Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

Post by Brooklyn »

Trump's camp is doing all it can to keep attention away from his failings by bringing up irrelevant matters. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trinity wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:09 am Trump's daughter works at the WH
Her husband works at the WH
Rudy's son works at the WH
Barr's son in law works at the WH
Barr's daughter works at Treasury
Trumps sons do foreign business
His daughter is getting Chinese patents and Saudi grants. She's the former officer of a fraudulent charity, a shoe-design thief and White House "advisor." And she's the current trademark owner for sunglasses, shoes, purses, sausage casings, senior care homes, and voting machines.
But sure, let's talk about Hunter Biden
Showed up in my Twitter feed as well. The hypocrisy of Trumpists over "ethics" here is rich. Note that said daughter can fly around the world on the taxpayer dime.

The fact that Hunter Biden worked for a Ukrainian corporation really does not look bad compared to the current administration's issues with conflict of interest and nepotism. And according to investopedia for the 200 largest corporations in the US outside board members had a median pay of just under $260000 per year, which is over $20000
per month...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm
His daughter is getting Chinese patents and Saudi grants. She's the former officer of a fraudulent charity, a shoe-design thief and White House "advisor." And she's the current trademark owner for sunglasses, shoes, purses, sausage casings, senior care homes, and voting machines.
Showed up in my Twitter feed as well. The hypocrisy of Trumpists over "ethics" here is rich. Note that said daughter can fly around the world on the taxpayer dime.

The fact that Hunter Biden worked for a Ukrainian corporation really does not look bad compared to the current administration's issues with conflict of interest and nepotism. And according to investopedia for the 200 largest corporations in the US outside board members had a median pay of just under $260000 per year, which is over $20000
per month...
So instead of working under the scrutiny of the federal gov't system you all believe it is hypocrisy and instead it is okay to have deals worth upwards of a Billion dollars as a civilian but related to the VP. If not for double standards, many here would have none.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Great article about the whole involvement of Hunter Biden and the evolution of political power in Ukraine:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:46 pm So instead of working under the scrutiny of the federal gov't system you all believe it is hypocrisy and instead it is okay to have deals worth upwards of a Billion dollars as a civilian but related to the VP. If not for double standards, many here would have none.
No, they're asking Trump supporters: if you're honestly upset about Hunter Biden, why aren't you demanding that Trump remove all his kids from their positions in government?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:46 pm So instead of working under the scrutiny of the federal gov't system you all believe it is hypocrisy and instead it is okay to have deals worth upwards of a Billion dollars as a civilian but related to the VP. If not for double standards, many here would have none.
No, they're asking Trump supporters: if you're honestly upset about Hunter Biden, why aren't you demanding that Trump remove all his kids from their positions in government?
That is my point....Hunter WAS NOT in the administration, except for a short stint in DoC, unless I am mistaken. Hunter and his dad even a pact when he started a lobbying firm to not speak....yea right.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Sausage casings, ...which can be used as designer condoms. ...that's worthy of a patent.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:20 pm
That is my point....Hunter WAS NOT in the administration, except for a short stint in DoC, unless I am mistaken. Hunter and his dad even a pact when he started a lobbying firm to not speak....yea right.
I truly don't understand your point. Are you saying that you believe that Hunter's conflict is worse than, say, Kushner's because Hunter is a private citizen?

Please clarify your point here, thanks.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:07 pm
I truly don't understand your point. Are you saying that you believe that Hunter's conflict is worse than, say, Kushner's because Hunter is a private citizen?

Please clarify your point here, thanks.
Yes, that is what I am saying. Trumps kin are employed AND under scrutiny of the federal gov't, Biden's son was not.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:32 pm Trumps kin are employed AND under scrutiny of the federal gov't
It's the exact opposite of what you are claiming here.

We have no idea what Kushner is saying and doing over in Saudi Arabia, for example. It's all classified, remember?

And, obviously, the "scrutiny of the Federal government" you seem to think we citizens have means President Trump. You understand that, right?

That's where the conflict is. Dad is providing the oversight you think we have as citizens. You really don't see the problem here?

And If I want to know what Kush is doing, not only is it classified, but Dad (in law) will simply assert Executive Privilege. Now what?

