Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 pm Yup, but it was in response to those of us seeing decaying values....truth, integrity, honesty, self-respect are just words anymore, they used to be far more than just words.
https://www.songfacts.com/facts/rush/limelight
Dmac, how about this one (my favorite from this band I assume you know)?

If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn
I could arm a town the size of Abilene
Don’t you push me baby because I’m moaning low
And you know I’m only in it for the gold...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes sir, Loser, by the Dead.
Yup, the guy who knows better than everyone else, gonna beat the system...the loser alright.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:34 pm You know Lindsey Graham is a complete doughnut right?
Full grown adults. I don't get this mentality, and I never will.

I picture partisans in math class as children, and when the teacher calls on them and asks "does 1+1=2?" and they reply "that depends. Who did you vote for last election?"

Never understood this, never will.

For me, if Pelosi follows through, and starts proceedings, a bill extending an excise tax cut will get buried. If that bill fails, I'm out about $500K each and every year.

And somehow, I STILL think it's not ok to ask a corrupt foreign leader to "investigate" a political opponent.

I must have magic beans or something. I'm STUNNED that millions of Americans don't care.

Ethics is a political game, not a guideline for living, apparently. Who knew? I'm wondering what all these people tell their kids when it comes to right and wrong. "Hey, I don't care that you're bullying those smaller kids, because their dad voted for Hillary/Trump."
Didn't trump just bargain for you to sell your product in Japan, along with other US foodstuffs?

But, you gotta be kidding with this afan.........maybe it's just you, or me, or them........but YOU don't care. (about others opinions, or even want to engage with folks that differ. Your tone has changed here on fanlax, insulting even. Especially to part timers like me. (keep up, we covered this, even though YOU post repeat comments, articles, etc. )

This place can't function, for fun, without lots of people. Yet, you are bothered by folks that just "can't keep up" Why?

Or, maybe, you can't handle mental orgies, you need your one on one time with randy rad. Or, the same 5-6 people could ignore Hunter Bidens ethics, conflicts of interest and Joes' own words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CQm0D6o9jg

and think that you are different than the very people you mock. You're not.

(notice girls on trampolines never asked Joe about withholding the funds (his January comments ) ..............why is Biden even on late "commedy" nite TV?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

but YOU don't care. (about others opinions, or even want to engage with folks that differ. Your tone has changed here on fanlax, insulting even. Especially to part timers like me. (keep up, we covered this, even though YOU post repeat comments, articles, etc. )
Completely disagree with this. a fan is one of, if not the most even-handed and logical posters on here. He's very informative.
Not buying it, go tell it to the Horse Marines.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Andersen wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:46 am
but YOU don't care. (about others opinions, or even want to engage with folks that differ. Your tone has changed here on fanlax, insulting even. Especially to part timers like me. (keep up, we covered this, even though YOU post repeat comments, articles, etc. )
Completely disagree with this. a fan is one of, if not the most even-handed and logical posters on here. He's very informative.
Agreed.
I don't always agree with him, but he tends to be quite even handed, consistent in his views as applied to D's or R's, and frequently quite informative.
He contributes quite successfully to our general understanding of each subject on which he chooses to engage.

ABV, it sure seems like your rambling diatribe (which at least this reader finds difficult to decipher) is mostly because you and he disagree strenuously.

How about we all take it down a notch and do our best to explain our views cogently and with some effort at respect to one another?

I take that as advice/request to myself too; these topics can rile me up.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Sorry; think I was the person who said “gotta keep up.” ABV’s sentiment about that is probably right. That’s on me. Sorry about that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Exactly.
If you combine runrusselrun with ABV 8.3% does that make fatty a full timer?
C'mon fattyrun 8.3, who ya think you're foolin' here?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:54 am
Exactly.
telltale spelling and rambling...?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Back to the topic of the thread, does anyone find it incredible that the "intelligence community" changed the rules on whistle blowers in early August? Prior you needed first hand knowledge and now they are allowing hearsay. Just in time for this "whistleblower", whose complaint was obviously written by someone else.

To me, the real question is just who has authority to change the rules in agencies that are subservient to the Executive Branch?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Is Donny Dump beginning to feel the heat?

The caravan appears to have been unleashed:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:38 am Back to the topic of the thread, does anyone find it incredible that the "intelligence community" changed the rules on whistle blowers in early August? Prior you needed first hand knowledge and now they are allowing hearsay. Just in time for this "whistleblower", whose complaint was obviously written by someone else.

To me, the real question is just who has authority to change the rules in agencies that are subservient to the Executive Branch?
It's an interesting question, but please convince us that you seriously have an issue with this 'process' question and would instead not want to know when wrongdoing has occurred?

Would you have wanted to know if (name the Dem Pres) had done something that is dishonorable, an abuse of power for his personal, political benefit and indeed against the interests of the United States, as determined by Congress and the State Dept and the intelligence community?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

WHISTLEBLOWER: “Yurodivy”- (Russian for Holy Fool).A person who seeks the truth and is often treated as an outcast.

