Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The GOP, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by CU88 »

Trump has lit the damn house on fire, but the GOP just wants to go after whoever pulled the fire alarm.

Amateur pro-Trump ‘sleuths’ scramble to unmask whistleblower: ‘Your president has asked for your help’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... your-help/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Met this family a few times, good people in an area that has a lot of hunting nearby and tons of Republicans. Talking about the Binghamton-Scranton corridor before they moved HQ to pitt and also at their farmland just south of the N.Y. border. It’s not fair to blanket people from an area as one way and I still object to this part of stupid, etc, it’s total bs to act like either the other side isn’t deeply flawed or that it would be any good to have a one party country which is an implication of what doc B still writes. I say this as I feel more and more like george will every day.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/28/behind- ... -guns.html
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 pm Remember when the GOP was about state's rights?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -authority

EPA to Unveil Plan to Take Away California’s Authority on Car Emissions
And this on the same subject:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/17/clim ... aiver.html

This is the GOP; senseless, stupid and small. They are not all the same.
mostly, they are. What part of this aren't you getting taats is real? Emissions? What the heck....why isn't everyone riding bikes in California? I am serious. Emission standards in California have done what to curb air and water pollution? (cars leak oil/gas/ATF/etc.)

exactly.

You, of course, don't think anyone from the auto industry meets, donates, etc with any politician in California, ever. Interstate commerce is fickel business.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:00 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 pm Remember when the GOP was about state's rights?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -authority

EPA to Unveil Plan to Take Away California’s Authority on Car Emissions
And this on the same subject:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/17/clim ... aiver.html

This is the GOP; senseless, stupid and small. They are not all the same.
mostly, they are. What part of this aren't you getting taats is real? Emissions? What the heck....why isn't everyone riding bikes in California? I am serious. Emission standards in California have done what to curb air and water pollution? (cars leak oil/gas/ATF/etc.)

exactly.

You, of course, don't think anyone from the auto industry meets, donates, etc with any politician in California, ever. Interstate commerce is fickel business.
Believe it or not, the auto industry supply channel has created thousands of jobs due to fuel efficiency standards. It has been a driver in the economy. Just ask industry participants.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ummm......yeah.......duh......no kidding.

what does this have to do with California NOT leading the way and forcing everyone to ride bikes.?

https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/product/trike/

If only :roll: Tom Steyer used his millions to push state legislators in California to require folks to ride bikes. Maybe Warren margaretaville Buffett can buy a electric bike company and push push push, sell sell sell. Liz Warren probably looks great in a bike outfit, being completely serious. Naughty librarian look, thank you very much.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Rudy Colludy cancelled his paid Russian backed Intel Conference this year, but he attended last year.

Here is the president’s private “lawyer” (emissary is a better word, or perhaps go-between) literally getting paid by the Russian government (paid to speak at a Kremlin-sponsored event is getting Kremlin money).

Rudy Giuliani’s Mystery Trips to Russia, Armenia and Ukraine

https://www.propublica.org/article/trum ... ign=buffer

r's spending time working with Russian to get o d another win in 2020.

DEPLORABLE
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

More on the canceled primary in South Carolina:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... s-lawsuit/

"It was never a good idea for the Republicans, in a convincing imitation of one-party authoritarian states, to insulate Trump from challengers. The move amounted to a primal scream of fear. If the incumbent has between 80 and 90 percent of the party in his corner, of course he is going to want to flaunt it through a series of primaries leading to an inevitable coronation. The only explanation for avoiding such ego-boosters is fear that credible opponents would appear and do damage to his facade of invincibility.

South Carolina’s Republican Party is now trapped. If it reverses and reinstates the primary, it will convey panic about Trump’s prospects. If it doesn’t, it will be left out of the primary process if Trump must be ousted to save the party.

