College Box

D1 Mens Lacrosse
hooligan88

College Box

Post by hooligan88 »

So the CCBLL had the draft and had the first games. Here is the link www.ncbs.tv . here is another https://ncbs.tv/federation/17/schedule . The league is really good. Trevor Baptiste played in it last year. Quite a few names are on the teams. I really like this league. We may need a new section for this imo.
10stone5

Re: College Box

Post by 10stone5 »

Interesting league or leagues actually.
I’ll have to follow them more.

I tend to follow the more conventional British Colombia Junior A & B box lacrosse leagues.
And to a lesser extent, the Ontario box lacrosse league. Of course, these leagues are almost all Canadian, with many top college lacrosse players as well as some Canadians who likely are just matriculating through to the pro leagues. But, some Americans have made it up north to get some box experience in the summer leagues.

This is great alternative for college kids in those areas to get the stick skills, that really, only box lacrosse has to offer — that fine tuned, passing, catching and shooting in very tight spaces. You’re simply not going to get that experience in the field game.
Laxfandad

Re: College Box

Post by Laxfandad »

In the Fall, I would like to see regional located box tourney featuring NCAA schools. Have a location North East, Baltimore, maybe in PA. If you could get 8 teams per site and play games through a weekend. Teams would need 15-18 players which shouldn't be impossible from 40-60 man rosters. Many schools are doing box-like practices already. Make these hours part of their allotment of practice hours in the Fall. If it catches on, which I think it would. Name it after David Huntley.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”