Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Public Opinion Starting to Turn.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:24 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:32 pm
Nope. I'd vote for Biden.

And I voted for Obama first time. Second time, I skipped.

I do like Nikki Hailey...a lot.
of course you do know that she's an R, right? ;)

Yup. But I already said I'd vote for Biden over Trump (just don't think he will survive the media's and DNC's plan to have Warren on the ticket). I also really like Tulsi Gabbard. She's a Dem. I'd vote in order: Hailey (love her way too much), Biden, Gabbard, then Trump. And yes, everyone else below that.

(ps: not everyone votes according to Party).
It might make sense to learn to spell Nikki's last name correctly if you're going to be such an ardent supporter. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 am Come on PB, you're smarter than this post.
Don't ignore what other posters have already responded to this line of cavalier dismissal.

If you really have a counterpoint, great, we're interested.
Well, I just came to "Politics" recently as the lacrosse season seems like light years away, so I do not know everyone's posts.

Also, I am not certain what point there is to be made, other than to point out the folly of the supposition. Proving negatives might seem fun, but if I tell you there is no milk in the bowl and you insist there is, I am not sure how to help you any further other than to suggest seeing a psychologist.

emptybowl.jpg
emptybowl.jpg (70.32 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:05 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 am Come on PB, you're smarter than this post.
Don't ignore what other posters have already responded to this line of cavalier dismissal.

If you really have a counterpoint, great, we're interested.
Well, I just came to "Politics" recently as the lacrosse season seems like light years away, so I do not know everyone's posts.

Also, I am not certain what point there is to be made, other than to point out the folly of the supposition. Proving negatives might seem fun, but if I tell you there is no milk in the bowl and you insist there is, I am not sure how to help you any further other than to suggest seeing a psychologist.

emptybowl.jpg
Just the last two days of posts, PB.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:35 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am You're another who can't admit that if nothing else comes from this so-called Trade War, the fact that China has been forced to show it's true colors as to how it/they do business is a positive result. The Chicoms have been exposed to the world for the economic parasites they have been and continue to be.
We've known this for over 20 years. Trump has done nothing to stop this. Not one single policy stops this.
Twenty years? Who's "we've" BTW? And how has it been dealt with? What did your hero Obama do about it during his 8 long years in office?

Nope...ignore the warning signs and obvious deceitful ways and keep on doing business as usual (look at the NBA FCS!)

Now there's a policy for you a fan, look the other way and keep doing biz the way we always have. And left unchecked, just look what they've done militarily over that time period.

What i've been trying to explain to you is, finally someone is calling the Chicoms out and that is huge. Their dishonest and dangerous ways of using the free market to their benefit is front and center, headline news, but you belittle that because you don't like the messenger. Just admit it for once instead of pontificating.

If this is how you really feel, why are we allowing 200K+ Chinese students in our Universities? Your question...How do you feel about that a fan?
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am Any positivity from these trade negotiations will be squandered if someone doesn't pick up where Trump and his economic team eventually leaves off, whether that's in 2020 or 2024.
Respectfully, there aren't any positives from these trade negotiations. I've been trying to tell you that from the start. And you're lost in the weeds, demanding immediate results when the big-picture-first-step, the most important step, is right in front of your nose and you can't or refuse to see it. Why would China stop cheating and stealing? What motivation do they have? Trump's out there alone. China, as I told you, will simply ignore Trump, and wait for the next President. Stating the obvious, again, and has been discussed before...

And the rest of our allies, and the rest of the world isn't lifting a finger on this. Why would China care if Trump wants to essentially throw a temper tantrum? He's gone in 13 months, if he loses. Right now, I'm not seeing it.

You wouldn't. There will be no deal, unless it is a pointless one that allows Trump to declare his win to his fans. And that is currently in the works.

:roll: That's fair a fan...how bout you wait and see before discrediting?
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am That is why I made the point that one reason Nikki H could be a good choice for the country is that she would be tough on China. It's an opinion for what that's worth...don't go crazy.
get the rest of our allies and trading partners to back sanctions on China's trade practices. That's it. That's the only way to get them to play ball. And that is exactly what I was getting at...someone like NH needs to carry on. Certainly none of the D candidates will.

