Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
molo

Re: Navy 2020

Post by molo »

Absolutely! Leave religion for those who believe in it and don’t force it on those who don’t. We are not a theocracy.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Now that we’ve crossed this line, the Academy needs to set aside a safe space for Mids who like to play music backwards.
genesrfree

Post by genesrfree »

"Whoa whoa. The founding fathers did not establish this country as either Christian of a derivative of an imagined Judeo Christian tradition. They founded it based on the principles of the Enlightenment."

No enlightgenment-"and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

There is only one true God and He is the One they refer to in the D of I. If you don't think this country was built on Judeo-Christian values you might want to do some reading. This is the USNA bowing to the liberal PC/snowflake culture.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Total horse pucky. FYzi the DOI did not create the country and is not the Foundational Document. The Constitution is that document. A certain segment of the population had been trying to push your line of reasoning for decades. Problem is it doesn’t withstand scrutiny. Additionally try the Federalist and Anti Federalist papers as well as the writings of Jefferson, Madison et al They were Deists btw. There is no such thing at Judaeo Christian tradition theologically speaking
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Hmm...maybe Moses and Mel got it wrong?...

Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

+1 :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Whatever those other 5 Commandments were, I’m sure most politicians... oh never mind. We’re screwed.

January and the new season can’t come soon enough.
genesrfree

Post by genesrfree »

OCanada-85% of Americans call themselves Christians, whether that number is accurate is not up to me to determine, but that is "poll" data. That's an overwhelming majority and supports my comments that these are values of our country that need to be upheld. The initial commentary is around USNA allowing students to start a Satanic Temple. God has been kicked out of so many other places because of the liberal agenda, it is not a surprise that the Naval Academy bowed to the small amount of liberals that make a ruckus. Our country is going down the toilet because of stuff like this...nothing good about a satanic temple at USNA.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

I found Commandments Eleven through Fifteen:

http://www.jewishhumorcentral.com/2013/ ... e.html?m=1
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

genesrfree wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am OCanada-85% of Americans call themselves Christians, whether that number is accurate is not up to me to determine, but that is "poll" data. That's an overwhelming majority and supports my comments that these are values of our country that need to be upheld. The initial commentary is around USNA allowing students to start a Satanic Temple. God has been kicked out of so many other places because of the liberal agenda, it is not a surprise that the Naval Academy bowed to the small amount of liberals that make a ruckus. Our country is going down the toilet because of stuff like this...nothing good about a satanic temple at USNA.
That number is way, way off. It also has nothing to do with how the nation was founded. It's okay though, my guess is you'll probably be dead soon and won't have to worry about "the liberal agenda" ruining your beloved country, which belongs to you, and people like you, and no one else. Don't worry. It'll all be over soon.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am I found Commandments Eleven through Fifteen:

http://www.jewishhumorcentral.com/2013/ ... e.html?m=1
Gut arbet! Mazel tov! Ranks right up there with finding the Dead Sea Scrolls indeed!

Commandment XV was "Thou Shalt Not Terminate Navy vs. Hopkins Regular Season MLax Series". :shock:
genesrfree

Post by genesrfree »

HopFan16-if I am to believe one of the liberal icons, one Jane Fonda, we have exactly 11 years so you'll be gone as well...enjoy!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It has become a commonplace for the right wing to dump the Constitution when it suits, to make up facts to fit the need and to use inductive logic and non sequiturs to create an impression. This is a lax forum if an unmoderated one and my last mention of it. The grads are there to defend the Constitution and the country. They do it well. In the last wars my family have been all Navy. I am fine with the decision but not fine with the disregard for the Constitution, and the attempt by some to impose their own ideas ahead of the Constitution
Last edited by OCanada on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

OCanada wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:30 pm It has become a commonplace for the right wing to dump the Constitution when it suits, fo make up facts for turd the need and to use inductive logic and non sequiturs to create an impression. This is a lax forum if an unmoderated one and my last mention of it. The grads are there to defend the Constitution and the country. They do it well. In the last wars my family had been all Navy. I am fine with the decision but not do fine with the disregard fir the Constitution, and the attempt by some to impose their own ideas ahead of the Constitution

What he said +1

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

great. politics.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

genesrfree wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am OCanada-85% of Americans call themselves Christians, whether that number is accurate is not up to me to determine, but that is "poll" data. That's an overwhelming majority and supports my comments that these are values of our country that need to be upheld. The initial commentary is around USNA allowing students to start a Satanic Temple. God has been kicked out of so many other places because of the liberal agenda, it is not a surprise that the Naval Academy bowed to the small amount of liberals that make a ruckus. Our country is going down the toilet because of stuff like this...nothing good about a satanic temple at USNA.
Satanic Temple :o

Is that what the new John S McCain building is going to be used for ? ;)
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

FC 101, 104
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:50 pm FC 101, 104
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

genesrfree wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:23 am "Whoa whoa. The founding fathers did not establish this country as either Christian of a derivative of an imagined Judeo Christian tradition. They founded it based on the principles of the Enlightenment."

No enlightgenment-"and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

There is only one true God and He is the One they refer to in the D of I. If you don't think this country was built on Judeo-Christian values you might want to do some reading. This is the USNA bowing to the liberal PC/snowflake culture.
First Amendment to the Constitution:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Most scholars believe that "disestablishment" -- the process through which, starting after the American Revolution and going through the 1830s, state governments stopped financially supporting a specific religion (e.g. the Congregationalists in MA and CT, the Anglican Church in VA) -- was a boon for religion in the United States. Unlike other countries in which the ruling government was associated with religion (think France, Italy, even Ireland), in the United States different religious faiths stood or fell on their own merits without support from the government. Enormous periods of growth, such as the Second Great Awakening (which peaked in the 1830s and 1840s, and saw exponential growth of the Methodist and Baptist Churches, to focus on two Protestant denominations), were a result of cultural and economic factors, not external support from the government. This also meant that religions did not get tarnished by cynicism about the government or face opposition based on a reluctance by the public to have tax dollars supporting a religion. As a result, religion in the U.S. has flourished without (and to some extent because) there is no formal governmental support. The U.S. is fairly clearly the most religious of the Western industrialized nations -- and it's a nation that never had a "State Religion."

Obviously the brass at USNA has read the Constitution and is familiar with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. In the early 1970s, moreover, the service academies litigated and lost the Anderson v. Laird case in which compulsory chapel attendance was held to be unconstitutional. Who knows why the midshipmen were interested in this particular group, the Satanic Temple, which appears at first glance to be an organization for atheists? Maybe they're a bunch of funny guys going for the shock value of the name? Maybe they're committed atheists who want to explore what it means to be an atheist in the military/American society? Regardless, erring on the side of affording meeting space to a group that surely constitutes of a fraction of one percent of the Brigade of Midshipmen is not only Constitutionally correct, it's good common sense. The only real controversy is if they are denied the meeting space on the grounds that the activity is inconsistent with Christianity.

And that brings me back to lacrosse at the Naval Academy. The men's and women's Navy lax players I've met have been outstanding individuals, as have the other service academy graduates I've come across in my personal and professional life. Regardless of what else is going on in society, I'm very confident that USNA (and USMA and USAFA and USCGA and USMMA) are graduating outstanding young people who bring credit to us all. Go Navy!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”