Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Gather evidence steadily, go to trial in the Senate.

Post by dislaxxic »

Content behind TPM paywall...

"Let’s Understand What the “Deliverable” Really Was"

"Remember, there’s really no there there in the whole Rudy/Biden thicket of conspiracy theories. Yes, Hunter Biden was a privileged son and he clearly got work to a significant extent because of his name. But there were no shakedowns or threats or firings or investigations or really anything. There’s no there there. So even an aggressive effort to manufacture damaging information could only be so successful. Really though that wasn’t necessary. Having the government, indeed the President of Ukraine himself, make a high profile declaration that the accusations were legitimate, that crimes were probable and that the government was launching an investigation would probably have been more than enough to fatally wound Biden’s candidacy. It certainly would have been more than enough to get pretty much the entire political press in the US to see it as a live and legitimate issue. Whether there was ever any proof of anything, whether there was even any kind of actual investigation barely matters. That was enough. Those Volker texts alone show that was the real issue. Taylor just provides more granular detail."

Just say it publicly...Don the Con's Fake News Brigade would take over from there...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Page 13, the paragraph beginning "Before these text messages...."
a fan

Post by a fan »

Any of the guys like YouthAthletics want to tell us that this is still no big deal?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm Any of the guys like YouthAthletics want to tell us that this is still no big deal?
So Bill Taylor and Gordon Sondland and the whistleblower said aid to Ukraine was conditioned on investigating the Bidens, but OTOH Mick Mulvaney and Rudy Giuliani and Donald Trump said aid to Ukraine was conditioned on investigating the Bidens. Hard to know what to think.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Having the government, indeed the President of Ukraine himself, make a high profile declaration that the accusations were legitimate, that crimes were probable and that the government was launching an investigation would probably have been more than enough to fatally wound Biden’s candidacy.
Sept 2016: "But her emails!!!" "Lock her up!!"

Sept 2019: State department says no big deal on Hill's emails.

Worked like a charm.

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/d ... Emails.pdf
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wahoomurf

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Public Opinion Starting to Turn.

Post by wahoomurf »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:45 pm John Roberts Won’t Let Mitch McConnell Derail a Trump Impeachment Trial

"On Wednesday, the Washington Post reported on a closed-door session among Senate Republicans discussing the way they should conduct a trial if President Donald Trump is impeached by the House. According to at least one senator, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell indicated that he is aiming for a rapid process that might start around Thanksgiving and end by Christmas. There are many reasons, though, to think that such a rush to judgment will fail.

The Constitution explicitly states that the chief justice, in this case, John Roberts, “shall preside” over presidential impeachment trials. The rules of the Senate, moreover, require McConnell to take this command seriously. In order to prevent the vice president, who formally presides over the Senate, from refusing to allow the chief justice to play his constitutional role, the Senate rules governing impeachment require the vice president to swear in the chief justice immediately after the House’s charges are announced on the floor. The rules then explicitly empower the chief justice to “direct all the forms of proceedings” during the trial. The Senate, in contrast, is granted the “power to enforce obedience” to all these rulings."
I'd love to watch Mumbles Mitch and that BARR guy, try to fook with Mr. Justice Roberts. ;) I imagine both those chuckle-jaws think they can fool Judge Johnnie. Perhaps these :idea: :idea: don't care that the trial, if there is one, :roll: Mr. Roberts will execute his role based on the OLD Constitution---Not the NEW TRUMP version. Too bad, so sad. :lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Too bad Jimmy Breslin is dead.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hard to know what to think.
Come on 88.

If you don't use the words quid pro quo, then its not a quid pro quo.

Even you should be able to understand that. #BeBetter
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Free Paul Manafort.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:37 pm Free Paul Manafort.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

It is a remarkably clear and devastating statement of a President and his flunkies using American aid, appropriated by the Congress, to euchre domestic political favors from a vulnerable young democracy at war with Russia and dying in the thousands.

Sorry for the TDS.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Wait til Trump Nation gets a hold of this.

The spin will be a delight.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Detail -- House subpoena-ed Taylor this morning because State Department tried to prevent his appearance and also to limit his testimony.

Since Taylor is still an active State employee, he was prevented from turning over any of his official State documents.

PS: Setting the DVR now to catch Hannity's opening monologue tonight.

PPS: Lead headline right now on Fox News homepage: "Expanding DOJ probe could give Trump ammo; Brennan, Clapper reason to fret" :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:34 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm Any of the guys like YouthAthletics want to tell us that this is still no big deal?
So Bill Taylor and Gordon Sondland and the whistleblower said aid to Ukraine was conditioned on investigating the Bidens, but OTOH Mick Mulvaney and Rudy Giuliani and Donald Trump said aid to Ukraine was conditioned on investigating the Bidens. Hard to know what to think.
Wait---whataboutHillary?
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:50 pm Detail -- House subpoena-ed Taylor this morning because State Department tried to prevent his appearance and also to limit his testimony.

Since Taylor is still an active State employee, he was prevented from turning over any of his official State documents.

PS: Setting the DVR now to catch Hannity's opening monologue tonight.

PPS: Lead headline right now on Fox News homepage: "Expanding DOJ probe could give Trump ammo; Brennan, Clapper reason to fret" :roll:
Old Salt used almost those exact same words today....
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

You boyz are getting out over your skis again...I can just feel it 8-)

Enjoy your circle jerk while you can but I doubt it amounts to much.

Way too much room for subjectivity in any of this to matter.
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm You boyz are getting out over your skis again...I can just feel it 8-)

Perfect. Stereotyping does come true!!

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 7710654465
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm Too bad Jimmy Breslin is dead.
You must be referring to The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Strait... great book... very funny stuff. :D
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:25 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm You boyz are getting out over your skis again...I can just feel it 8-)

Perfect. Stereotyping does come true!!

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 7710654465
Said like the true gentleman some think you are seacoaster :lol:

and...

"to euchre domestic political favors"

Seriously?
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Way too much room for subjectivity in any of this to matter.
What do you think of today’s testimony?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”