Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Gather evidence steadily, go to trial in the Senate.

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:59 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:50 pm PPS: Lead headline right now on Fox News homepage: "Expanding DOJ probe could give Trump ammo; Brennan, Clapper reason to fret" :roll:
Old Salt used almost those exact same words today....
The (D)'s making this all about Ukraine are giving Trump the perfect, easy to understand public defense --

Trump says -- We know there was meddling in the 2016 election. I'm trying to find out what part of that came out of Ukraine. The more that I (& my investigators) try to find out, the harder the (D)'s & their Deep State allies try to obstruct my investigation. They're so desperate to cover up what they did in Ukraine, they're resorting to impeachment to shut down any inquiry before their dirt comes out.

There's enough rot in Ukraine to taint anyone who did anything there.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm You boyz are getting out over your skis again...I can just feel it 8-)

Enjoy your circle jerk while you can but I doubt it amounts to much.

Way too much room for subjectivity in any of this to matter.
Not one single poster has made one single claim about impeachment actually happening. We get the score here. We're playing using TrumpLand rules, where anything short of murdering someone in broad daylight in front of thousands of people "didn't happen".

We're just laughing at you, and people who keep claiming what Trump told you he did----didn't happen.

Trump himself, his personal lawyer, and now the Ambassador to the Ukraine have all confirmed that Trump asked a foreign leader to investigate a political rival.

And you're here telling us that this is a subjective call? Several times now, in fact.

And you want to pretend like there's some grey area here?

Ok. You win.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:46 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm You boyz are getting out over your skis again...I can just feel it 8-)

Enjoy your circle jerk while you can but I doubt it amounts to much.

Way too much room for subjectivity in any of this to matter.
Not one single poster has made one single claim about impeachment actually happening. Sometimes, you're just delusional a fan. :D
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:45 pm The (D)'s making this all about Ukraine are giving Trump the perfect, easy to understand public defense --
After all this time, you still don't understand TrumpLand.

Trump doesn't need a defense. In fact, he copped to doing exactly, precisely what Dems are claiming..... on live TV.

He just needs to be Trump. That's it. He has Americans so freaking pegged, it's funny.

Trying to apply "logic" to "why he asked them to go after Biden" is wholly unnecessary. TrumpFans don't care about any of that. Just ask them. They're happy to tell you why anything he does or doesn't do is ok.

Just remember how funny all this is when the next demagogue takes office, and enacts policies you don't like. And then you'll remember how an entire nation green lit this behavior. Picture Hillary using the full force of government to pressure world leaders to go after her enemies....and she comes back with "oh, I'm just investigating corruption".

Oh yeah, that'll be awesome.

And I know you've gone on record as saying this stuff isn't okay, old salt. Every weaselly politician wannabe is paying attention to alllllll the stuff we're waving through with Trump. This will not end well for the non-1%ers.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Trump wanted Zelensky in a public box.” Bill Taylor.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:54 pm Sometimes you're just delusional a fan.
Not on this count, sorry.

Everyone here knows the whole thing comes down to McConnell making a political calculation. Period.

Truth, laws, reality....none of these things has a thing to do with whether or not Trump will or won't be impeached.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Tony Soprano had better ethics.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm
Truth, laws, reality....none of these things has a thing to do with whether or not Trump will or won't be impeached.
And that's why it's such a wonderful process, especially when carried out behind closed doors :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 pm It is a remarkably clear and devastating statement of a President and his flunkies using American aid, appropriated by the Congress, to euchre domestic political favors from a vulnerable young democracy at war with Russia and dying in the thousands.

Sorry for the TDS.
Yep and it ain't the first. It won't matter a lick to those to any DTS (deranged/deplorable Trump supporter) ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 pm It is a remarkably clear and devastating statement of a President and his flunkies using American aid, appropriated by the Congress, to euchre domestic political favors from a vulnerable young democracy at war with Russia and dying in the thousands.

Sorry for the TDS.
Yep and it ain't the first. It won't matter a lick to those to any DTS (deranged/deplorable Trump supporter) ;)
And all this time I've simply been rooting for our country. Silly me...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:59 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm
And that's why it's such a wonderful process, especially when carried out behind closed doors :roll:
Why is this so confusing...ggait has explain well enough for me to get?