We've already discussed that Trump going it alone is an obvious problem...that hasn't been handled well. But IMO, if nothing else, he gets credit for taking that "first step."

Let's hope someone follows Trump and gets the rest of the global free market, including our allies, to pressure China to change their ways. That we can agree on.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

"CLOSE THE DOOR, THEY'RE COMING THROUGH THE WINDOWS". :shock:

Listen to "blast from the past", Ken Starr on FOX NEWS. Pay attention to his comments around the 5:30 mark. Starr opines that Bill Clinton committed CRIMES but Trump has not. :roll:

BTW Starr did not comment on his orchestration of the BAYLOR Football rape cover-up when he was President of one of the largest Private Christian Colleges in the United States of America.

Guess it's OK to call on a foreign leader to get dirt on a political adversary but getting a trim job in a closet is a high-crime. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=qOfWQiMbIpo

POMPEO/BARR
Last edited by wahoomurf on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm You're moving the goal posts. We were talking about the fact that Russia interfered with our elections and you move on to Hillary's campaigning or lack thereof. I'm no Hillary (or any legacy family) for the record.

We're not talking about excuses, we're talking about Russia actively interfering in our election and one side is significantly downplaying it and not doing much at all about it.

Are you similarly interested in the fact that Ukraine 'interfered in our elections' (whatever that even means...)?

People who aver that 'Russia interfered in our elections' likely don't even know what that means. That 'Russia' posted some articles on RT which got picked up by others, and/or drew up some memes? If 'Russia' does that again, what's the action plan then? Shut down the Internet? Should we have a national fact-sorting commission to determine what is real and what isn't before publishing? Our own media somehow manages to get many facts wrong in their quest to take out Trump/conservatives and ends up walking back hundreds of false claims. The media for decades have called every national Republican of significance a racist. At some stage, people stop believing what you say/write.

Let me know what 'Russia' has done to change vote totals. If they are hacking machines, then I would agree, that is major. If a Russian journo says 'Hillary is awful', I am not sure that rises to high crimes and misdemeanors.
They stole the DNC’s campaign database and used it to help Trump and harm Hillary. Not sure what you do for a living but if it is a Fortune 500, imagine a competitor stealing you client database and your marketing plan.....you think that would or would not make a difference. If you think it makes no difference, give it away and tell your board it makes no difference.
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

This view really befuddles me....when I graduated h.s., I was 50/50 between going to college or attending a technical school to become an electrician. I was also considering going to chef school, but my father, who worked many years in a restaurant, helped me understand that I would be working nights and weekends. My parents were behind any path I selected, as long as it included further training.

My father got his GED after the war and worked by the hour his entire life...his proudest moments were not the metals he earned in combat (although we was prouder of his CIB then his Bronze Star), but seeing me graduate from college and grad school.

I can see why some folks view some folks with higher education as "preachy"...BHO got hammered hard for "talking down".

My brother in law is guilty of believing he is the smartest guy in the room and not only tell us why his views are correct, he has to convince everyone why they are wrong. Agreeing to disagree isn't enough for him.

Really smart people, like really successful people, learn the art of not speaking or acting like they are "special".
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Answer is it’s bitterness and looking in other peoples pockets bc they’ve given up on their own aspirations.

Smartest people never admit to being smart and re usually pretty quiet in a room full of talkers.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm You're moving the goal posts. We were talking about the fact that Russia interfered with our elections and you move on to Hillary's campaigning or lack thereof. I'm no Hillary (or any legacy family) for the record.

We're not talking about excuses, we're talking about Russia actively interfering in our election and one side is significantly downplaying it and not doing much at all about it.

Are you similarly interested in the fact that Ukraine 'interfered in our elections' (whatever that even means...)?

People who aver that 'Russia interfered in our elections' likely don't even know what that means. That 'Russia' posted some articles on RT which got picked up by others, and/or drew up some memes? If 'Russia' does that again, what's the action plan then? Shut down the Internet? Should we have a national fact-sorting commission to determine what is real and what isn't before publishing? Our own media somehow manages to get many facts wrong in their quest to take out Trump/conservatives and ends up walking back hundreds of false claims. The media for decades have called every national Republican of significance a racist. At some stage, people stop believing what you say/write.

