Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by DMac »

tech 37 wrote
Weird, just weird.
Yup, that's one way of putting it.

Geezuz, WOMS, my a*s*s is still stinging from such a severe spanking, albeit from a twisted story. Angry boy's gonna leave and build his own playgorund where only special folks with a password can come in and play. How special. Is it either or, or are they restricted to just your playground once they get their password?

Touting drugs...am on record several times as one who has never experimented with any drugs (because I'm scared of them) other than marijuana and alcohol, and I don't even drink liquor. The majority of the people agree with me in that marijuana should be legal which is why it is in many states, and will be in all sooner or later. My "touting" drugs is pure BS, just as "exhibits racism" is. How 'bout you go back and dig up an example of that surely you have a basis for your accusation.

You might call him a collegue, he might call you an ex-friend (you brought it up).
You call it an attack, I'd call it calling you out.

Do me a favor, don't let anyone use, heeeesback, as a password when you build your gated playground, I'd kinda like to use that one if it's okay with you.

Have a nice cruise.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm - Faceoffs should be fine or more than fine between Prouty and Narewski. Alex Woodall graduating might be the best news of the offseason—makes Towson a lot more beatable. However most of our other elite FOGO competition—Inacio, Arceri, etc.—is still around.

- Epstein and Williams showed a ton of chemistry toward the end of the season. Epstein was deservingly getting all the attention but Williams quietly had a very strong second half of 2019. Assuming his long hair was not the source of his ability, he should be able to continue that into 2020 now that he's used to playing alongside Epstein.

- I'm still not convinced that Smith slides into attack, but we'll see. This is where those attending the scrimmages can be of assistance and let us know how he's being deployed in the offense. He too came on quite strong toward the end of the year.

- I am deeply concerned about the foot speed of the close defense, particularly with respect to covering some of the best attackmen in the country (Sowers, Bernhardt, Ament, etc. You can scratch Michael Kraus off the list, but add Chris Gray at UNC.) I will probably get accused of being Foley's publicist at some point but the kid had quick feet and could match strides with the guys above. Can Rapine or Colwell? They're pretty big, athletic dudes but neither strike me as fleet of foot, especially in terms of the lateral quickness you need to stay on the hands of a Mike Sowers, for instance. Which one of those guys draws the #1 assignment? Colwell is the newly minted captain, but Rapine entered college with the pedigree and I think the perception is he will slide in as the top cover guy, though that's before anyone's seen anything of these freshmen.
I agree with the comments with respect to close D. Colwell or Rapine are both good defenders but won't be able to keep up with the guys you've mentioned (see Rapine vs Sowers their freshmen year game as proof). Some are assuming Reinson moves down, but he's not that guy either. Hard to know what they have in the wings.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 pm For those who asked, and it was several, thanks.

I intend to bail to another fallout shelter, one in which I can make it Hopkins ONLY, password protected, IP address checked, and private enough that maybe I can get HoB approved to link up his videos to a private, closed audience.

Note, HoB can still shoot in season, but he’s been pretty burned by this and I can empathize with how he feels. Happened to me at a Rutgers scrimmage in Feb 2005. And then it snowed on my way back to MD, and I asked myself why bother?
Uh, duh. If you google my channel, huntva, it comes up #1. Not
exactly a closed audience. Going to a Hopkins only forum would be stifling. Kind of like a windowless room without oxygen. We’re not the only team that matters.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Didn’t call me out. What you did was show how much of a dick you are.

You have perhaps one side from the clique of ineffectual mods, or, in your case, a mod who did nothing.

I reached out several times over the last year: PM, text, cell, home number, email. Heard in NOV through a post he’d lost weight in a bad way, reached out some more.

When I belatedly heard he’d passed, I was bummed, and spent some time pondering that while I was on a base a long damn way from the East Coast. I was planning a tribute, and was trying to recall the 20+ userIDs he had, and the story behind most of them. I did not have those notes with me given where I was, and so I was taking my time trying to recall as many as I could, asking others, when you decided to go FULL BLAST with your lowlife BS.

You even argued and said he only had 8 IDs. LMAO, he and I used to list them, and talk about the inside joke behind each one and who he had trolled (friendly usually) with each one of them.

At that point, with you engaged in BS, I said to hell with it. If he decided to go out that way, in silence, I respect that silence. So I canned any tribute. You can thank yourself for that.

You ought to know a lot more of the story and various viewpoints before thinking you are righteous enough to call someone out, especially in such circumstances.

