Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:07 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:51 pm this is paraphrasing Joe Bidens words... I looked at them and said I'm leaving in 6 hours your not getting the money if you don't fire him... SON OF A complain THEY FIRED HIM. I understand how some of those fanatical right wing folks would see that as extortion. I understand even more how the misfits here on the FLP side of the discussion are not smart enough to see the itsy bitsy problem with what Joe just said. I don't have a PhD but it seems to me if you demand a foreign government acquiescence to your demands or you will withhold payment to them... how else is that action to be defined? Son of a complain I want to understand this better... :lol: Sure sounds like extortion to me. I was even curious enough to look up the definition of extortion just for clarification...

Extortion... The practice of obtaining something especially money, through force or threats. So I break it down so I can understand it better. The VP Biden demands that the Ukranians fire the prosecutor investigating the company his son just happens to represent. The wording goes if you don't do it your not getting the billion dollars. What the hell was I thinking... no appearance of impropriety here... ;) Hell maybe, technically this is more reverse extortion... I get it now... :D
Did Joe hide that conversation on a secret server?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/23/poli ... index.html
Just wow.......you see NO PROBLEM with what Joe Biden said? pathetic
Nope, as explained on another thread in detail.
Biden was doing his job in America's interest, not his self-interest.
Biden was doing his job in America's interest, not his self-interest. :lol: :lol: :lol: MD you can't possibly be this dumb. i forgot... you are a lifelong some bizarre type of republican. My apologies to you... you are that dumb. MD you reinforce on a daily basis just how screwed up the republican party is. :lol: So when Mittens was being disemboweled by the democrats did that bother you? The democrats must love republicans such as yourself. You are a Mittens clone. You just want to be loved by the democrats for being fair and open minded and non judgmental of all people. IMO you represent the blueblood Rockefeller wing of the republicans. A bunch of arrogant wealthy elitist country club/yacht club snobs that have never had dirt under your finger nails your entire life. The republicans deserve your ilk...
Ahhh cradle, there you go again being personally insulting.
And you really have no clue how much 'dirt under your fingernails' I and my family have had in our lives.

I've cited the timeline, sorry that it just doesn't line up with the right wing fever swamp's claptrap, but them's the facts...at least as we actually know them.

When other facts can be presented that are actual facts rather than total speculation, I'm happy to consider. I've no affection for Biden (though I do think some of his life story makes him eminently more likable and empathetic than many); I'd just prefer him to Sanders or warren.

It really doesn't matter what part of the GOP might best describe my views, Rockefeller's fine but before my time. HW Bush, Mac Mathias, Jack Kemp...McCain...Flake...

I assume by "Mittens" you mean Mitt Romney? (classic insult of right wing swamp). Yes, I think/thought he was an honorable man, not to mention a very accomplished business leader (night and day on both fronts to DJT). I don't agree that he was "disemboweled" in any sense, though I did resent how the Dems went after him on the binders of women comment as I think his heart was very much in the right place on that one. On the 47% comment, that's on him. I realize he was trying to speak the language of right wing donors in the room he was courting, but it was an egregious mistake and flat wrong to have said. I've been disappointed in his passivity, to date, on Trump...but we'll see.

All that said, Obama was a far better candidate than Mitt, much as I supported Romney.

I have no desire to be 'loved' by anyone in a political sense, but hating or despising the bulk of the ideological left seems to me a recipe for disaster as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:36 am My plumber from South Georgia told me the Biden’s hate god, tried to overthrow Maduro and have sex slaves. He fixed my toilet so it must be true.
Willing to bet your plumber makes more than most of us..........isn't THAT the people we should listen too? Ones that makes more money than us? ;)

In all seriousness, what part of Hunter Biden getting a sweet paying, no show job, DURING his father's administration. Why didn't it bother you than? why doesn't it bother you KNOW?
Not likely and apparently you have spent much time in S Ga. Macon is a meth capital and it looks good compared w Albany GA. Go 15 mi away from the coast near Savannah and woo boy.

