Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by foreverlax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:23 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:46 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm Please listen...CAREFULLY...to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) fascinating comment. :?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... a-vpx.wfor
The ultimate bull shirt.

"Russia -- if you can hear me, please hack the Democrats."

That's illegal. Per Rubio, though, it isn't. Because it wasn't a real request. It was just a joke. So it doesn't count.

Only problem is that the Russians (and the Ukes and the Chinese) didn't think/know it was a joke. They all acted in response to the "jokes." Why? Because the "jokes" look exactly like what "real" stuff would look like.

Much of the racist/crazy/stupid/gross/illegal stuff Trump says is later excused because he was just "joking." Even though no one except Trumpsters can tell the difference.

For some reason, only Trump toadies have the secret de-coder ring (which only works if the cover-up mode has been activated) to tell when the leader of the free world is in stand-up comic mode. Such a modern meta problem we have. Trump is just so tragically mis-understood.

The even better one is Chris Christie.

Before the Uke transcript comes out, Christie on ABC TV tape says it would only be a problem if Trump said something like "could you do me a favor?" After the transcript comes out, Christie says the "favor" line would only be a problem if Christie himself said it, because Christie would never talk that way. But Trump's a business guy, so no problem -- "that's just the way Trump talks and does business."

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/09/chr ... talks.html

What the heck Chris?
Guy is running the country like he runs his schlocky businesses.
Chris says, that is just the way he is. Then he says he would never do that. He didn't say that it would be ok if he did it or if anyone else did it.

The sin of omission....the real question someone should ask him, "why wouldn't you do it Chris?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:33 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm Please listen...CAREFULLY...to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) fascinating comment. :?

The ultimate bull shirt.

That's illegal. Per Rubio, though, it isn't. Because it wasn't a real request. It was just a joke. So it doesn't count.

Only problem is that the Russians (and the Ukes and the Chinese) didn't think/know it was a joke. They all acted in response to the "jokes." Why? Because the "jokes" look exactly like what "real" stuff would look like.

Much of the racist/crazy/stupid/gross/illegal stuff Trump says is later excused because he was just "joking." Even though no one except Trumpsters can tell the difference.

For some reason, only Trump toadies have the secret de-coder ring (which only works if the cover-up mode has been activated) to tell when the leader of the free world is in stand-up comic mode. Such a modern meta problem we have. Trump is just so tragically mis-understood.

Before the Uke transcript comes out, Christie on ABC TV tape says it would only be a problem if Trump said something like "could you do me a favor?" After the transcript comes out, Christie says the "favor" line would only be a problem if Christie himself said it, because Christie would never talk that way. But Trump's a business guy, so no problem -- "that's just the way Trump talks and does business."

What the heck Chris?
Chris says, that is just the way he is. Then he says he would never do that. He didn't say that it would be ok if he did it or if anyone else did it.

The sin of omission....the real question someone should ask him, "why wouldn't you do it Chris?
I told my hayseed friends this is what they would see. They knew him from TV...I tried to tell them. Awful human being with no morals, no ethics, no empathy and no conscience and self centered. Guy cares about Donald Trump and that’s it. Including his kids.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:51 pm

The ultimate bull shirt.

What the heck Chris?

I told my hayseed friends this is what they would see. They knew him from TV...I tried to tell them. Awful human being with no morals, no ethics, no empathy and no conscience and self centered. Guy cares about Donald Trump and that’s it. Including his kids.
"Awful human being with no morals, no ethics, no empathy and no conscience and self centered."
Hell using that criteria Trump should have been a perfect fit in the land of Washington DC. I wonder where it all went wrong? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:01 pm

The ultimate bull shirt.

What the heck Chris?

"Awful human being with no morals, no ethics, no empathy and no conscience and self centered."
Hell using that criteria Trump should have been a perfect fit in the land of Washington DC. I wonder where it all went wrong? :roll:
You believe Trump is of the same character as the Bush family? I worked with one of the Bush’s they are not that kind of people.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump told House Republicans that he made his now infamous phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the urging of Energy Secretary Rick Perry — a call Trump claimed he didn't even want to make, Axios reports. Star of the Apprentice drags Dancing With the Stars loser into national security scandal. Apparently Rick Perry has a real grudge against Hunter Biden. Who knew. It’s not Democrats who think Trump voters are stupid.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:54 pm Trump told House Republicans that he made his now infamous phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the urging of Energy Secretary Rick Perry — a call Trump claimed he didn't even want to make, Axios reports. Star of the Apprentice drags Dancing With the Stars loser into national security scandal. Apparently Rick Perry has a real grudge against Hunter Biden. Who knew. It’s not Democrats who think Trump voters are stupid.
I have not been following any of this today. Assuming I haven't missed something else, it looks like Orange Duce has thrown both his VP and his Secretary of Energy under the bus. I assume Perry telling the House he would cooperate is the reason Perry is leaving DOE and Trump is acting as "first mover" on the this story.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trump cutting NSA staff.

Oh yeah. No problems here. Let's get rid of the CIA and FBI while we're at it.....and anyone else who was mean to Trump.

Excited to hear the spin when people start getting killed because of this stuff. It's not like we have to worry about terrorism, or threats to our election systems.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... RKFfd_2CRI
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Yet another article from WaPo - this time outlining the large effort behind the attempt to gain a 2020 political advantage turned into a "political storm."