Let me know what 'Russia' has done to change vote totals. If they are hacking machines, then I would agree, that is major. If a Russian journo says 'Hillary is awful', I am not sure that rises to high crimes and misdemeanors.
I'm interested in preventing or limiting any foreign state from trying to influence our elections.

As far as what Russia did, you're certainly showing your limited understanding. We had a little investigation into it which detailed many findings that you should probably go take a look at. And there is lots we can do to combat it.

I'm not sure where the media (you're showing your bias by thinking they have called every significant Republican racist) - if you're concerned with the media maybe you should look into the actual findings instead and avoid the middlemen.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 am
HooDat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 pm Then Nikki could select Dan Crenshaw as HER VP...

..... a guy can dream can't he?

Hailey as POTUS.

Crenshaw as VP.

I would vote this ticket 100x and on Sunday too. Appreciate both, and I believe both have gravitas and brains, and character.
Trump is gonna win bigly
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Twenty years? Who's "we've" BTW? And how has it been dealt with? What did your hero Obama do about it during his 8 long years in office?
He's not my hero, and I'd be happy to talk about the Bush administration if you'd prefer.

They worked with the WTO and others to try and get China to stop. As you yourself have told me many, many, many times when it comes to positions that you like: you have to be patient for these things to work out. You patiences seems to be only reserved for Trump's policies, and no other Presidents. Now why is that?

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Nope...ignore the warning signs and obvious deceitful ways and keep on doing business as usual (look at the NBA FCS!)
You don't have any Chinese computers or components that connect to the internet so you can send me this message, is that it?

I thought we liked it when our pro sports leagues suppressed free speech when FoxNation freaked out over Colin Kaepernick? What happened to that? Shut up and play sports, remember? Now suddenly right wing America wants our players to speak up? :lol: Pick a lane.

And don't buy a computer. Or use the internet until China fixes whatever it is you don't like about them. THEN you can give the NBA grief for doing business with China.

Again: you want a Cold War with China. That's fine, and totally cool-----but some piddly tariffs won't achieve the goal you are after. I think it's helpful for you to understand that.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Now there's a policy for you a fan, look the other way and keep doing biz the way we always have. And left unchecked, just look what they've done militarily over that time period.
So why are we trading with them at all?
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am What i've been trying to explain to you is, finally someone is calling the Chicoms out and that is huge. Their dishonest and dangerous ways of using the free market to their benefit is front and center, headline news, but you belittle that because you don't like the messenger
It's been part of the world dialog for 20 years. Not my fault you don't follow the news.

As for standing up, are a we a nation? Or are we a five year old in a school yard? Because behaving like a nation, and dealing with trade and international politics is a tad more complicated than standing up to the kindergarten bully during lunch.

Trump has, in no particular order, "stood up" to Kim, the Mullahs, the EU, and China. Great. So you're happy. Why are you happy? What has "standing up" to these groups actually accomplished for our country?

Nothing.

Standing up to China has cost our economy hundreds of billions of dollars. And Trump can't even tell you what he wants from China. Trade deficit is worse. And we're still pumping billions into the Chinese economy. Something you just told me is bad, "because" it's helped them to grown their military. So why are you happy?

Standing up to Iran is working so well that we've had to send more troops to Saudi Arabia, of all places. Iran is now working on the bomb again. And China has stepped in to pump money into their economy. Sweet. That's working out great.

N Korea? Yep, he stood up to Kim by insulting him. Result after all the bluster ended? No change. Kim has nukes, and goes merrily about their business. Wow. This whole "standing up to fascists" is really productive.

EU? Can you even tell me why we're in a Trade War with the EU? I can't. So peers in my trade get to enjoy a 20% drop in sales in just 12 months because..... you want Trump to "stand up" to the EU?

Hard pass.

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am If this is how you really feel, why are we allowing 200K+ Chinese students in our Universities? Your question...How do you feel about that a fan?
I'm not the one who wants to stand up to China. YOU are. So why aren't you demanding we stop facilitating IP theft in our Universities?
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am And you're lost in the weeds, demanding immediate results when the big-picture-first-step, the most important step, is right in front of your nose and you can't or refuse to see it.
I'm not demanding anything. I"m telling you what the score is. Trump's term ends in 13 months. It's not my fault that for the last year I've told you that China doesn't have elections, and America does....making negotiations impossible.

