Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:45 pm Please, don't judge a person's character, or mental stability/capability or "goodness" by their religious beliefs.
I rarely do...especially here...the whole God speaks to me or has chosen me is something I don't buy.
I agree. What are your thoughts on Islam?

Why do you ask, Kram?
I know a whole lot of American Muslims hailing originally from all over the world. First gen mostly, 2nd and third gen; a few being descendants of slaves, but mostly not.

I've been very impressed, glad to call them "my fellow Americans".

Now, the nutcases who want to force their beliefs on others, willing to kill or otherwise terrorize innocents? That's about power, twisting 'religion' for evil intent. Not actually consistent with how most understand their faith!

We're not allowed to do that in this country.
Horse poop...happens all the time by the ultra religious.
I know. And by the left too.

Yes, some on the left have serious disdain for some of the tendencies of very conservative religious folks who bring their views into the public square. That's more about pushing back on the politics than actually about religious beliefs. Believe what you want, just don't tell me what to believe.

Some folks certainly shake their heads as well at the 'snake handlers' and 'speaking in tongues' sorts of religious beliefs, but as long as you keep those snakes to yourself and don't endanger anyone else...ie children...then whatever.

Basically, the issue is when "religious beliefs" put others at risk or otherwise trample on other's rights. At least here in America, we don't think that's appropriate.

People can worship whatever religion they want, however they want, and not be judged by it.
First part, full agreement. You can worship crows for all I care....nothing says you can't and won't be judged.
Agree with the first part too. Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on religion as it's tied to immigration?

I'm puzzled by that question. What are you seeing as an overlap between 'religion' and 'immigration', 'tied' or otherwise?

This was a great way for Trump to "add religious diversity" to the White House.
What does that mean?

Diversity- We're regularly told multiple perspectives from people of different backgrounds is a good thing. Does hiring Christian Evangelicals not fit into that line of thinking? If not, why?

You really imagine this was about "diversity" in the White House? They don't have enough Christians?
or evangelicals or maybe you mean fundamentalists?

Now, maybe add a couple of Muslims, perhaps some Hindus...

Trump has embraced the evangelicals for a single reason - votes. Same reasons he said he would do something after everyone of the mass shootings, but refuses to do so...votes.
Trump's embrace of evangelicals - Is this any different that what any other politician does/has done pandering to special interest groups for votes?

Just as long as you understand this is about pandering, not competence.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Based on most of your posts mdlaxfan76, I don't think your have a grasp on what the word competence means....
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Edgar Allan Poe
Last edited by wahoomurf on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SMAIN wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:04 pm
Based on most of your posts mdlaxfan76, I don't think your have a grasp on what the word competence means....
Well, I certainly don't know what puzzles your (sic) about my usage.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NYT
Paula White, a televangelist based in Florida and personal pastor to President Trump whom he has known since 2002, has joined the Trump administration in an official capacity, according to a White House official.

Ms. White will work in the Office of Public Liaison, the official said, which is the division of the White House overseeing outreach to groups and coalitions organizing key parts of the president’s base. Her role will be to advise the administration’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative, which Mr. Trump established last year by executive order and which aims to give religious groups more of a voice in government programs devoted to issues like defending religious liberty and fighting poverty.

As Mr. Trump campaigns for a second term, he cannot afford to lose support from the religious conservatives who voted for him in 2016 in significant numbers. Without their backing, his path to re-election would be significantly narrower.

Wonder which "religious groups" will be given "more of a voice in government programs"?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ouse-staff

White told The New York Post last week that Trump is “not at all impulsive — he’s so far ahead of everyone, very much a strategic thinker.”

White delivered an opening prayer before his June campaign kickoff rally in Orlando, Fla., saying “demonic networks” have aligned themselves against Trump and vowing that the president “will overcome every strategy from hell and every strategy from the enemy.”

Yikes!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:24 pm I'm outraged by the passivity and silence of many FanLax folks regarding Trump's betrayal of the JSOC. Perhaps I'm overreacting as I was one of them. The disregard strikes too close to home for me. I thought there were a few folks on this blog that wore a uniform in service of the USA. How naive!:cry:

The operators did their jobs and achieved their objective. Result...the elimination of the world's most notorious and evil criminal.WELL DONE!

I listened to the USHOS, a gutless, lying,draft-dodging, military mocking, disgusting pile of filth spew forth his hallucinogenic "I SAW AND HEARD IT" REPORTAGE. No doubt, Scalise, Jordan-Hastert and Rubio dismiss IT'S babble as "he's just kidding".I don't think it's funny.

