Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Constitutional method to vacate an election

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:32 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 am
foreverlax wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:21 am
LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 am MD,
Yes I have read the threads and yes it is people's opinion. Opinion, Opinion, Opinion.......I deal in facts not Opinions. I was on the ground crew of Challenger - the opinion was we could fly....... tell me and explain to me how that worked out. I was in the Blue Cube in Sunnyvale, CA. I met the teachernaut - that is reality buddy - not a flippin opinion. I have them and they are to use the phrase, " they are like a$$holes, everyone has them and they all stink". Let's talk facts - you are holding an empty hand and I worry about the next Commander in Chief - it is easy to Monday morning QB.
Great to hear!! We love facts!! :lol:
As long as we don’t willfully avoid them.
Certainly that goes for the facts that both Horowitz and Durham present. Or have you already discredited those gentlemen?
Have they presented facts that are being ignored?
"present"...future tense
So, what's holding them back if they actually have damning "facts"???

Or is this just more hypothetical?
LandM

Post by LandM »

Give us a fact that the guy has been convicted of? Just one - no opinions - just one - tick dock, tick, dock - what has he been convicted of - just one

The Shuttle actually blew up now that is is a fact. Man can we all agree on that and payload was a TDRS bird - can we all agree on that - tick dock, tick doc

Swinging and missing - count is 0 and 2

You guys have more hot air then what blew the shuttle - just one?

Swinging and missing- count is 0 and 3

MD, I and others worry about the next person who takes office - think outside the box - I have 2 grandkids I worry about :o

Strike out
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:48 am Give us a fact that the guy has been convicted of? Just one - no opinions - just one - tick dock, tick, dock - what has he been convicted of - just one

The Shuttle actually blew up now that is is a fact. Man can we all agree on that and payload was a TDRS bird - can we all agree on that - tick dock, tick doc

MD, I and others worry about the next person who takes office - think outside the box - I have 2 grandkids I worry about :o

Strike out
Why do you keep saying this same thing, when folks have repeatedly and effectively provided you with the tools and resources to answer it yourself? In fact, today, several posters have described the intractable problem with your question, to say nothing of your crabbed views of the world and the law. You’ve made your point. It doesn’t make much sense.
ggait

Post by ggait »

LandM.

Per OLC opinion, it is literally impossible for a sitting president to be convicted of a federal crime.

So trump has committed crimes. At a minimum, campaign finance felony per SDNY. But cannot currently be prosecuted for them.
Last edited by ggait on Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:25 am afan,
In writing - tell me what he did wrong - you can tell me he is an arse, you can tell me he is uncoventional, you can tell me he stole money, you can tell me he is a thief and a turd$head of a business man who screws everyone (ever done business with car people?)- I used to to deal with business people (man and women) who did the the same - he was duly elected - there has been nothing but one investigation after another, he has not been found of a crime after 3 year years and you ALL keep whining
Problem here is, you haven't been paying attention. The DoJ gave an opinion, echoed by Muller, that a sitting President cannot be indicted.

Did you get that? I'll write it again: a sitting President cannot be indicted for a crime.

He said it's up to Congress. And guess what? That's exactly what's happening. And yet you're still complaining.

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:25 am If a D wins, what happens to that person?
What do you think will happen? Same thing that happened to Obama. McConnell won't let a single important bill reach the floor. Oh, and "out of control spending" will mean no more bills. And then a Republican will take power again----and FoxNation will then talk about how that mean D President "hollowed out our military", without admitting that they are the crew who told him not to spend money.

As for the D President, if they're even marginally corrupt, they'll do every single thing that you have waved through with Trump. Emoluments, conflict of interest, using the AG and the DoJ to go after political enemies. And on and on.

And our country will slide further into oblivion.

And you'll be on here telling everyone not to complain, because there's an election in 3 years, so what are you complaining about?

