Healthcare

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Healthcare

Post by Brooklyn »

Republicon health care [sic]:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.breakingnewstime.com/elizab ... -revealed/ We middle class shlubs have all been saved. :D Lizzie Borden took her axe and gave the rich folks forty whacks. It won't cost any of us a red cent. That is the same lie you gave to your HS sweetie when you told her you would not deposit a surprise in her mouth. :roll: I know there are maybe one or two fiscal conservative folks out here in Fanlax forum land. Between the Green New Steal and Lizzies Healthcare we are somewhere around 90 trillion dollars in new spending. Besides my self is anyone concerned at all? :? I guess we should all just take a nice hot shower and have a warm glass of milk. We can then curl up on the sofa with a good book safe in knowing the Democrats have save the world and it never cost us a thing. :P any of you folks out there think that all them there rich folks might have a gripe or two about picking up the tab? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:08 am https://www.breakingnewstime.com/elizab ... -revealed/ We middle class shlubs have all been saved. :D Lizzie Borden took her axe and gave the rich folks forty whacks. It won't cost any of us a red cent. That is the same lie you gave to your HS sweetie when you told her you would not deposit a surprise in her mouth. :roll: I know there are maybe one or two fiscal conservative folks out here in Fanlax forum land. Between the Green New Steal and Lizzies Healthcare we are somewhere around 90 trillion dollars in new spending. Besides my self is anyone concerned at all? :? I guess we should all just take a nice hot shower and have a warm glass of milk. We can then curl up on the sofa with a good book safe in knowing the Democrats have save the world and it never cost us a thing. :P any of you folks out there think that all them there rich folks might have a gripe or two about picking up the tab? :D
Mayor Pete is concerned.
So is Joe Biden. So is Amy Klobuchar...do I need to go on, cradle?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:08 am https://www.breakingnewstime.com/elizab ... -revealed/ We middle class shlubs have all been saved. :D Lizzie Borden took her axe and gave the rich folks forty whacks. It won't cost any of us a red cent. That is the same lie you gave to your HS sweetie when you told her you would not deposit a surprise in her mouth. :roll: I know there are maybe one or two fiscal conservative folks out here in Fanlax forum land. Between the Green New Steal and Lizzies Healthcare we are somewhere around 90 trillion dollars in new spending. Besides my self is anyone concerned at all? :? I guess we should all just take a nice hot shower and have a warm glass of milk. We can then curl up on the sofa with a good book safe in knowing the Democrats have save the world and it never cost us a thing. :P any of you folks out there think that all them there rich folks might have a gripe or two about picking up the tab? :D
Mayor Pete is concerned.
They are not in the drivers seat of the Democrat Party right now are they? Liz Warren is the new bright and shining star. At least until the bean counters start dissecting her healthcare plan. Paul Krugman loves her plan. What else is there to say about it? You are a businessman MD. I think you are pretty astute when it come to counting dollars and looking at the bottom line. What say you about the cost and that it will not cost middle class taxpayers a thin dime? Do you believe that is realistic?
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/201 ... ren-pass-/
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:37 am
Mayor Pete is concerned.
They are not in the drivers seat of the Democrat Party right now are they? Liz Warren is the new bright and shining star. At least until the bean counters start dissecting her healthcare plan. Paul Krugman loves her plan. What else is there to say about it? You are a businessman MD. I think you are pretty astute when it come to counting dollars and looking at the bottom line. What say you about the cost and that it will not cost middle class taxpayers a thin dime? Do you believe that is realistic?
I agree on the costs. If I understand correctly, there's a huge chunk of this enormous spend that gets pushed to the states. While the Feds might not ask the middle class to pay more, the states surely would need to do so.

Where I disagree with you is the notion that Warren is likely to be the nominee at the end of this process.
Could be, and yes, that'll help Trump...which is why I think ultimately she's less likely to get the nomination.

I really can't speak for Dems, but I have been paying attention to their candidates. I see the "revolution" folks as having lots of early attention within the activist base, the social media base, but ultimately the 'reform' folks will coalesce. The further left folks will show up in the general regardless, as the #1 priority is to defeat Trump. I'm rooting for Mayor Pete to continue his rise.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

How does Warren’s plan compare to the Republican health care plan? I recall a promise to have the best care ever, where everyone is covered. What is that plan called today? Are people happy with for profit insurance, deductibles, higher premium share, limits of coverage, co-pays, etc? Are people preferring the uncertainty of coverage and costs or any coverage at all if they lose coverage for any reason?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Impeachable Offense That Democrats Should Stop Ignoring

"Specifically, look to Article II, which states that the president must “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” That’s a fancy way of saying that the president has to carry out the laws that Congress writes. How to determine what is faithful execution is a matter of ongoing debate, but it is pretty clear that Trump isn’t faithfully administrating the ACA.