I'm probably out of step with FanLax nation on my revulsion of that THING. Pretty sure quite a number the FLHS are repulsed by ANY criticism of their leader.TOO BAD, SO SAD. However, my disgust with the silence of the Joint Chiefs is far greater. Of course, we all know the CIC doesn't givva about a Chain of Command. The JCs have to honor the chain but the CIC doesn't? HONOR? Colonel Vindman honored the oath he took. I can't imagine a more DISHONORABLE gutless group than the CHIEFS, MICK, POMPEO G, BRONX BOY BARR, A.G. Whitaker-Sessions, whomever the SECDEF is this week and the rest of the CIC's Politburo. Almost forgot the unctuous new communications doyenne..."12 Steps" Grisham.

All those wind-up, empty-headed ZEROS had the temerity to attack an honorable AMERICAN. :roll:

My grandkids are watching. Are your's?

US SPEC FCS.jpeg.png
[
The operators did their jobs and achieved their objective. Result...the elimination of the world's most notorious and evil criminal.WELL DONE!/quote] Ollie North has never been forgiven for some for his errors in judgement. His record as a highly decorated combat marine also means nothing. Once you get into the game of politics... nothing else you have done in your life matters. There are some folks that only remember George Patton slapped a soldier and damn near lost his command of any army units.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 am
wahoomurf wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:24 pm I'm outraged by the passivity and silence of many FanLax folks regarding Trump's betrayal of the JSOC. Perhaps I'm overreacting as I was one of them. The disregard strikes too close to home for me. I thought there were a few folks on this blog that wore a uniform in service of the USA. How naive!:cry:

The operators did their jobs and achieved their objective. Result...the elimination of the world's most notorious and evil criminal.WELL DONE!

I listened to the USHOS, a gutless, lying,draft-dodging, military mocking, disgusting pile of filth spew forth his hallucinogenic "I SAW AND HEARD IT" REPORTAGE. No doubt, Scalise, Jordan-Hastert and Rubio dismiss IT'S babble as "he's just kidding".I don't think it's funny.

I'm probably out of step with FanLax nation on my revulsion of that THING. Pretty sure quite a number the FLHS are repulsed by ANY criticism of their leader.TOO BAD, SO SAD. However, my disgust with the silence of the Joint Chiefs is far greater. Of course, we all know the CIC doesn't givva about a Chain of Command. The JCs have to honor the chain but the CIC doesn't? HONOR? Colonel Vindman honored the oath he took. I can't imagine a more DISHONORABLE gutless group than the CHIEFS, MICK, POMPEO G, BRONX BOY BARR, A.G. Whitaker-Sessions, whomever the SECDEF is this week and the rest of the CIC's Politburo. Almost forgot the unctuous new communications doyenne..."12 Steps" Grisham.

All those wind-up, empty-headed ZEROS had the temerity to attack an honorable AMERICAN. :roll:

My grandkids are watching. Are your's?

US SPEC FCS.jpeg.png
[
The operators did their jobs and achieved their objective. Result...the elimination of the world's most notorious and evil criminal.WELL DONE!/quote] Ollie North has never been forgiven for some for his errors in judgement. His record as a highly decorated combat marine also means nothing. Once you get into the game of politics... nothing else you have done in your life matters. There are some folks that only remember George Patton slapped a soldier and damn near lost his command of any army units.
Ollie broke the law.
He did not merely "get into the game of politics" or make "some errors in judgment", though he certainly turned his celebrity into a lucrative political commentary career later on.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Robert Heinlein
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The Press Secretary:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

"Some former White House press secretaries find the rhetorical tone to be a bit unusual. To say the least.

It’s “off the deep end,” said Joe Lockhart, who served as press secretary under Clinton and is now a communications consultant. “I think her comment [about John Kelly] was instructive because it suggests [she’s] shifted from a traditional communications person to a cult-of-personality propagandist. It’s the kind of thing you see in North Korea. It reminds me of what the North Korean state media said about [the late dictator] Kim Jong Il’s golf game” — that he shot an impossible 34 in a single round.

Added Lockhart: “Up until this president, the press secretary’s job was to balance the interests of the president and the interests of the press. Some did it well, some poorly, but everyone tried to do it. They don’t try. I’ve never seen people like this in our country.”

Ari Fleischer, a press secretary to President George W. Bush, is somewhat more sympathetic toward Grisham, whom he suggests is merely taking her cues from Trump. The Kelly statement, he said, was probably dictated to her by the president. “It sounds much more like him than it does her.”

