Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Trinity »

Putin vehemently denies it. Roy Moore vehemently denies it. Manafort vehemently denies it. Mike Flynn vehemently denies it. Mike Cohen, Boof Kavanaugh, the Saudi King all vehemently deny it. —dttrump
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote:She brought this on herself.
Her bringing this topic into the fray is intended: Intersectionality and Marxism Just like the Russians...politicians do not take a dump without a plan...

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
HooDat wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Think of the interwoven trial during the "Free State of Jones" movie. Blacks couldn't marry whites. Did he look black to you?

One drop of blood.

Warren is not a member of the Cherokee Tribe. End of story. She could always apply. Does SENATOR Warren's job entail drafting legislation? (tom brady day does count )

Perhaps a Federal standard should be drafted. Take blood from everyone. A database. What could go wrong.
How long has Senator Warren claimed to be Cherokee? When was the last pow-wow she attended? I never realized until recently that she was passing as Cherokee. How did I miss that?
the important question should be was she (or anyone else applying for "aggrieved" status) harmed as a result of her Native American bloodlines?....

I have multiples more black blood in me that she can even optimistically claim in Native American blood. My great-grandfather could "pass" back in the day - and did so. Married a white woman. I would have a hard time convincing anyone I am black - should I check that box? Of course not, all I would be doing is taking a benefit that I neither need nor deserve..... How do you prove whether her accepting benefits harmed someone else? You can't. But, at a minimum Warren was abusing the system in a way for which it was not intended and in a way that undermines its validity. Elizabeth Warren is a hypocrite. But even the Dems aren't self-destructive enough to give her the nomination. Her 15 minutes are almost over.
hmmm, so she claimed that her family had told her that she was part Cherokee and turns out that was accurate. Is there some evidence that she benefited somehow from this now scientifically corroborated claim? From what I've read, she never got any special benefits, whether admission to school or jobs or $ as a result of this claim. It was included in her bio. She certainly took a lot of political grief for it back when the gene mapping wasn't available to substantiate that it was true.

On your African American heritage HooDat, everyone can make their own choice as to how they wish to be seen in our society, assuming they are accurate in their representations. Right in this very post you are claiming to have a perspective that others may not have by virtue of this claimed heritage. You're not claiming or requesting any special benefits, other than the representation that you happen to have a perspective that's different as a result of your heritage. As far as I'm concerned, fair enough. Now if I was to start mocking you with names intended to be derogatory, seems to me that I'd be a butthole for doing so. So, I wouldn't.

Rip away at her politics and policies, fair enough, but this Pocohontas mocking should end once and for all. It's no better than the birther BS with Obama.
Being part Cherokee was in no way accurate. 1/512 or 1/1012. She brought this on herself.

Maryland AG lied about being a college lacrosse All American while playing for YALE. Made zero news. No smear campaign. Sen. Warren went on twitter to declare that she has one ......maybe.....drop of Native blood. NOT cherokee. NOT deleware. NOT Wompanoag, etc. She should have just shut up about it. Removed it from her Harvard Bio too. She smears herself.
https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics ... index.html

This is what this is about? A buddy of mine was talking about DNA testing and he mentioned how a lot of people that had been told "family stories" have sense found the stories not to be true. I don't know why the Senator would lie but politicians lie all the time. I had never heard of Eliz Warren having native ancestry until Trump called her Pocahontas. I missed the earlier stories because I Don't Care.

EDIT: This may have been the article my friend mentioned........ https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/scie ... estry.html
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

You're lying to yourself if you think your ancestry is iron-clad accurate.

My Great Grandmother was English. A have another that was Polish. Know how I know this? I don't. I'm going on what
my parents told me, oh, about 30 years ago.

Warrens problem, if I understand correctly, is that she used the claim for admissions. When you do that, you better be right.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote:You're lying to yourself if you think your ancestry is iron-clad accurate.

My Great Grandmother was English. A have another that was Polish. Know how I know this? I don't. I'm going on what
my parents told me, oh, about 30 years ago.

Warrens problem, if I understand correctly, is that she used the claim for admissions. When you do that, you better be right.
that is the part I am unclear on. Did she or did she not get some form of preferential treatment due to her claims? If so, shame on her. If not, why is anyone talking about this ?..... oh yeah - gotta make up reasons to be mad at each other.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
DMac

Post by DMac »

You run a DNA test, you damn sure better be ready for some skeletons to come out of the closet. There's real good reason some kids look more like the mailman than their father.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Boston Globe says she never used it for preferences. When my brother ran our dna, which we assumed was Irish and German, we discovered 20% Finnish, which can be explained by Viking raids on Ireland, but who knew.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote:The Boston Globe says she never used it for preferences. When my brother ran our dna, which we assumed was Irish and German, we discovered 20% Finnish, which can be explained by Viking raids on Ireland, but who knew.
My view has pretty much always been people are people....when my father would complete forms and when "race" was asked, he would write HUMAN....
Human beings share more than 99.9 percent of their DNA; what makes us different is vanishingly insignificant in terms of genetics.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Truly. These tests show where you ancestors live now.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

At some point, we will all agree that we are humans and quit the BS labels. Who really gives a crap if they are x% anything.

