Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:42 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:56 am Whistleblower? Annonimity?

This ain't somebody turning in an officious bureaucrat embezzling funds at the Department of Agriculture

This is someone seeking to UNDO the votes of over 60 million Americans—We need to know who this lying bastid is.
So you have no idea who this is. But you're sure he's lying.

You understand that Trump and Giuliani confirmed the WB central complaint, yes?

And while we're on the subject, are you ok with our President personally asking a foreign leader to investigate a political rival?
Thats not what happened. Thats what pencil neck schiff said happened. But thats not in the transcript.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Thank you for answering.

This is the transcript:

"There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me,"

What do you think that paragraph means? That's not asking the President to look into Biden, who's running for President?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:24 pm Thank you for answering.

This is the transcript:

"There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me,"

What do you think that paragraph means? That's not asking the President to look into Biden, who's running for President?
It also happens to be true. It needs to be investigated by the new un-corrupt Prosecutor General of Ukraine.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence team says Mike didn’t know it was about the Bidens.
He’d be the only guy in DC who didn’t.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

Thats' fine, old salt. Several problems, though.

1. You can't trust what is returned as "fact', whether good or ill. It's a corrupt country. An investigation is pointless. How much disinformation do you think Putin would plant, for example? Basically what you're asking for a is a Steele Dossier on Biden.

2. Why didn't Trump ask for this investigation BEFORE Biden was a candidate? He had two full years to do that. He waited until Biden was running for President, and that's supposed to be a "coincidence?

3. Our law enforcement officials didn't ask for the investigations. Trump did. And named Biden specifically, as if he's the only corrupt American over there. You already said that's not ok.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt, let’s say for the sake of argument that you are correct, that it should be looked into by the Ukrainians. That doesn’t negate the conclusion that what Trump did constitutes an impeachable offense. Trump asked the president of Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent for his political advantage. That’s impeachable in my book whether or not there is any merit to the case against Hunter Biden. As of right now, I believe a majority of the House agrees.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s interested in corruption nowhere else.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think Trump has lost his fastball. Since he began running for president, he has demonstrated very keen political instincts. But he was the one who decided to release the rough transcript of his call with the Ukrainian president. He thought the transcript would exonerate him, a “perfect” call as he is wont to say. But the transcript may end up hanging him. His instincts about it have proved to be way off base.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:52 pm old salt, let’s say for the sake of argument that you are correct, that it should be looked into by the Ukrainians. That doesn’t negate the conclusion that what Trump did constitutes an impeachable offense. Trump asked the president of Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent for his political advantage. That’s impeachable in my book whether or not there is any merit to the case against Hunter Biden. As of right now, I believe a majority of the House agrees.
His actions can be characterized as a bribe.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

Giuliani still communicating with Manafort.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:24 pm Thank you for answering.

This is the transcript:

It also happens to be true. It needs to be investigated by the new un-corrupt Prosecutor General of Ukraine.
The former "prosecutor" was removed because he would NOT combat corruption.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

PRICELESS.....what a loser
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well that’s the last time Jeff Mason gets called on by Trump. All the atta boys are well deserved.
njbill

Post by njbill »

With all this talk from Trump about civil war, he might want to read up on what happened to Jefferson Davis after the Civil War. I know he isn’t much of a reader, but two words might get his attention: “shackles” and “prison.” I wonder if shackles would irritate his bone spurs.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 pm Thats' fine, old salt. Several problems, though.

1. You can't trust what is returned as "fact', whether good or ill. It's a corrupt country. An investigation is pointless. How much disinformation do you think Putin would plant, for example? Basically what you're asking for a is a Steele Dossier on Biden.

2. Why didn't Trump ask for this investigation BEFORE Biden was a candidate? He had two full years to do that. He waited until Biden was running for President, and that's supposed to be a "coincidence?

3. Our law enforcement officials didn't ask for the investigations. Trump did. And named Biden specifically, as if he's the only corrupt American over there. You already said that's not ok.
But we've been assured Ukraine is no longer corrupt, right ? Biden fixed it when he had the corrupt Prosecutor General fired.

Plus, we wouldn't give another $3.9B in military aid (& agree to sell more Javelins) to a corrupt country.

We believed Steele's Russian sources, we believed the evidence Biden's new prosecutor provided on Manafort, why shouldn't we believe Zelensky's Prosecutor. He was elected on an anti-corruption ticket.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:52 pm old salt, let’s say for the sake of argument that you are correct, that it should be looked into by the Ukrainians. That doesn’t negate the conclusion that what Trump did constitutes an impeachable offense. Trump asked the president of Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent for his political advantage. That’s impeachable in my book whether or not there is any merit to the case against Hunter Biden. As of right now, I believe a majority of the House agrees.
Until & unless they vote, it's only impeachable in your opinion.

Impeachment or not, Biden remains the front runner to be our next President.
We need to know about the Bidens' Ukranian connections, just like we needed to know about the Trumps' Russian connections.
The earlier we know, the better. Due diligence. No spies, surveillance or covert informants needed.
njbill

Post by njbill »

A comfortable majority of the members of the House now support the impeachment inquiry. Don’t know if there is a public count of those who have already announced they would vote in favor of articles of impeachment, but it is my opinion that a majority would do so. In any event, it is not just my opinion that Trump has committed impeachable offenses. There’s no question that lots and lots of House members think so as well.

I have no problem with the Bidens’ Ukrainian connections being investigated, as long as the investigation is conducted properly, say, by the FBI. The country’s interest would not be served if the investigation was orchestrated by Mad Dog Giuliani and whatever Ukrainian cretins he could get to crawl out from under rocks.

Look, I don’t care for what Hunter Biden did in terms of getting the lucrative position with Ukrainian company. Even though it may be legal, I think it is unseemly at best. But Hunter is almost 50 years old; he has been an adult for a long time. I’m not sure how proper it is to visit the sins (if you want to call them that) of the son on the father. If you can find that Joe, himself, did something improper, I would want to know. All the Trumpists have so far is that he pushed the Ukrainians to fire inspector Clouseau to be replaced by detective Colombo. Not a particularly compelling argument if you ask me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 am But we've been assured Ukraine is no longer corrupt, right ?.
No one assured that.
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 am Plus, we wouldn't give another $3.9B in military aid (& agree to sell more Javelins) to a corrupt country.
We do it all the time. Every day.
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 am We believed Steele's Russian sources,
No, we didn't. And every TrumpFan was livid about it.

I know you're just playing around, but I can't tell you how many times I've heard "whatabout" defenses with this stuff over the last few weeks.

If you hated it when Hillary did it, you're supposed to lose your mind if the guy you like does it. Not complicated.

But today's adults seemed to have skipped logic 101 in college entirely.

Under no stretch of the imagination would Trump receive helpful intel on Joe Biden from the Ukraine. Even if it "clears" Biden, it's useless information.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:19 amI have no problem with the Bidens’ Ukrainian connections being investigated, as long as the investigation is conducted properly, say, by the FBI.
I do have a problem with it. They had two full years----"they" meaning our government----to "investigate" Hunter until blue in the face. As if you're going to get a straight answer from Ukrainian's kleptocracy....and Putin's people all over the place. But still, they had their fair chance.

Biden announces his candidacy in April this year, and we're supposed to believe that Trump's crew suddenly needs to "investigate" Biden?

This is a silly, pointless diversion. That is working like a champ on Trump fans, of course. If Trump said Biden was born on Mars, they'd be demanding to see his birth certificate.

If and when Biden drops out of the race? Any mention of investigation evaporates instantly.

Return to “POLITICS”