All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:32 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 am
Typical - weak sauce. :roll:
She stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite.
blah, blah blah
AFAN, if someone responds to these types of posts, is the respondee "complaining", or, are the authors of such "constructive conversation" impervious to your rants of how to perform on these threads ?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/clim ... niers.html

Riddle:

Is one a CC "Denialist" if one buys a multi-million $$ compound on a beach (won't the property be worthless soon? What do these morons know anyway!)? Asking for a few friends like Al Gore, Barrack Obama, Marc Lasry, Wes Edens, George Soros, Every Malibu Resident, every Hamptons DNC fundraiser, etc...

Also asking for any owner and user of private jets like Brad Pitt and every other woke Hollywood star including Jane Fonda.

Also asking for Sheila Jackson Lee who had a driver driver one block in DC every day.

Also asking...ahhhh you get it folks. It's a ruse to pry more $$ from you, shielded by well-meaning folks who want clean air and clean water. Follow da money...
They will move to one of their other homes and collect whatever insurance they have. Poor people can also move to one of their other homes.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 am RedFromMI is an actual academic scientist that knows how this stuff works. He actually has peer reviewed papers in his specialty. He has an actual paid position in a university. You want to talk about calm voices - that would be RedFromMI.

Not once in 15 years has this Dr. Crockford actually published a peer reviewed article. Expert academic researchers have peer reviewed articles in their areas of expertise. She is a fraud. Period.
The issue is Polar Bear population. Can you steer us to peer reviewed research regarding this topic. (In other words, prove that Dr. Crockford is wrong)

No? Why is that? Because most of them are in Russia? Just blah blah blah, she is a doctor, but not OUR kind of doctor :roll:

Also, while we are at it, instead of responding with snark, provide substance instead, especially regarding the OTHER ny times article from 2016 and the clear agenda to bash anyone that doesn't follow along with Tom Steyer's billionare message.
Deflect and attempt to change the subject. :roll: Typical.

I have a Ph.D. as well. Does that make me a polar bear expert -- I'm a doctor! Roy Spencer, another Ph.D. that at least has peer reviewed articles in his area of expertise, not polar bears -- is he a polar bear expert? After 15 years of no academically recognize publications -- as an expert, she is a fraud. :roll: If she expects to be recognized -- she needs to play by the same rules as everyone else. Her claim of being a polar bear expert is about as credible as Elizabeth Warren's claim to being a real "indian". :lol:

If you are really interested in comparing Crockford's claims to that of an actual polar bear expert. 30+ years in the field with actual and numerous peer reviewed papers on the subject. Knock yourself out.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:46 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 am RedFromMI is an actual academic scientist that knows how this stuff works. He actually has peer reviewed papers in his specialty. He has an actual paid position in a university. You want to talk about calm voices - that would be RedFromMI.

Not once in 15 years has this Dr. Crockford actually published a peer reviewed article. Expert academic researchers have peer reviewed articles in their areas of expertise. She is a fraud. Period.
The issue is Polar Bear population. Can you steer us to peer reviewed research regarding this topic. (In other words, prove that Dr. Crockford is wrong)

No? Why is that? Because most of them are in Russia? Just blah blah blah, she is a doctor, but not OUR kind of doctor :roll:

Also, while we are at it, instead of responding with snark, provide substance instead, especially regarding the OTHER ny times article from 2016 and the clear agenda to bash anyone that doesn't follow along with Tom Steyer's billionare message.

I have a Ph.D. as well. Does that make me a polar bear expert -- I'm a doctor! Roy Spencer, another Ph.D. that at least has peer reviewed articles in his area of expertise, not polar bears -- is he a polar bear expert? After 15 years of no academically recognize publications -- as an expert, she is a fraud. :roll: If she expects to be recognized -- she needs to play by the same rules as everyone else. Her claim of being a polar bear expert is about as credible as Elizabeth Warren's claim to being a real "indian". :lol:

If you are really interested in comparing Crockford's claims to that of an actual polar bear expert. 30+ years in the field with actual and numerous peer reviewed papers on the subject. Knock yourself out.

If you are really interested in seeing 'research' fraud up close by financially compromised partisans, consider jhu72's post of a man who authored a Guardian article with a heart-wrenching photo of a dead polar bear claiming it 'died because of global warming', which is weird because it had been tagged only 3 months prior and was quite healthy. That's a very short amount of time to starve to death for a healthy bear! Amazingly, no necroposy was performed on this bear as is done always by real scientists.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ge-sea-ice

https://polarbearscience.com/2013/08/07 ... te-change/

Could it be that the rather elderly Mr. Stirling is seeking donations to his cause?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:58 am

If you are really interested in seeing 'research' fraud up close by financially compromised partisans, consider jhu72's post of a man who authored a Guardian article with a heart-wrenching photo of a dead polar bear claiming it 'died because of global warming', which is weird because it had been tagged only 3 months prior and was quite healthy. That's a very short amount of time to starve to death for a healthy bear! Amazingly, no necroposy was performed on this bear as is done always by real scientists.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ge-sea-ice

https://polarbearscience.com/2013/08/07 ... te-change/

Could it be that the rather elderly Mr. Stirling is seeking donations to his cause?
More weak sauce.