I don’t know about hunters job to stipulate it’s a no show job. I don’t like any nepotism or graft, what gave you the notion I did? Just jumping to conclusions like the cripple in office space I see.

Characterizing it as his fathers administration is inaccurate as well. Basically all your comments (letting the Freudian slip of now, know go by more or less) are filled with innuendo, assumptions, some of which I can say for certain are incorrect.

Just tired of the idiocy of all this and so having some fun with the inane defense of the president.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:52 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:36 am My plumber from South Georgia told me the Biden’s hate god, tried to overthrow Maduro and have sex slaves. He fixed my toilet so it must be true.
Willing to bet your plumber makes more than most of us..........isn't THAT the people we should listen too? Ones that makes more money than us? ;)

In all seriousness, what part of Hunter Biden getting a sweet paying, no show job, DURING his father's administration. Why didn't it bother you than? why doesn't it bother you KNOW?
Not likely and apparently you have spent much time in S Ga. Macon is a meth capital and it looks good compared w Albany GA. Go 15 mi away from the coast near Savannah and woo boy.

I don’t know about hunters job to stipulate it’s a no show job. I don’t like any nepotism or graft, what gave you the notion I did? Just jumping to conclusions like the cripple in office space I see.

Characterizing it as his fathers administration is inaccurate as well. Basically all your comments (letting the Freudian slip of now, know go by more or less) are filled with innuendo, assumptions, some of which I can say for certain are incorrect.

Just tired of the idiocy of all this and so having some fun with the inane defense of the president.
I haven't read anyone on here saying that they knew for a fact that Hunter Biden deserved his paycheck...and if not, that's it's just cool that he got paid for his name alone. No one. Pretty sure folks have made clear that such turns stomachs, when true.

But we Do read all sorts of unfounded speculation that he, for sure, didn't have to do anything but let them use his name, and worse, that he actually was involved in some sort of nefarious, corrupt influence peddling or some such. None of that is founded in fact.

But if it was indeed true and factual, who on here would have a problem with critiquing that behavior, Hunter or even Joe for that matter?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Right if we knew it was a bogus job than it’s no bueno. And I suspect it probably was at least partially to engender favor w dad and the White House, but I don’t know that and was responding to the comment “no show job”. Is that verified as what it was or just people stating as fact something that’s not been verified as fact, which is a bad technique to be dishonest.

I also don’t think it’s equivalent to describe it as “his administration” as VP, Obama seemed pretty independent in his decision making and as much influenced by many others as hiss VP-Biden. Still would be wrong to have a bogus job but the distinction is worth pointing out as folks do a lot of equivocating and moral relativistic posturing all over to defense whoever their boy’s behavior is. I’m targeting the specific language the guy used.

Of course I’d be down on Biden and don’t really think that much of him as a politician, seems like a typical beltway insider career politician. Don’t think he’s a horrible human being like some that have resided in the White House this decade, but he seems like a basic simpleton politician who cares about people but has gotten comfortable with the lifestyle and perks of a significant politician. But I haven’t seen hard evidence, which may exist, that this gig of his kid’s is what is being stated as fact.
old salt

Post by old salt »

It would be helpful if our MSM investigated & told us whether or not it was a no show job & reported what Hunter Biden did to earn that much money.

That's not an unreasonable thing to ask from our MSM regarding the son of the front runner to be our next President.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:00 pm It would be helpful if our MSM investigated & told us whether or not it was a no show job & reported what Hunter Biden did to earn that much money.

That's not an unreasonable thing to ask from our MSM regarding the son of the front runner to be our next President.
No, it isn't.

I told you why I thought the MSM (which includes FoxNews), for example, hasn't done that yet. My opinion is that they wait until the last year of the election, when the candidate pool has thinned out, and that's when the hammer comes down. You think I'm wrong, and that's fine.

My question to you is, ok, then what do you think the reason is that MSM hasn't done that reporting yet?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:14 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:00 pm It would be helpful if our MSM investigated & told us whether or not it was a no show job & reported what Hunter Biden did to earn that much money.