And then the cycle will start all over again. Rinse, repeat.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Give me a fact and NOT an Opinion. What has been convicted of?
You cannot and you won't - cause you have no bullets.
OSU just got stuffed - facts baby
LandM

Post by LandM »

BTW afan,
Not complaining just looking for some facts - so far there are none - give some facts.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:16 pm BTW afan,
Not complaining just looking for some facts - so far there are none - give some facts.
Looking for medication at this point. Do some reading.
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:16 pm BTW afan,
I did give you a fact: a sitting President cannot be indicted for a crime.

Mueller, in his report, told America that he can't recommend indictment, because that's not allowed. Trump obstructed justice, but can't be indicted for that.

But for other facts (others already did this for you, btw):

1. He asked a foreign leader to "investigate" a political rival in violation of Federal Election laws. Not to mention, that's Nixon cr*p. Scary.
2. He has violated the Emoluments clause so many times, i've lost count.

Good enough?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:48 am Give us a fact that the guy has been convicted of? Just one - no opinions - just one - tick dock, tick, dock - what has he been convicted of - just one

Strike out
I have 9 grandchildren,I worry about the witnessing what is IMO, the gradual destruction of America.
LandM

Post by LandM »

afan,
So here we go again. Cannot wait to meet in Denver - what has he been convicted of by his peers - the Dems seem to be trying hard - nope:
Mueller took a jerk hall pass - why - he is a bureaucrat and stop with the decorated Marine BS - I know a few people one who was my dad that wears allot more hardware and did allot more then he did - he passed as he did not not have the brass;
GGait - if many of us can get over the whole Hillary stuff and the emails - then it seems to me it is about time a few of you guys get over your pump tent over a clown show
At the rate you are going you are going to get a round 2.
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:48 pm afan,
So here we go again. Cannot wait to meet in Denver - what has he been convicted of by his peers
Ok dude. One last time, and then I give up. Others have told you the same multiple times now.

A sitting President cannot be convicted of a crime.

What you are asking for is literally impossible. Our Justice Department doesn't allow it. Impeachment is the only path.

For the love of everything holy, will you PLEASE just acknowledge this F-A-C-T, so we can all move on? ? ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Strike out
I dunno, did we land on the moon?
How many idiots believe that was a hoax?
Same crew that thinks Obama was born in Kenya and Trump has committed no crimes because he hasn't been convicted of any... ;)

Here's where we Do agree LandM.
How we handle this situation will matter a great deal to what happens downstream.

Do we think Presidents are above the law?
Or do we hold anyone who is corrupt and flouts the law to account, regardless of office held?

I'm apparently far more concerned with not holding folks to account, instead of respecting and upholding the Constitution, and that precedent leading to ever more egregious behavior, and full-on authoritarianism from the left or right, than you are.

Apparently you're instead concerned with Presidents needing to deal with Congress's disapproval and pesky subpoenas, inhibiting the President from doing whatever he wants...cause he's the President and they're just the Congress and the Judiciary...how dare they bother him.

So, we both think there are consequences about these choices that go far beyond the immediate moment.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:50 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:44 am How do you "prove it" without an indictment and trial? So you are a saying "prove it" and then you can indict him. Yes, that will work. :lol:
I was joking genius...
Good, you made me laugh. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

So here we go again. Cannot wait to meet in Denver - what has he been convicted of by his peers - the Dems seem to be trying hard - nope:
Mueller took a jerk hall pass - why - he is a bureaucrat and stop with the decorated Marine BS - I know a few people one who was my dad that wears allot more hardware and did allot more then he did - he passed as he did not not have the brass;
GGait - if many of us can get over the whole Hillary stuff and the emails - then it seems to me it is about time a few of you guys get over your pump tent over a clown show
Do you even read what is being said?

Thanks to your dad for his service....no need to diminish his service by a foolish comparison to another decorated service member

Have any Clintons been indicted? Wanna bet that a Trump gets indicted before either a Clinton or Obama?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Got to get a drink. Jesus.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:53 pm
So here we go again. Cannot wait to meet in Denver - what has he been convicted of by his peers
Ok dude. One last time, and then I give up. Others have told you the same multiple times now.

