Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by runrussellrun »

What is wrong with you? obsession with peeing. who are you, R. kelly?

I find it interesting that the person that heads up the John McCain foundation also happened to be the Amassador to the Ukraine......during the Trump administration. That's it. Anything other than a general observation, you and your fetish can figure out. :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Dept of State IG has asked speak to multiple committees immediately, while Congress is in recess. Sounds important.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/state-d ... d=65991911
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just received a survey from Steny Hoyer asking if I support the impeachment inquiry. First I’ve received something from him a very long time.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:08 pm Just received a survey from Steny Hoyer asking if I support the impeachment inquiry. First I’ve received something from him a very long time.
I support the INQUIRY....That is a ways away from supporting articles of impeachment
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 pm What is wrong with you? obsession with peeing. who are you, R. kelly?

I find it interesting that the person that heads up the John McCain foundation also happened to be the Amassador to the Ukraine......during the Trump administration. That's it. Anything other than a general observation, you and your fetish can figure out. :D
right, I have an 'obsession'. Guess the turn of phrase was a little too graphic for you.

Is this really the first time you'd heard what his current position is ???

30 year career in international diplomacy, Tillerson appointed him to the position in the current Administration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Volker

Serious guy, distinguished career, non-partisan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:57 pm In the corporate world we have to change passwords every 45-90 days, some of us carry an access token card that sync's with the server. If there are holdover leakers...it makes perfect sense.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/28/su ... erver-too/
What is a holdover leaker?

1. A career individual doing what he felt was right.

2. A mole democrat brought in under Obama, who still has very high levels of access, in the Trump administration

A criminal, if it's a leak of classified material.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:57 pm In the corporate world we have to change passwords every 45-90 days, some of us carry an access token card that sync's with the server. If there are holdover leakers...it makes perfect sense.

2. A mole democrat brought in under Obama, who still has very high levels of access, in the Trump administration

A Patriot if it's a leak of criminal activity conducted by elected officials that they tried to hide.
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Beauty (the Donkey) and the Beasts:

A Horse's Ass and a Donkey.jpg
A Horse's Ass and a Donkey.jpg (44.47 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
SWEATHOG RUDY.jpg
SWEATHOG RUDY.jpg (59.46 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
UGHH.png
UGHH.png (220.76 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just to be clear about the article youth posted, Rice acknowledges that the server was used to secure classified material of the level that's appropriate. The writer seems to want to conflate-equate that to what the Trump crew has done as "SOP" after experiencing an abnormally high # of leaks (only the best people) in which it's pretty darn clear that what they want to hide is politically embarrassing material, whether for them or perhaps for the leaders of other countries, not because it's justified as compartmentalized. The Obama crew was using it only when there was something very serious (ala a joint intelligence operation) that needed extra caution because lives are at stake, not just reputations of the politicians.

The right path to bring classified material into the light, when there is wrongdoing needing sunlight, is to use the whistle blower process.

So, when a President and his toadies attack the whistleblower as a spy deserving to be executed or otherwise threaten the wellbeing of the whistleblower, when Trump and his toadies threatens those evaluating the merits of the claims as 'traitors', when Trump and his toadies warn/threaten 'civil war', we are in extremely dangerous but highly predictable territory with this cat. The whistleblower and others have legitimate fear for their lives.

And how can we blame those who use 'leaking' when they have such fears if discovered, yet believe the truth will only be in the open if they take risk?

Thus, when other folks make fun of the process done legally, or seek to discredit those blowing the whistle or those evaluating the claims, it promotes leakers trying to get truth out into the public without their identity being discovered.

Grassley understands. So do a whole bunch of others.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:02 pm

A Patriot if it's a leak of criminal activity conducted by elected officials that they tried to hide.
Indeed, sometimes a 'criminal' act can be the act of a Patriot.

In this case, the whistleblower(s) appear to be Patriots using the legal process, putting themselves and their families and friends in great personal danger if the authoritarian is allowed to follow his instincts to extinguish dissent.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan writes: "So, when a President and his toadies attack the whistleblower as a spy deserving to be executed or otherwise threaten the wellbeing of the whistleblower, when Trump and his toadies threatens those evaluating the merits of the claims as 'traitors', when Trump and his toadies warn/threaten 'civil war', we are in extremely dangerous but highly predictable territory with this cat. The whistleblower and others have legitimate fear for their lives.

And how can we blame those who use 'leaking' when they have such fears if discovered, yet believe the truth will only be in the open if they take risk?

Thus, when other folks make fun of the process done legally, or seek to discredit those blowing the whistle or those evaluating the claims, it promotes leakers trying to get truth out into the public without their identity being discovered."

Exactly. Good post, as usual.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

From Italy Pompeo now admits he was on the shakedown call, but pretends it was all about policy. I guess his Honor Code oath had an expiration date.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:32 am From Italy Pompeo now admits he was on the shakedown call, but pretends it was all about policy. I guess his Honor Code oath had an expiration date.
If I heard his entire response, he didn't actually say anything about the call specifically other than confirm he was there. He spoke to policy generally and, yes, it's fair to say that he was obtuse at best, misleading at worst.

But he didn't actually answer as to his direct opinion of the call itself, nor about Guiliani, nor the State Dept IG...

He did defend his letter of yesterday and it's intent, though he threw up a false rationale of "co-equal branches' (State dept lawyers need to be in the room) and made claims of specific 'bullying'.

IMO, this is likely going to get ugly for him as he's unlikely to be able to avoid such questions under oath.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He’s perfectly willing to lie for Trump, that’s clear. We all saw the WH memo about the call. Trump’s main interest in Ukraine is NOT thwarting Russia. He told Zelensky to make a deal. I thought Pompeo was weak with Bonesaw but this is ridiculous.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:45 am He’s perfectly willing to lie for Trump, that’s clear. We all saw the WH memo about the call. Trump’s main interest in Ukraine is NOT thwarting Russia. I thought Pompeo was weak with Bonesaw but this is ridiculous.
Just another republican scum bag toadie. The West Point folks must be so proud.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:18 am MDlaxfan writes: "So, when a President and his toadies attack the whistleblower as a spy deserving to be executed or otherwise threaten the wellbeing of the whistleblower, when Trump and his toadies threatens those evaluating the merits of the claims as 'traitors', when Trump and his toadies warn/threaten 'civil war', we are in extremely dangerous but highly predictable territory with this cat. The whistleblower and others have legitimate fear for their lives.

Thus, when other folks make fun of the process done legally, or seek to discredit those blowing the whistle or those evaluating the claims, it promotes leakers trying to get truth out into the public without their identity being discovered."

Exactly. Good post, as usual.
IF the WB turns out to be legit. As usual you guys are way out over your skis...

"checks and balances" never included "whistleblowers" did it? Seems to me WB is an incredibly slippery slope especially in our hyper-partisan times. The whole concept and any laws associated need to be completely reevaluated IMO.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

We’re trusting the IG that it’s urgent and credible.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:45 am He’s perfectly willing to lie for Trump, that’s clear. We all saw the WH memo about the call. Trump’s main interest in Ukraine is NOT thwarting Russia. He told Zelensky to make a deal. I thought Pompeo was weak with Bonesaw but this is ridiculous.
Averting war, that's a good thing, right?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

That’s what you see in that memo? Trump preventing a war?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:59 am We’re trusting the IG that it’s urgent and credible.
Yeah but you're kind of insane ;)

Return to “POLITICS”