Neil Peart said it best. All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players, Performers, and Portrayers Each another's audience Outside the gilded cage

Next we will need a flow chart to decide which box to check to see if we are a certain percentage West Virginian or Californian. Becuase this chart no longer applies to something as simple as sex. :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote:You run a DNA test, you damn sure better be ready for some skeletons to come out of the closet. There's real good reason some kids look more like the mailman than their father.
:lol: (you've been on a roll lately, dmac....)
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I've never had a DNA test and don't plan to. When the subject comes up, I tell them made up percentages and finish with 18% Indonesian and 11% Algerian. I'm not. I enjoy the expressions on their faces. I know, I'm a bad person.
I agree with the above, Race: Human
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote:The Boston Globe says she never used it for preferences. When my brother ran our dna, which we assumed was Irish and German, we discovered 20% Finnish, which can be explained by Viking raids on Ireland, but who knew.
That's what I'd understood as well; apparently the Globe went hard at it and found no basis to suggest that she ever sought or gained any benefit.

Now, if she had done so, sure get all outraged.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Avenatti and Stormy have their case dismissed by Judge. https://wtop.com/news/2018/10/judge-tos ... nst-trump/
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
That's what I'd understood as well; apparently the Globe went hard at it and found no basis to suggest that she ever sought or gained any benefit.

Cherokee Nation says she is doing a disservice. https://twitter.com/justinwingerter/sta ... 69476?s=21
~Livy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote:
Bandito wrote:Just a daily reminder that:

1. Donald Trump is YOUR President
2. Brett Kavanaugh is a SCOTUS Justice and not a sexual assaulter like Cory Booker, Joe Biden and Keith Ellison
3. Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren still isn't a Native American> Her DNA test revealed she is 1/1024th Native American from South America! :lol: You seriously can't make this stuff up.

Just a daily reminder that Orange Duce (AKA / DBA - Donald J. Trump) is still a dead beat low life just as he always was.

Actually that is what you are. :lol: Nice comeback! Try harder next time. Your TDS is showing and your are losing. Trump is killing it as is America!

Trump approval at 51%- http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_oct15

Trump won every segment of his extremely biased 60 Minutes interview. Stahl interrupted him 64 times. In interviews with Obama in the past, they only interrupted him a handful of times. How pathetic.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/columns/don ... 202980027/
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote:Avenatti and Stormy have their case dismissed by Judge. https://wtop.com/news/2018/10/judge-tos ... nst-trump/
Unsurprising. Defamation, slander and libel are very tough to prove and win in US courts.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Avenatti and Stormy have their case dismissed by Judge. https://wtop.com/news/2018/10/judge-tos ... nst-trump/
Unsurprising. Defamation, slander and libel are very tough to prove and win in US courts.
Especially when it's about a 'public figure'. Basically you can say anything you want, not matter how untrue, if it's a public figure. You just have to claim that you were using hyperbole.

But, youth, note that this isn't a dismissal of the entire case between Stormy and Trump. The rest of it continues.
She wants a formal release. Seems to me that Trump should just do it else Avenatti will eventually get him under oath. And clearly that's something Trump should wish to avoid.

At this point so what if she tells her story again of their affair? Certainly it doesn't matter to his base voters.

The one scenario that makes any sense to me that he could care is if there's some large $ amount in his prenuptial agreement with Melania that depends upon him not making any admission. Or maybe he and Melania signed a new deal when he won, keeping Melania in the White House through his presidency...which would be released if he admits the affair. It'd have be the $ because the voters already assume that the affair happened.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

Cherokee Nation says she is doing a disservice. https://twitter.com/justinwingerter/sta ... 69476?s=21
Just watched one of their representatives talk about it. It was quite clear that what they care about is not opening up Cherokee Nation status just because you have some native blood. Perfectly fair point. But make no mistake, it's about the $ value of being able to claim such status from their perspective. It's a huge deal to them to have control on who can claim Nation status and who cannot.

Ignoring, however, that she's never suggested that she should have such status and isn't now either. The representative also said that Trump's calling her was wrong to do, was "unhelpful".
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
My view has pretty much always been people are people....when my father would complete forms and when "race" was asked, he would write HUMAN....
Human beings share more than 99.9 percent of their DNA; what makes us different is vanishingly insignificant in terms of genetics.
i like this approach.

while we are on the topic- my 23&me says im 0.4% arabian.

isnt everyone??? color1
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.

Return to “POLITICS”