In fact, Trump was never coy about his intentions to destroy the law. Mere hours after taking office, he signed an executive order directing members of his administration to undermine Obamacare. Since then, they have happily complied with that order’s underlying intent while conveniently ignoring the demand that their actions be “consistent with law.” And while the courts have repeatedly affirmed that the president has wide discretionary latitude to decide how to enforce the law, they have not recognized a president’s right to effectively repeal laws through executive action."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:46 am The Impeachable Offense That Democrats Should Stop Ignoring

"Specifically, look to Article II, which states that the president must “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” That’s a fancy way of saying that the president has to carry out the laws that Congress writes. How to determine what is faithful execution is a matter of ongoing debate, but it is pretty clear that Trump isn’t faithfully administrating the ACA.

In fact, Trump was never coy about his intentions to destroy the law. Mere hours after taking office, he signed an executive order directing members of his administration to undermine Obamacare. Since then, they have happily complied with that order’s underlying intent while conveniently ignoring the demand that their actions be “consistent with law.” And while the courts have repeatedly affirmed that the president has wide discretionary latitude to decide how to enforce the law, they have not recognized a president’s right to effectively repeal laws through executive action."

Not so sure I buy this one, though I accept the argument that it's a violation of a trust and responsibility to,“take care that the laws be faithfully executed.”

The founders discussed at length the dangers of impeachment being used to address differences of policy, partisan power, etc. We make these changes at the ballot box. and indeed, one could stand on the debate stage or run adds with this message...good line of argument.

For impeachment, which should be for quite extraordinary circumstances, the abuses of power, the "high crimes and misdemeanors," need to be very corrupt acts. A prime example of such, actually discussed by the founders, was a foreign power getting involved with a US election process in exchange for favors, implied or explicit.

Stick to the most extreme corrupt acts for impeachment, argue the rest in the election cycle.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:53 am
Mayor Pete is concerned.
I agree on the costs. If I understand correctly, there's a huge chunk of this enormous spend that gets pushed to the states. While the Feds might not ask the middle class to pay more, the states surely would need to do so.

Where I disagree with you is the notion that Warren is likely to be the nominee at the end of this process.
Could be, and yes, that'll help Trump...which is why I think ultimately she's less likely to get the nomination.

I really can't speak for Dems, but I have been paying attention to their candidates. I see the "revolution" folks as having lots of early attention within the activist base, the social media base, but ultimately the 'reform' folks will coalesce. The further left folks will show up in the general regardless, as the #1 priority is to defeat Trump. I'm rooting for Mayor Pete to continue his rise.
1) Warren even if elected is incapable of getting her healthcare plan passed. Democrats aren't republicans. The rest of the party is not going to follow Warren in trying to implement her plan. Way less than 50% of democrats and democrat leaning independents support her healthcare plan. Only the loudest voices. She is correct that single payer is the most efficient way to manage US healthcare, but there are lots of possibilities that gain the bulk of those efficiencies without single payer. One really big non-profit efficient payer is nearly as good as it sets a bench mark for those for profit entities.

2) The democrats are going to pick the candidate they think is most likely to beat Trump. Every poll they take shows this. The number of voters who are locked in to anyone single democrat is very very small. We are still 9 months away from coming to a decision as to who that is. Warren's path is not the same as Biden's or Bernie's or Buttigieg's, etc. What has gone without saying is no matter the candidate's agenda, 4 years are going to be taken up undoing the damage Orange Duce has done.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm
Mayor Pete is concerned.

1) Warren even if elected is incapable of getting her healthcare plan passed. Democrats aren't republicans. The rest of the party is not going to follow Warren in trying to implement her plan. Way less than 50% of democrats and democrat leaning independents support her healthcare plan. Only the loudest voices. She is correct that single payer is the most efficient way to manage US healthcare, but there are lots of possibilities that gain the bulk of those efficiencies without single payer. One really big non-profit efficient payer is nearly as good as it sets a bench mark for those for profit entities.

2) The democrats are going to pick the candidate they think is most likely to beat Trump. Every poll they take shows this. The number of voters who are locked in to anyone single democrat is very very small. We are still 9 months away from coming to a decision as to who that is. Warren's path is not the same as Biden's or Bernie's or Buttigieg's, etc. What has gone without saying is no matter the candidate's agenda, 4 years are going to be taken up undoing the damage Orange Duce has done.
" The democrats are going to pick the candidate they think is most likely to beat Trump." Big problem for the Dems. They can impeach him. They can throw his ass in jail. They can burn him at the stake but as of this moment, they don't have a candidate that can beat him in a general election.

https://freedomoutpost.com/former-san-f ... impeached/
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm :lol: :roll:
You doubting Willie Brown? ;) The Dems have put all their eggs into the impeachment basket already knowing that he will never be convicted in the senate. Here in NYS, to get back on topic there is huge support for Lizzies plan. After all, them thar rich folks will pay the tab. :D It won't cost me a red cent... so Lizzie says. IMO Lizzie has bit off way more than she can chew. When the folks at SNL start ripping on you. That says something.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm
You doubting Willie Brown? ;) The Dems have put all their eggs into the impeachment basket already knowing that he will never be convicted in the senate. Here in NYS, to get back on topic there is huge support for Lizzies plan. After all, them thar rich folks will pay the tab. :D It won't cost me a red cent... so Lizzie says. IMO Lizzie has bit off way more than she can chew. When the folks at SNL start ripping on you. That says something.
My kids don't care for her in general. They won't vote for Trump.

