Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

Post by Brooklyn »

Pitiful! :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trump's conspiracy theories thrive in Ukraine, where a young democracy battles corruption and distrust
We talked with two dozen leaders and investigators in Ukraine. They all agree the claims against Joe and Hunter Biden are baseless. Yet they persist.

Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 851728002/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:32 pm Trump's conspiracy theories thrive in Ukraine, where a young democracy battles corruption and distrust
We talked with two dozen leaders and investigators in Ukraine. They all agree the claims against Joe and Hunter Biden are baseless. Yet they persist.

Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 851728002/

Not surprised. Biden's poll numbers haven't moved because of this accusation of Trump's. I have said it before, Biden can come out of this much stronger if he is clean and he pushes back. Innuendo and the right's standard BS is not going to sink Biden with the white working class, the way it did Hillary. These people have had a relationship with Biden longer than Trump's and he is generally well thought of. Many of them will believe Biden over Trump. Trump's attempt to smear Biden if he can't make it stick, will show Trump's supporters (white working class) what a scum bag he is. Trump's strategy is not without danger to himself. This is not the layup that Hillary was.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Saw Carville on TV last night, he thinks (and I agree) that Biden should be pushing back on Trump by saying "Trump is a chicken-sh*t who's afraid of me", instead of "Trump is being mean to me by insulting my family". (Remember how well that latter strategy worked for Cruz in the primary?)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm Saw Carville on TV last night, he thinks (and I agree) that Biden should be pushing back on Trump by saying "Trump is a chicken-sh*t who's afraid of me", instead of "Trump is being mean to me by insulting my family". (Remember how well that latter strategy worked for Cruz in the primary?)
I think that is generally thought to be the case. Biden needs to take it to Trump a little harder. He has had a pretty good few days moving in that direction I think.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He’s too old. They’re both too old. American needs a real president who does the homework.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DMac

Post by DMac »

Agree, Joe just isn't the guy. Not sure you could have scripted a better VP for Barack. Like Penn and Teller, a perfect fit, with the diversity element for asthetics. Joe did his bit, had a nice ride, now just needs to ride off for the benefit of all. I believe the presidency is the Ds to lose, really believe there's regret from a lot of folks who voted this Complete Horsesa*s*s in, as he's turned out to be exactly what they thought he'd be but on steriods, and it's not good. The real estate tycoon thinks all of the land from sea to shining sea and beyond is all his and he'll run the kingdom as he sees fit. Just don't know how you can look at this self absorbed, narcissist and not see him as person who should be nowhere near the White House, let alone the Oval Office.
If the Ds lose this one, I don't see how there's any hope for them. Joe could lose, don't think Liz is the right person either. Tulsi needs more exposure, I think she brings the right energy, and I don't think Donnie Doofus could handle her. JMHO.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:34 pm don't think Liz is the right person either. Tulsi needs more exposure, I think she brings the right energy, and I don't think Donnie Doofus could handle her. JMHO.
ALL this.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

HooDat wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:34 pm don't think Liz is the right person either. Tulsi needs more exposure, I think she brings the right energy, and I don't think Donnie Doofus could handle her. JMHO.
ALL this.
Tulsi's problem is she is so mistrusted within the party that she has no real hope (visit with Assad...). She also has a lot of baggage from some prior anti LBGT positions that she pushed hard early in her political career. Although she has changed positions on the LGBT rights issue, the trust has yet to appear.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:14 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm
ALL this.
Tulsi's problem is she is so mistrusted within the party that she has no real hope (visit with Assad...). She also has a lot of baggage from some prior anti LBGT positions that she pushed hard early in her political career. Although she has changed positions on the LGBT rights issue, the trust has yet to appear.
Exactly. Wouldn't keep me from voting for her if she were the nominee, I'd give her a chance, but I doubt she has any chance prior to 2024. She needs to be positioning herself for SECDEF or VP.
calourie

Post by calourie »

The Biden(s) corruption issue looks to be blowing up in Donald's face. Trump isn't likely to lose his hard-core base no matter what he says or does or has done, but with the emerging Giuliani mess the idea of convincing anyone else that the Dumpster himself isn't perhaps the most corrupt POTUS on record seems an unreachable stretch. As media savvy as he has been in beating Hilary and rendering the Republican congress people feckless, I don't see an evidence he has the "infinite wisdom" he claims he has to avoid the conspiracy train wreck unfolding around him.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Trinity wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:11 pm He’s too old. They’re both too old. American needs a real president who does the homework.
Has anyone noticed the three leading dem candidates are 78, 76 & 70yr Old White people? Unless warren is hanging onto that Native American nut like a squirrel in winter.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 am
Trinity wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:11 pm He’s too old. They’re both too old. American needs a real president who does the homework.
Has anyone noticed the three leading dem candidates are 78, 76 & 70yr Old White people? Unless warren is hanging onto that Native American nut like a squirrel in winter.
Maybe old white people are the only stupid ones? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

My understanding is that Warren has been told in no uncertain terms by the Cherokee to knock it off. Even she understands she can't bend the truth around that.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Has anyone noticed the three leading dem candidates are 78, 76 & 70yr Old White people?
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about their ages. We're going to have two 70+ year olds running against each other in the general with Trump at 73 unless Trump gets kicked out on his tuchus.

We' may once again have the oldest president in history at the time of inauguration.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Has anyone noticed the three leading dem candidates are 78, 76 & 70yr Old White people?
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about their ages. We're going to have two 70+ year olds running against each other in the general with Trump at 73 unless Trump gets kicked out on his tuchus.

We' may once again have the oldest president in history at the time of inauguration.
Not that I'm any spring chicken coming on 62, but it's time for another generation to get the reins.

On the homework, Warren clearly does hers in spades, but I don't like all her answers.

She's gonna get ripped on the public only plan...she would be wise to back off the rigidity there, and soon.
Maybe that happens if Bernie fades enough and the far left lane is all hers.
Perhaps she'll move back towards the middle left where any such policy will end up anyway.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Crenshaw and Halley fit that bill quite nicely.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:50 pm
holmes435 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Not that I'm any spring chicken coming on 62, but it's time for another generation to get the reins.

On the homework, Warren clearly does hers in spades, but I don't like all her answers.

She's gonna get ripped on the public only plan...she would be wise to back off the rigidity there, and soon.
Maybe that happens if Bernie fades enough and the far left lane is all hers.
Perhaps she'll move back towards the middle left where any such policy will end up anyway.
She will moderate if she wins the nomination. Doing away with private insurance is not going to fly anytime soon with the democratic party. There is an answer to the septagenarian problem. Amy Klobuchur. Really surprised she hasn't picked up more support. Another candidate who has suffered from the number of candidates in the field.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Isn’t that what lots of people said about trump going in? That he will moderate in office? That’s a weak support to vote for her. Have to accept what people say.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Newt Gingrich: Joe Biden is in a 'mess' that won't be easy to get out of

The punchline -
"The news media, which always tried to protect Bill and Hillary Clinton, is trying to protect Joe Biden and trying to protect Hunter. You don't exactly see the news media fall all over themselves to protect any Republican," he said.
:lol:

Return to “POLITICS”