Said Fleisher, who heads a communications firm: “My issue here is with the president. I didn’t like his use of the phrase ‘human scum,’ just as I didn’t like the use of the word Nazi that some of his opponents have used against him. I wish people in public life would stop seeking to delegitimize their political opponents.”

But Trump’s verbal thunder leaves his press secretary with little room to maneuver. “Once a president says something, the press secretary, whose job is to speak for the president, either needs to support and explain what the president said or resign,” Fleischer said. “There is no distancing yourself from the president when you are the president’s spokesman.”

What makes Trump’s press secretary unusual, however, is that she rarely makes her statements to the media or public at large, preferring instead to channel her thoughts primarily through official statements, tweets and print interviews.

Since replacing Sanders nearly four months ago (while also becoming White House communications director and remaining Melania Trump’s spokeswoman), Grisham, 43, hasn’t faced the White House press corps in a single briefing. Considering that Sanders gave only two briefings in the first half of the year, Trump’s press secretaries are now two for 2019 in doing what had been routine in previous administrations.

In addition, Grisham has given only a handful of TV interviews since she started the job. All of her TV appearances have been with conservative outlets, primarily Fox News, Trump’s most frequent interview venue.

She argues that it’s unfair to criticize her for this: “First I wasn’t doing any TV and that was a big deal. . . . Now I am doing ‘only Fox’ and that is [described as] a problem,” she said. “When does it stop? When will I be doing enough?”

She adds, “As with everything, I will do things when it is most beneficial to the president.”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

"Conspiracy" - phooey!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Orange Duce loses another court case regarding business tax returns. Running out of courts.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:58 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 am
Ollie North has never been forgiven for some for his errors in judgement. His record as a highly decorated combat marine also means nothing. Once you get into the game of politics... nothing else you have done in your life matters. There are some folks that only remember George Patton slapped a soldier and damn near lost his command of any army units.
Ollie broke the law.
He did not merely "get into the game of politics" or make "some errors in judgment", though he certainly turned his celebrity into a lucrative political commentary career later on.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

She (Grisham), argues that it’s unfair to criticize her for this: “First I wasn’t doing any TV and that was a big deal. . . . Now I am doing ‘only Fox’ and that is [described as] a problem,” she said. “When does it stop? When will I be doing enough?”

She adds, “As with everything, I will do things when it is most beneficial to the president.”
"12 Steps" Grisham has been doing more than enough to address her primary addiction.For her to develop another one---"doing things when it is most beneficial to her president" may prove to be a major impediment on her long voyage to recovery.

Not sure if she broke her habit (addiction ?) of stealing $$$s from her employers. ;)
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Trump hosted the WS winning Nationals today. Kurt Suzuki wore a MAGA hat! Does that mean he’s a white supremacist? Asking for a friend
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

This guy is: https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-whi ... d=66745997

Glad to see that the FBI remains on the job.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bandito wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:34 pm Trump hosted the WS winning Nationals today. Kurt Suzuki wore a MAGA hat! Does that mean he’s a white supremacist? Asking for a friend
No, just makes him a chump for letting Trump direct his behavior. Trump asked him to wear it providing the hat, it was not Suzuki's hat that he brought with him. Apparently Trump enjoyed feeling Suzuki up. What's up with that? 7 of the Nats (roughly 30% of the 25 man championship team) refused to join the team at the White House. Hardly a ringing endorsement for Orange Duce.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:37 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:34 pm Trump hosted the WS winning Nationals today. Kurt Suzuki wore a MAGA hat! Does that mean he’s a white supremacist? Asking for a friend
No, just makes him a chump for letting Trump direct his behavior. Trump asked him to wear it providing the hat, it was not Suzuki's hat that he brought with him. Apparently Trump enjoyed feeling Suzuki up. What's up with that? 7 of the Nats (roughly 30% of the 25 man championship team) refused to join the team at the White House. Hardly a ringing endorsement for Orange Duce.
Damn, you certainly know a lot about what goes on inside the WH. Are you a leaker? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 pm
Damn, you certainly know a lot about what goes on inside the WH. Are you a leaker? ;) :lol:
Nope, WaPo subscriber. :lol:
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:53 pm
Congrats on subscribing to a rag of a newspaper that created a positive obituary for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Pathetic.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bandito wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:53 pm
Congrats on subscribing to a rag of a newspaper that created a positive obituary for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Pathetic.
Sorry if real news pisses on your potato salad. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”