The "Guardian" article casts no doubt on Stirlings claim. "Polarbearscience" is the blog of Crockford's. Note the blog entry was written in 2013 while Crockford was on the payroll of the Heartland Institute. Stirling 150+ peer reviewed papers on polar bears; Crockford 0 peer reviewed papers on polar bears.

Typical, someone being accused of doing it for the money by someone who is clearly doing it for the money. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Thank you for the link, very informative. I did spend the last hour reading his writings/reports.

How does "sea ice" effect the polar population in the Hudson Bay region, which he (Stirling) says the population has dropped %......due to sea ice ???
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you for the link, very informative. I did spend the last hour reading his writings/reports.

How does "sea ice" effect the polar population in the Hudson Bay region, which he (Stirling) says the population has dropped %......due to sea ice ???
I have not read the article but there may be some information here: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Hudson_Bay
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

13 year old data.........almost half the existence of the earth. :roll:

(or at least "recorded" history.....thought the lousy stories in the bible/tora/quarrane, etc contained weather related incidents. Rain, floods, famine, locusts, frogs, goats, etc. )
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:59 am 13 year old data.........almost half the existence of the earth. :roll:

(or at least "recorded" history.....thought the lousy stories in the bible/tora/quarrane, etc contained weather related incidents. Rain, floods, famine, locusts, frogs, goats, etc. )
Like I said, I had not read the article. You are on your own. Let us know what you find..... (I am sure you will.....)
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:59 am 13 year old data.........almost half the existence of the earth. :roll:

Like I said, I had not read the article. You are on your own. Let us know what you find..... (I am sure you will.....)

We won’t accept VOTER ID but trust us on the number of polar bears! No agenda, pinkie swear! :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 pm

We won’t accept VOTER ID but trust us on the number of polar bears! No agenda, pinkie swear! :lol:
You need identification to register. Please show me articles that indicate voter fraud is an issue in this Country. I read the articles in North Carolina. Still waiting on the Baltimore articles about the crackheads voting 5 times. When you post it, I will post the articles with the Oxy, Meth and fentanyl heads voting multiple times in Trumpland.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:32 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 am
Typical - weak sauce. :roll:
She stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite.
blah, blah blah
AFAN, if someone responds to these types of posts, is the respondee "complaining", or, are the authors of such "constructive conversation" impervious to your rants of how to perform on these threads ?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/clim ... niers.html
scroll up........yawn
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Speaking of voter ID.....how do the illegals obtain drivers licenses in Massachusettes? Apparently, you need a PULL emergency brake, located in the center, in order to take a drivers test. Who the F owns a car with a PULL brake located in the center console? Have to spend $200 on "borrowing" a driving school test. Or even the $800 for driving class if under 18 ? How do the poor afford to get a drivers license?

Speaking of the poor....noticed my sisters buddy Joe 4 Oil no longer provides oil for the poor....only solar panels or maybe natural gas. Joe still collecting a million in earnings every year tho
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Speaking of voter ID.....how do the illegals obtain drivers licenses in Massachusettes? Apparently, you need a PULL emergency brake, located in the center, in order to take a drivers test. Who the F owns a car with a PULL brake located in the center console? Have to spend $200 on "borrowing" a driving school test. Or even the $800 for driving class if under 18 ? How do the poor afford to get a drivers license?

Speaking of the poor....noticed my sisters buddy Joe 4 Oil no longer provides oil for the poor....only solar panels or maybe natural gas. Joe still collecting a million in earnings every year tho

A 2012 Pew study that found that 24 million voter registrations in the United States, about one out of every eight, are “no longer valid or are significantly inaccurate” – a number greater than the current population of Florida or New York state. No reason to worry about that though, provided we NEVER ask for voter ID! :lol:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:27 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm

A 2012 Pew study that found that 24 million voter registrations in the United States, about one out of every eight, are “no longer valid or are significantly inaccurate” – a number greater than the current population of Florida or New York state. No reason to worry about that though, provided we NEVER ask for voter ID! :lol:
So you draw line from that fact to voter fraud? And how does that impact the climate? ;)
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:32 pm

You need identification to register. Please show me articles that indicate voter fraud is an issue in this Country. I read the articles in North Carolina. Still waiting on the Baltimore articles about the crackheads voting 5 times. When you post it, I will post the articles with the Oxy, Meth and fentanyl heads voting multiple times in Trumpland.
you don't need an ID to register in Texas.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks. How is the voter fraud there?
“I wish you would!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:36 pm

my guess is that it is completely off the charts....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:36 pm

my guess is that it is completely off the charts....
Let me see what I can confirm.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This is so petty of me but I can't help myself when it comes to this one topic.

Hello ski season!

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2 ... 095107002/

Return to “POLITICS”