The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:12 pm Cullman, Alabama. Fred Ziffel is from near to there.
:lol: a real blast from the past. Arnold as well.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

S Corp bank that started out by cashing check out
Of the back of a fish fry in the 70s, I s**t you not.

Asset/liability management? We don’t need any of that round here, we just let it ride....
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:48 pm S Corp bank that started out by cashing check out
Of the back of a fish fry in the 70s, I s**t you not.

Asset/liability management? We don’t need any of that round here, we just let it ride....

What could possibly go wrong? We had one of those around here years ago - Old Court Savings and Loan.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

In fairness the entire banking system is Mark to model, banks model the average life of their demand deposits, which are legally on demand liabilities, as having 5-15yr avg lives based on history which is scary to me but has worked for most of the history of banking and it’s the only supportable data they have, traditionally lagging treasury rates by 100bps. They are all fundamentally spread lenders (term structure of interests rates should be positively sloping due to future inflation expectations) that are highly levered with subsidized deposits. The FDIC is largely the reason bank credit is a commodity and limitsd risk based pricing exists, causing this issue.

These knuckleheads aren’t alone is all I’m saying. It’s a townsites system which is why I still would be fine with removal of deposit insurance.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Was listening to a podcast recently (economics) and it made a strong point abo the margins of businesses that match gig/consultant workers with employment and those margins actually growing. To me this is a bigger issue Han displaced low skill workers.

This piece is pretty interesting, only like 25-30pgs, if one is willing to tolerate the academic approach

https://www.irle.berkeley.edu/files/201 ... g-Work.pdf
CU88

Post by CU88 »

These pathetic Big Green Ego losers care more about Veterans than Trump!

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4668 ... unding-for
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

More nonsense by Trump...... His apologists can argue the numbers in the article..... have at it...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... spartanntp
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Speaking as a manufacturer, it arrived a year ago.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:00 pm These pathetic Big Green Ego losers care more about Veterans than Trump!

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4668 ... unding-for
Query: Did you mean the Big Green losers care more for helping Vets than Trump does? Désolé...I'm an old geezer.

IMHO,the only beneficial decision Trump has made was his absurd tax decision.HUH? :shock: Enabled us speed up our veterns building fund.And I hope that decision put some well-needed dollars in people's pockets.

For 37+ years I've observed him through the lens of empiricism. In that time my hatred for this odious, corrupt. cruel ignoramus has grown with each tweet he sends out.

VOTE FOLKS, VOTE!
Vote Don't Bitch.jpg
Vote Don't Bitch.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
foreverlax

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition - Sell the USMCA!!

Post by foreverlax »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 am
FOX BUSINESS: USMCA to Add $68.2B to US Economy, Spur 176K Jobs Says Key Independent Review Panel

“A new trade agreement between the U.S., Mexico and Canada would add $68.2 billion to the U.S. economy and create 176,000 new jobs, according to a study from the International Trade Commission released on Thursday. … ‘The model estimates that the agreement would likely have a positive impact on all broad industry sectors within the U.S. economy,’ the [ITC] report says. ‘Manufacturing would experience the largest percentage gains in output, exports, wages, and employment, while in absolute terms, services would experience the largest gains in output and employment.’”
Greatest trade deal in the history of our nation, which gets rid of the worst trade deal ever struck....what a joke.

