Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:40 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:58 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:18 am MDlaxfan writes: "So, when a President and his toadies attack the whistleblower as a spy deserving to be executed or otherwise threaten the wellbeing of the whistleblower, when Trump and his toadies threatens those evaluating the merits of the claims as 'traitors', when Trump and his toadies warn/threaten 'civil war', we are in extremely dangerous but highly predictable territory with this cat. The whistleblower and others have legitimate fear for their lives.

And how can we blame those who use 'leaking' when they have such fears if discovered, yet believe the truth will only be in the open if they take risk?

Thus, when other folks make fun of the process done legally, or seek to discredit those blowing the whistle or those evaluating the claims, it promotes leakers trying to get truth out into the public without their identity being discovered."

Exactly. Good post, as usual.
IF the WB turns out to be legit. As usual you guys are way out over your skis...

"checks and balances" never included "whistleblowers" did it? Seems to me WB is an incredibly slippery slope especially in our hyper-partisan times. The whole concept and any laws associated need to be completely reevaluated IMO.
IG is partisan?
Surely then you'll be accepting the results of IG Horowitz's inquiry.
Just as I accepted the results of the Mueller probe.
:lol: Now there's a loaded comment if I ever saw one.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:33 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:27 am
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:07 am Reports that Pompeo forced Volker out when he found out State knew what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/pomp ... ng-mission

Not a good look for the SOS to be an active part of the conspiracy to dig dirt on Biden...
Never thought much of Pompeo's positions. Too much of a neocon for me. But never saw him as what he is now proving himself to be. If he had any honor, he would resign. He won't.
What a crock of dump.

No one on the record to substantiate anything in the report. And WHO else would sit in on a call between a new head of state and the President besides the SOS. Now any cabinet member doing their job is impeachable. Liberals way off the deep end.
I thought you guys were real big on IGs. Guess not in this case. Another "Deep Stater" hired by Trump I guess. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:35 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:29 am Gotta love Obamas self-proclaimed "WING MAN" lecturing us about how an Attorney General needs to behave.

These guys do know there's video tape right.
Feel free to link to this scandal.... :lol:
So you don't see the humor (or hypocrisy) in an AG who proudly proclaimed he was "THE PRESIDENTS WING MAN" lecturing another AG about appearances.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:18 am MDlaxfan writes: "So, when a President and his toadies attack the whistleblower as a spy deserving to be executed or otherwise threaten the wellbeing of the whistleblower, when Trump and his toadies threatens those evaluating the merits of the claims as 'traitors', when Trump and his toadies warn/threaten 'civil war', we are in extremely dangerous but highly predictable territory with this cat. The whistleblower and others have legitimate fear for their lives.

And how can we blame those who use 'leaking' when they have such fears if discovered, yet believe the truth will only be in the open if they take risk?

Thus, when other folks make fun of the process done legally, or seek to discredit those blowing the whistle or those evaluating the claims, it promotes leakers trying to get truth out into the public without their identity being discovered."

IF the WB turns out to be legit. As usual you guys are way out over your skis...

"checks and balances" never included "whistleblowers" did it? Seems to me WB is an incredibly slippery slope especially in our hyper-partisan times. The whole concept and any laws associated need to be completely reevaluated IMO.
IG is partisan?
YOU ACCEPTED THE MUELLER REPORT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:29 am Gotta love Obamas self-proclaimed "WING MAN" lecturing us about how an Attorney General needs to behave.

So you don't see the humor (or hypocrisy) in an AG who proudly proclaimed he was "THE PRESIDENTS WING MAN" lecturing another AG about appearances.
Nowadays I see very little humor and tons of hypocrisy.

When President Democrat takes office, are you good with them using their personal attorney (lord knows how they are getting paid) to investigate Trump's kids business dealings?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Whistleblower? Annonimity?

This ain't somebody turning in an officious bureaucrat embezzling funds at the Department of Agriculture

This is someone seeking to UNDO the votes of over 60 million Americans—We need to know who this lying bastid is.

He/she originally told the IG they had both first hand and hearsay evidence. Then denied any first hand knowledge.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 am

When President Democrat takes office, are you good with them using their personal attorney (lord knows how they are getting paid) to investigate Trump's kids business dealings?
None of Trumps kids are making 50K month working for a Russian oligarch.

