Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Public Opinion Starting to Turn.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 pm Then Nikki could select Dan Crenshaw as HER VP...

..... a guy can dream can't he?
Why Nikki Haley? I can't find what her views are on governance anywhere.

Just curious.
she is a big old bowl of everybody-please-shut-up oatmeal. Comfort food. I don't think she has it in her to be offensive, but she is no cupcake either - like that bowl of oatmeal, she will stick to your ribs and keep you warm all morning (I took that one too far didn't I?). I just think she would be good for the GOP "brand", a steady hand on the helm, and there is definitely something sweet about the idea of the first female president being a republican....
I think Nikki H would be tough on the rogue states without the Trump bully bluster flip flop. Remember her sturdy scolding of Iran while UN Amb. IMO, she wasn't kidding...

I think she would follow Trump well in keeping China honest too.
It's currently quite the mess.
The only aspect of your positive point here about Haley with which I'd disagree is the notion that Trump has somehow done something positive re China, that he's somehow been "keeping China honest".

Nope, a squirrel could have done better.
What he did was expose our vulnerabilities...hey, maybe in the long run we'll learn that we need to have our allies with us, not scrambling to find more reliable allies, and we'll look back at this moment as say : "Thanks Trump; you were an idiot, but at least we know better now".
Could happen...

I do agree that Haley would be clear-eyed about China and would work the problem soberly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:10 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:08 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:59 pm They could do better than Mattis.

I bet you would get 100% GOP participation if Pence agreed to: (1) Appoint Nikki Haley as VP, (2) pardon Trump, then (3) resign.
:roll: :roll: :roll: SOOO MANY BETTER CHOICES THAN GENERAL MATTIS---Rudy, Pompeo, Hastert/Jordan, Sondland perhaps? How about The People's Attorney General---" Bronxie Barr".

Kentucky's 2 :?: :?: :?: s would make terrific Senate parking lot attendants.
wahoomurf,
pretty sure HooDat wasn't putting down Gen.Mattis at all, just liked another idea better.
À Chacun Son Goût.
We'd indeed be better off with Kentucky duo as parking lot attendants... :lol:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:17 pm What he did was expose our vulnerabilities...hey, maybe in the long run we'll learn that we need to have our allies with us, not scrambling to find more reliable allies, and we'll look back at this moment as say : "Thanks Trump; you were an idiot, but at least we know better now".
this is probably the best legacy Trump can hope for at this point - that he was such an idiot, so clumsy in his corruption and narcissism that we all saw just how ugly we had let politics become. I guess he is more of a "do as say, not as I do" kind of leader..... :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

We knew he was a scorpion and his children are lice. Obviously, Putin would never back an American patriot.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
We are having an old fashion turkey dinner this year with many family members including wife and son, sisters and brothers should just be a flippin ball with everyone except my wife ( :o ) flying in. You wanna stop by and tell them about my tender sensitivities :lol: I will get you a HazMat suit when the food starts flying at you and some nice googles :D. I will ensure no punches just food and drink :lol: flying
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:17 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 pm Then Nikki could select Dan Crenshaw as HER VP...

Just curious.
she is a big old bowl of everybody-please-shut-up oatmeal. Comfort food. I don't think she has it in her to be offensive, but she is no cupcake either - like that bowl of oatmeal, she will stick to your ribs and keep you warm all morning (I took that one too far didn't I?). I just think she would be good for the GOP "brand", a steady hand on the helm, and there is definitely something sweet about the idea of the first female president being a republican....
I think Nikki H would be tough on the rogue states without the Trump bully bluster flip flop. Remember her sturdy scolding of Iran while UN Amb. IMO, she wasn't kidding...

The only aspect of your positive point here about Haley with which I'd disagree is the notion that Trump has somehow done something positive re China, that he's somehow been "keeping China honest".

What he did was expose our vulnerabilities...hey, maybe in the long run we'll learn that we need to have our allies with us, not scrambling to find more reliable allies, and we'll look back at this moment as say : "Thanks Trump; you were an idiot, but at least we know better now".
Could happen...

I do agree that Haley would be clear-eyed about China and would work the problem soberly.
:roll: Oh brother...gave you another opportunity to exercise your Trump-hating sensibilities. Your dubious fix...

Literal much? The point is that Trump and his admin, for the first time, are making the effort to heel China for their bad acts on the global economic stage. You're such a dead end you can't even admit that. Mess? Perhaps, or perhaps that's speculation on your part. This has a long way to go.

