JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:34 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:50 pm Hear what ? I don't get a chance to reply. Somebody keeps butting in.
I was giving you an opportunity to answer the MD's question yourself. I'm trying to tone it down, as you requested. I didn't want to impolitely speak for you.

His question was, do you understand the difference between Trump saying to the Ukrainian President:

1. "President Zelesky, can you please investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ"

2. "President Zelesky, can you please investigate what Joe and Hunter Biden did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ"
Yes.
I just looked back through the last 3 pages of this thread (whew). Where did MD ask me that question ?
I wasn't asking you in specific, if I recall correctly it was in response to an exchange with ABV. Tech37 may have been chiming in.

In a more general sense, it's directed to anyone who pretends these two 'requests' were actually the same, much less that Biden's was 'worse' or for that matter even inappropriate.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:lol: So now posters on this board shouldn't chime in?

Yes everyone, take it in a PM if you want privacy...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:06 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:30 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:05 pm MDlax was addressing me. So I responded. No need to be rude.

Are you sure you want me to tone it down? It doesn't sound like you do.
I saw the guy for what he is a looong time ago.
Another buttinski, interrupting the conversation.

Who's being rude ?

I ask again. What do you want to hear from me ?
You ain’t the moderator anymore. Use PM.
That might prevent me from intuiting the implied questions. .
..& would deprive you of the opportunity for a gratuitous piling on cheap shot.
Stop whining....a “?” at the end of a sentence designates a question.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:18 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:27 pm Fixed this:

“Now, what about (the two years the GOP controlled both houses of Congress?):

Investigating misuse of the public trust Fine, so long as there is equal scrutiny, equal coverage by the media.

Your comments are purely partisan and there's the rub. My criticism was directed at Congress in general but of course in your narrow mind it's all the fault of Rs. And since any of the initiatives I listed are Trump-driven, they're to be discarded or ignored, not because they won't help the country but because you hate Trump. That's sick IMO. You and all the other resistance warriors are drooling over impeachment while the business at hand stagnates. Nice work counselor :roll:

USMCA ratification (GOP controlled Senate; What the heck)
Immigration solutions (GOP can’t compromise because of the endless Trump patter and re-election campaign)
Trade negotiations with China (the Chinese are sure to cave soon, right Larry? Steve?)
the $hitheads in Iran (well, Trump made this mess because of his Obama fetish; what now?)
Denuclearization of Korean Pen (BFFs Forever!!!)
Infrastructure (Democrats are waiting for the Senate on this)
I gotta disagree.
The GOP had two years of full, complete control...yet did not get any of this done when they didn't need Dems to be involved.
That observation is factual, not partisan.

On Trump more specifically, I responded in detail as to how the heat around most of these issues is entirely of Trump's making, in several cases quite stupidly. that, too, is not partisan, though it is more of an opinion (based on facts) than simply 'factual'.

But no one is suggesting that there aren't very serious issues, both domestic and international, that deserve serious and competent attention.

Now, here comes the actual 'bias' for you to criticize: I think Trump and his cronies are so corrupt and incompetent that they are truly incapable of positive progress of their own making. The question is whether they can be restrained or channeled into no complete or irreparable CF's. That seems to me the best we can hope for at this point (I had higher hopes initially, though predicted this situation as most likely).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:39 am :lol: So now posters on this board shouldn't chime in?

I wasn't criticizing your "chiming in" tech37, just recollecting the flow of the discussion, which I recall was initially a back and forth in which ABV and I were engaged.

But this thread isn't a conversation between just two posters.

Chime away.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:39 am :lol: So now posters on this board shouldn't chime in?

Old Salt was complaining about the “chiming in”...if he only wants a particular poster to reply, then he should PM. Otherwise,he should not complain about folks chiming in on a public forum or do you disagree?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:42 am

Investigating misuse of the public trust Fine, so long as there is equal scrutiny, equal coverage by the media.

Your comments are purely partisan and there's the rub. My criticism was directed at Congress in general but of course in your narrow mind it's all the fault of Rs. And since any of the initiatives I listed are Trump-driven, they're to be discarded or ignored, not because they won't help the country but because you hate Trump. That's sick IMO. You and all the other resistance warriors are drooling over impeachment while the business at hand stagnates. Nice work counselor :roll:

Immigration solutions (GOP can’t compromise because of the endless Trump patter and re-election campaign)
Trade negotiations with China (the Chinese are sure to cave soon, right Larry? Steve?)
the $hitheads in Iran (well, Trump made this mess because of his Obama fetish; what now?)
I gotta disagree.
The GOP had two years of full, complete control...yet did not get any of this done when they didn't need Dems to be involved.
That observation is factual, not partisan. As I've posted before, the mistake IMO was trying to repeal Obamacare right out of the box (that is mostly on Ryan) when infrastructure and the tax cuts should have been priorities. When that failed, momentum and political capital was wasted.

On Trump more specifically, I responded in detail as to how the heat around most of these issues is entirely of Trump's making, in several cases quite stupidly. that, too, is not partisan, though it is more of an opinion (based on facts) than simply 'factual'.

But no one is suggesting that there aren't very serious issues, both domestic and international, that deserve serious and competent attention.