This is the investigation, which Rs and Ds are doing together, like any other. When and if they hold a vote for impeachment, everything the Rs want will be available. Guaranteed. The Rs won't let a vote happen until all evidence and testimony is public.

The Senate is where the trial is with Roberts as HMFIC.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:02 pm

Sorry for the TDS.
Same here. I want the military home too. :lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Sorry for the TDS.
Baloney. Wrap yourself in a flag, sure.

If you were rooting for the country, you’d be aghast at what Taylor — and everyone else — is saying. Instead, you roll out your faux moderate sham-clothes and suggest there is too much “subjectivity” in these various narratives to indict the president. Don’t pretend to loving the country more than others, you poseur.
ggait

Post by ggait »

And that's why it's such a wonderful process, especially when carried out behind closed doors
Eye roll.

Investigations are always done in secrecy -- ever heard of a grand jury? Generally a bad idea to tell potential witnesses what other witnesses testified to. Because that makes it super easy for witnesses to line up their stories/perjury. Ken Starr investigated in secrecy. So did Cox/Jaworski. So did Mueller.

Banana Republicans are in the room for these depositions and are free to ask questions. You'd think if there was good info coming from their questions, they'd be leaking it and we'd be hearing about it. Instead, crickets.

Plenty of time for transparency once the investigation is done. Articles of impeachment (i.e. the indictment) will be public. House vote on articles will be public. Senate trial will be public. And since CJ Roberts (not Mitch) will be in charge of the Senate trial, expectations are that the trial will be fair and transparent.

Trump's not going to be convicted in the Senate, but the facts are going to come out. Which is a good thing.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

And all this time I've simply been rooting for our country.
I think it would be great for the country if Pence replaced Trump.

Righties would still get their tax cuts and judges, all of us would be spared Trump's BS, and the rule of law wins. What's not to like?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Sorry for the TDS.
Baloney. Wrap yourself in a flag, sure.

If you were rooting for the country, you’d be aghast at what Taylor — and everyone else — is saying. Instead, you roll out your faux moderate sham-clothes and suggest there is too much “subjectivity” in these various narratives to indict the president. Don’t pretend to loving the country more than others, you poseur.
I'm aghast at people who will go to any length to overturn a duly elected president. That's really bad for our democracy/republic and the country of course. As for the subjectivity, don't blame me... that rests at the feet of the countless lawyers who for decades have bent the laws to their advantage. Think about it counselor.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:17 pm
And that's why it's such a wonderful process, especially when carried out behind closed doors
Eye roll.

Investigations are always done in secrecy -- ever heard of a grand jury?

Banana Republicans are in the room for these depositions and are free to ask questions. You'd think if there was good info coming from their questions, they'd be leaking it and we'd be hearing about it. Instead, crickets.

Plenty of time for transparency once the investigation is done.
.:lol:. ...based on leaked documents, supposedly never left unintended in a SCIF, which are partially obscured from the shadow of the cell phone used to make an illicit copy.

Where in the Constitution does it say that the House will act as a secret Grand Jury for Impeachment proceedings ?

This is a horrendous precedent.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Let OS do your spade work.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Why is everyone so opposed to an inquiry into Burisma & US influence peddling ?
The govt of Ukraine gladly gave the DNC & Ms Chalupa the goods on Manafort.
Why the selective curiosity about Ukrainian lobbying & influence peddling ?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Where in the Constitution does it say that the House will act as a secret Grand Jury for Impeachment proceedings ?
The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment. Article I, Section 2, Clause 5

The House is given the power and authority to proceed however it feels is best suited for the task. Which is what they are doing. Although never litigated, the unanimous view is that the House's sole power of impeachment is a political question and, therefore, not subject to judicial review.

The Senate then has the "sole power" to try impeachments. SCOTUS has ruled on this one -- the Senate's "sole power" to try impeachments is not justiciable. Nixon v. United States (1993).

Any other questions Salty? I'm here all night.
Last edited by ggait on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”