---“The Emperor’s New Clothes” (Hans Christian Andersen). A little kid said “Look at the King. He’s not wearing anything at all”.
---Harry Markopolos. The “MADOFF WHISTLEBLOWER”.
---Russian folklore: A “yurodivy” looks at an icon of the Virgin Mary and declares it the work of the Devil. It’s an outrageous, heretical claim. A person hurls as stone at the image, the façade cracks revealing the face of Satan.
---Scott Carmichael investigated Ms. Anna Montes. Given the appellation “the Queen of Cuba” by her fellow CIA operatives for her success as a spy. Turned our Ms. Montes regularly reported detailed information to Fidel.
---Jerry Sandusky’s “erratic and questionable” behavior was first reported by Mike McQueary, former Quarterback then assistant coach for the PSU football program.

Joseph Maguire, acting DNI Director said, “I think the whistle-blower did the right thing. I think he followed the law every step of the way.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:33 pm WHISTLEBLOWER: “Yurodivy”- (Russian for Holy Fool).A person who seeks the truth and is often treated as an outcast.

---“The Emperor’s New Clothes” (Hans Christian Andersen). A little kid said “Look at the King. He’s not wearing anything at all”.
---Harry Markopolos. The “MADOFF WHISTLEBLOWER”.
---Russian folklore: A “yurodivy” looks at an icon of the Virgin Mary and declares it the work of the Devil. It’s an outrageous, heretical claim. A person hurls as stone at the image, the façade cracks revealing the face of Satan.
---Scott Carmichael investigated Ms. Anna Montes. Given the appellation “the Queen of Cuba” by her fellow CIA operatives for her success as a spy. Turned our Ms. Montes regularly reported detailed information to Fidel.
---Jerry Sandusky’s “erratic and questionable” behavior was first reported by Mike McQueary, former Quarterback then assistant coach for the PSU football program.

Joseph Maguire, acting DNI Director said, “I think the whistle-blower did the right thing. I think he followed the law every step of the way.”
Yeah, but the DNI and IG are part of the "DEEP STATE" according to many of our fellow posters.
Painful to see.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:37 am Didn't trump just bargain for you to sell your product in Japan, along with other US foodstuffs?
Yep. And here's what I wrote about that:

From Sep 25th
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:09 pm I support some of the Trump administration polices, too. For example? I need more details, but I'm optimistic about what I heard of the trade tweaks with Japan.
There you go. I don't have TDS. And it's tiring that you keep posting as if I do. I've also praised that he hasn't invaded a new country....I'm over the moon happy about that. And I even said that had Hillary been elected, odds are I wouldn't be making the same claim. Ask me what I think about the Japan deal next time! Ask my opinion, and I'll give it.

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:37 am Your tone has changed here on fanlax, insulting even. Especially to part timers like me.
There's the problem. You're here "part time". As we see above, you read about 1/4 of what goes on here, and then jump to conclusions, and do things like hammer me on Japan. Only it turns out, I did indeed praise that.

Have you considered that the problem here is that you're not reading all the posts? That's fine, of course, but you can't assume I like Joe Biden and wave his shenanigans through simply because you read a post or two, and figure I haven't commenting on Biden. Either read all the posts here, or stop attacking me. You can pick either one, and the problem will disappear. Or better still, ask what I think instead of assuming what I think. Sound fair?
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:37 am This place can't function, for fun, without lots of people. Yet, you are bothered by folks that just "can't keep up" Why?
I'm bothered when you tell us that we don't hammer libs or praise Trump....when the actual problem is that you're not reading all the posts, and you're being unfair. So as I said, pick one. Either stop attacking other posters for your nonstop whataboutisms where you assume everyone here is a Joe Biden fan, or read all the posts. Believe it or not, when you use English, I enjoy our banter.

As for tone, I return fire, and match tone. Your tone has changed, too. But I'll give you the same promise I gave old salt.....nothing would make me happier than if our discourse here was more polite. But that also means, you have to do the same. This ain't a one way street. Deal? Great.
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:37 am Or, maybe, you can't handle mental orgies, you need your one on one time with randy rad. Or, the same 5-6 people could ignore Hunter Bidens ethics, conflicts of interest and Joes' own words
Yet another case of simply not reading my posts, and lashing out, when I've criticized Biden plenty. I don't want him to be President, and I think he's almost as corrupt as Hillary, and that's saying something. I don't know how many more times you need to hear that from me. What more do you want?

Here's a post from last week. Bolded the key concept.
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 pm By the way....this is circulating among my liberal friends on Facebook.

It's almost as if right is right, and wrong is wrong, not matter what we're talking about. What a concept.

Headline: Hunter Biden’s Perfectly Legal, Socially Acceptable Corruption

subtitled: Donald Trump committed an impeachable offense, but prominent Americans also shouldn’t be leveraging their names for payoffs from shady clients abroad.