If nothing else, the lawsuit should serve as a warning to other state parties: Keep your options open. Chaining the party’s prospects (not only for president but also for both houses of Congress) to a president floundering as much as this one is dangerous to one’s political health."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

it is an obvious and pure conservation of resources decision by the GOP. Not sure why people are tying to make it out as anything more than that.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

HooDat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:50 pm it is an obvious and pure conservation of resources decision by the GOP. Not sure why people are tying to make it out as anything more than that.
I think -- and I mean this -- it is because people are wistful for a semblance of democracy and the notion, however unreal, that the ballot box has some meaning. A vote for a long-shot, minority candidacy is any meaningful numbers might tell us something about the body politic. People want to make their own statement, and Party functionaries deciding to put a stop to that is untoward.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:24 pm
HooDat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:50 pm it is an obvious and pure conservation of resources decision by the GOP. Not sure why people are tying to make it out as anything more than that.
I think -- and I mean this -- it is because people are wistful for a semblance of democracy and the notion, however unreal, that the ballot box has some meaning. A vote for a long-shot, minority candidacy is any meaningful numbers might tell us something about the body politic. People want to make their own statement, and Party functionaries deciding to put a stop to that is untoward.
I agree with everything you say here. And while it has become more and more common practice for both parties when in power, it is just one more thing that adds fuel to the notion that the system is rigged for the powerful.

Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:40 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:24 pm
I agree with everything you say here. And while it has become more and more common practice for both parties when in power, it is just one more thing that adds fuel to the notion that the system is rigged for the powerful.
It is?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:48 pm It is?
what is? cancelling primaries by the party of the incumbent?

My understanding is that it was done as recently as 2012, when Obama did it in several states, is that not the case?

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

from the ever reliable wiki re the 2012 DNC Primaries:
Four states canceled their respective Democratic primaries altogether, citing Obama being the only candidate to qualify on their respective ballot: Connecticut,[16] Delaware,[17] New York,[18] and Virginia.[19]

Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:48 pm It is?
what is? cancelling primaries by the party of the incumbent?

My understanding is that it was done as recently as 2012, when Obama did it in several states, is that not the case?
Tongue in Cheek. It is rigged for the powerful?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

HooDat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:53 pm from the ever reliable wiki re the 2012 DNC Primaries:
Four states canceled their respective Democratic primaries altogether, citing Obama being the only candidate to qualify on their respective ballot: Connecticut,[16] Delaware,[17] New York,[18] and Virginia.[19]
Yes, and in each of those states the Party rules were followed to allow for due notice and proper timing of the decision. That was NOT done in the case just posted here, hence the lawsuit.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:49 pm
HooDat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:53 pm from the ever reliable wiki re the 2012 DNC Primaries:
Yes, and in each of those states the Party rules were followed to allow for due notice and proper timing of the decision. That was NOT done in the case just posted here, hence the lawsuit.
rules?
You guys think we should follow stinking rules? :roll:

argghh, it's amazing how the Trumpist will swallow absolutely anything that gets peddled out.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm 1/3 thru this guy's 600 pg book American Carnage. It's a bit of a slog, way too much detail, but he points out the trail markers that lead to the rise of Trump & explains his highjacking of the GOP & why he retains a death grip on the party.

Interesting long shot dark horse post-Trump (R) candidate for 2024 ==> Will Hurd.

https://www.pbs.org/video/washington-we ... 19-1x5llu/
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Today’s the day Republicans betray the Kurds. I guess that might change the subject from Impeachment. If Republicans really believed the Deep State deflections they’d hold Senate hearings and drill down on this. Lindsey? You game?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Erdogan: “so hows it going with your properties in Turkey?”

Trump: “beautiful, never better, best properties in the world. Don’t worry about the massive losses and lack of support, it’s just a mirage, like the sand in your desert county.”

Erdogan: “er, while capadoccia is built out of mountainside, were not a desert country. Nonetheless, in briefing it’s been proposed that we staff up our military to move our Kurdish migrants out, it would require a lot
Of real estate to be used and your is perfect even
If not proximately close to any of or needs, but you said you liked those traitorous guys who I hear, some people are telling me, totally work with Joe biden and Elizabeth Warren. Any chance you’d reconsider your support for those scumbags who support your enemies in your country so we could start throwing money at your properties?”

Trump: “I only caught part of that about throwing money at me, was watching a breitbart feed into my bedroom, but sounds great, just tell me what I need to do in order to ring the register!”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:24 am Today’s the day Republicans betray the Kurds. I guess that might change the subject from Impeachment. If Republicans really believed the Deep State deflections they’d hold Senate hearings and drill down on this. Lindsey? You game?
Trump's base doesn't care about the Kurds, never have, hell most of them can't spell it or find them on a map. This was so easy to see coming. I predicted we (the US) would stab these folks in the back - it was only a matter of time. One of the reasons I opposed sticking around in Iraq. We never learn. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”