JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:15 pm Can't. At work, running stills. Thanks, though.

Have a great weekend.
Glad that you are running the stills!

I was in Denver for a wedding last weekend, but couldn't find time to stop in at the Distillery; was oh so close, as we did hit the Rocky Mt Arsenal Wildlife Refuge. But I am heading to Calvert Woodley store in DC next week, and hope to get some American Small Batch.

You have the patience of Job with the drumpfanista zombies on these boards.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:25 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:56 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:47 pm
The problem is that Trump says so many stupid, embarrassing things???
So, is that what is deserving of protection as deserving compartmentalized protection?
You do realize that's an abuse of the classification system, right?
Only in the eyes of leakers who can't get their hands on what they want to leak to undermine their CinC
& to promote their own personal policy agenda.
Shut up and serve our leader.

Loyalty first, country second. That's your attitude, and that's fine.

Many here don't agree. This isn't the military, and the President is supposed to be limited in power.
Some toning it down.

POTUS is the ultimate classification authority. If he chooses to classify his phcon transcripts TS/SCI to safeguard them from leaking, that's his call & totally appropriate. Based on the record, it appears to have been necessary & effective.

This phcon had to be declassified for release & it is not flattering to EU leaders, which impacts Zelesky more critically than Trump.

It doesn't bother me at all that Trump asked Zelesky to investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ, as our treaty agreement calls for. The govt of Ukraine helped Mueller nail Manafort & Gates.
Again, your comments are transparent.
I've made no secret of my contempt for leakers of classified matl.
Yup, and your contempt for whistle blowers who follow the rules.

Remember, most of the illegal leaks have come from the cess pool Trump gathered around him, jockeying for power.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm Some toning it down.
You didn't ask me to tone it down. You want to tone it down? Great. I'm happy to do that. I now expect the same out of you.
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm It doesn't bother me at all that Trump asked Zelesky to investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ, as our treaty agreement calls for.
That wouldn't bother me, either. But that's not what he did.

He named a political opponent, and asked that as "a favor".

And I suspect the name "Joe Biden" doesn't appear anywhere in that Treaty Agreement.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm Some toning it down.
You didn't ask me to tone it down. You want to tone it down? Great. I'm happy to do that. I now expect the same out of you.
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm It doesn't bother me at all that Trump asked Zelesky to investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ, as our treaty agreement calls for.
That wouldn't bother me, either. But that's not what he did.

He named a political opponent, and asked that as "a favor".

And I suspect the name "Joe Biden" doesn't appear anywhere in that Treaty Agreement.
Again, he's fully aware.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Is he? I'd like to hear it from him.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:34 pm
So, is that what is deserving of protection as deserving compartmentalized protection?
Only in the eyes of leakers who can't get their hands on what they want to leak to undermine their CinC

Many here don't agree. This isn't the military, and the President is supposed to be limited in power.
Some toning it down.

POTUS is the ultimate classification authority. If he chooses to classify his phcon transcripts TS/SCI to safeguard them from leaking, that's his call & totally appropriate. Based on the record, it appears to have been necessary & effective.

This phcon had to be declassified for release & it is not flattering to EU leaders, which impacts Zelesky more critically than Trump.

It doesn't bother me at all that Trump asked Zelesky to investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ, as our treaty agreement calls for. The govt of Ukraine helped Mueller nail Manafort & Gates.

Remember, most of the illegal leaks have come from the cess pool Trump gathered around him, jockeying for power.
This is the first WB I've questioned, unless you consider Snowden & Manning to be WBs.

The leaking cess pool is full of careerists who were in govt service before Trump & plan to outlast him.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:48 pm Is he? I'd like to hear it from him.
Hear what ? I don't get a chance to reply. Somebody keeps butting in.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlax was addressing me. So I responded. No need to be rude.

Are you sure you want me to tone it down? It doesn't sound like you do.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:05 pm MDlax was addressing me. So I responded. No need to be rude.

