Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:43 am I’m endlessly fascinated with the majority of this boards reluctance to tell folks like DocB and JHU72 to stuff it when they claim all Trump voters are amoral, unethical, disinterested, etc.

I’m the operating partner of an 1100-person aviation company. We are growing fast. We carry zero debt outside weekly trade and accrued expenses. Maybe 5% of our firm has a college degree. Most of our employees have home cooked meals for lunch. I’m not aware of anyone who has a graduate degree. I don’t! I’d say somewhere near 75% of our employee base is what you’d call ‘blue collar’, though given their immense technical skills not to mention work ethic, I look at those who look down upon our people as blue collar, if it’s a pejorative term. We spend inordinate amounts of money investing in our people. Easily 50% carry guns in their pickups. 20% are first generation American.

The only issue of any note we had to deal with in the last year came from one of our college graduates, who’s no longer with us. He objected to HR that some of the employees were wearing those red MAGA hats. I voted for Obama and skipped the last one. The ‘MAGA hat’ decision came down to me and I sided with the employees, who cheered at each location (from what I was told) when HR announced we are a free speech company and you can wear any hat you want provided it’s not vulgar, sexist, etc.

I’d bet 75% of those ‘blue collar’ employees are Trump voters. Every time you denigrate them, as is done here daily by supposed elite educated posters, you lock up one more vote for Trump. Argue with his policies, but when you gratuitously slap his voters, you’re going to be very unhappy come 2021.
If they are so insecure, fearful and hateful as to care what I think, then go ahead and vote for Trump. If they wish to cut off their nose to spit their face, then go ahead. They will get what they deserve, as they are in the process now.

If you wish to felate them, knock yourself out. I won't! I grew up in a blue collar family and neighborhood, I more than understand these people and what makes them tic. They are great people, loving, caring, plenty of smarts, but generally insecure and jealous, telling themselves they don't get a fair shake and a general unwillingness (as a class) to get the education, take advantage of the educational opportunities available to them, that would change their situation. Sorry, not my fault. Their favorite story is how the "dumb beans" college graduate engineer misconnected the "check valve" to the waterpump and how they personally saved the day.

By the way, there are many individuals on this forum who have resumes that are as if not more impressive than yours. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

That text exchange is remarkable....the declaration that the president does not want quid pro quo was priceless. Sounds like his staff dictated it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:11 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:33 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:01 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:48 am
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:34 am Interesting:

https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com/no ... pdf#page=1

Next up: Bill Taylor, principled diplomat
Gordon Sondland, guy who donated campaign money for a sweet job
In spite of at one point saying the President had no quid pro quo, the texts contain ample evidence of exactly that - Ukraine was to sign a statement pledging to investigate the conspiracy theory the Trumpists were pushing in order to get US support on pretty much anything. The texts get cut off just about when the IG report hits Congress...

All the evidence you need for impeachment is confirmed here...
… for reasonable people. We will see when the Trumpnista on the forum chime in, that we are not dealing with reasonable people living in the real world. Besides how did these text messages ever make the news cycle, they are unimportant compared to the real news - you haven't heard, Joe Biden is the father of Hillary Clinton's alien baby.
I still have hope for our Trumpist friends on this forum.
I have no hope for them.
well, there's one truly deranged troll who I would agree is a lost cause, but I'm keeping an open door for the rest.
:lol: If you mean by hope you mean they can be turned around without having to drag them kicking and screaming into the daylight -- I don't think so. But feel free to hope. Hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.
I don't think they will burst into flames when the daylight hits them.
A lot of blinking, yes.
It's going to be hard for them to adjust to the light.

So, if we actually want that to happen with some/many, how do they 'save face' ?
I understand your concern, but many of the people we are talking about (generally, not specifically) see the "allowing them to save face" ploy as just one more instance of disrespect. They will find a way to take a small victory. Frankly the working class Trump voter already has his victory, they have caught everyone's attention. The white nationalist Trump voter can have no real victory.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Every lawyer knows that pattern well. Because it is always the emails/texts/recordings that hang you.