Cold War. That's it. That's the only card in the deck. You obviously don't want to hear this, so you accuse me of being short sighted. I'm telling you: if that's your long term goal....to not support the Chinese economy in any way, and to stifle theft of US tech.....Cold War is the only move.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am And that is exactly what I was getting at...someone like NH needs to carry on.
No. Someone like NH will start a Cold War. That's fine. But you're not going to get what you want at the table.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am We've already discussed that Trump going it alone is an obvious problem...that hasn't been handled well. But IMO, if nothing else, he gets credit for taking that "first step."
And my point is: this ain't the first step. We had people in the last two administrations working around the clock trying to get China to peacefully change course. Give them credit for that. Trump is just another link in the chain.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Let's hope someone follows Trump and gets the rest of the global free market, including our allies, to pressure China to change their ways. That we can agree on.
This entire time I've been begging US officials---and Trump in particular----to send US trade reps and business reps all over the globe looking for new supply chains and customers.

They do that? Not only will my complaints disappear......you'll get what you want, which is the cessation of trade with China, while doing the least amount of economic damage to America as possible. THAT is the path.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Btw, I'm not some wild eyed Trump hater. I've had no trouble whatsoever praising Trump when he does something I like.

This Trade War with China has been executed horribly. THAT is why I'm angry.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 am "CLOSE THE DOOR, THEY'RE COMING THROUGH THE WINDOWS". :shock:

Listen to "blast from the past", Ken Starr on FOX NEWS. Pay attention to his comments around the 5:30 mark. Starr opines that Bill Clinton committed CRIMES but Trump has not. :roll:

BTW Starr did not comment on his orchestration of the BAYLOR Football rape cover-up when he was President of one of the largest Private Christian Colleges in the United States of America.

Guess it's OK to call on a foreign leader to get dirt on a political adversary but getting a trim job ina closet is a high-crime. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=qOfWQiMbIpo

POMPEO/BARR
Well said political rival couldn’t run a 4.5 40 or effectively rush a passer so there!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bandito wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 am
HooDat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 pm Then Nikki could select Dan Crenshaw as HER VP...

..... a guy can dream can't he?

Hailey as POTUS.

Crenshaw as VP.

I would vote this ticket 100x and on Sunday too. Appreciate both, and I believe both have gravitas and brains, and character.
Trump is gonna win bigly
Trump should pick Haley as his VP this go around. Or what would be even funnier, ask Hillary to be his VP...the media would break the internet. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:35 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Twenty years? Who's "we've" BTW? And how has it been dealt with? What did your hero Obama do about it during his 8 long years in office?
He's not my hero, and I'd be happy to talk about the Bush administration if you'd prefer.

They worked with the WTO and others to try and get China to stop. As you yourself have told me many, many, many times when it comes to positions that you like: you have to be patient for these things to work out. You patiences seems to be only reserved for Trump's policies, and no other Presidents. Now why is that?

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Nope...ignore the warning signs and obvious deceitful ways and keep on doing business as usual (look at the NBA FCS!)
You don't have any Chinese computers or components that connect to the internet so you can send me this message, is that it?

I thought we liked it when our pro sports leagues suppressed free speech when FoxNation freaked out over Colin Kaepernick? What happened to that? Shut up and play sports, remember? Now suddenly right wing America wants our players to speak up? :lol: Pick a lane.

And don't buy a computer. Or use the internet until China fixes whatever it is you don't like about them. THEN you can give the NBA grief for doing business with China.

Again: you want a Cold War with China. That's fine, and totally cool-----but some piddly tariffs won't achieve the goal you are after. I think it's helpful for you to understand that.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Now there's a policy for you a fan, look the other way and keep doing biz the way we always have. And left unchecked, just look what they've done militarily over that time period.
So why are we trading with them at all?
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am What i've been trying to explain to you is, finally someone is calling the Chicoms out and that is huge. Their dishonest and dangerous ways of using the free market to their benefit is front and center, headline news, but you belittle that because you don't like the messenger
It's been part of the world dialog for 20 years. Not my fault you don't follow the news.