Again, Haley IMO would handle foreign affairs well, tough yet statesperson-like, not to mention she's smart and attractive... would be ideal as the first female POTUS. Would love to see it.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:34 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 am It's not hysteria-laden and it's not overplayed. It's worthy of discussion and concern and for some reason Republicans in charge are refusing to do much to stop the interference. If they affected just 77,000 people, or 0.06% of the total vote, then they changed the outcome of election. That's pretty worthy of attention, would you say so?

What I'd say is if Hillary had visited three additional states and not simply assumed a victory, this discussion would not even be a discussion.

We find excuses to overlook the obvious sometimes.
You're moving the goal posts. We were talking about the fact that Russia interfered with our elections and you move on to Hillary's campaigning or lack thereof. I'm no Hillary (or any legacy family) for the record.

We're not talking about excuses, we're talking about Russia actively interfering in our election and one side is significantly downplaying it and not doing much at all about it. Ignore the candidates and the parties - the fact that Russia or other nations can potentially swing a close election in either direction or push a fringe candidate to the front of a primary isn't unsettling to you?

Oh, and if Hillary had won, we probably would have been talking about it. Obama certainly wanted to in a bi-partisan way until McConnell shut that down.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 pm MD,
We are having an old fashion turkey dinner this year with many family members including wife and son, sisters and brothers should just be a flippin ball with everyone except my wife ( :o ) flying in. You wanna stop by and tell them about my tender sensitivities :lol: I will get you a HazMat suit when the food starts flying at you and some nice googles :D. I will ensure no punches just food and drink :lol: flying
I assumed you understood the wink, my friend.
Enjoy your meal and your family.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Just curious.

Could happen...

:roll: Oh brother...gave you another opportunity to exercise your Trump-hating sensibilities. Your dubious fix...

Literal much? The point is that Trump and his admin, for the first time, are making the effort to heel China for their bad acts on the global economic stage. You're such a dead end you can't even admit that. Mess? Perhaps, or perhaps that's speculation on your part. This has a long way to go.

Again, Haley IMO would handle foreign affairs well, tough yet statesperson-like, not to mention she's smart and attractive... would be ideal as the first female POTUS. Would love to see it.
You and I disagree on this tech37.
You have your point of view and I've expressed my own.
My basis for disagreement is that I happen to know folks who worked in the Obama years working quite actively on the problematic issues with China. They took them quite seriously, as did Obama. But it wasn't a political talking point per se.
Trump's all talk no cattle. A wimp in reality, and too dumb to know better.

Yes, Trump's China policy has a "long way to go", but IMO it's currently an epic mess, predictably so with the knuckleheads he put on the charge...and his own flat out stupidity on how tariffs actually work (if he actually understands and has just been lying to everyone, that's the only alternative to stupidity).

Just like it was epically stupid to withdraw from Syria precipitously.
This ain't rocket science.

We agree that Haley has a number of positive qualities.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm I think she would follow Trump well in keeping China honest too.
China's behavior hasn't changed. Not even a little. China is no more economically "honest" today then they were before the Trade War started.

But you know this.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:32 pm Yes, Trump's China policy has a "long way to go"
Not if he loses the election.

If he loses, Trump's "China policy" has 13 months left.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:15 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm I think she would follow Trump well in keeping China honest too.
China's behavior hasn't changed. Not even a little. China is no more economically "honest" today then they were before the Trade War started.

But you know this.
You're another who can't admit that if nothing else comes from this so-called Trade War, the fact that China has been forced to show it's true colors as to how it/they do business is a positive result. The Chicoms have been exposed to the world for the economic parasites they have been and continue to be. Some people on this board think the Chicoms are so intelligent yet they have to steal IP from the free market capitalists in order to get ahead. Real geniuses... How on earth anyone can respect them and their methods is beyond me.

Any positivity from these trade negotiations will be squandered if someone doesn't pick up where Trump and his economic team eventually leaves off, whether that's in 2020 or 2024. IMO, if China's duplicitous methods are forgotten and left unchecked, any chance for the US economy getting healthy again (debt & deficit under control) is doubtful. That is why I made the point that one reason Nikki H could be a good choice for the country is that she would be tough on China. It's an opinion for what that's worth...don't go crazy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am You're another who can't admit that if nothing else comes from this so-called Trade War, the fact that China has been forced to show it's true colors as to how it/they do business is a positive result. The Chicoms have been exposed to the world for the economic parasites they have been and continue to be.
We've known this for over 20 years. Trump has done nothing to stop this. Not one single policy stops this.

If this is how you really feel, why are we allowing 200K+ Chinese students in our Universities?

What you are asking for, is a Cold War. That's not what Trump is doing. All he's done is damage US supply chains and markets for no reason, and he has no tangible plan to fix the damage, and find new trading partners. THAT is why I'm upset.