Hunter has no such protections. Any and all US agencies and Journalist can investigate him, and he's out in the open. Nothing he does is classified. Nothing he does has Exec. Privilege.

Care to comment?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You are being stubborn. Do you actually believe a private citizen is under more scrutiny than an employee of the gov't? And stop moving the goal post.....the topic was "family nepotism in the gov't by Team Trump".

A refresher...
Trinity wrote: ↑Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:09 am
Trump's daughter works at the WH
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 pm You are being stubborn. Do you actually believe a private citizen is under more scrutiny than an employee of the gov't?
I didn't say anything about "more scrutiny". What I said was, Hunter doesn't have the protective force of Federal law-----classified info, Exec. Privilege------that Kushner does.

FoxNews can go over to Ukraine any time they like, and turn the country upside down, and no one can stop them. They can interview anyone and everyone that ever came into contact with Hunter, and no one can stop them.

Try doing that with Kushner, and watch what happens.

Moving Goalposts? You just said "the topic was "family nepotism in the gov't by Team Trump". That's what my entire response was about....Trump nepotism.

That said, I would be delighted to answer any direct questions you have, no problem. What would you like to ask?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

1. If Hunter Biden worked for the White House would he have received what he did from Ukraine?

2. Can Ivanka currently receive the same thing Hunter Biden received from Ukraine?
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://youtu.be/pjSeAVB2gqs

Ha ha! What a clown.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Huh? Are you telling us the Trump children aren't parlaying their status for personal $ ???

I think Hunter Biden should not have agreed to serve on that board, at least as long as his dad was in office or potentially running for office. But then I felt similarly about the Clintons. And I feel that way about a lot of folks.

But to pretend that Trumps aren't way, way way, worse boggles the mind.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 pm 1. If Hunter Biden worked for the White House would he have received what he did from Ukraine?

2. Can Ivanka currently receive the same thing Hunter Biden received from Ukraine?
Apparently Ivanka can receive anything she wants from whomever she wants. Who is going to stop her?

Or are you saying that Ivanka and the rest of the Trump/Kushner crew have stopped doing business?

Again, I think it is unseemly when companies put 'names' on their board who have done little to earn their paycheck other than to lend their names, the imprimatur of status, to such corporation. I wouldn't have done it.

But there's a big difference between getting a paycheck for your name than actually having special favors done for the corporation because of the association...now, that actually would be a big deal ethically...but there's been not a shred of evidence of such or any other actual corruption to which the Bidens have been party.

But facts really don't matter when Trumpists want to muddy the waters.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Answer the questions with a yes or no in the legality of it.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 pm 1. If Hunter Biden worked for the White House would he have received what he did from Ukraine?
If he worked there in 2019? He would likely be getting more. You understand that, right? Trump's family still has business all over the world. Conflicts out the wazoo. $50K per month is chump change.

Pence's trip to Ireland alone blew $600k in transportation fees because he stayed at a Trump property that was 180 miles away from the conference he was attending. That's your money, honey, right into TrumpFamily's pockets. (couldn't resist the rhyme, sorry)

So the direct answer to your Biden question is: that's chump change. Hunter would have made MORE if he worked in Trump's White House.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 pm 2. Can Ivanka currently receive the same thing Hunter Biden received from Ukraine?
She is getting more, right now. Have you not seen all the reports on patents and the like that Ivanka has gotten in foreign countries? And that's just the stuff we know about.

Do you know what Kushner's financial holdings are in, for example, Saudi Arabia? No, you don't.

I'm lost as to why you're worried about Hunter's $50K/mo, when with just the facts we're aware of, we know the Trump family has profited millions more than that in foreign countries.

If you want to pass a law forbidding all this behavior, how fast do you think voters would sign on to that? A millisecond? Two milliseconds?

And to reiterate one last time: I think what Hunter and his Dad did in Ukraine while Daddy was VP is flat out wrong.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:38 pm Answer the questions with a yes or no in the legality of it.
Ok. What Hunter did was 1000% legal. Same goes for Ivanka and Kush.

They write and enforce the laws, so here we are.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

1. Ukraine could not provide Biden the same compensation if he worked for the White House. But I am not sure if working in the White House precludes one from a board appointment.

2. See above. Not sure if Ukraine can compensate Ivanka in the same manner since she is employed by the White House. She may be able to use influence to extract more value. Maybe not.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”