U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement: Likely Impact on the U.S. Economy and on Specific Industry Sectors
Why isn't Trump using specifics to get this deal done?
And, you know, it’s very interesting: If you look at what’s happened and what’s been doing, and all the things we’ve done, and we have to get USMCA done, and they don’t want to put it up for a vote. And the Do-Nothing Democrats, they will pass it, but it has to be put up Nancy Pelosi. So let’s see what happens. But I think they’re going to put it up, because everybody —
THE PRESIDENT: No, everybody wants it, and I think ultimately they’re going to do the right thing. But it’s all ready to go. It’s approved by Mexico. It’s approved by Canada. It’s approved by everybody that has to be approved. We have to give it a vote. It’s been sitting for a long time. A lot of money wasted, a lot of jobs wasted. It’s going to have a tremendous impact.
Pence get it...
But I’m here today because we’ve still got work to do, and we’ve got an incredible opportunity before us. Because sitting on the desk of the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives is the largest trade deal in American history. And I came to Wisconsin to say it’s time for Congress to enact the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement and pass it this year.
Has the White House sent any actual implementing legislation to Congress to turn the deal from an agreement into law?
The USMCA is, I can tell you, a state-of-the art trade agreement that will increase jobs and opportunities across Wisconsin and across America in everything from manufacturing to farming. It will protect intellectual property. It will promote innovation in business. It truly is an extraordinary agreement.
Tell us more!!
I mean, did you know that according to the International Trade Commission, the USMCA is going to add like $68 billion to our economy right out of the box? And, we project, conservatively, that it will create more than 175,000 new jobs.
Here we go!!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Anything under a trillion doesn't matter!!

Federal deficit baloons to $984 billion for fiscal 2019, highest in 7 years

The U.S. Treasury on Friday said that the federal deficit for fiscal 2019 was $984 billion, a 26% increase from 2018 but still short of the $1 trillion mark previously forecast by the administration. The gap between revenues and spending was the widest it’s been in seven years as expenditures on defense, Medicare and interest payments on the national debt ballooned the shortfall.

Annual deficits have nearly doubled under President Donald Trump’s tenure notwithstanding an unemployment rate at multidecade lows and better earnings figures. Deficits usually shrink during times of economic growth as higher incomes and Wall Street profits buoy Treasury coffers, while automatic spending on items like food stamps decline.

Two big bipartisan spending bills, combined with the administration’s landmark tax cuts, however, have defied the typical trends and instead aggravated deficits. The Congressional Budget Office projects the trillion-dollar deficit could come as soon as fiscal 2020.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm Anything under a trillion doesn't matter!!

The U.S. Treasury on Friday said that the federal deficit for fiscal 2019 was $984 billion, a 26% increase from 2018 but still short of the $1 trillion mark previously forecast by the administration. The gap between revenues and spending was the widest it’s been in seven years as expenditures on defense, Medicare and interest payments on the national debt ballooned the shortfall.

Annual deficits have nearly doubled under President Donald Trump’s tenure notwithstanding an unemployment rate at multidecade lows and better earnings figures. Deficits usually shrink during times of economic growth as higher incomes and Wall Street profits buoy Treasury coffers, while automatic spending on items like food stamps decline.

Two big bipartisan spending bills, combined with the administration’s landmark tax cuts, however, have defied the typical trends and instead aggravated deficits. The Congressional Budget Office projects the trillion-dollar deficit could come as soon as fiscal 2020.
Largest percentage of GDP since 2008, when the country was in a recession...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm Anything under a trillion doesn't matter!!

Trump has added more in 3 years then O-blame-a did in his final 4.

No 3% GDP either.

Peter B - tell me again how this is the best economy in the history of our country....I already know the unemployment rate nationally and by key demographics has never been lower. Stock market matters for those who own stocks, which is less then half the population.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm

No 3% GDP either.

Peter B - tell me again how this is the best economy in the history of our country....I already know the unemployment rate nationally and by key demographics has never been lower. Stock market matters for those who own stocks, which is less then half the population.
It’s been great for aerospace! I have seen it first hand. Boeing can’t get out of its own way and companies down channel still booming!
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:45 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm

No 3% GDP either.

It’s been great for aerospace! I have seen it first hand. Boeing can’t get out of its own way and companies down channel still booming!
YTD performance of the 30 Industrials

Apple and Microsoft have driven a ton of the performance, while healthcare has taken a beating. The CAT earnings miss is something to keep an eye on. Financials, of course, are doing well. :?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MAGA!

Best Economy Ever?

Federal deficit increases 26% to $984 billion for fiscal 2019, highest in 7 years!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/25/federal ... -2019.html

Deplorables are also bad at math...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I have been wondering when this would happen. Not a good sign for what is going on with the middle and working classes if Harvard is right.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

GM strike finally ends after 6 weeks.

Return to “POLITICS”