I've said multiple time what Trump should do, and he's not doing anything. To replay just one example : isn't Brexit about to ruin the UK economy? Well then why in heaven's name isn't Trump picking up the phone, and asking the Brits to send every single available trade representatives to major US cities for a summit, and sending US reps to London for same? UK has a ton of stuff to sell. And we're breaking up with China, and looking for new trading partners, no?

Why the firetruck aren't we doing that? It's because Trump doesn't want to fix problems. All he wants is a fight on national TV. And when the fight is gone, he moves on. It's why he doesn't talk about repeal and replace, the border, N Korea, or Iran. He's moved on.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am Any positivity from these trade negotiations will be squandered if someone doesn't pick up where Trump and his economic team eventually leaves off, whether that's in 2020 or 2024.
Respectfully, there aren't any positives from these trade negotiations. I've been trying to tell you that from the start. Why would China stop cheating and stealing? What motivation do they have? Trump's out there alone. China, as I told you, will simply ignore Trump, and wait for the next President.

And the rest of our allies, and the rest of the world isn't lifting a finger on this. Why would China care if Trump wants to essentially throw a temper tantrum? He's gone in 13 months, if he loses. So, again, if your'e China, why would you surrender one inch to the Americans?

You wouldn't. There will be no deal, unless it is a pointless one that allows Trump to declare his win to his fans. And that is currently in the works.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am That is why I made the point that one reason Nikki H could be a good choice for the country is that she would be tough on China. It's an opinion for what that's worth...don't go crazy.
I'm not going to go crazy. I"m calmly explaining to you what our options are. Either get the rest of our allies and trading partners to back sanctions on China's trade practices, or start a Cold War on our own. That's it. That's the only way to get them to play ball. And I really don't think that that will work, either.

That what you want?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Nyt— Bolton instructed Fiona Hill to notify NSC lawyer Giuliani was working w/Mick Mulvaney on a rogue op’n w/legal implications, Hill told congress. Bolton instructed aide to report Giuliani pressure campaign to White House lawyer. “I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Bolton said, according to testimony to House investigators. @npfandos

So the WH Counsel Eisenberg was already aware of the shakedown caper when Deep Whistle came forward. This coverup runs wide and deep.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION INTO PAUL MANAFORT WAS (AND MAY STILL BE) ONGOING–AND LIKELY PERTAINS TO TRUMP’S UKRAINE EXTORTION

Including a look at all the lying Paul Manafort did before he got sent up for not singing like a bird...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:35 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am You're another who can't admit that if nothing else comes from this so-called Trade War, the fact that China has been forced to show it's true colors as to how it/they do business is a positive result. The Chicoms have been exposed to the world for the economic parasites they have been and continue to be.
We've known this for over 20 years. Trump has done nothing to stop this. Not one single policy stops this.

If this is how you really feel, why are we allowing 200K+ Chinese students in our Universities?

What you are asking for, is a Cold War. That's not what Trump is doing. All he's done is damage US supply chains and markets for no reason, and he has no tangible plan to fix the damage, and find new trading partners. THAT is why I'm upset.

I've said multiple time what Trump should do, and he's not doing anything. To replay just one example : isn't Brexit about to ruin the UK economy? Well then why in heaven's name isn't Trump picking up the phone, and asking the Brits to send every single available trade representatives to major US cities for a summit, and sending US reps to London for same? UK has a ton of stuff to sell. And we're breaking up with China, and looking for new trading partners, no?

Why the firetruck aren't we doing that? It's because Trump doesn't want to fix problems. All he wants is a fight on national TV. And when the fight is gone, he moves on. It's why he doesn't talk about repeal and replace, the border, N Korea, or Iran. He's moved on.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am Any positivity from these trade negotiations will be squandered if someone doesn't pick up where Trump and his economic team eventually leaves off, whether that's in 2020 or 2024.
Respectfully, there aren't any positives from these trade negotiations. I've been trying to tell you that from the start. Why would China stop cheating and stealing? What motivation do they have? Trump's out there alone. China, as I told you, will simply ignore Trump, and wait for the next President.

And the rest of our allies, and the rest of the world isn't lifting a finger on this. Why would China care if Trump wants to essentially throw a temper tantrum? He's gone in 13 months, if he loses. So, again, if your'e China, why would you surrender one inch to the Americans?