They don't fully understand the healthcare issue, but they do understand it's un-popular.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Ohh, I missed that.
Did Willie say the Dems don't have a candidate that can beat Trump?

"They can burn him at the stake but as of this moment, they don't have a candidate that can beat him in a general election."

...uhhh no...he didn't. That was you.

SNL rips on everyone.
Warren is at or near the front of the current pack, SNL will have fun with her.
Easy to caricature and SNL has the perfect gal to do it!
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:45 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm
Mayor Pete is concerned.

" The democrats are going to pick the candidate they think is most likely to beat Trump." Big problem for the Dems. They can impeach him. They can throw his ass in jail. They can burn him at the stake but as of this moment, they don't have a candidate that can beat him in a general election.

https://freedomoutpost.com/former-san-f ... impeached/
If they only had a con man of the pedigree of DT.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

All throughout the Obama years we heard righties crying "Repeal & Replace" Obamacare. But so far the opposition has been dead silent about the failed TrumpNonCare. Passivity is death but that's just the way it always is in the USA.

Meanwhile, Brits will let Trump know they don't care about his views on health care:

NHS Staff to Lead Protest Against Trump During His Trip to the UK Amid Rising Privatization Concerns
The demonstration plans come as new research reveals that nearly £15 billion in health service contracts have been given to private firms since 2015, casting doubt on Tories' claims that NHS isn't "up for sale."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/ ... vatization

Nurses and doctors from the United Kingdom's National Health Service are planning to lead a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump next week amid mounting concerns about potential privatization of the U.K.'s decades-old public healthcare system.

The Stop Trump Coalition—which helped organize massive protests against the U.S. president when he visited the U.K. in July 2018—said in a statement Friday that "the health workers' bloc will tell Trump 'hands off our NHS,' as concerns intensify about a trade deal letting U.S. firms muscle in on the health service."

Folks across the pond are so much smarter than we Yanks are.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

British people guess how much health care costs in the US — and they are shocked.

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/statu ... 0223285249

Where is the criticism of TrumpNonCare???

Righties? Lefties?? Anybody else???

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Twitter thread from a former health insurance executive (Wendell Potter) and current health payment reform advocate:
Lately I’ve noticed some Democratic politicians defending the current healthcare system by saying it preserves “choice” for Americans. As a former health insurance exec who helped draft this talking point, I need to come clean on its back story, and why it's wrong and a trap 1/11
When I worked in the insurance industry, we were instructed to talk about “choice,” based on focus groups and people like Frank Luntz (who wrote the book on how the GOP should communicate with Americans). I used it all the time as an industry flack. But there was a problem. 2/11
As a health insurance PR guy, we knew one of the huge *vulnerabilities* of the current system was LACK of choice. In the current system, you can’t pick your own doc, specialist, or hospital without huge “out of network” bills. So we set out to muddy the issue of "choice." 3/11
As industry insiders, we also knew most Americans have very little choice of their plan. Your company chooses an insurance provider and you get to pick from a few different plans offered by that one insurer, usually either a high deductible plan or a higher deductible plan 4/11
Another problem insurers like mine had on the “choice” issue: people with employer-based plans have very little choice to keep it. You can lose it if your company changes it, or you change jobs, or turn 26 or many other ways. This is a problem for defenders of the status quo 5/11
Knowing we were losing the "choice" argument, my pals in the insurance industry spent millions on lobbying, ads and spin doctors -- all designed to gaslight Americans into thinking that reforming the status quo would somehow give them “less choice.” 6/11
An industry front group launched a campaign to achieve this very purpose. Its name: “My Care, My Choice.” Its job: Trick Americans into thinking they currently can choose any plan they want, and that their plan allows them to see any doctor. They've spent big in Iowa 7/11
This isn't the only time the industry made “choice” a big talking point in its scheme to fight health reform. Soon after Obamacare was passed, it created a front group called the Choice and Competition Coalition, to scare states away from creating exchanges with better plans 8/11
The difference is, this time *Democrats* are the ones parroting the misleading “choice” talking point. And they're even using it as a weapon against each other. Back in my insurance PR days, this would have stunned me. I bet my old colleagues are thrilled, and celebrating. 9/11
The truth, of course, is you have little "choice" in healthcare now. Most can’t keep their plan as long as they want, or visit any doctor or hospital. Some reforms, like Medicare For All, *would* let you. In other words, M4A actually offers more choice than the status quo. 10/11
So if a politician tells you they oppose reforming the current healthcare system because they want to preserve "choice," either they don't know what they're talking about - or they're willfully ignoring the truth. I assure you, the insurance industry is delighted either way 11/11
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”