JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by jhu72 »

So we are now going to leave troops in Syria to guard the Kurds' oil. Kurds don't need protection but their oil does. Genius move I guess. Spliting forces and sending the rest to Iraq. Sounds like more tethered goats to me. I am sure all our Trumpsuckers are ok with US soldiers dying to protect some Syrian oil fields.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:23 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm These guys need to get their panties out of a bunch and get over it..... Trump won.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syri ... SKBN1X00ZO
Your newfound concern about the plight of the Kurds & your sudden interest in our mission in Syria is most impressive.
My concern is with the decision making of the POTUS. You think those guys just need to get over it? They are mad that Hillary lost too.
It's easier to make fun of those who see the failure of Trump's actions, then to actually condemn what he did - which is bail on the Kurds.

Of course Trump acts like he and his bone spurs were the real heroes.

"get over it" is now the new "whatever"....
It's easier to try to figure out what's going on in Syria & what yet might be salvaged,rather than using this disaster for political self-gratification.
But go ahead, pleasure yourself. Just wash your hands when you're done.

I hate what Trump's doing in Syria, but I don't have any suggestions as to how it could have been handled differently.
We can't stay forever & there's no clear exit path. We have limited options.
The players will be meeting in Sochi this week to chart the outcome.
We can then adapt & try to salvage what we can.
We're reactive, just as our entire effort in Syria has been. Improvise & seize any opportunity.
It sucks being trapped between 2 allies without the ability to determine the outcome.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:35 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:42 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:44 pmWhat you can't fathom is the fact that Clinton won the popular vote and more people wanted her in office than Trump. The election wasn't a rejection of Clinton and Obama policies - the voters did actually want them.
Nah, lesser of two evils holmes. Some voters thought Clinton was lesser of two evils and other voters Trump the lesser of two evils. Bottom line, two awful choices ;)
I sure thought it was two awful choices.
But you do keep skirting the fundamental point that more voters chose Clinton than Trump. Thank god for the Electoral College ;)

Unless you buy Trump's BS that that those millions more voters weren't actually Americans...
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:37 pm So we are now going to leave troops in Syria to guard the Kurds' oil. Kurds don't need protection but their oil does. Genius move I guess. Spliting forces and sending the rest to Iraq. Sounds like more tethered goats to me. I am sure all our Trumpsuckers are ok with US soldiers dying to protect some Syrian oil fields.
If used for that, our troops will be well protected from above, with freedom to maneuver, not pinned down in a crossfire by Turkish artillery or air power.

We had 28 troops in exposed positions along the Turkish border. They got out ok. All our armored vehicles made it to Iraq.
Now it's time to reload & redeploy to targets of opportunity, as events unfold.
Look at a map, see where the oil fields are & it will make sense.
If we can save the oil fields (with the SDF) it will give them bargaining power, a safe haven, & may keep them fighting ISIS.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Neither guarding Syrian oil fields or an all expense paid vacation to western Iraq is bringing the troops home. If you recall this was the ear wash for throwing the Kurds under the bus. Trump lied again. :roll: Obviously the generals are running a game on the VSG.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:25 pm Neither guarding Syrian oil fields or an all expense paid vacation to western Iraq is bringing the troops home. If you recall this was the ear wash for throwing the Kurds under the bus. Trump lied again. :roll: Obviously the generals are running a game on the VSG.
Blah, blah, blah. Who cares about ear wash ?
Our 1000 troops aren't coming home, they never were.
They, then their reliefs, will be there as long as a resurgent ISIS is a threat.
At least they're no longer trapped in a crossfire to placate a bunch of DC show ponies.
I'm concerned about what's really going on in Syria, not in your political spit balling.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:25 pm Obviously the generals are running a game on the VSG.
Don't complain 72...If true that's a good thing isn't it? With all of Trump's other distractions, for him I doubt any of this is a priority. He's probably happy to defer to the generals.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:57 pm We can't stay forever & there's no clear exit path. We have limited options.
Same thing we heard in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Rinse. Repeat.

All i want to know is, has whoever the General who is in charge in Turkey pulled our %&$)#*-ing nuclear weapons out yet? Or does this civilian who doesn't know which end of an ICBM is up need to explain to lifelong military types that having them over there for even five more minutes is insane?

Those F ing things aren't toys. Figure it out, and get 'em out.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:50 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:57 pm We can't stay forever & there's no clear exit path. We have limited options.

Rinse. Repeat.

All i want to know is, has whoever the General who is in charge in Turkey pulled our %&$)#*-ing nuclear weapons out yet? Or does this civilian who doesn't know which end of an ICBM is up need to explain to lifelong military types that having them over there for even five more minutes is insane?

Without the arming codes, they're just big lumps of hazmat.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Ever the optimist, old salt.

And I appreciate that.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Rinse. Repeat.

As long as Turkey remains in NATO, doubt that happens a fan. It's a concern though of course.

I read there is considered to be as many as 50 US nukes in Turkey? OS, why so many?
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Rinse. Repeat.

As long as Turkey remains in NATO, doubt that happens a fan. It's a concern though of course.

I read there is considered to be as many as 50 US nukes in Turkey? OS, why so many?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

https://unredacted.com/2011/11/08/u-s-w ... -overkill/
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:08 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Rinse. Repeat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

https://unredacted.com/2011/11/08/u-s-w ... -overkill/
Thanks OS... Jesus H, "overkill" is an understatement. After watching Chernobyl, the miniseries this weekend, I'm especially sensitive to anything nuke.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"But we can't only talk about this," Kramp-Karrenbauer stressed. "Europe cannot simply be an onlooker. We also have to come up with our own recommendations and initiate discussions."

Good stuff...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

We all know that the r's never read the Mueller Report, so I doubt they will read these reports, but here they are:

"The slim, 85-page report reads like a Russian spy novel crossed with a sequel to Orwell’s most dystopian version of the future — right down to an interview with a paid Russian troll who said his experience in 2016, pitting American voters against each other with social media platforms of their own making, was like being “a character in the book ‘1984’ by George Orwell — a place where you have to write that white is black and black is white.”

http://www.rollcall.com/news/opinion/th ... -ever-read

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sit ... olume2.pdf
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:44 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:25 pm Obviously the generals are running a game on the VSG.
Don't complain 72...If true that's a good thing isn't it? With all of Trump's other distractions, for him I doubt any of this is a priority. He's probably happy to defer to the generals.
I thought you guys were all about how terrible the "deep state" was for running games on the VSG. Now you are just fine with it. :lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:51 am We all know that the r's never read the Mueller Report, so I doubt they will read these reports, but here they are:

"The slim, 85-page report reads like a Russian spy novel crossed with a sequel to Orwell’s most dystopian version of the future — right down to an interview with a paid Russian troll who said his experience in 2016, pitting American voters against each other with social media platforms of their own making, was like being “a character in the book ‘1984’ by George Orwell — a place where you have to write that white is black and black is white.”

Why didn't Obama do something about it?...he knew. Perhaps instead, he and his IC saw an opportunity to exploit their carelessness?

Calling IG Horowitz and FP Durham...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:29 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:51 am We all know that the r's never read the Mueller Report, so I doubt they will read these reports, but here they are:

Why didn't Obama do something about it?...he knew. Perhaps instead, he and his IC saw an opportunity to exploit their carelessness?

Calling IG Horowitz and FP Durham...
Get Over It. ;)

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58761404 ... ce-in-2016
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”