Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:51 am In early May, Rudy said the quiet part out loud:
“We’re meddling in an investigation...[T]his isn’t foreign policy...[T]hey shouldn’t stop it because that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government."

Bill Kristol.
We are beginning to get a clearer picture on how the right wing media 'journalists' have fed the Trumpist fever swamp.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-me ... conspiracy

One ironic aspect is that because Trump is 'tuned into' this media swamp of actual 'Fake News', he may well be confused about which narrative actually best represents truth and, thus, has clearly pursued actions and said things that are now getting him into deep boiling water.

For instance, maybe he really does believe that America interferes with elections abroad much akin to the Russian' interference in ours. Maybe he does think that because we promote democracy and free and fair elections abroad that's the same as Russian promotion of authoritarianism and hard divisions. Maybe he really does believe that Radio Free America is the same as secret cyber warfare...

Maybe he really does believe that Putin's a good guy and beloved by his people? Maybe he really does believe that the Magnitsky sanctions are preventing realpolitik cooperation with Russia.

Maybe he really does believe Biden's actions in Ukraine were self-serving (after all Trump certainly would have no compunction about having done so).

Someone should ask him whether the moon landing was real.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Was the moon landing real? Find it strange that the math will take years to calculate (according to NASA) to go back to the moon. :roll:
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the "principles" behind impeachment:

:oops:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Such a true statement. And when the left threatens impeachment over no facts...Lindsey was right then and now.

Thanks for supporting the right for once. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:58 am Was the moon landing real? Find it strange that the math will take years to calculate (according to NASA) to go back to the moon. :roll:
Ok, can't tell whether the rolling eyes is also a wink, wink, or you actually buy that conspiracy theory too?

The crazy thing is that a pretty good size chunk of Americans actually believe that baloney. Scary.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:43 am Such a true statement. And when the left threatens impeachment over no facts...Lindsey was right then and now.

No facts, eh? Trump tells you what he did, and somehow in your mind, that doesn't count as fact.

Alright. You put your stake in the ground.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You know Lindsey Graham is a complete doughnut right?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:23 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:43 am Such a true statement. And when the left threatens impeachment over no facts...Lindsey was right then and now.

No facts, eh? Trump tells you what he did, and somehow in your mind, that doesn't count as fact.

Alright. You put your stake in the ground.
Beat me to it. “No facts.” Wow.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:34 pm You know Lindsey Graham is a complete doughnut right?
Full grown adults. I don't get this mentality, and I never will.

I picture partisans in math class as children, and when the teacher calls on them and asks "does 1+1=2?" and they reply "that depends. Who did you vote for last election?"

Never understood this, never will.

For me, if Pelosi follows through, and starts proceedings, a bill extending an excise tax cut will get buried. If that bill fails, I'm out about $500K each and every year.

And somehow, I STILL think it's not ok to ask a corrupt foreign leader to "investigate" a political opponent.

I must have magic beans or something. I'm STUNNED that millions of Americans don't care.

Ethics is a political game, not a guideline for living, apparently. Who knew? I'm wondering what all these people tell their kids when it comes to right and wrong. "Hey, I don't care that you're bullying those smaller kids, because their dad voted for Hillary/Trump."
Last edited by a fan on Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yeah, I’m stunned too. At age 64, I’ve learned that I live in a very different country than the one I had naively believed that I lived in for all these years.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:07 pm Yeah, I’m stunned too. At age 64, I’ve learned that I live in a very different country than the one I had naively believed that I lived in for all these years.
Yes. I said this to a co-worker yesterday. I’m 59; I really thought there was a rough consensus around right and wrong.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I don't even think it gets to that. They don't think it's even a close call between right and wrong.

Republicans are acting like it's INSANE to think that asking a corrupt foreign leader to investigate a rival is wrong.

And this is after losing their *hit for 3 years over what they think was an unlawful investigation into Trump.

You could waste 1,000 lifetimes trying to explain this "logic" to aliens, and they still wouldn't get it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:30 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:07 pm Yeah, I’m stunned too. At age 64, I’ve learned that I live in a very different country than the one I had naively believed that I lived in for all these years.
Yes. I said this to a co-worker yesterday. I’m 59; I really thought there was a rough consensus around right and wrong.
You can add five to one of you and ten to the other, and I feel exactly the same way (sadly).
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Limelight

Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage

Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

More germane to this conversation:

But glittering prizes
And endless compromises
Shatter the illusion
Of integrity, yeah

-Spirit of the Radio ;)
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:58 pm Limelight

Approaches the unreal
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage

Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

And we are merely players
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage
That song has nothing to do with decaying values.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:09 pm More germane to this conversation:

But glittering prizes
And endless compromises
Shatter the illusion
Of integrity, yeah

-Spirit of the Radio ;)
Indeed!
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:58 pm Limelight

Approaches the unreal
In touch with some reality (Trump)
Beyond the gilded cage (Trump)

Cast in this unlikely role (Trump)
Ill-equipped to act (Trump)
With insufficient tact (Trump)
One must put up barriers (Trump)
To keep oneself intact (Trump)

And we are merely players (us stuck in this mess)
Each another's audience (us stuck in this mess)
Outside the gilded cage (us stuck in this mess)
That song has nothing to do with decaying values.
The part in red is what drew me to this song. Not the decaying value but poilics
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, but it was in response to those of us seeing decaying values....truth, integrity, honesty, self-respect are just words anymore, they used to be far more than just words.
https://www.songfacts.com/facts/rush/limelight
a fan

Post by a fan »

If it means anything, I understand the vitriol that you and Old Salt share toward MSNBC and nonsense fake-left media, youthathletics. And I understand that you can't stand that they hit anything and everything Trump, not matter what he does.

What you might not understand is that real lefties can't stand Maddow because she waves through all the Dem's Horsesh*t through. She didn't use to. But she does now. It's crazy how much she's changed in 3 years.

These real libs hate Biden and Hillary, and feel they betrayed liberalism. And they're not wrong. And i have DOZENS of these people on my facebook feed. They're most closely aligned to runrusselrun on the political scale. But they don't ever pull RRR's "whataboutisms" to justify what one party or another does. They condemn them all.

Return to “POLITICS”