2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2020 Elections - A Hope and Change Election

Post by ggait »

Impeachment poll from battleground states (AZ, FL, MI, NC, PA, WI).

49% favor impeachment inquiry; 45% oppose. 86% of Dems favor; 12% GOP favor; 51% of Indies favor.

Everyone is basically locked down with their tribe. Almost all Indies vote like partisans, so 51% Indie support is basically the same as saying Dem leaners favor, GOP leaners oppose.

Bottom line -- Trump looking good to stay in office. Not so good to get re-elected. -5% in the swing states. Sure there's no Dem nominee yet, but there's not really many persuadable swing voters either. But still a horse race.

But as an incumbent with a good economy, any normal candidate should be way up. Trump really sucks as a general election candidate. And he's the GOAT as a GOP primary candidate.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm Much of the type of corruption is the way the business of is done. Examples are in the article.
I was just wondering if there were things nobody knew about until Trump exposed it? Is it the potential for corruption versus actual corruption that Trump is exposing by taking advantage of it?
my take is that everybody knows about the potential. But "polite society" didn't talk about it, because the powers that be don't want us to. Not sure Trump can or should take any credit for it. I think it has a lot more to do with the internet.

It seems that some big topics that never used to come up and now won't seem to go away are things like: Epstein, Hunter Biden, Bill Cosby. Although under Reagan we had Iran Contra, before that we had Watergate. The trend line has been there, I just think more things are being exposed, including a lot of how the sausage is/was made. The self-serving nature of it doesn't sit well with average Joe's. Trump's over-reach and clumsiness makes it that much more obvious, and for some reason his supporters are ok with it.....
I know what you mean but IMHO it has less to do with Trump and more to do with more media outlets and those outlets need content......"politics as media content/entertainment"..... its big $$$ today.... Politics as entertainment is more important at FoxNews than News. If Iran / Contra came along today, it would have received far more coverage than it did 30+ years ago.
Indeed, but certainly don't just call out Fox.I posted way back, either on here or in LaxPower, that the news media absolutely loves Trump...they will never tell you that. He is a cash cow for them. I spend quite a bit of time at 400 and 444 North Capital Street, have even been in the the new NBC studio for Chris Matthews...not ready yet. They spent over a million dollars just to remove a concrete column on the first floor so the backdrop towards the capital will be unobstructed. Have a great friend who is high up in CSPAN , has echoed the same thing on multiple occasions....and its not stopping.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:16 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm Much of the type of corruption is the way the business of is done. Examples are in the article.
I was just wondering if there were things nobody knew about until Trump exposed it? Is it the potential for corruption versus actual corruption that Trump is exposing by taking advantage of it?
my take is that everybody knows about the potential. But "polite society" didn't talk about it, because the powers that be don't want us to. Not sure Trump can or should take any credit for it. I think it has a lot more to do with the internet.

It seems that some big topics that never used to come up and now won't seem to go away are things like: Epstein, Hunter Biden, Bill Cosby. Although under Reagan we had Iran Contra, before that we had Watergate. The trend line has been there, I just think more things are being exposed, including a lot of how the sausage is/was made. The self-serving nature of it doesn't sit well with average Joe's. Trump's over-reach and clumsiness makes it that much more obvious, and for some reason his supporters are ok with it.....
I know what you mean but IMHO it has less to do with Trump and more to do with more media outlets and those outlets need content......"politics as media content/entertainment"..... its big $$$ today.... Politics as entertainment is more important at FoxNews than News. If Iran / Contra came along today, it would have received far more coverage than it did 30+ years ago.
Indeed, but certainly don't just call out Fox.I posted way back, either on here or in LaxPower, that the news media absolutely loves Trump...they will never tell you that. He is a cash cow for them. I spend quite a bit of time at 400 and 444 North Capital Street, have even been in the the new NBC studio for Chris Matthews...not ready yet. They spent over a million dollars just to remove a concrete column on the first floor so the backdrop towards the capital will be unobstructed. Have a great friend who is high up in CSPAN , has echoed the same thing on multiple occasions....and its not stopping.
I mentioned Fox because at that Network, the news people are complaining. Let me know if the straight news people are complaining at the other networks. The million $ is peanuts.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Clinton 2016 Faux News

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:24 pm

I mentioned Fox because at that Network, the news people are complaining. Let me know if the straight news people are complaining at the other networks. The million $ is peanuts.
I am confused, are you suggesting Maddow, Blitzer, Matthews, Lemon et al. do not complain. I seldom if ever hear Brett Baier complain, Martha just asks a lot of questions and listens to guests complain, Tucker and Sean just like to pick fights.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:24 pm

I am confused, are you suggesting Maddow, Blitzer, Matthews, Lemon et al. do not complain. I seldom if ever hear Brett Baier complain, Martha just asks a lot of questions and listens to guests complain, Tucker and Sean just like to pick fights.
Re-read my post. You misunderstand what I alluded to. I really don’t watch much political talking head shows. Shep and other news people leaving Fox News has been widely covered.
“I wish you would!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:32 am Trump is no more corrupt than the rest DC, so every corrupt thing Trump does is ok by me", then the education system in America is crippled beyond repair, and has been for decades.