A sitting President cannot be convicted of a crime.

What you are asking for is literally impossible. Our Justice Department doesn't allow it. Impeachment is the only path.

For the love of everything holy, will you PLEASE just acknowledge this F-A-C-T, so we can all move on? ? ;)
Interestingly, because the Trump lawyers have been arguing a maximalist approach to explain total obstruction of all lawful subpoenas, a court just ruled that the OLC opinion was wrong, fundamentally wrong.

The OLC opinions have only had the force of DOJ policy, not the force of law.

Other courts appear to be poised to do the same in response to these maximalist positions. Why? Because on their face they're outrageous, with no basis in law, including the Constitution. Why have they taken this position? Because Trump says total obstruction is what he wants. But ironically that forces it to the courts.

And now the courts are weighing in the OLC opinions were wrong. The Trump team will delay through appeals as much as they can, but this will ultimately reach the Supreme Court absent Trump's prior departure from office. I'd like to think that like the Nixon case this will be a 9-0 vote, but these are interesting times. Right now I'd put my faith in Roberts.

Other thoughts:

Mueller respected the DOJ policy because he was within the DOJ, not an external Independent Prosecutor.
So, in his view he had no choice but to follow policy. He had no authority to do otherwise.

So, as long as Barr is AG expect the policy to be followed in central DOJ, regardless of whether it is legally based.

It will be interesting to watch the prosecutors in NY. Do they follow DOJ policy too?
LandM

Post by LandM »

seacoaster,
Now if I was a PC person and involved in AA - you and I would have a problem - you are on the wrong side of recent PC history - BTW I have had a few friends drink themselves to to death so I do NOT appreciate the comment -do you have something else - if you have never witnessed a friend go through it - your comment is childish at best and and jerk at worst;

Come on Murph, I say as they do in hockey, lets go for a go - I am assuming you know many of my friends - it would be fun.

MD, and forever, et al - you all have only made acquisitions not found the guy guilty - when you do that - you can stop the whining. And NO I do not need to read some liberal rag that I can wipe my arse with to tell me how stupid I am. I prefer the WSJ.

Keep trying boys - there has to be a Tim Hortons somewhere :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:39 pm seacoaster,
Now if I was a PC person and involved in AA - you and I would have a problem - you are on the wrong side of recent PC history - BTW I have had a few friends drink themselves to to death so I do NOT appreciate the comment -do you have something else - if you have never witnessed a friend go through it - your comment is childish at best and and jerk at worst;

Come on Murph, I say as they do in hockey, lets go for a go - I am assuming you know many of my friends - it would be fun.

MD, and forever, et al - you all have only made acquisitions not found the guy guilty - when you do that - you can stop the whining. And NO I do not need to read some liberal rag that I can wipe my arse with to tell me how stupid I am. I prefer the WSJ.

Keep trying boys - there has to be a Tim Hortons somewhere :lol:
I know three or four people that drank themselves to death.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

LandM -- if you are in fact an AFA grad, then you are smart enough to figure this out.

It is impossible for Trump or any other sitting president to be indicted and convicted of a federal crime while in office.

So saying that Trump hasn't been convicted of a crime is the same as saying that Trump hasn't self-levitated while in office.

Federal prosecutors in SDNY have publicly filed papers in court showing that Trump aka Individual #1 committed campaign finance crimes. Exact same crimes that Michael Cohen was convicted of and is now serving time for.

If you can't acknowledge this, you are either stupid or a jerk.
Mueller took a jerk hall pass - why - he is a bureaucrat and stop with the decorated Marine BS
Mueller is also a UVA Law School grad and career prosecutor. As a DOJ employee, he was bound by the OLC opinion. He could not prosecute Trump. PERIOD. Since he could not prosecute him, he did not charge him. PERIOD. There is literally no doubt about this. Since Mueller says this exact thing in his report. Can you forking read?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”