Now, here comes the actual 'bias' for you to criticize: I think Trump and his cronies are so corrupt and incompetent that they are truly incapable of positive progress of their own making. The question is whether they can be restrained or channeled into no complete or irreparable CF's. That seems to me the best we can hope for at this point (I had higher hopes initially, though predicted this situation as most likely).
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:44 am

I wasn't criticizing your "chiming in" tech37, just recollecting the flow of the discussion, which I recall was initially a back and forth in which ABV and I were engaged.

Chime away.
I said "everyone."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:44 am

Chime away.
I said "everyone."
Cool, just wanted to be clear that I wasn't critiquing your doing so.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:03 am

I gotta disagree.
That observation is factual, not partisan. As I've posted before, the mistake IMO was trying to repeal Obamacare right out of the box (that is mostly on Ryan) when infrastructure and the tax cuts should have been priorities. When that failed, momentum and political capital was wasted.

I wouldn't relieve Ryan of responsibility, but I think it's BS that Trump isn't primarily responsible for setting the public policy agenda. He should have driven infrastructure first. It was political malpractice not to put those bi-partisan points on the board.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:12 am

I gotta disagree.

I wouldn't relieve Ryan of responsibility, but I think it's BS that Trump isn't primarily responsible for setting the public policy agenda. He should have driven infrastructure first. It was political malpractice not to put those bi-partisan points on the board.
Well certainly, that's obvious. Trump came into office to lay waste the current ways of Washington. That's why he was elected after all.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:27 am

I gotta disagree.

Well certainly, that's obvious. Trump came into office to lay waste the current ways of Washington. That's why he was elected after all.
"lay waste to the current ways of Washington"

Well, if that means really stupid and incompetent, I guess I'd agree.

Just don't turn around and blame the Dems, or even Ryan, for Trump's incompetence in getting important matters addressed effectively.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

And if you haven't yet figured it out, it's way too simple blaming Trump alone, especially when it's based on hate.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

My even more serious concern about the sentiment so many seem to have: "lay waste to the current ways of Washington" is that it appears that what some want is to tear down all the institutions essential to democracy, a preference for the 'strong man' authoritarian.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

I gotta disagree.
That observation is factual, not partisan.

I thought, when it came to certain budget items, you needed 60 US Senate votes to have , again certain, fiscal budgets pass. Probably wrong, but pretty sure tRump sent a tweet out in June , of last year (Rep Gaudette bill) and blamed democrats in the Senate (NOT the 41 GOP congress that voted against EVerify ) that it would never pass the Senate anyway.........something like that.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 6268545024
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 am And if you haven't yet figured it out, it's way too simple blaming Trump alone, especially when it's based on hate.
I don't 'hate' Trump, just the corruption, the dishonesty, the racism, the misogyny.

I'm disgusted by most of his choices in life, all of his life, in every aspect of his life.

I would suggest to you that that's how most folks who oppose Trump feel, not "hate".

Of course it's not Trump alone...it's also all those who continue to support him, enable him, encourage his very worst impulses. They are very much to "blame" as well.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:40 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 am And if you haven't yet figured it out, it's way too simple blaming Trump alone, especially when it's based on hate.
I don't 'hate' Trump, just the corruption, the dishonesty, the racism, the misogyny.
:lol: OK mdlax...whatever you say.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Interesting. Whataboutism (facts) dictates that you placed no such blame at Obama's feet when he laughed about "shovel ready" jobs aren't so shovel ready, I guess......and spent his billions on drone strikes, killing doctors, children.......and spending billions on PRIVATE armies.......and drone strikes. And bailouts for idiots on wallstreet.........doing NOTHING for our nations infrastructure.......but blamed Mitch McConnell for all of Obama's woes.

You actually voted for McLame? :o
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:40 am
:lol: OK mdlax...whatever you say.
And yet.....mdlax voted for THIS clown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lwusMxiHc
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:32 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 pm The problem is that Trump says so many stupid, embarrassing things???
Given. And he's the POTUS, get over it.

Now, what about:

USMCA ratification
Immigration solutions
Trade negotiations with China
the $hitheads in Iran
Denuclearization of Korean Pen
Infrastructure

Someone obviously needs to get their priorities in order ;)
Again, my first priority is rule of law, the preservation of democracy.
This is all on Trump, and the knuckleheads who actually support him.

On your list, the USMCA is Trump's mess, a mild revision of NAFTA which he blew up.

Immigration is far, far worse of a problem, in every sense than in the prior decade...of his making.

The trade "negotiations" have exposed our vulnerabilities and blundering, rather than focused on the issues that truly do matter, most importantly IP theft (from a trade perspective)...all the while ignoring the genocide in western China, worst since the Holocaust.

The Iranian debacle is again of Trump's making.

Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is a pipe dream unless you mean our withdrawal.

Infrastructure was a huge opportunity missed...that miss is on Trump (and the GOP).
Amen - and the real way you get work done on those priorities (as well as all the others) is to get the incompetent doofus currently in office out of office (whether it be by impeachment or election) and get someone in who can figure out how to undo the tremendous damage Trump and his cronies have done to both this country and to the R party.

Return to “POLITICS”