Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Gather evidence steadily, go to trial in the Senate.

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm What Schiff is doing is unprecedented & is an abuse of the HPSCI's mission of oversight of the IC.

Andy McCarthy explains why it's nothing like a Grand Jury inquiry.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/andrew- ... he-secrecy
I assume you understand Trump has no due process rights under the Constitution in the impeachment proceedings. It is not a criminal case so none of the due process rights applicable to criminal proceedings apply. Nor is it a civil case. It is a political process. The Supreme Court ruled in 1993 that the court could not review impeachment proceedings.

So all this blather about “unprecedented” or “abuse” or whatever is tilting at windmills since it goes nowhere. What due process is Trump entitled to? That which Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler say he is in the House, and that which McConnell affords him in the Senate. That’s it. Don’t like it? Win control of the House. Elections have consequences.

And if the Trumpists want to try to win the battle over public opinion, they might start by producing relevant documents and permitting witnesses with relevant knowledge to testify. Kinda difficult to cry foul when you have essentially already fouled out of the game.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Just wait until McCarthy and Jordan/Hastert attack the West Point Grad,combat vet (The 101st Vietnam),30+ year diplomat,hawk on Russia, political party agnostic and a guy who came out of retirement to take over,(for the second time) as the U.S.Ambasador to Ukraine who spent time today,answering questions.

He's obviously a traitorous low-life.

Go get him boys!🤨
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

As someone suggested, I watched Hannity tonight and finally got the straight news. Turns out, as Hannity showed in numerous clips, Don frequently uses the “Do me a favor” term. As in “Do me a favor and I’ll kindly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.” Or “Do me a favor, there’s a dead stripper in my trunk.” He says it all the time.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hannity was en fuego tonight.

Not one mention of Amb Taylor. But a picture of Hillary with the caption “Real Collusion. “

Coup! No constitutionality!

You def need to check it out.

PS. Lead story on FNC website is still DOJ coming for Brennan.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:58 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm What Schiff is doing is unprecedented & is an abuse of the HPSCI's mission of oversight of the IC.
You have used the word unprecedented twice now.

This is factually wrong. No grey area.

If you, McCarthy, and FoxNation honestly want to actually follow precedent? You're complaining to the wrong guy.

Pelosi isn't the phone call. You need to call AG Barr....he needs to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Trump. That's what AG Elliot Richardson did under Nixon.

Is that what you're calling for? You're mad at Barr for not calling an SP?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/c ... er-realize
The HPSCI has never been used for this sort of thing.
Impeachment hearings have been done by the Judiciary Committee.
… and so will this one when there is actually The Impeachment Hearing, according Nancy Pelosi.
Yet she's calling it an Impeachment Inquiry.
Whatever it is -- it's sure not oversight of the IC.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 pm

I assume you understand Trump has no due process rights under the Constitution in the impeachment proceedings. It is not a criminal case so none of the due process rights applicable to criminal proceedings apply. Nor is it a civil case. It is a political process. The Supreme Court ruled in 1993 that the court could not review impeachment proceedings.

So all this blather about “unprecedented” or “abuse” or whatever is tilting at windmills since it goes nowhere. What due process is Trump entitled to? That which Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler say he is in the House, and that which McConnell affords him in the Senate. That’s it. Don’t like it? Win control of the House. Elections have consequences.

And if the Trumpists want to try to win the battle over public opinion, they might start by producing relevant documents and permitting witnesses with relevant knowledge to testify. Kinda difficult to cry foul when you have essentially already fouled out of the game.
Yes -- it's patently obvious there's no due process in this Schiff Show & it's a shabby attempt at presenting the facade of a judicial proceeding.

Let Schiff & Pelosi take it to a Judge to enforce their subpoenas & determine what needs to be turned over, since it's not a judicial proceeding.

You think this secret star chamber, with no due process or rights for the accused is a PR winner ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:43 am

Yes -- it's patently obvious there's no due process in this Schiff Show & it's a shabby attempt at presenting the facade of a judicial proceeding.

Let Schiff & Pelosi take it to a Judge to enforce their subpoenas & determine what needs to be turned over, since it's not a judicial proceeding.

You think this secret star chamber, with no due process or rights for the accused is a PR winner ?
What is your opinion of what you have read about Walker’s testimony?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Walker ?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:49 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm
...& Trump asked Z-sky to look into a lot more than just Biden (or the Crowd Strike server).
Read the transcript -- Biden was just an obtw.
Maybe afan will listen to you. Even in the 15 page testimony today they reference pre-election.
I did read it. Did you?

