Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Drcthru

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by Drcthru »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:16 am
51percentcorn wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:03 am for anybody that cares - Hopkins has a midfield recruit from the junior class
Sam Teachout from Dallas Jesuit - no smurf at 6'3" - doesn't mind shooting from distance with right hand
That's three recruits in the 2021 class so far (same as Maryland). It does not appear that the uncertainty surrounding Petro's status beyond 2020 has deterred kids from committing. I'm also aware of at least a couple "top ranked" guys in that class who have taken official visits to Homewood but have yet to make final decisions. Almost a month after Sept. 1, 5 of IL's top 10 and 12 of its top 20 remain uncommitted.
NOVALax2015 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:28 am
Hoponboard wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:44 pm Alumni game info?

Who you lining up against? McDonogh girl's?
In which case I assume we can expect to see you there in a raincoat?
Probably with some binoculars and a bag of candy too.
And a roll of paper towels to...
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hoponboard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:15 am Teachout has an impressive Sophomore highlight tape. Cannon shot, pinpoint passing on assists, good off the ground, swim moves on clears and can play some defense.

From MaxPreps: https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sam-te ... videos.htm
Yeah ... but does Hopkins really need one of those :?:

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

If you're set on trolling the Hop faithful, why not confine it to that and save us from your side order of misogyny?

McDonogh Girls' Lacrosse had a 198 game winning streak fueled by the great play of some memorable athletes such as current coach Taylor Cummings (only a three-time Tewaaraton winner in her collegiate career) and the Jenner sisters. Any reading of your post seems predicated on "your program is bad so you have to play GIRLS" logic. Dumb, unnecessary, and goes against the grain of a sport in which most men's and women's players have a healthy respect for the variety of lacrosse played by their brothers/sisters.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Representing trash, he is.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:30 pm

If you're set on trolling the Hop faithful, why not confine it to that and save us from your side order of misogyny?

McDonogh Girls' Lacrosse had a 198 game winning streak fueled by the great play of some memorable athletes such as current coach Taylor Cummings (only a three-time Tewaaraton winner in her collegiate career) and the Jenner sisters. Any reading of your post seems predicated on "your program is bad so you have to play GIRLS" logic. Dumb, unnecessary, and goes against the grain of a sport in which most men's and women's players have a healthy respect for the variety of lacrosse played by their brothers/sisters.

You guys need a serious dosage of humour. jfc. Chill out and read this stuff with some levity. Otherwise, my initial humour becomes a sad reflection of truth. Because you know what my post really was about, that McD Girls are really bad! That must be it. I am such a misogynist!!! Verdict first, trial later! :roll: The Orfling must be a blast at a party...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:47 am

You guys need a serious dosage of humour. jfc. Chill out and read this stuff with some levity. Otherwise, my initial humour becomes a sad reflection of truth. Because you know what my post really was about, that McD Girls are really bad! That must be it. I am such a misogynist!!! Verdict first, trial later! :roll: The Orfling must be a blast at a party...
Reading your posts "with some levity" doesn't make them any funnier. Believe me I've tried. They're still dumb.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:53 am

Reading your posts "with some levity" doesn't make them any funnier. Believe me I've tried. They're still dumb.

To be fair to you, I wouldn't laugh much if Hopkins was my team either.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:53 am

To be fair to you, I wouldn't laugh much if Hopkins was my team either.
You should try to become a message board moderator.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Jesting and levity accustom a man to lewdness.
Akiva ben Joseph
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

On this one, you gotta admit, PB, you walked into it.
Take your medicine.
Tastes bad, but deserved when you went there with the playing high school girls comment.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Take your medicine.
Tastes bad, but deserved when you went there with the playing high school girls comment.

I'm confused...what's the medicine for? Are you implying that MCD girls could in fact take the Hop alum, therefore there's absolutely nothing funny about anyone posting that a high school girl's team without pads would beat a D1 alum team with pads? Even my estimation of Hop's alum squad isn't that low!

If you say so...

I guess I'm sorry then to the Hop alum for implying they could beat MCD girls. Apologies in order all around, especially to the MCD young ladies' squad whom previously I thought might not make that victory happen, but I am duly corrected by board scolds! Brownie: stay in the weak PLL, MCD girls have your number on the field!

:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Take your medicine.

I'm confused...what's the medicine for? Are you implying that MCD girls could in fact take the Hop alum, therefore there's absolutely nothing funny about anyone posting that a high school girl's team without pads would beat a D1 alum team with pads? Even my estimation of Hop's alum squad isn't that low!

If you say so...

I guess I'm sorry then to the Hop alum for implying they could beat MCD girls. Apologies in order all around, especially to the MCD young ladies' squad whom previously I thought might not make that victory happen, but I am duly corrected by board scolds! Brownie: stay in the weak PLL, MCD girls have your number on the field!

:lol:
Yup, if you don't get it, PB, we understand.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:47 am You guys need a serious dosage of humour. jfc. Chill out and read this stuff with some levity. Otherwise, my initial humour becomes a sad reflection of truth. Because you know what my post really was about, that McD Girls are really bad! That must be it. I am such a misogynist!!! Verdict first, trial later! :roll: The Orfling must be a blast at a party...
Does FanLax have some sort of "ignore" or filter option?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Does life? :D I don’t think so. Massive narcissism, need for attention and inferiority complex, why would you ever want to deny yourself that experience
Wood Sticks 4ever

Post by Wood Sticks 4ever »

FannOLax wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:57 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:47 am You guys need a serious dosage of humour. jfc. Chill out and read this stuff with some levity. Otherwise, my initial humour becomes a sad reflection of truth. Because you know what my post really was about, that McD Girls are really bad! That must be it. I am such a misogynist!!! Verdict first, trial later! :roll: The Orfling must be a blast at a party...
Does FanLax have some sort of "ignore" or filter option?
Look under 'user control panel', 'friends & foes' and list the user name of the person to be filtered as a foe.

There are enough real life trolls around - I don't need more in one of the few simple pleasures I have left
The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Troll used to be a forbidden word. Caused conniptions.

This place is so much better. How long has it been open for business?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Jays get another "4-star" 2021 recruit, IL's #86 overall (#6 FOGO) Matthew Constantinides from New Fairfield, CT
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:01 pm Jays get another "4-star" 2021 recruit, IL's #86 overall (#6 FOGO) Matthew Constantinides from New Fairfield, CT
Terrific!

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Been trying to keep up with all the latest recruiting commitments. How is JHU doing on defensive players? For a spell they were loading up on O and grabbing poles much later.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Openings to watch the next 2 weekends

attack 3 (forry, baskin/keough)
Midfield (assume some mix of zinn, baskin, keough, forry, connor, concannon) and whether connor can get it right after a lost 19.
goal
d3
ssdm 1, 2.
lsm 2(I assume reinson moves up, but there's an opening for the depth spot behind him.

FWIW IL is doing their fall ball checkins. Last years is still up, they were big on Marc Pion getting run-didn't happen but were correct in keogh/baskin getting larger roles.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”