You wouldn't. There will be no deal, unless it is a pointless one that allows Trump to declare his win to his fans. And that is currently in the works.
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am That is why I made the point that one reason Nikki H could be a good choice for the country is that she would be tough on China. It's an opinion for what that's worth...don't go crazy.
I'm not going to go crazy. I"m calmly explaining to you what our options are. Either get the rest of our allies and trading partners to back sanctions on China's trade practices, or start a Cold War on our own. That's it. That's the only way to get them to play ball. And I really don't think that that will work, either.

That what you want?
Perhaps tech37 only woke up to China when Trump ran for President.
Maybe he truly was asleep. And he's confusing his own slumber with "the world".
That's possible.

More likely is that Trumpists simply like the noise and bluster, the portrayal on TV and Twitter of a 'strong man'.
It's phony, a con, but it's on TV.

Yes, absent a true Cold War with it's own hot proxy wars, the only way to move the needle is building allies, providing incentives for engagement ala Chinese desire to be a respected player in world trade. Yes, work hard to bring our ideological perspectives of freedom and democracy to the Chinese people, including the brightest and elite who send their sons and daughters to school here in the US, challenge their human rights abuses, their outside the rules trade practices, and get tough on IP protection, cyber challenges.

Recognize that the Chinese have an imperative to bring their people's income/standard of living to be comparable to the most developed nations. They are less than 1/5th that income level now, so they have a very long way to go. We're not going to change that imperative, but we can moderate their behaviors along their path and ensure that they see as not as adversaries but as much as possible as partners in the world's success.

It's a tall order and expecting overnight or straight-line success is foolish, but work the problem consistently.

And side by side, rejuvenate our own national polity.
Recognize and bolster our strengths in innovation and diversity.
Invest in the long term.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm You're moving the goal posts. We were talking about the fact that Russia interfered with our elections and you move on to Hillary's campaigning or lack thereof. I'm no Hillary (or any legacy family) for the record.

We're not talking about excuses, we're talking about Russia actively interfering in our election and one side is significantly downplaying it and not doing much at all about it.

Are you similarly interested in the fact that Ukraine 'interfered in our elections' (whatever that even means...)?

People who aver that 'Russia interfered in our elections' likely don't even know what that means. That 'Russia' posted some articles on RT which got picked up by others, and/or drew up some memes? If 'Russia' does that again, what's the action plan then? Shut down the Internet? Should we have a national fact-sorting commission to determine what is real and what isn't before publishing? Our own media somehow manages to get many facts wrong in their quest to take out Trump/conservatives and ends up walking back hundreds of false claims. The media for decades have called every national Republican of significance a racist. At some stage, people stop believing what you say/write.

Let me know what 'Russia' has done to change vote totals. If they are hacking machines, then I would agree, that is major. If a Russian journo says 'Hillary is awful', I am not sure that rises to high crimes and misdemeanors.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:24 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:32 pm
Nope. I'd vote for Biden.

And I voted for Obama first time. Second time, I skipped.

I do like Nikki Hailey...a lot.
of course you do know that she's an R, right? ;)

Yup. But I already said I'd vote for Biden over Trump (just don't think he will survive the media's and DNC's plan to have Warren on the ticket). I also really like Tulsi Gabbard. She's a Dem. I'd vote in order: Hailey (love her way too much), Biden, Gabbard, then Trump. And yes, everyone else below that.

(ps: not everyone votes according to Party).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm You're moving the goal posts. We were talking about the fact that Russia interfered with our elections and you move on to Hillary's campaigning or lack thereof. I'm no Hillary (or any legacy family) for the record.

We're not talking about excuses, we're talking about Russia actively interfering in our election and one side is significantly downplaying it and not doing much at all about it.

Are you similarly interested in the fact that Ukraine 'interfered in our elections' (whatever that even means...)?

People who aver that 'Russia interfered in our elections' likely don't even know what that means. That 'Russia' posted some articles on RT which got picked up by others, and/or drew up some memes? If 'Russia' does that again, what's the action plan then? Shut down the Internet? Should we have a national fact-sorting commission to determine what is real and what isn't before publishing? Our own media somehow manages to get many facts wrong in their quest to take out Trump/conservatives and ends up walking back hundreds of false claims. The media for decades have called every national Republican of significance a racist. At some stage, people stop believing what you say/write.

Let me know what 'Russia' has done to change vote totals. If they are hacking machines, then I would agree, that is major. If a Russian journo says 'Hillary is awful', I am not sure that rises to high crimes and misdemeanors.
Come on PB, you're smarter than this post.
Don't ignore what other posters have already responded to this line of cavalier dismissal.

If you really have a counterpoint, great, we're interested.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hailey as POTUS.

Crenshaw as VP.

I would vote this ticket 100x and on Sunday too. Appreciate both, and I believe both have gravitas and brains, and character.

Return to “POLITICS”