You have proved yourself to be a lowlife jerk. You are a negative to this community. Continue with your fat shaming, calling out, and other BS. You are who you are. You can take everything you’ve done, and stick it squarely up your own ass sideways.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Boy, you tell stories like my grade school history books did. Like the one about the Indians and white folks having a big pass a dish feast, including a big fat turkey, and everything in the land was just hunky dorie. Called it all Thanksgiving, still a day we all feast but the stories around the Indian's table aren't told the way the books told it
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 pm Didn’t call me out. What you did was show how much of a dick you are.
The dick came out the day LP went out and FL came on. One jubilant dick (you) came out and told the world what a good day it was as all those a*s*shole mods were dead and couldn't make your life miserable anymore. You did get called out for that as the winner of The Biggest Dick Award.

You have perhaps one side from the clique of ineffectual mods, or, in your case, a mod who did nothing.
Perhaps is the key word there but it just aint so. Correct about the mod who did nothing....well, 'cept for your nineteen posts of cats licking their nutz I deleted.
I reached out several times over the last year: PM, text, cell, home number, email. Heard in NOV through a post he’d lost weight in a bad way, reached out some more.
So did I, spoke with him a number of times, lot of back and forth with PMs too. Must be he didn't want to communicate with you, eh?

When I belatedly heard he’d passed, I was bummed, and spent some time pondering that while I was on a base a long damn way from the East Coast. I was planning a tribute, and was trying to recall the 20+ userIDs he had, and the story behind most of them. I did not have those notes with me given where I was, and so I was taking my time trying to recall as many as I could, asking others, when you decided to go FULL BLAST with your lowlife BS.
Yup, remember that, never did come up with the 20, or 6, or 4.

You even argued and said he only had 8 IDs. LMAO, he and I used to list them, and talk about the inside joke behind each one and who he had trolled (friendly usually) with each one of them.
Nope, never said he only had eight cuz I don't know how many he had. You did say he had twenty though, sure not seeing why it was ever too late to list them.
At that point, with you engaged in BS, I said to hell with it. If he decided to go out that way, in silence, I respect that silence. So I canned any tribute. You can thank yourself for that.
Please...you sure as hell would never have stopped me from putting up a tribute for anyone. "I said to hell with it", I canned any tribute". Yes, you did.

You ought to know a lot more of the story and various viewpoints before thinking you are righteous enough to call someone out, especially in such circumstances.

You have proved yourself to be a lowlife jerk. You are a negative to this community. Continue with your fat shaming, calling out, and other BS. You are who you are. You can take everything you’ve done, and stick it squarely up your own ass sideways.
Right back at you, it's mutual.
Now let your Hop boys have their thread back.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm - Faceoffs should be fine or more than fine between Prouty and Narewski. Alex Woodall graduating might be the best news of the offseason—makes Towson a lot more beatable. However most of our other elite FOGO competition—Inacio, Arceri, etc.—is still around.

- Epstein and Williams showed a ton of chemistry toward the end of the season. Epstein was deservingly getting all the attention but Williams quietly had a very strong second half of 2019. Assuming his long hair was not the source of his ability, he should be able to continue that into 2020 now that he's used to playing alongside Epstein.

- I'm still not convinced that Smith slides into attack, but we'll see. This is where those attending the scrimmages can be of assistance and let us know how he's being deployed in the offense. He too came on quite strong toward the end of the year.
I agree with you about the face-offs, they should be strong next spring.
But I think you pretty much have to move Forry back to his natural position at attack and replace him with Zinn on the first line. Zinn is the only middie on the entire team who can beat his man and draw slides. That would open things up for DeSimone and Concannon. Zinn can also shoot from range. Forry would be a threat to score off the crease and teams would have to think twice about doubling up on Epstein as he comes around the goal. I'm convinced this would be the team's best distribution of its offensive resources. If Murphy can contribute as a freshman I would move him onto the second midfield line with Mabbet and Baskin, Degnon etc.
Of course none of this will matter if they don't find a way to fix the issues on defense.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Not going to miss you / you getting cremated or buried?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, another one of those mutual feelings deals, have fun at your very own gated playground.
To answer your question, neither, donated my body to Upstate Medical University. Should be a lot
they can learn from this brain, eh? Figure I can give the nurses a :o too.
8-)
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Enjoy your weed, watch for lung cancer.