Text: But the egregiousness of these acts must not blind us to the culture of influence-peddling that surrounds and enables them. That culture is fundamental to the cynical state we are in, and it needs examining. All too often, the scandal isn’t that the conduct in question is forbidden by federal law, but rather, how much scandalous conduct is perfectly legal—and broadly accepted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... T8JZG4xqHc
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.axios. ... b6ef4.html

Watched Rudy on This week, totally unhinged. Just rambling and tossing papers around. Totally unreliable or unbelievable.

Talk about hysterical. Made a shrill Pelosi look like Doc Holliday in a shootout.

https://www.alamy.com/tombstone-cynergi ... d0%26pl%3d
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:50 pm Ask me what I think about the Japan deal next time! Ask my opinion, and I'll give it. B/c I already knew the answer because I read your post.

I'm bothered when you tell us that we don't hammer libs or praise Trump....when the actual problem is that you're not reading all the posts you assume I don't because I don't post a comment? something about presumptions. Perhaps my mistake is I AM REPLYING to a comment several pages before. evah notice that? , and you're being unfair. A collective YOU do NOT hammer libs or praise tRump Again, 90% of ALL posts are Trump related. . So as I said, pick one. Either stop attacking other posters for your nonstop whataboutisms attack? where you assume everyone here is a Joe Biden fan, or read all the posts. Believe it or not, when you use English, I enjoy our banter.

As for tone, I return fire, and match tone. Your tone has changed, too. So, you are agreeing with my observation that your tone has changed ? Seems like it. But I'll give you the same promise I gave old salt.....nothing would make me happier than if our discourse here was more polite. But that also means, you have to do the same. This ain't a one way street. Deal? Great.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... T8JZG4xqHc
[/quote]
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:54 am
Exactly.
no, more like exactly to the post above the one I am replying too.

In short, what gives you all the right to assume that because someone doesn't post all day, everyday, isn't READING the posts? Some rule I missed?

Some dont get it. MDlaxfan for one. :D I picture him being Major Nelson type.....not getting the obvious.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Worth a watch...

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:20 pm you assume I don't because I don't post a comment? something about presumptions. Perhaps my mistake is I AM REPLYING to a comment several pages before. evah notice that?
So I give you quotes proving you're making assumptions that are incorrect, and you can't simply say "yeah, you're right, I'll ease up"?

Come on my friend. If you're going to ask me to tone it down, you've got to give a little, too. Tell me I'm right, and move on. Just as I'm about to do below.
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:20 pm A collective YOU do NOT hammer libs or praise tRump Again, 90% of ALL posts are Trump related
Of course they are! He's the President! What are we supposed to talk about here?

Asking that the press or posters to cover one Dem candidate of over a dozen at anywhere near the same level as a sitting President is absurd.

But you know this. Devil's Advocate is great. Evenhandedness is great. But that doesn't mean we have to get ridiculous about it, and start posting articles about corrupt Dog Catchers because they have liberal views.

Our most active thread when Obama was President was (Drumroll) "The Obama era". Coincidence.
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:20 pm So, you are agreeing with my observation that your tone has changed ? Seems like it.
Absolutely, you're right! I'm returning fire. But as I said, I've now toned it down, and expect you to do the same.

But if you go back to attack after attack with a different tone? I'll call it out. And if you don't stop, then no more complaining when I return fire.

Fair?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 pm Worth a watch...

He's flat out lying. Pelosi can't "kick it to the Senate" after holding an inquiry. They have to vote, publicly, and on the record, in the House.

From wikipedia, because it's the simplest description of the process I could find:

-------
First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.

Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".

Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds supermajority vote. The result of conviction is removal from office.

------

Levin has gone the way of Maddow. Started out as a reasonable, fantastic conservative. But then he learned that Cheering Trump on lines his pockets, and builds his ratings.

I L-O-V-E that he brought out the Pelosi's panels are from big lib cities. Pandering. Fear. Telling his viewers their voices are being ignored.

He's lying. And it's sad to see. You can't impeach a President without a public vote in both Houses.

This is what i've been complaining about surrounding this case. Levin is asked about the allegations. Instead of simply answering whether or not what Trump admitting doing----asking a foreign leader to investigate a political opponent----- is right or wrong, he instead attacks what he thinks is the messenger.

Levin is saying that truth is party dependent. He's not interested in the fact that Trump and his lawyer already confirmed that the key charge (and likely the only charge, outside of a charge of covering up that key charge). That's irrelevant to him.

He's questioning as to whether water is wet based on the party affiliation of the person he thinks is telling him that water is wet. Further, he wants the WB outed. Yet another dagger into the now dead and rotting corpse that was our WB laws. It's like they WANT more leaking of intel. Ask, and you shall receive.

It's flat out depressing watching this, and I'm left wondering why you thought this was worth a watch, Youthathletics. Care to comment?

Return to “POLITICS”