Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
NovaHound

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by NovaHound »

You heard it here first - Najee Taylor is going to be fine. He'll make an impact. So will Pacheco...
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Calling all dawgs!
Old timer throw around, festivities, and this year's Greyhounds vs Young Alumni game!
6-11 pm this Friday, Sept 27.
Be there to support this year's squad and get a first look at all the young pups!!

RSVP requested:

https://alumni.loyola.edu/s/958/16/inte ... calcid=895
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Gerry Case Memorial Golf Tournament

28 Sept. RSVP:

https://alumni.loyola.edu/s/958/16/inte ... calcid=895
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:01 am You heard it here first - Najee Taylor is going to be fine. He'll make an impact. So will Pacheco...
Good that you mentioned him

Pacheco is the 9th best rated FO guy in this class this year. I find it displeasing that despite this validation, he and multiple Loyola players ranked in the top 50 at their positions so far, were either left off the top 100 or in the upper 90's.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:25 am
NovaHound wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:01 am You heard it here first - Najee Taylor is going to be fine. He'll make an impact. So will Pacheco...

Pacheco is the 9th best rated FO guy in this class this year. I find it displeasing that despite this validation, he and multiple Loyola players ranked in the top 50 at their positions so far, were either left off the top 100 or in the upper 90's.
You sound like a little school girl crying about your recruits.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Loyola leads the nation in crying about lack of respect. Who really gives a crap about recruit rankings? They make no goddamn sense. Not to pick on Harvard, but they have brought in between 7 to 8 "top 100 guys" every goddamn year for the past decade according to guru Ty Xanders. And what do they have to show for it, besides a 43-43 record over the last 6 years and a loss to powerhouse Dartmouth along the way?

The rankings are meaningless. Toomey recruits great players every year and wins every year. The fact that Ty Xanders doesn't recognize these players as great in high school is a joke.

I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know, but about 40% of the top 100 guys every year have close to ZERO impact on the programs that recruit them. Look it up.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Lenwood117 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:37 am

It’s called being passionate about your school’s team, from their recruiting to their on field success. Maybe you should try it some time. Won’t be so snarky and bitter
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am
Lenwood117 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:37 am

It’s called being passionate about your school’s team, from their recruiting to their on field success. Maybe you should try it some time. Won’t be so snarky and bitter
I have passion for team, but more then that I trust the coaching staff in their recruiting process. Good kids on an off the field.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Lenwood117 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:22 pm
I have passion for team

Which team is that?
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

In their short IG clips, you can spot a couple new numbers on the field, but looks like Jack Raba, Lindley and Olmstead were on attack for the alumni game, with Najee Taylor, Riley Cox, Adam Wagner, Adam Poitras, as part of the midfield units. Interesting set pieces for sure in the small glimpse we see.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:22 am In their short IG clips, you can spot a couple new numbers on the field, but looks like Jack Raba, Lindley and Olmstead were on attack for the alumni game, with Najee Taylor, Riley Cox, Adam Wagner, Adam Poitras, as part of the midfield units. Interesting set pieces for sure in the small glimpse we see.
Went to the alumni game, it was great to see old friends... Thanks for all the alumni that came back..This is my take...

Middies.. Vanarsdale, ran all the middies with the first line... Swindel, Bateman, Cain, Cox, James, Taylor and Seay. Wigley was in street clothes. IMO is that it is wide open, No middie stood out as a leader. Cain was a two way middie, similar to what swindell did last year

Attack: LIndley, Olmstead and rotated Kamish and Raba. Raba looks quicker, but Kamish has a nice shot. Question is why was Pridemore in street clothes.

Goalie: it is shaffers to lose

D. Mcnulty, hughes, wyers, rezanka, millhouse all solid

FOGO Nice to have help for Salvio, the freshman did well
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:10 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:22 am In their short IG clips, you can spot a couple new numbers on the field, but looks like Jack Raba, Lindley and Olmstead were on attack for the alumni game, with Najee Taylor, Riley Cox, Adam Wagner, Adam Poitras, as part of the midfield units. Interesting set pieces for sure in the small glimpse we see.
Went to the alumni game, it was great to see old friends... Thanks for all the alumni that came back..This is my take...

Middies.. Vanarsdale, ran all the middies with the first line... Swindel, Bateman, Cain, Cox, James, Taylor and Seay. Wigley was in street clothes. IMO is that it is wide open, No middie stood out as a leader. Cain was a two way middie, similar to what swindell did last year

Attack: LIndley, Olmstead and rotated Kamish and Raba. Raba looks quicker, but Kamish has a nice shot. Question is why was Pridemore in street clothes.