Taylor (Deep Stater) keeps texting about the QPQ because he knows all those texts will eventually become evidence.

Sondland (Trumpster) knowing this, does the same two things repeatedly. First, "of course there's no QPQ -- it is about fighting corruption." Second, "please call me and stop texting."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The “stop texting” text is as smoking as smoking guns get. Except for maybe that “it’s time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee” text a few years back.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 am That text exchange is remarkable....the declaration that the president does not want quid pro quo was priceless. Sounds like his staff dictated it.
The quid pro quo already happened. Are Americans really so dumb that they don't understand that?

Did we already give the Ukranians arms and cash? Yes.

Did the guy who is in charge of dispensing these arms and cash ask the President for "a favor"? Yes.

Soooo...... 1+1= squirrel, is that it?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:32 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:43 am I’m endlessly fascinated with the majority of this boards reluctance to tell folks like DocB and JHU72 to stuff it when they claim all Trump voters are amoral, unethical, disinterested, etc.

I’m the operating partner of an 1100-person aviation company. We are growing fast. We carry zero debt outside weekly trade and accrued expenses. Maybe 5% of our firm has a college degree. Most of our employees have home cooked meals for lunch. I’m not aware of anyone who has a graduate degree. I don’t! I’d say somewhere near 75% of our employee base is what you’d call ‘blue collar’, though given their immense technical skills not to mention work ethic, I look at those who look down upon our people as blue collar, if it’s a pejorative term. We spend inordinate amounts of money investing in our people. Easily 50% carry guns in their pickups. 20% are first generation American.

The only issue of any note we had to deal with in the last year came from one of our college graduates, who’s no longer with us. He objected to HR that some of the employees were wearing those red MAGA hats. I voted for Obama and skipped the last one. The ‘MAGA hat’ decision came down to me and I sided with the employees, who cheered at each location (from what I was told) when HR announced we are a free speech company and you can wear any hat you want provided it’s not vulgar, sexist, etc.

I’d bet 75% of those ‘blue collar’ employees are Trump voters. Every time you denigrate them, as is done here daily by supposed elite educated posters, you lock up one more vote for Trump. Argue with his policies, but when you gratuitously slap his voters, you’re going to be very unhappy come 2021.
If they are so insecure, fearful and hateful as to care what I think, then go ahead and vote for Trump. If they wish to cut off their nose to spit their face, then go ahead. They will get what they deserve, as they are in the process now.

If you wish to felate them, knock yourself out. I won't! I grew up in a blue collar family and neighborhood, I more than understand these people and what makes them tic. They are great people, loving, caring, plenty of smarts, but generally insecure and jealous, telling themselves they don't get a fair shake and a general unwillingness (as a class) to get the education, take advantage of the educational opportunities available to them, that would change their situation. Sorry, not my fault. Their favorite story is how the "dumb beans" college graduate engineer misconnected the "check valve" to the waterpump and how they personally saved the day.

By the way, there are many individuals on this forum who have resumes that are as if not more impressive than yours. :roll:
I may be more on your side on all of this back and forth but don’t get it twisted, there’s plenty of insecurity and jealousy from the effete intellectual class as well. You’ve got one (obvious one, probably more) amongst your college lacrosse posing cohort I’m sure you are fully aware of. Perhaps one with law and medical degrees who liked to point it out every other week on LP?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:01 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 am That text exchange is remarkable....the declaration that the president does not want quid pro quo was priceless. Sounds like his staff dictated it.
The quid pro quo already happened. Are Americans really so dumb that they don't understand that?

Did the guy who is in charge of dispensing these arms and cash ask the President for "a favor"? Yes.

