Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ABV 8.3%

Re: Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

Post by ABV 8.3% »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:05 pm
The hypocrisy of Trump and the republicans is off the charts on this one, like so many other issues. :roll: Biden doesn't have a good look but nothing illegal. Meanwhile Trump's family is rife with the same shilt and Trump himself is corrupt as the day is long. One of his first executive orders, within a couple weeks of taking office was to rescind the Cardin-Lugar amendment making it legal to offer bribes to foreign corporations and individuals. Scum bags.
taat-same. You agree. But only Trump clan is corrupt, NO OTHER politician is :roll: got it.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:55 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:20 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 pm Nothing to see here. Just good old fashioned influence peddling. Move along. Boot licking investment bankers get it.

Nothing sinister like offering below market rate lodging to stranded USAF flight crews.
:lol: Hmmmm. Which of your BS excuses as to why this behavior is super-cool should we use here? Let's see.

1. So what? That's not illegal
2. They knew Biden was a corrupt POS before he was elected, so the voters can't complain now
3. Stop your crying, old salt. You can vote him out later.
4. "That's different"
5. The MSM covered this already, and voters didn't care

Hey, why choose? Go ahead and use all five! Hooray!!

You don't get to complain anymore, sorry. You waved all of it through, and mocked ANYONE who dared to say that they didn't like what our leaders do.

Look in the mirror. It's guys like you who tell leaders like Biden "I don't care that you do that because I like your policies".
You're crying. I'm saying move along. Business as usual for the sleazy boot licking investment bankers.

What took you so long ? Where's your outrage over the Biden family influence peddling.
I expect a preachy ethics tantrum from you at least equivalent to your Prestwick/Turnberry meltdown.
Explain to us what Hunter did to earn those Ukranian millions & why it wasn't a conflict of interest.
Your turn to answer some questions.
AFAN is a 5th degree black belt in net moving.......HE fits in nicely with the cadre of deniers. Only trump is bad, NO ONE ELSE. He doesn't need to answer your questions.

Can we start talking about HIllary yet, pretends? :lol: :lol:
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:51 pm this is paraphrasing Joe Bidens words... I looked at them and said I'm leaving in 6 hours your not getting the money if you don't fire him... SON OF A complain THEY FIRED HIM. I understand how some of those fanatical right wing folks would see that as extortion. I understand even more how the misfits here on the FLP side of the discussion are not smart enough to see the itsy bitsy problem with what Joe just said. I don't have a PhD but it seems to me if you demand a foreign government acquiescence to your demands or you will withhold payment to them... how else is that action to be defined? Son of a complain I want to understand this better... :lol: Sure sounds like extortion to me. I was even curious enough to look up the definition of extortion just for clarification...

Extortion... The practice of obtaining something especially money, through force or threats. So I break it down so I can understand it better. The VP Biden demands that the Ukranians fire the prosecutor investigating the company his son just happens to represent. The wording goes if you don't do it your not getting the billion dollars. What the hell was I thinking... no appearance of impropriety here... ;) Hell maybe, technically this is more reverse extortion... I get it now... :D
Did Joe hide that conversation on a secret server?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/23/poli ... index.html
Just wow.......you see NO PROBLEM with what Joe Biden said? pathetic
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:29 pm
get it to x wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm I am a big Trump fan but you would have a hard time proving any of this is illegal. Is it ethical? Ethics only apply to the average Joe or Josephine.
You tell your kids that?
get it to x wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm He's also a successful executive, which is the number one job qualification.
:lol: He inherited tens of millions from daddy. In what world does that mean he's a successful executive?

Using your metric, my daughter is going to be a successful executive before she sets one foot in our family business.
Trump could have snorted his inheritance.....unless you do NOT believe in the Phd''s fact finding that 75% of first generation of folks that inherit millions lose it all. ALL. Do you dispute this claim? (claim)

Your children, will they have their inherited millions by age 70?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'm loathe to even engage in another thread on this with such nonsense being spewed.

ABV, you are ignoring the realities.

No one is suggesting that only Trump and his cronies are corrupt... or stupid or racist or misogynists or...

However, IMO we've never in my lifetime (including Nixon) ever seen anything akin to this guy and his cronies.
It is truly way beyond, deeper and broader, than anything we've ever seen before.

I'd also say that there are, thankfully, many good people in government, doing their best for their fellow Americans. Including in this Administration.

Indeed, thankfully not all politicians, much less civil servants, are corrupted by greed, power, etc.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am
get it to x wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm I am a big Trump fan but you would have a hard time proving any of this is illegal. Is it ethical? Ethics only apply to the average Joe or Josephine.
You tell your kids that?
get it to x wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm He's also a successful executive, which is the number one job qualification.
:lol: He inherited tens of millions from daddy. In what world does that mean he's a successful executive?

