DARTMOUTH 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: DARTMOUTH 2020

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:09 am I know nothing about Dartmouth but know allot about BC. Sorry to interject my 2 cents;
IMHO having played for a college football HOF coach you have a leader;
Unfortunately you are paying and have paid for his learning curve;
If this was Power5 he would be gone;
The leash is short but by the lates posts, sounds like good progress and looking forward to seeing and reading about success.
No I am not related before someone asks, he helped my kid reach the NCAA’s and graduate college which is the most important to me in lax
Best of luck
Sometimes it takes time for the results to catch up to the work. Dartmouth has made progress. We will see if the momentum continues in 2020.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Blackdoglax

Post by Blackdoglax »

Looking at your roster...it looks like the Dartmouth coaching staff does not know NJ....which is odd since Callahan was at Lehigh???

Just an observation. Also they only have three PA kids doubly odd since the Lehigh and Bucknell connection.....perhaps I am wrong but even when Towers was there I noticed a lack of interest in two of the biggest HS lacrosse markets.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Long Island sent quite few guys to Hanover over the past 10 years.Some had problems (healthwise) ,a couple of 'em caused problems and one that disappointed.That kid is working his chords off to improve.Rogan (Chaminade) is a talent.

I hope the DC staff spends more time down here.Plenty of talent that are damn good students.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

MDlax put it best with "I don't really care where the kids are from who choose Dartmouth... We want the best student-athletes, regardless of region"

And I also agree with everyone else... Not enough recruits from New England Prep... not enough from NJ or DC or MD or CA etc!

With that said, I will give credit to Coach Conner. So far I've been seeing him hit the recruiting circuit hard and I like it! Will be interesting to see if BC can develop it into IL wins!
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

RumorMill wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:09 pm MDlax put it best with "I don't really care where the kids are from who choose Dartmouth... We want the best student-athletes, regardless of region"

And I also agree with everyone else... Not enough recruits from New England Prep... not enough from NJ or DC or MD or CA etc!

With that said, I will give credit to Coach Conner. So far I've been seeing him hit the recruiting circuit hard and I like it! Will be interesting to see if BC can develop it into IL wins!
+1!!!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Atticus wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 pm
RumorMill wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:09 pm MDlax put it best with "I don't really care where the kids are from who choose Dartmouth... We want the best student-athletes, regardless of region"

+1!!!!
We had a very enjoyable time last night with a good group of Balt-DC region former players from as far back as the early '70's to a 2016 alum, and a couple of current parents as well.

Brendan, Joe, and Nate attended and I think had a really good opportunity to relax. They had been working both sessions of the National High Lacrosse Showcase, certainly one of the top 4 premiere high school recruiting events, featuring most all of the best high school teams from the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic as well as elsewhere. Tourney wraps today.

We had a great opportunity to get a sense of each of the coaches and their perspectives and energy about the program. Everything from the challenges they've faced, philosophy, to recruiting, etc. I think we took away quite a lot of enthusiasm for the progress that's been made, the 'equity' that has been built with Admissions and the Administration, the development of players and the spirit they're bringing to the mission, etc.

We also had some interesting discussions about the evolution of the game at all levels, trends in recruiting and transfers, etc. Couple of alums who are coaches in premiere HS programs in the region added to the overall 'lax IQ' of the discussions.

As the evening wore on into night time a lot of old stories were shared about our Dartmouth experiences on and off the field. Much laughter. Fun.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just received the following announcement, all part of Dartmouth's 250th celebration.
Exclusive to Friends of Dartmouth Lacrosse...if you're not a member, let me know and I can point you in the right direction!
That's both Men's and Women's programs.

Join Dartmouth Lacrosse in NYC on November 9!
We are less than four months away from Dartmouth Football vs. Princeton at historic Yankee Stadium on November 9!

All Friends of Dartmouth Lacrosse are invited to an exclusive reception at the Yankee Tavern prior to the game. Space is limited, so register today if you plan to join the thousands of Dartmouth alumni and friends gathering in the Bronx in what is expected to be one of the largest Dartmouth gatherings in years! Details for the reception and football game are below.

PRE-GAME RECEPTION
Join fellow Dartmouth lacrosse alumni, parents and friends for an open bar (beer and wine), terrific food and unmatched camaraderie at our pre-game reception!
• Location: Yankee Tavern, 72 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY (steps from Yankee Stadium)
• Date/Time: Saturday, November 9 from 12:00-2:30pm.
• Cost: $75 per person, $60 for young alumni (Classes 2015-19). Includes an open bar of beer and wine as well as a wide assortment of terrific food.
• Register: Space is limited so register today!

FOOTBALL GAME
• Kickoff: 3:30pm (gates open at 1:30pm).
• Tickets: Game tickets can be purchased here (full seating map).
• Additional Information: Check out the football game FAQ page.

REGISTER FOR THE RECEPTION

Support Dartmouth Sports
Dartmouth Lacrosse
6083 Alumni Gym
Hanover
NH
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Just to keep this thread up to date:

Mitchell Myers: 2019 Dartmouth Commit (FO) write up from IL Committed Academy.

He was one of the stars of the Epoch Inside Lacrosse Committed Academy, winning most of his draws, scoring, and showcasing hustle all weekend. He’s athletic and quick on the draw, and he can take it down and score. What might have been most impressive was that he never wore down — whether opening face-off or fourth quarter, or the last day of the event, he was just as consistent. He will be a welcome addition to a Dartmouth team that has shown improvement in recruiting.
Was named to All-Tournament Team at Epoch IL Committed Academy.