Did I hear a “niner” in there????
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Yes, Mr. Spade, you did.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:01 am

But the guy texted that the POTUS did not want quid pro quo so it is all good now.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Doc is a caricature, and the bulk of us simply ignore him. JHU72 is incredulous that anyone is dumb enough to buy what Trump is selling. He's not wrong.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:43 am Every time you denigrate them, as is done here daily by supposed elite educated posters, you lock up one more vote for Trump. Argue with his policies, but when you gratuitously slap his voters, you’re going to be very unhappy come 2021.[/color]
Have you ever met a Trumpfan? Do they "gratuitously slap" libs? Or call the media "fake news". Or make fun of "drive by voters"? They make fun of "libs" 24/7. Pot, meet kettle.

But, I've heard this ridiculous argument of yours many times now. Talk about a condescending idea. Do you not understand what you are saying here?

You're telling us that these men and women are so dumb, and so insecure, that they'll change their vote away from another candidate who's ideas they like......and instead, vote for Trump because other voters are making fun of them.

I wish you the best of success in your business.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:37 am

I may be more on your side on all of this back and forth but don’t get it twisted, there’s plenty of insecurity and jealousy from the effete intellectual class as well. You’ve got one (obvious one, probably more) amongst your college lacrosse posing cohort I’m sure you are fully aware of. Perhaps one with law and medical degrees who liked to point it out every other week on LP?
“Effete intellectual class”
“ college lacrosse posing cohort”

Gee, sounds like someone with a burr in his saddle.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:45 am
But the guy texted that the POTUS did not want quid pro quo so it is all good now.
Oh, that's iron clad right there, you're right.

"Some guy" said there wasn't a quid pro quo. Can't argue with that, now can you? ;)
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:45 am
Oh, that's iron clad right there, you're right.

"Some guy" said there wasn't a quid pro that. quo. Can't argue with that, now can you? ;)
Nope. Nothing to see here. Words are more important than deeds. I taught my kids that.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I don't think I said or alluded to these particular issues not effecting other cultures / classes. I am not qualified, can't speak from personal knowledge of other cultures / classes. Can only take an educated guess. I do know the white blue collar working class very well however. As for the individual you described, he is certainly a character and I would not presume to psychoanalyze him - I know him only through his postings. There are multiple possible explanations. He however is not my concern - I am reasonably certain he didn't run off and vote for Orange Duce in a snit.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Very sloppy State Department work to support Rudy. Bill Taylor gloriously wrecks the Trump “corruption” narrative. Quid met quo and got it drunk and had wall-sex. What’s left? Trump’s right to do whatever he wants?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:31 pm Very sloppy State Department work to support Rudy. Bill Taylor gloriously wrecks the Trump “corruption” narrative. Quid met quo and got it drunk and had wall-sex. What’s left? Trump’s right to do whatever he wants?
America’s mayor. Hopefully he goes to jail.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Where Trump (Individual 1) lawyers sometimes wind up.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:28 pm

I don't think I said or alluded to these particular issues not effecting other cultures / classes. I am not qualified, can't speak from personal knowledge of other cultures / classes. Can only take an educated guess. I do know the white blue collar working class very well however. As for the individual you described, he is certainly a character and I would not presume to psychoanalyze him - I know him only through his postings. There are multiple possible explanations. He however is not my concern - I am reasonably certain he didn't run off and vote for Orange Duce in a snit.
Like I said I generally agree but they way it’s phrased would be easy to read as insecurity and jealousy resides specifically in this group. It’s there, but to me it’s a human condition for almost all of us as we all have biases that we have to be cognizant and vigilant of.

Where I get annoyed is the lack of empathy that seems to be more on display from the other side. We’re all short on empathy but it really jumps out often from the class of faux intellectuals I’ve seen a lot of in DC and NYC in my time there. I’m general people suck but it takes two sides (Hegels dialectic) and the Clerics are as guilty of power and resource control as the barbarians.

But....please don’t make me fall or appear to fall on the side of PB anymore. Please.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Will do my best but can't make any promises.

Return to “POLITICS”