But thats not the real point. Barr isn't investigating Biden and his family. Barr's investigating the origins of the attempted coup by the US intelligence agencies and how they might have been helped by foreign intelligence services.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:02 am

None of Trumps kids are making 50K month working for a Russian oligarch. That may be true, but we have no idea whatsoever.

But htats not thereal point is that Barr isn't investigating Biden and his family/. Barr's investigating the attempted coup by the US intelligence agencies and how they might have been helped by foreign intelligence services. That may also be accurate, but we have no idea what Barr is doing
You didn't answer my question.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:56 am Whistleblower? Annonimity?

This ain't somebody turning in an officious bureaucrat embezzling funds at the Department of Agriculture

This is someone seeking to UNDO the votes of over 60 million Americans—We need to know who this lying bastid is.

He/she originally told the IG they had both first hand and hearsay evidence. Then denied any first hand knowledge.

Oh the outrage. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

None of Trumps kids are making 50K month working for a Russian oligarch.

But thats not the real point. Barr isn't investigating Biden and his family. Barr's investigating the origins of the attempted coup by the US intelligence agencies and how they might have been helped by foreign intelligence services.

Ah, the real issue surfaces. It's the amount. Trump and his kids are jealous. :lol: :lol:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:07 am

None of Trumps kids are making 50K month working for a Russian oligarch. That may be true, but we have no idea whatsoever.

But htats not thereal point is that Barr isn't investigating Biden and his family/. Barr's investigating the attempted coup by the US intelligence agencies and how they might have been helped by foreign intelligence services. That may also be accurate, but we have no idea what Barr is doing
Your questions irrelevant.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:56 am Whistleblower? Annonimity?

Sorry 6', that is simply not how things are done...seems like your ilk allowed "hearsay" to be considered, back in the days of the Birther in Chief :lol:
“This person appears to have followed the whistleblower protection laws and ought to be heard out and protected. We should always work to respect whistleblowers,” Grassley said. “Complaints based on second-hand information should not be rejected out of hand, but they do require additional leg work to get at the facts and evaluate the claim’s credibility.”

Grassley said “the distinctions being drawn between first and secondhand knowledge aren’t legal ones.” He did not mention Trump or his attacks on the whistleblower specifically in his statement, instead asserting that “no one should be making judgments or pronouncements without hearing from the whistleblower first and carefully following up on the facts.”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:22 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:07 am

Your questions irrelevant.
Bookmark this page...for when it becomes relevant. ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 pm What is wrong with you? obsession with peeing. who are you, R. kelly?

I find it interesting that the person that heads up the John McCain foundation also happened to be the Amassador to the Ukraine......during the Trump administration. That's it. Anything other than a general observation, you and your fetish can figure out. :D
right, I have an 'obsession'. Guess the turn of phrase was a little too graphic for you.

Is this really the first time you'd heard what his current position is ???

30 year career in international diplomacy, Tillerson appointed him to the position in the current Administration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Volker

Serious guy, distinguished career, non-partisan.
Sen. John McCain hated tRump, on this we can agree, yes?
By decades long friendship that Kurt Voneget had with Sen. John McCain, one could assume that they, or in this case, he, also hates tRump? Yes? No?
If the flow chart, via two yes', brings you to this point, one could assume to trapperary for tRump. All legal. Set up via Sen. McCain, smiling in Annapolis. What's Tillersons opinion of tRump again?

It's really not to hard to conclude that Tillerson, Volker, etc. legally set tRump up for a fall. I guess. tRump asking a foreign leader a favor, I think we all agree this is a daily political act, before releasing funds (distinctly remember the admission that votes in Congress for Obamacare came about b/c of being withheld.....or promised....could be wrong. ;) Guess it's ok to do that, citizen to citizen. So, the issue is the attempted COVERUP of the miscue.
Honestly, if the whistleblower's timeline stayed true, would anyone care, if say, Keganaugh (now a Supreme) was being investigated for his legal work for the same CO2 satanlike Ukraine company, during the early 2000's, requested by tRump.