We can't possibly be this stupid, can we?
That is one way to interpret it - and my answer when feeling particularly cynical is ... quite possibly, yes we are.

But the optimistic answer is that people have faith in our country's ability to heal. Maybe Trump is leaches, or perhaps a better analogy is a vaccination - a "controlled" dose of the disease to defeat the actual disease itself?

Either way - it seems to me that there is a huge swath of US voter that wants to reboot the system - Trump isn't REALLY doing it, but he is exposing a lot of corruption along the way. .....

Hey! maybe the right analogy is those radioactive markers doctors inject into people to find where disease is localized? Everyone knows that radioactivity is bad for you, but in controlled doses it helps you find the bigger problem.

Trump is certainly stumbling around making sure everyone sees how corrupt the system has become!
time is short these days... attention a precious resource. if people took the time to sift through the nuance and really understand the platforms, the issues, and the positions, they'd hopefully move away from a binary system of Ds vs Rs, my guy vs your guy. and so we'd be best (i think), to avoid labels, generalizations, etc. But those very things make it very easy to support/villify a public official. it's about laziness, really!
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Looks like Biden owes Orange Duce a thank you. 3 out of the last 4 national polls has Biden back up into the lead among democrats, leading Warren by +15 or more points. The Hunter Biden gambit looks like a failure as of this writing.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Free Hunter Biden.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just a little humor :lol: :lol:

~Livy

tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:29 pm Looks like Biden owes Orange Duce a thank you. 3 out of the last 4 national polls has Biden back up into the lead among democrats, leading Warren by +15 or more points. The Hunter Biden gambit looks like a failure as of this writing.
Has more to do with Warren's poor debate perf than anything else. Nice try though...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:12 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:29 pm Looks like Biden owes Orange Duce a thank you. 3 out of the last 4 national polls has Biden back up into the lead among democrats, leading Warren by +15 or more points. The Hunter Biden gambit looks like a failure as of this writing.
Has more to do with Warren's poor debate perf than anything else. Nice try though...
Pretty subjective stuff, but here, Mr. Moderate is certain. Nice try. Let Randy do the ‘splainin’
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:10 pm Just a little humor :lol: :lol:

Well I suppose it didn't even take a week for something to start:
~Livy

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Further to our discussion a few days ago about Harris's prosecutor past:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... rnia-crime
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:10 pm Just a little humor :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one. Liz needs to avoid any invitations for midnight meetings in Ft Marcy Park. That place has a reputation for making people suddenly come down with a sudden urge to blow their brains out.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Joe Biden flips on his self imposed ban on accepting super pac campaign funding. Further proof that his rap is as stale as week old Wonderbread. Joe, have a Kit-Kat and take a break, forever.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:21 pm Joe Biden flips on his self imposed ban on accepting super pac campaign funding. Further proof that his rap is as stale as week old Wonderbread. Joe, have a Kit-Kat and take a break, forever.
Yup, rich donors are nervous about his performance. He would have done better going the Bernie funding route.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:21 pm Joe Biden flips on his self imposed ban on accepting super pac campaign funding. Further proof that his rap is as stale as week old Wonderbread. Joe, have a Kit-Kat and take a break, forever.
He's pulling ahead of the other Dems in polls.

Oh well. Can't say that the nation didn't try and tell the Dems about this stupidity last election.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:46 pm
He's pulling ahead of the other Dems in polls.

Oh well. Can't say that the nation didn't try and tell the Dems about this stupidity last election.
I still think Uncle Joe has the best chance of any of the (D)'s to beat Trump,
...if he doesn't doze off or drool on himself.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'd laugh, but it's sad. ;)

I can't see him getting the voter turnout needed. The Dems are stuck. They can't get a reasonable voice, no one will show up.

They can't get someone perceived as too left, the mods will sit it out.

Biden is Hillary 2, Electric Boogaloo. Libs will sit that out, and rightly so.

And TrumpFans will vote Trump even if the sun explodes. I'm just not seeing it.

Return to “POLITICS”