No, it isn't.

I told you why I thought the MSM (which includes FoxNews), for example, hasn't done that yet. My opinion is that they wait until the last year of the election, when the candidate pool has thinned out, and that's when the hammer comes down. You think I'm wrong, and that's fine.

My question to you is, ok, then what do you think the reason is that MSM hasn't done that reporting yet?
Beats me. You'd think there'd be enough interest to justify some detailed reporting by now.

Maybe if Trump & Rudy kick up enough dust, our MSM will be forced to do the updated reporting that provides the substance needed to "debunk" the claims being made by Trump & Rudy, ...which the Biden campaign is asking them to do.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

How about we see the President’s tax return?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:00 am

Had the MSM pursued Hunter Biden's foreign earnings story, with a fraction of the energy they expended going after Trump's taxes, or his & his family's business earnings, then we'd have had the answers long ago.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

This isn’t giving Trump’s taxes a pass.

This is asking for the same level of investigative attention Trump got when he was the lead candidate.

Alas, we best not hold our breath.

Going out on a limb- we’ll see 1/10th of the moxie or coverage from the media on this one.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:01 am This is asking for the same level of investigative attention Trump got when he was the lead candidate..
When did Trump start getting hit by the media? I mean REALLY hit?

The year that the election is held. Like always. It's what they do.

Trump's claims about Biden have already been debunked.

The conflicts of interest have not. They won't be debunked. Hunter should have stayed out of the Ukraine until Daddy left office. He didn't. That's a no-no.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

or, how about we don't cut our lawn........ :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

VP Biden said, "just call the President, he will tell you the same thing " (Ukraine funds will NOT be released until.....)

Anyone defending Hunter getting that job, the timing, the pay, the evil fossil fuel company (don't pretends claim fossil fuel is bad, yet it's ok for HUnter to work for one? huh )

hypocrites.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You mad bro?

By the way, I have no problem with natural gas. I’m fact I found it horrifying that I can go see execs of a small bank in Mansfield Pa who’s flush w deposits bc they can frack then go over to see what’s left of my fathers family and visit his tombstone in Steuben Co NY and see the gross poverty bc NYC likes to dictate and keep upstate NY as their pristine playground. It’s idiotic.

But your projecting all sorts of things that aren’t facts over and over again. Better here than kicking your dog I guess.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 am

Had the MSM pursued Hunter Biden's foreign earnings story, with a fraction of the energy they expended going after Trump's taxes, or his & his family's business earnings, then we'd have had the answers long ago.
What has stopped republican media proxies from investigating?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:31 am You mad bro?

By the way, I have no problem with natural gas. I’m fact I found it horrifying that I can go see execs of a small bank in Mansfield Pa who’s flush w deposits bc they can frack then go over to see what’s left of my fathers family and visit his tombstone in Steuben Co NY and see the gross poverty bc NYC likes to dictate and keep upstate NY as their pristine playground. It’s idiotic.

But your projecting all sorts of things that aren’t facts over and over again. Better here than kicking your dog I guess.
who doesn't love Renovo, PA ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:42 am

please, just stop. Epoch times is covering the story............same with breetbart, who is no captain beefhart ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:17 am

please, just stop. Epoch times is covering the story............same with breetbart, who is no captain beefhart ;)
Well nobody can complain about a “media” investigation not being conducted.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:38 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:17 am

Well nobody can complain about a “media” investigation not being conducted.
Pretty disgusting display by Rudy this AM.

Come on guys, you gotta dump this albatross.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump's daughter works at the WH
Her husband works at the WH
Rudy's son works at the WH
Barr's son in law works at the WH
Barr's daughter works at Treasury
Trumps sons do foreign business
His daughter is getting Chinese patents and Saudi grants. She's the former officer of a fraudulent charity, a shoe-design thief and White House "advisor." And she's the current trademark owner for sunglasses, shoes, purses, sausage casings, senior care homes, and voting machines.
But sure, let's talk about Hunter Biden
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”