Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Public Opinion Starting to Turn.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:24 pm John Bolton, new hero of the Resistance, didn’t say boo about this Ukraine “drug deal” until Deep Whistle called the flagrant foul.
How about we hold our fire on any of these folks who choose to tell the truth?
Better late than never.
and
Whether dragged kicking to it ala Sunderland or head held high like the Ambassador Y or Fiona, we really don't yet know who the "spies" were who told "Deep Whistle" what had gone down. Supposedly that was multiple folks with front row seats.

Might Bolton have been one such?
Sure sounds like he was mighty PO'd...and he did resign very shortly thereafter...
ggait

Post by ggait »

John Bolton, new hero of the Resistance, didn’t say boo about this Ukraine “drug deal” until Deep Whistle called the flagrant foul.
Nope.

Reports are that Bolton did what many others did. Which was raising the alarms and ratting out Rudy/Trump through official channels.

Complaints were flowing through legal channels at the WH, NSC, CIA, IC, State and Defense. Basically, everywhere.

So far, it seems like the evidence emerging is all pointing one way -- confirming and corroborating the WB and the transcript. Banana Republicans aren't denying the emerging facts. They're just making lame excuses and process arguments.

Refreshing to see all these diplomats coming forward while telling the WH counsel to pound sand on their preposterous executive privelege claims.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

None of it matters tho. The R Senators will back Trump.

IMO, that's what betraying the Kurds was all about: an alpha-male dominance move by Trump. He's forcing the beta-male Rs in the Senate to accept him as absolute boss, even when he does something they hate. He forces this down their throats, to prove to them that they don't have the balls to turn on him later in the impeachment trial.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Flake thinks there's enough who'd vote against him if they felt supported.

Thing is the longer the inquiry hangs in the house the more that comes out. Only so many people you can light on fire the way Trump does before the rest say f' it I'm getting off this sinking ship and it sure seems it's heading in that direction.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:31 pm
Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:24 pm John Bolton, new hero of the Resistance, didn’t say boo about this Ukraine “drug deal” until Deep Whistle called the flagrant foul.
How about we hold our fire on any of these folks who choose to tell the truth?
Better late than never.
and
Whether dragged kicking to it ala Sunderland or head held high like the Ambassador Y or Fiona, we really don't yet know who the "spies" were who told "Deep Whistle" what had gone down. Supposedly that was multiple folks with front row seats.

Might Bolton have been one such?
Sure sounds like he was mighty PO'd...and he did resign very shortly thereafter...
Sure seems like this affair is what drove Bolton out.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:02 pm
John Bolton, new hero of the Resistance, didn’t say boo about this Ukraine “drug deal” until Deep Whistle called the flagrant foul.
Nope.

Reports are that Bolton did what many others did. Which was raising the alarms and ratting out Rudy/Trump through official channels.

Complaints were flowing through legal channels at the WH, NSC, CIA, IC, State and Defense. Basically, everywhere.

So far, it seems like the evidence emerging is all pointing one way -- confirming and corroborating the WB and the transcript. Banana Republicans aren't denying the emerging facts. They're just making lame excuses and process arguments.

Refreshing to see all these diplomats coming forward while telling the WH counsel to pound sand on their preposterous executive privelege claims.
+1
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm None of it matters tho. The R Senators will back Trump.

IMO, that's what betraying the Kurds was all about: an alpha-male dominance move by Trump. He's forcing the beta-male Rs in the Senate to accept him as absolute boss, even when he does something they hate. He forces this down their throats, to prove to them that they don't have the balls to turn on him later in the impeachment trial.
But it may backfire on him.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm None of it matters tho. The R Senators will back Trump.

I had considered this possibility, but don't think so. I think it is the confluence of two things; 1) Trump's campaign promise, and 2) something we don't understand in the Trump, Erdogan, Putin universe.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Betraying the Kurds will make it easier for some (R) Senators to vote to convict,
...if the ShiftySchiffShow delivers anything of substance.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Love the mantra that "I/we won't cooperate with the folks that issued the subpoenas unless the House takes a full vote". :roll: Hell nice to know we the people can establish OUR OWN GROUND RULES for compliance. Screw the Constitution!!!!

I imagine a few congresspersons are, in real life, Attorneys. Love the high dudgeon from SOME of the WHINERS :cry: that they aren't allowed to hear the testimony firsthand. Why should they have to wait?

I have a buddy who was a Detective with the NOLA P. D. He explained that when 2 or more suspects were interrogated, they were separated. The reason was simple...they couldn't come up with matching stories.

Look at the number of these chuckle-jaws that colluded and practiced the "what about Biden non-answer".CLEVER FOLKS.

The House Committees are following that same process. If it works for the Police, full steam ahead. ;)

POMPEO/BARR
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Kent told lawmakers that he was told by a supervisor to lay low after he raised complaints about Rudy Giuliani’s efforts in Ukraine undermining US foreign policy, according to Rep. Gerry Connolly on House Oversight. Kent testified Giuliani's efforts
"undermined 28 years of US efforts to try to promote the rule of law in Ukraine."
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Don't forget, we (well, R presidents) have a few decades long policy of abandoning the Kurds.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Hot off the press: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3qLlkJHmte ... qcayyywdgp

Dems will not call vote.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 pm Hot off the press: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3qLlkJHmte ... qcayyywdgp

Dems will not call vote.
not yet.
Nancy wants to let this build a few more heart beats first.
It's building very fast.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 pm Hot off the press: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3qLlkJHmte ... qcayyywdgp

Dems will not call vote.
not yet.
It's building very fast.
Certainly, drag he country through a condescending partisan impeachment inquiry. Shiat or get off the pot.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dems will not call vote.
Of course they will. When they’re ready.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:20 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 pm A well thought out post, telling you where we are in the Trade War, telling you that "standing up the Chinese" doesn't count as a trade strategy, and telling you what Trump needs to do to minimize damage to your fellow Americans so that you don't accuse me of complaining just to complain is "vortex time".

Ok. Well. Good luck with your Trade War.
Love the Vortex. Like four blocks from my house!

https://thevortexatl.com/menus/super-stack-faq/
:lol: Yes, trying to connect with a fan at times is like trying to eat the Superstack Challenge.

All I was hoping for was a tinge of admission that calling China on the carpet, for their deceitful ways, is a good thing, but a fan's reply is all over the friggin place. I don't have the time nor the intestinal fortitude (in keeping with the Superstack theme) to respond.

Way back on laxpower, I started referring to disputes with a fan as the "vortex" when, due to our differences of opinion and a fan's dubious method of debating, there was no chance for consensus in sight.

These days, when I see the vortex forming on the horizon, I bail early. :D
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Dems will not call vote.
not yet.
It's building very fast.
Certainly, drag he country through a condescending partisan impeachment inquiry. Shiat or get off the pot.
Republicans always want to speed an investigation, when not in charge of it. Midterms had consequences. Using the office of the president for dirty, personal electoral gain is worthy of careful and comprehensive investigation.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Dems will not call vote.
These people are unhinged.

And before the usual whiners get all excited, so is Giuliani.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Dems will not call vote.
not yet.
It's building very fast.
Republicans always want to speed an investigation, when not in charge of it. Midterms had consequences. Using the office of the president for dirty, personal electoral gain is worthy of careful and comprehensive investigation.
Seacoaster is nervous.

Return to “POLITICS”