Let's face it, tRump probably doesn't have a lot of friends, or even business diversity , to draw "loyal" minions to fill important positions and posts. Especially for our dim-plomatic corp.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

IG is partisan?
It’s legitimate. You didn’t answer my question.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:52 am

IG is partisan?
YOU ACCEPTED THE MUELLER REPORT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:(
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 pm What is wrong with you? obsession with peeing. who are you, R. kelly?

I find it interesting that the person that heads up the John McCain foundation also happened to be the Amassador to the Ukraine......during the Trump administration. That's it. Anything other than a general observation, you and your fetish can figure out. :D
right, I have an 'obsession'. Guess the turn of phrase was a little too graphic for you.

Is this really the first time you'd heard what his current position is ???

30 year career in international diplomacy, Tillerson appointed him to the position in the current Administration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Volker

Serious guy, distinguished career, non-partisan.
Sen. John McCain hated tRump, on this we can agree, yes?
By decades long friendship that Kurt Voneget had with Sen. John McCain, one could assume that they, or in this case, he, also hates tRump? Yes? No?
If the flow chart, via two yes', brings you to this point, one could assume to trapperary for tRump. All legal. Set up via Sen. McCain, smiling in Annapolis. What's Tillersons opinion of tRump again?

It's really not to hard to conclude that Tillerson, Volker, etc. legally set tRump up for a fall. I guess. tRump asking a foreign leader a favor, I think we all agree this is a daily political act, before releasing funds (distinctly remember the admission that votes in Congress for Obamacare came about b/c of being withheld.....or promised....could be wrong. ;) Guess it's ok to do that, citizen to citizen. So, the issue is the attempted COVERUP of the miscue.
Honestly, if the whistleblower's timeline stayed true, would anyone care, if say, Keganaugh (now a Supreme) was being investigated for his legal work for the same CO2 satanlike Ukraine company, during the early 2000's, requested by tRump.

Let's face it, tRump probably doesn't have a lot of friends, or even business diversity , to draw "loyal" minions to fill important positions and posts. Especially for our dim-plomatic corp.
It's really not to hard to conclude that Tillerson, Volker, etc. legally set tRump up for a fall.

I can see why you would draw that conclusion. :roll:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I just read an "interesting" piece on the impeachment process that was anything but reassuring. It credibly laid out the path of this process:

1) house votes to impeach

2) senate does not

3) Trump wins the election on the following points: a disillusioned Dem base, a massively energized deplorable base that sees the entire process as a witch-hunt (anyone see the trump ads?)

4) Trump enters his second term knowing that there is no power that can stop him, because the impeachment process was "abused" (the message of his re-election campaign) and now is rendered flaccid.

5) We enter the era of all-powerful President.

Frankly this entire process has been long coming. The politicization of the courts, the BS impeachment of Clinton, the demonizing of the other party, Congress shirking it's duties and outsourcing its war-powers to the WH... And then it really got its legs under Obama when he went on an executive orders spree. And now Trump has and is truly testing the boundaries of power and our patience to be rear-ended, over and over and over.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
old salt

Post by old salt »

IG is partisan?
Just as I accepted the results of the Mueller probe. You believe we should eliminate the WB statute?
There's a reason the Background Info & the complaint form previously posted on the IC IG website included the rqmt for first hand knowledge before a complaint can be forwarded to Congress.

Removing the first hand knowledge rqmt makes the IC's WB process rife for abuse.
Any credible whispering campaign now has an avenue to Congress.

This destroys Exec Priv & will wrap the IC leadership in knots.
DNI & DoJ were right in the way they handled this.
The WB could have still taken it to Congress, in secret, if he didn't like the DNI/DoJ's finding.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:20 pm

IG is partisan?
Just as I accepted the results of the Mueller probe. You believe we should eliminate the WB statute?
There's a reason the Background Info & the complaint form previously posted on the IC IG website included the rqmt for first hand knowledge before a complaint can be forwarded to Congress.

Removing the first hand knowledge rqmt makes the IC's WB process rife for abuse.
Any credible whispering campaign now has an avenue to Congress.

This destroys Exec Priv & will wrap the IC leadership in knots.
DNI & DoJ were right in the way they handled this.
The WB could have still taken it to Congress, in secret, if he didn't like the DNI/DoJ's finding.
the wheels on the bus go round and round … :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”