Using your metric, my daughter is going to be a successful executive before she sets one foot in our family business.
Trump could have snorted his inheritance.....unless you do NOT believe in the Phd''s fact finding that 75% of first generation of folks that inherit millions lose it all. ALL. Do you dispute this claim? (claim)

Good lord, do most of these kids commit tax fraud too?
Is that your definition of "success"???
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:07 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:51 pm this is paraphrasing Joe Bidens words... I looked at them and said I'm leaving in 6 hours your not getting the money if you don't fire him... SON OF A complain THEY FIRED HIM. I understand how some of those fanatical right wing folks would see that as extortion. I understand even more how the misfits here on the FLP side of the discussion are not smart enough to see the itsy bitsy problem with what Joe just said. I don't have a PhD but it seems to me if you demand a foreign government acquiescence to your demands or you will withhold payment to them... how else is that action to be defined? Son of a complain I want to understand this better... :lol: Sure sounds like extortion to me. I was even curious enough to look up the definition of extortion just for clarification...

Extortion... The practice of obtaining something especially money, through force or threats. So I break it down so I can understand it better. The VP Biden demands that the Ukranians fire the prosecutor investigating the company his son just happens to represent. The wording goes if you don't do it your not getting the billion dollars. What the hell was I thinking... no appearance of impropriety here... ;) Hell maybe, technically this is more reverse extortion... I get it now... :D

Nope, as explained on another thread in detail.
Biden was doing his job in America's interest, not his self-interest.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am
You tell your kids that?

:lol: Not my fault these people are idiots.

So if I give my daughter a trust fund that releases a million dollars every 10 years until she's 70, you're telling me that you'll be impressed by her business acumen? You're saying yes.

You guys are just too much.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:03 am
AFAN is a 5th degree black belt in net moving.......HE fits in nicely with the cadre of deniers. Only trump is bad, NO ONE ELSE. He doesn't need to answer your questions.
You are so full of it. I've had the same position on these things for well over a decade. You have the worst memory of anyone here. And make asinine complaints, acting like the people are are wild-eyed Hillary fans.

You've got one, and only one, blind Democrat, and that's DocB. Everyone else easily discussed Obama's mistakes and failings. Everyone else knows full well that Hillary is a corrupt POS.

So just stop.

YOU, on the other hand, respond to any criticisms the exact same way. "Hillary did it, too", as if that fixes the problem.

And hey, speaking of hypocrisy, Mr. "everyone is a hypocrite except me", we're days away from the start of Trump's last year. How many times have you and your Tea Party buddies marched and protested Trump's spending and deficit..

Take your time coming up with why you're not a hypocrite on that count.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:01 am taat-same. You agree. But only Trump clan is corrupt, NO OTHER politician is :roll: got it.
So a sitting President asks a corrupt foreign leader if he can, as a "favor", start a fake investigation into a political rival....

And your response to this is "whataboutHunterBiden"?

For a guy who keeps up with all this political stuff, you sure are lost at sea when it comes to what is important, and what isn't nearly as important.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You tell your kids that?

You have tens of millions? Can a brother get a loan???
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:24 pm Can a brother get a loan???
Apparently not.

If I don't give it all to my daughter, the brilliant business minds of this board won't think she's a successful business executive. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

By the way....this is circulating among my liberal friends on Facebook.

It's almost as if right is right, and wrong is wrong, not matter what we're talking about. What a concept.

Headline: Hunter Biden’s Perfectly Legal, Socially Acceptable Corruption

subtitled: Donald Trump committed an impeachable offense, but prominent Americans also shouldn’t be leveraging their names for payoffs from shady clients abroad.

Text: But the egregiousness of these acts must not blind us to the culture of influence-peddling that surrounds and enables them. That culture is fundamental to the cynical state we are in, and it needs examining. All too often, the scandal isn’t that the conduct in question is forbidden by federal law, but rather, how much scandalous conduct is perfectly legal—and broadly accepted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... T8JZG4xqHc
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Politics has become, well....

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:24 pm Can a brother get a loan???
Apparently not.

If I don't give it all to my daughter, the brilliant business minds of this board won't think she's a successful business executive. ;)
As per usual (as of late), more net moving.

What part of 75% or trust fund kids LOOSE IT ALL IN THE FIRST GENERATION....are you choosing to ignore, yet again?

If your offspring, 30 years after getting the max allowed without taxes ($14 million ), still has that $14 million, does that make them a good business person? (who IS a good business person? ) I can't answer that question, because your versions of good, or food/drink tastes, music, in all things.....may or may not be the same. savy ;)

All it does, by retaining that $14 million after 30 years, is put your offspring in the 25%. That IS all...........spin it any way you want, but it's a fact that trump is NOT in the 75%, who lost it all.