Kudos to Coach Conner!
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Welcome to Matt.

We could certainly use help at X. (Understatement emoji)

An unfortunate injury to possibly the top FOGO (Chabot) last year arguably crushed this aspect of play for the Big Green. May not be back. Other FOGO's didn't break 40% individually, 30% overall and just 22% in Ivies. Chabot might not have as well...

Bottomline, really can't win with those stats.

Apparently two excellent FOGO's in this year's freshman class as well as the guys who were on the field last year, including Kiernan Gunn as a junior. Gunn handled the biggest load in 2019 winning 62 of 167, 37.1%. With work and good X coaching, that could well be improved.

And the freshmen should help a ton.

So Matt's arrival is timely!
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Looks like the Big Green schedule has been posted: https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/9/30 ... r-rizzotti
https://dartmouthsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1643

Opening game at Merrimack, recent D2 champs who are going D1. Bryant and Holy Cross scheduled, and nice to see Vermont back on the slate. The big addition though must be the Tar Heels in Chapel Hill.
njlax1234

Post by njlax1234 »

Anybody know anything about any of the 2020 or 2021 recruits. I know people are talking about Dartmouth changing the culture, but this doesn’t seem to be reflected in their inactivity with recruiting.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

njlax1234 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 pm Anybody know anything about any of the 2020 or 2021 recruits. I know people are talking about Dartmouth changing the culture, but this doesn’t seem to be reflected in their inactivity with recruiting.
On paper their '19 class set a good precedent and "starting" point. We will of course see if they can help make an impact over the next 4 years. Regarding 2020, a quick IL look shows three 4 star recruits, one a JHU flip another an OSU flip... so I would say they are headed in the right direction. 2021 is still early, but from what I've been seeing with Coach Conner I would expect continued improvement on the recruiting front. I know it's not in the culture, but I would love to see the Big Green consider 1 or 2 strong transfers over the next few years to bolster areas in need of experience!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RumorMill wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 pm
njlax1234 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 pm Anybody know anything about any of the 2020 or 2021 recruits. I know people are talking about Dartmouth changing the culture, but this doesn’t seem to be reflected in their inactivity with recruiting.
On paper their '19 class set a good precedent and "starting" point. We will of course see if they can help make an impact over the next 4 years. Regarding 2020, a quick IL look shows three 4 star recruits, one a JHU flip another an OSU flip... so I would say they are headed in the right direction. 2021 is still early, but from what I've been seeing with Coach Conner I would expect continued improvement on the recruiting front. I know it's not in the culture, but I would love to see the Big Green consider 1 or 2 strong transfers over the next few years to bolster areas in need of experience!
That's my sense as well.
Not sure where you get "inactivity" njlax.

On transfers, our competitors have certainly been active in this regard.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:35 amBut no worries, the basement is the basement.
FYI, we're using a different (and, I believe, better) system now (which is not based on "Points" but on best wins and worst losses) and Dartmouth is no longer on the bottom. http://app.fanlax.com/category/ranking/9/2019
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:35 amBut no worries, the basement is the basement.
FYI, we're using a different (and, I believe, better) system now (which is not based on "Points" but on best wins and worst losses) and Dartmouth is no longer on the bottom. http://app.fanlax.com/category/ranking/9/2019
climbing... ;)

Looking for more W's this year.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:07 pm
On transfers, our competitors have certainly been active in this regard.
What's the saying?? "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"... :lol:

Hopefully we can just beat them either way!
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Anyone heading to Yankee Stadium this Saturday for the Dartmouth v. Princeton football game? Repeat of last year’s Battle of the Unbeaten’s (Dartmouth eked by Harvard on a last second 0:00 Hail Mary last Saturday- see YouTube) with the winner having a good chance to take the Ivy crown if they continue to take care of business. Friends of Dartmouth Lacrosse having a big “tailgate” at a restaurant beforehand, with supposedly 150+ already signed up. Big day in the Bronx for football 🏈 (college football celebrates 150 years) - and Dartmouth which is celebrating the 250th anniversary of its founding. College!
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

I won't believe Dartmouth is even a little bit serious about lacrosse until the start recruiting Native Americans like it's founders mission statement claims to make.

Instead they get kids that played at a "showcase" this past weekend because the Dartmouth Indians (old mascot ??) like them full pay, prep school kids.
it's endowment is too small for aid.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

ABV...some homework for you...

https://students.dartmouth.edu/nap/about/history

Highlight: "when John G. Kemeny became the 13th president of Dartmouth College in 1970. In his inaugural address, he pledged to redress the historical lack of opportunities for Native Americans in higher education. In recommitting Dartmouth to its founding purpose, John Kemeny established a Native American Program at the College and directed the Admissions Office to begin actively recruiting Indian students for the very first time. In the 48 years that have passed since former President Kemeny's historical address, Dartmouth's commitment to Indian education has remained strong. In this brief time, nearly 700 Native Americans from over 200 different tribes have attended Dartmouth, more than at all the other Ivy League institutions combined".

It's not about Native American's who play lacrosse, it's about Native Americans having educational opportunities at the highest level.

Regarding endowment, Dartmouth's paltry $5.2 billion endowment which is ranked #22 in America (out of 5,300 colleges and universities), just behind #21 USC and just ahead of #23 "The" Ohio State University....is indeed a disgraceful disgusting disgrace! :D :shock:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”