Switch to suppositories. Fits your personality.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks, I'm good.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

DMac wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 am Thanks, I'm good.
JESUS,I keep waiting for 1 of the HOP faithful to send BOTH of you to your respective corners for timeout
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

I asked admin when the disgraceful fat shaming started.
DMac

Post by DMac »

If admin can't help you out, I can, it was when I said Dwan ate the strawberries.
Still down the 50 you dropped? Remember your telling me how much better
you felt when you did. Really makes a big difference with one's energy level, eh?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

It does.

Look, I’m on a first name basis with the staff, far beyond the men’s lacrosse staff, and I respectfully call them Coach when I see them.

All of the weight comments here have been disrespectful.

Sure, I’d like to see some of them in better shape,but the way you are going about conveying that message is demeaning, supercritical, and not funny, so that’s why several of us have asked you to stop.

Capiche?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, already knew about your being a big shot on a first name basis and all.
Have read all about how respectfully you speak of Coach and his BFF, BB too.
You tear Hop apart from their ugly women, to the AD, to the HC, to the donations
dept. I made a comment about Dwan eating the berries, really wasn't as big a deal
as you made it out to be.
Yup, I capiche.

Bon voyage.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Not a big shot at all. Just a friendly alum and supporter, albeit more critical of late, obviously.

But, keep in mind that the staff is hugely critical of themselves. They, too, want more.

I’ve been straight out informed by Coach that I’m not a VIP.

My best experiences were a few times with AD Bob Scott. He was delighted to tell me how he got the nickname chickenhead.

No reports from the scrimmage yet. The one spy I had in Philly couldn’t make it.

Sadly, and HoB’s incident does not help at all, but our diehard fanbase is diminishing. I would suspect mostly just parents attended today, and the jersey numbers were probably switched.

Omertà.
Laxsmitty

Post by Laxsmitty »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 pm Not a big shot at all. Just a friendly alum and supporter, albeit more critical of late, obviously.

But, keep in mind that the staff is hugely critical of themselves. They, too, want more.

I’ve been straight out informed by Coach that I’m not a VIP.

My best experiences were a few times with AD Bob Scott. He was delighted to tell me how he got the nickname chickenhead.

No reports from the scrimmage yet. The one spy I had in Philly couldn’t make it.

Sadly, and HoB’s incident does not help at all, but our diehard fanbase is diminishing. I would suspect mostly just parents attended today, and the jersey numbers were probably switched.

Omertà.
Having been at today's and other HOP games in the past 5yrs+ a couple of things I noticed. Hopkins should be embarrassed. Not with their play but with the coaching staff and the parents/supporters. This was a CHARITY EVENT for a great cause. But the head coach of Hopkins is once again losing his mind and yelling at the refs and the kids. What the heck!! It is a scrimmage event. The focus should be on the Head Strong Foundation. Instead the coaching staff is going out of their minds yelling at the refs and kids. How embarrassing. Add to that the parents/supporters yelling at the refs as well less than 5-minutes into the first game - please stop as spectators are there to watch a game not listen to you act like you are back on the summer lacrosse circuit yelling at the refs. Let your kids play and stop yelling at the refs. Be a good example to your kids. This was a scrimmage!! How obnoxious and disrespectful.

This coaching staff needs to GO! Petro's style of crushing kids confidence and then not building them back up as a team does not resonate anymore. This is partly why he has not won a championship as the kids don't want to listen to him and they are crushed for making a mistake. New AD of Hopkins needs to make the right decision and move on. My money will not be going to Hopkins as long as they remain.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I have to agree. I'm not a big fan of the Bobby Knight-like coaching style. With this said, Petro is far from alone.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Any news/observations on today"s scrimmages?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Petro has mellowed out SIGNIFICANTLY in the last few years. There are at least a few active coaches who are far worse than he in terms of sideline demeanor. In fact, the team was playing much better back in his Hulk-smash days, so I’m not sure I buy the argument that his temperament has much to do with the disappointing results on the field recently. I know for a fact having talked to the parents of a couple current players on the team that not only do they like the guy but that their kids like his intensity. It’s certainly not for everyone, but some guys do respond to it.

I would love to hear more about the scrimmages beyond gossip about who was yelling and who wasn’t.

It’s not the same as HOB’s but apparently Lax.com will have a highlight video up next week.

Based on the very brief clips the team put up on Instagram, they did indeed switch jersey numbers. There’s one snippet of what looks like a Cole Williams goal to beat the buzzer. Couldn’t make much else out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”