As for standing up, are a we a nation? Or are we a five year old in a school yard? Because behaving like a nation, and dealing with trade and international politics is a tad more complicated than standing up to the kindergarten bully during lunch.

Trump has, in no particular order, "stood up" to Kim, the Mullahs, the EU, and China. Great. So you're happy. Why are you happy? What has "standing up" to these groups actually accomplished for our country?

Nothing.

Standing up to China has cost our economy hundreds of billions of dollars. And Trump can't even tell you what he wants from China. Trade deficit is worse. And we're still pumping billions into the Chinese economy. Something you just told me is bad, "because" it's helped them to grown their military. So why are you happy?

Standing up to Iran is working so well that we've had to send more troops to Saudi Arabia, of all places. Iran is now working on the bomb again. And China has stepped in to pump money into their economy. Sweet. That's working out great.

N Korea? Yep, he stood up to Kim by insulting him. Result after all the bluster ended? No change. Kim has nukes, and goes merrily about their business. Wow. This whole "standing up to fascists" is really productive.

EU? Can you even tell me why we're in a Trade War with the EU? I can't. So peers in my trade get to enjoy a 20% drop in sales in just 12 months because..... you want Trump to "stand up" to the EU?

Hard pass.

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am If this is how you really feel, why are we allowing 200K+ Chinese students in our Universities? Your question...How do you feel about that a fan?
I'm not the one who wants to stand up to China. YOU are. So why aren't you demanding we stop facilitating IP theft in our Universities?
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am And you're lost in the weeds, demanding immediate results when the big-picture-first-step, the most important step, is right in front of your nose and you can't or refuse to see it.
I'm not demanding anything. I"m telling you what the score is. Trump's term ends in 13 months. It's not my fault that for the last year I've told you that China doesn't have elections, and America does....making negotiations impossible.

Cold War. That's it. That's the only card in the deck. You obviously don't want to hear this, so you accuse me of being short sighted. I'm telling you: if that's your long term goal....to not support the Chinese economy in any way, and to stifle theft of US tech.....Cold War is the only move.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am And that is exactly what I was getting at...someone like NH needs to carry on.
No. Someone like NH will start a Cold War. That's fine. But you're not going to get what you want at the table.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am We've already discussed that Trump going it alone is an obvious problem...that hasn't been handled well. But IMO, if nothing else, he gets credit for taking that "first step."
And my point is: this ain't the first step. We had people in the last two administrations working around the clock trying to get China to peacefully change course. Give them credit for that. Trump is just another link in the chain.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am Let's hope someone follows Trump and gets the rest of the global free market, including our allies, to pressure China to change their ways. That we can agree on.
This entire time I've been begging US officials---and Trump in particular----to send US trade reps and business reps all over the globe looking for new supply chains and customers.

They do that? Not only will my complaints disappear......you'll get what you want, which is the cessation of trade with China, while doing the least amount of economic damage to America as possible. THAT is the path.
Argh... vortex time. Later a fan.
a fan

Post by a fan »

A well thought out post, telling you where we are in the Trade War, telling you that "standing up the Chinese" doesn't count as a trade strategy, and telling you what Trump needs to do to minimize damage to your fellow Americans so that you don't accuse me of complaining just to complain is "vortex time".

Ok. Well. Good luck with your Trade War.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:24 pm Trump should [...] even funnier, ask Hillary to be his VP...the media would break the internet.
this would be high theater in its most rarefied form!
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:35 am China doesn't have elections, and America does....making negotiations impossible.
not to mention, the Chinese do not stop negotiating. A contract is at best a pause or incidental reference in continuing negotiations. They can and will play this game forever - whereas we want "successes" in four year bites.... Losers game for us.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 pm A well thought out post, telling you where we are in the Trade War, telling you that "standing up the Chinese" doesn't count as a trade strategy, and telling you what Trump needs to do to minimize damage to your fellow Americans so that you don't accuse me of complaining just to complain is "vortex time".

Ok. Well. Good luck with your Trade War.
Love the Vortex. Like four blocks from my house!

https://thevortexatl.com/menus/super-stack-faq/
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

John Bolton, new hero of the Resistance, didn’t say boo about this Ukraine “drug deal” until Deep Whistle called the flagrant foul.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”