And, still can't wrap my head around why trump was FABRICATING (schiff's, not his crackpipe)...or what you say, 'fake', anything about a sitting VP withholding funds until the lawyer STOPS investigating my sons FOSSIL fuel company. because he is NOT the President......IS net moving.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 pm By the way....this is circulating among my liberal friends on Facebook.

It's almost as if right is right, and wrong is wrong, not matter what we're talking about. What a concept.

Headline: Hunter Biden’s Perfectly Legal, Socially Acceptable Corruption

subtitled: Donald Trump committed an impeachable offense, but prominent Americans also shouldn’t be leveraging their names for payoffs from shady clients abroad.

Text: But the egregiousness of these acts must not blind us to the culture of influence-peddling that surrounds and enables them. That culture is fundamental to the cynical state we are in, and it needs examining. All too often, the scandal isn’t that the conduct in question is forbidden by federal law, but rather, how much scandalous conduct is perfectly legal—and broadly accepted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... T8JZG4xqHc
yeah, already been linked (no blog software that stops similar/same links exist :roll: )
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:51 am

And hey, speaking of hypocrisy, Mr. "everyone is a hypocrite except me", we're days away from the start of Trump's last year. How many times have you and your Tea Party buddies marched and protested Trump's spending and deficit..

Take your time coming up with why you're not a hypocrite on that count.
Talk about asinine. Name my T.E.A. party buddies? The list is important, bc every single member of congress that claims to caucus with said "party", IS not a friend.

I didn't march in 2009 (was raising a bent that day), so me NOT marching now makes me a hypocrite?

Let's talk reality. Organization. (you really think fecesbook/google will let you have a T.E.A party website and massive coalition, support, like the recent climate strike walkout event had. Guess YOU missed the memo, because apparently, they JUST started planning for last fridays' public school supported walkout, while meeting on the Vineyard in late August, of this year :roll: )

https://globalclimatestrike.net/partners/

So, me calling out fake CONservatives , like trump the RINO, and my disdain for trump, biden, ......mitch mc-healthcarestockowner- onnell, etc., because they SPEND money..........on USE less wars....and my constant support of Tulsi Gabbard (not your fake liberal facebook friends tho...hmmm)

makes me a hypocrite.....got it. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:27 pm So, me calling out fake CONservatives , like trump the RINO, and my disdain for trump, biden, ......mitch mc-healthcarestockowner- onnell, etc., because they SPEND money..........on USE less wars....and my constant support of Tulsi Gabbard (not your fake liberal facebook friends tho...hmmm)

makes me a hypocrite.....got it. :lol:
You told me you were a member of the Tea Party, implying you were active, and part of the movement.

Now you're telling me that you aren't/weren't.

Which is it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 pm
If your offspring, 30 years after getting the max allowed without taxes ($14 million ), still has that $14 million, does that make them a good business person? (who IS a good business person? ) I can't answer that question
Then we're having two totally different conversation, and we're all good here.

I'm simply laughing at the notion that inheriting tens of millions from Daddy and simply not losing that money means "therefore", you're a good executive. I have nothing against inheritance. I'm reacting to the claim that inheriting money is the same thing a successfully running a company. One has nothing to do with the other.
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 pm And, still can't wrap my head around why trump was FABRICATING (schiff's, not his crackpipe)...or what you say, 'fake', anything about a sitting VP withholding funds until the lawyer STOPS investigating my sons FOSSIL fuel company. because he is NOT the President......IS net moving.
Want to try this again, and use English, so I can understand what you are talking about?

Do you not understand that I believe that Hunter doing business over there while Daddy is VP, and doing political work in Ukraine is a conflict of interest, and wrong?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:07 am

Nope, as explained on another thread in detail.
Biden was doing his job in America's interest, not his self-interest.
Biden was doing his job in America's interest, not his self-interest. :lol: :lol: :lol: MD you can't possibly be this dumb. i forgot... you are a lifelong some bizarre type of republican. My apologies to you... you are that dumb. MD you reinforce on a daily basis just how screwed up the republican party is. :lol: So when Mittens was being disemboweled by the democrats did that bother you? The democrats must love republicans such as yourself. You are a Mittens clone. You just want to be loved by the democrats for being fair and open minded and non judgmental of all people. IMO you represent the blueblood Rockefeller wing of the republicans. A bunch of arrogant wealthy elitist country club/yacht club snobs that have never had dirt under your finger nails your entire life. The republicans deserve your ilk...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”