Holding Ukraine hostage: How the president and his allies, chasing 2020 ammunition, fanned a political storm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Puts together what we have learning in a very short time about the mess Trump is in. Great reporting, and I don't see this getting any better for Trump with respect to a House vote on impeachment. The only question to me is whether the Rs in the Senate will still hang on to their delusion that this stuff is OK or do the right thing and remove Trump from office.
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's about whether McConnell thinks the political calculus will work in his favor.

He's not smart enough to understand that it is.

I think we're dealing with this all through next year.

As for TrumpFans? They will spin any----and I do mean ANY-----story that comes their way in Trump's favor. It does not matter what comes out.

These people left the stadium two full years ago.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump/Giuliani plan was to have the Ukrainian government announce the investigation as if the US wasn’t involved. As if it had come from within. Then Team Trump could pile on, wailing about Biden corruption, Russian innocence.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 pm

The ultimate bull shirt.

What the heck Chris?

You believe Trump is of the same character as the Bush family? I worked with one of the Bush’s they are not that kind of people.
You must not have been on this board when GWB was president. He was disemboweled here on a daily basis. I believe the FLP group think was that GWB was a complete dumbass that could not tie his own shoes. After starting a war with Iraq the consensus of many folks here was that GWB had no morals. ethics, empathy and no conscience whatsoever. He was just protecting the interest of all of his big oil friends. Personally, I am not passing judgement on GWB. I am only informing you what the consensus opinion on this forum was. they even gave him that adorable nickname of shrub. Too bad you were not around to defend GWB at that time. Friends of GWB on the laxpower pages were few and far between.

For the record IMO Dubya is a very respectable and decent man. I would never suggest you say that openly on these pages... you may also find yourself trying to keep your innards from falling out.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:03 pm Trump cutting NSA staff.

Oh yeah. No problems here. Let's get rid of the CIA and FBI while we're at it.....and anyone else who was mean to Trump.

Excited to hear the spin when people start getting killed because of this stuff. It's not like we have to worry about terrorism, or threats to our

Have you read Bill Burns book yet ?
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/04/17/th ... diplomacy/
Burns recounts how the NSC grew in size and influence during his 30 years in government. It frequently crowds out the diplomatic voices coming from the State Department, as happened during deliberations surrounding the expansion of NATO and the war in Iraq.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I was guilty of that., cradle. Livid that he invaded. Tainted my opinion of everything he did.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 pm

The ultimate bull shirt.

What the heck Chris?

You must not have been on this board when GWB was president. He was disemboweled here on a daily basis. I believe the FLP group think was that GWB was a complete dumbass that could not tie his own shoes. After starting a war with Iraq the consensus of many folks here was that GWB had no morals. ethics, empathy and no conscience whatsoever. He was just protecting the interest of all of his big oil friends. Personally, I am not passing judgement on GWB. I am only informing you what the consensus opinion on this forum was. they even gave him that adorable nickname of shrub. Too bad you were not around to defend GWB at that time. Friends of GWB on the laxpower pages were few and far between.

For the record IMO Dubya is a very respectable and decent man. I would never suggest you say that openly on these pages... you may also find yourself trying to keep your innards from falling out.
Yes, W was indeed pretty terrible policy-wise, and he deserved most of the criticism. Even with his faults W is still so much more respectable than Trump. It's amazing just how low we've sunk with this administration. Unfortunately this level of incompetence has been normalized over the past couple of years.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Excited to hear the spin when people start getting killed because of this stuff. It's not like we have to worry about terrorism, or threats to our

Burns recounts how the NSC grew in size and influence during his 30 years in government. It frequently crowds out the diplomatic voices coming from the State Department, as happened during deliberations surrounding the expansion of NATO and the war in Iraq.
So now Trump read this book, and that's why he did it? (I know you're not saying that)

Appreciate the optimism, but seeing as how Jared Kushner is the "diplomatic voice", I'm going with a hard pass on NSA firings.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:23 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:16 pm

So now Trump read this book, and that's why he did it? (I know you're not saying that)

Appreciate the optimism, but seeing as how Jared Kushner is the "diplomatic voice", I'm going with a hard pass on NSA firings.
How will the nation survive without propellerheads like Ben Rhodes, Evelyn Farkas & Elise Jordan whispering in the CinC's ear (& leaking to the media).
a fan

Post by a fan »

You lost me. Were they part of the NSA staff?

Again. Appreciate the optimism.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Here we go. Welcome to Trumpland.

They're so far gone for Trump, that they don't believe Trump himself when he tells them that he did something that they know is wrong.

Nation filled with American "conservatives" who believe their Federal Government instead of the free media.

These people couldn't explain this way of thinking to the Greatest Generation if they had months to do so........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/politics ... index.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:40 pm You lost me. Were they part of the NSA staff?

Again. Appreciate the optimism.
They were NSC staffers. Farkas also worked for the Senate & DoD.

NSC = National Security Council, headed by the National Security Advisor. Part of the WH staff. Advisors to the President.

NSA = National Security Agency. The spooky outfit at Ft Meade with all the big SATCOM antennas. Part of the IC. Report to the DNI.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Now why would a civilian get confused by all the nonstop acronyms you gents use?

Thanks for the clarification. Really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlvy3sTTBk

Return to “POLITICS”