I saw the guy for what he is a looong time ago.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:30 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:05 pm MDlax was addressing me. So I responded. No need to be rude.

Another buttinski, interrupting the conversation.

Who's being rude ?

I ask again. What do you want to hear from me ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:50 pm Hear what ? I don't get a chance to reply. Somebody keeps butting in.
I was giving you an opportunity to answer the MD's question yourself. I'm trying to tone it down, as you requested. I didn't want to impolitely speak for you.

His question was, do you understand the difference between Trump saying to the Ukrainian President:

1. "President Zelesky, can you please investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ"

2. "President Zelesky, can you please investigate what Joe and Hunter Biden did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ"
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:50 pm Hear what ? I don't get a chance to reply. Somebody keeps butting in.
I was giving you an opportunity to answer the MD's question yourself. I'm trying to tone it down, as you requested. I didn't want to impolitely speak for you.

His question was, do you understand the difference between Trump saying to the Ukrainian President:

1. "President Zelesky, can you please investigate what US citizens did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ"

2. "President Zelesky, can you please investigate what Joe and Hunter Biden did in Ukraine & co-operate with our DoJ"
Yes.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Yes.
I just looked back through the last 3 pages of this thread (whew). Where did MD ask me that question ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

It was an implied question. It was where he said "he's fully aware", responding to me saying that there's a difference between asking to investigate US Citizens, and asking to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden.

You said you do see the difference, so we're all set, and can move on. Thank you for answering.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Who's being rude ?

You ain’t the moderator anymore. Use PM.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 pm

Who's being rude ?

You ain’t the moderator anymore. Use PM.
That might prevent me from intuiting the implied questions. .
..& would deprive you of the opportunity for a gratuitous piling on cheap shot.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Changing the subject, did the IG finish his FISA abuse report yet and send it to Barr?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Who's being rude ?

take it to PM ......geez
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:27 pm Fixed this:

“Now, what about (the two years the GOP controlled both houses of Congress?):

Investigating misuse of the public trust Fine, so long as there is equal scrutiny, equal coverage by the media.

Your comments are purely partisan and there's the rub. My criticism was directed at Congress in general but of course in your narrow mind it's all the fault of Rs. And since any of the initiatives I listed are Trump-driven, they're to be discarded or ignored, not because they won't help the country but because you hate Trump. That's sick IMO. You and all the other resistance warriors are drooling over impeachment while the business at hand stagnates. Nice work counselor :roll:

USMCA ratification (GOP controlled Senate; What the heck)
Immigration solutions (GOP can’t compromise because of the endless Trump patter and re-election campaign)
Trade negotiations with China (the Chinese are sure to cave soon, right Larry? Steve?)
the $hitheads in Iran (well, Trump made this mess because of his Obama fetish; what now?)
Denuclearization of Korean Pen (BFFs Forever!!!)
Infrastructure (Democrats are waiting for the Senate on this)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Some toning it down.

This is the first WB I've questioned, unless you consider Snowden & Manning to be WBs.

The leaking cess pool is full of careerists who were in govt service before Trump & plan to outlast him.
I don't consider Snowden or Manning to be legal WB's.
Snowden was certainly a WB on principle, but did not follow the legal process...of course, if there really are folks that believe a legal WB is a 'spy' or a 'traitor' and should be executed if we are 'smart' then it's painfully understandable why, as in Snowden's case, someone would flee possible such retribution. In Snowden's case, he asked two experienced reporters to help sift through the materials to determine what should be disclosed in the public interest and what should be held back for national security. I think he did not have the intent to do damage to the US. But that doesn't excuse his choice of how to do so...unless this event proves he was right to run.

Yes, there are lots of professionals still left. That's not the cess pool.
Most of the leaking, apparently, out of the leakiest White House in history, has been those brought in by Trump, in-fighting.

Return to “POLITICS”