If this is some benign request, why did he name Biden? Biden was already covered by his general request to look into corruption, no?
So within the context of the entire conversation, toward the end he brought up Biden. You want to impeach a sitting POTUS over this? If so, IMO you're interpretation of the discussion is incredibly biased.
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

I assume you understand Trump has no due process rights under the Constitution in the impeachment proceedings. It is not a criminal case so none of the due process rights applicable to criminal proceedings apply. Nor is it a civil case. It is a political process.
And this is exactly why, in the court of public opinion, it's nothing but politics as usual...unless you're a Trump-hating, resistance warrior of course ;)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Or an Airborne vet with a long career of public service who was selected by Pompeo.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 pm Just wait until McCarthy and Jordan/Hastert attack the West Point Grad,combat vet (The 101st Vietnam),30+ year diplomat,hawk on Russia, political party agnostic and a guy who came out of retirement to take over,(for the second time) as the U.S.Ambasador to Ukraine who spent time today,answering questions.

Go get him boys!🤨
I certainly hope not. I think they will avoid it and simply summarize it as "there is no quo", so therefore it is just a understanding of his time as Ambassador.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Read his statement. He leaves nobody alive.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 am

I assume you understand Trump has no due process rights under the Constitution in the impeachment proceedings. It is not a criminal case so none of the due process rights applicable to criminal proceedings apply. Nor is it a civil case. It is a political process.
And this is exactly why, in the court of public opinion, it's nothing but politics as usual...unless you're a Trump-hating, resistance warrior of course ;)
Jim Jordan sums it here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B38g3yxn_qV ... ZWXpcCfk0/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Jordan wouldn’t know a crime if it happened in the shower in front of him. Seriously, is there anyone in Congress more famous for looking the other way.
I watched some Fox last night— they were still whining about Deep Whistle process.
Bring on John Bolton.
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So I have a question. We impeached Clinton for allowing himself to be fellated by a young woman. Trump is being fellated by 40% of the population, mostly male, in plain sight. Should this not be an article of impeachment all by itself? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:43 amWalker ?
My fault. Taylor....I always have to catch myself as I know a Bill Walker. What is your opinion of Bill Taylor’s testimony?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am Jordan wouldn’t know a crime if it happened in the shower in front of him. Seriously, is there anyone in Congress more famous for looking the other way.
I watched some Fox last night— they were still whining about Deep Whistle process.
Bring on John Bolton.
I thought it was clear by now....there needs to be no crime, just hate.
The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment. Article I, Section 2, Clause 5

The House is given the power and authority to proceed however it feels is best suited for the task. Which is what they are doing. Although never litigated, the unanimous view is that the House's sole power of impeachment is a political question and, therefore, not subject to judicial review.

The Senate then has the "sole power" to try impeachments. SCOTUS has ruled on this one -- the Senate's "sole power" to try impeachments is not justiciable. Nixon v. United States (1993).
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 am

Jim Jordan sums it here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B38g3yxn_qV ... ZWXpcCfk0/
For someone complaining about secrecy, isn't it a little hypocritical for that someone to have a private Instagram account complaining about secrecy.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:12 am
wahoomurf wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 pm Just wait until McCarthy and Jordan/Hastert attack the West Point Grad,combat vet (The 101st Vietnam),30+ year diplomat,hawk on Russia, political party agnostic and a guy who came out of retirement to take over,(for the second time) as the U.S.Ambasador to Ukraine who spent time today,answering questions.

Go get him boys!🤨
I certainly hope not. I think they will avoid it and simply summarize it as "there is no quo", so therefore it is just a understanding of his time as Ambassador.
The President used his office and his authority under the Constitution to attempt to buy "deliverable" dirt on a political opponent by threatening to withhold properly appropriated tax dollars, and that's OK with you. He did it with a vulnerable ally. He did it to a country at war with the Russians. And you don't care. 'Nuff said. I am genuinely astonished that anyone can feel this way.

Republicans are in the room, and are altogether able to ask questions, hire their own counsel, etc. The process arguments on which GOP and toadies here fall back are patently ridiculous. GGait and NJBill have repeatedly dismantled those "arguments."

Return to “POLITICS”