Goalie: it is shaffers to lose

D. Mcnulty, hughes, wyers, rezanka, millhouse all solid

FOGO Nice to have help for Salvio, the freshman did well

Wasn't there as I am on the road, so appreciate all these comments and vids! Shafer really looks large in that goal. That defense is phenomenal!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

S/O Colton Teitelbaum for being ranked #9 in the top 20 freshman goalie rankings on IL today. I think he can become a solid goaltender this year under Toomey's tutelage
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Attended the Alumni game - Alumni team had some pretty darn good players on it (former All Americans) so it wasn't a cake walk for this year's Hounds. Drapeau - blanketed by a defensman and still gets his shot off - Dang! I was trying to key in on the new faces but for my two cents - Lindley and Olmstead picked up where they left off last year. Raba looked quick - nice diving goal. Liam Bateman and Millhouse saw a lot of time on the field. good hustle. Lots of players rotating in and out so it was hard to focus, although it is hard for me to focus anyway. Goalie looked good and had some nice outlet passes. FOGOs - good Unit. Middies - they all seem athletic, lot of depth. McNulty - he had some amazing plays to keep the ball in play. Keep him healthy. Johnson also looked good as the other LSM. Middleton was in street clothes. Close D was good - Wyers, Hughes, LeBlanc (Railly in street clothes) but they are young and need to be more vocal. Of course Stover set a pretty high bar when it came to field communication :lol:

Will be interesting to see how they fare in the scrimmage against in Villanova in two weeks. Of course these games mean nothing but it is fun to get a preview.

Overall Assessment - Nice Freshman class - Hounds got some players to add to the mix. Plenty of depth. No drop off in talent. :) :D
loyolapride2015

Post by loyolapride2015 »

I was at he Loyola scrimmage! I was impressed with some of their transition and quick offense type sets. I’m sure some of that is because they probably don’t have too many offense of sets in the playbook right now. They have a barn full of mids that seem to get up and down really well. They’ll definitely be some new players make an impact at the midfield position for sure. Some are definitely more offensive than others but there certainly great depth at that position. Schaeffer looks like he solidified that starting role. Bailey Savio was dominate. Lindley looks incredible, and will have a big year. It is so hard to slide off of him. Olmsted has some nice goals but also turns it over a good amount. He forces a lot of passes and probably feels like all the players have to run through him to create offense. I think he’s trying to take the quarterback roll over for Spencer, but I’m not sure if he’s got that ability to feeds like Pat. We will see! Raba looks like bigger and stronger athlete then the others. He had a great goal, and seems smart with the ball in and out of his stick. i was impressed with him. Another impressive attackmen is Portraits. Really Good at the two man game on that high wing. You also has a very good softball sense and seems to get a good space is a lot. Good to see in a young player. Kamish looks very solid, and had a nice outside shot. I did not see Pridemore in the scrimmage. I think the defense will be very strong this year headed by McNulty and Wyers. Both are all American caliber poles and aggressive takeaway men. defensively at times some of the others got beat For some easy goals. I was impressed with the short stick the mids for Loyola as they all seem very athletic, and could run the field in transition. I’m sure as the fall continues they will start to tighten that up and play better team defense. It’s going to be a good year for Loyola as they continue to develop as a team. They will I start to figure out the pieces. All and all the Hounds are looking good this year even with all their graduation.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Great article and exactly what we have been saying.

The unknown is, will Lindley and Olmstead be natural leaders? I think they will.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Yeah - PB, we called it right. New season and new outlook. Coaches are excited.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:09 pm

Great article and exactly what we have been saying.

The unknown is, will Lindley and Olmstead be natural leaders? I think they will.
From what i have seen and heard, is that Lindley and Olmstead are leaders by example and hard work, which will rub off on the others. The coaches are excited because the it will truly be a team. (you can read between the lines). Toomey and the coaches do a great job developing players and putting a top notch program on the field year in and year out
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Very true and telling:
“With Chase, you had a very talented player who really scored a lot of goals that were created out of the two-man game with Pat,” Toomey said. “I don’t know if we’re built to play like that, anyway. We don’t have a Pat to run pick-and-rolls with. We have to ask our middies to be unselfish with the ball and find the right look for Loyola.”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”