Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: IMPEACHMENT (yes, it began with Mueller)

Post by DocBarrister »

ggait wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:33 pm Think we need to start referring to the Trump-enablers as "Banana Republicans."
:)

DocBarrister :D
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Gym Jordan is unbelievable.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:40 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:37 pm
Trinity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:09 pm Tulsi Gabbard now supports an Impeachment Inquiry.
Quoting her today:
"Up to this point, I have been opposed to pursuing impeachment because it will further divide our already badly divided country,” she said in a statement. “However, after looking carefully at the transcript of the conversation with Ukraine’s President, the whistleblower complaint, the Inspector General memo, and President Trump’s comments about the issue, unfortunately, I believe that if we do not proceed with the inquiry, it will set a very dangerous precedent.”

“If we allow the President to abuse his or her power, then our society will rot from top to bottom,” she continued. “We will turn into a banana republic, where people in positions of power—from the president all the way down to the traffic cop—will feel it’s okay to abuse their power with no consequences.”
Like I said prior to the 2016 election, Trump will turn this country into the Congo.
And from what we have seen so far from Trump and his crime family (administration), that is actually an insult to the Congo.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

And we can thank Bill Clinton for this beautiful Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters that gives Trump or any US POTUS the green light to communicate with Ukraine on matters of criminal investigation.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

First House Republican to support Impeachment Inquiry. https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4634 ... nt-inquiry
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 pm First House Republican to support Impeachment Inquiry. https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4634 ... nt-inquiry
Worried about re-election in a state that is moving blue pretty quickly.

I am surprised Will Hurd hasn't come out in favor.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:16 pmIn no way at all was it confusing about whether Schiff was 'reading' Trump's words, indeed he made very clear from the outset of his recitation that he was summarizing the gist, the message, contained in the call so that we could all decipher the logic flow...which he indeed captured pretty darn accurately, though with a flourish here or there for emphasis. He later made clear that he was parodying Trump's words for effect.
Would the subsequent video clips of Schiff's recitation make clear to the uninitiated viewer that it was a parody ?
I haven't seen the video clips; I watched it live, the whole thing.

My wife reacted to it as inappropriate, much less ill-advised, and I agree.
At a minimum it was unnecessary.
The real words were more than enough.

But no one should have been confused, unless they were half brain dead...which none of us on here qualify as being!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:13 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:04 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:51 am Saw Maguire yesterday. Once again the POTUS has put a good guy in a tough spot. I thought Maguire did the best he could answering questions. Of all the characters parades before Congress these past 12 months or so. He actually showed himself to be a quality individual. Nothing at all like Barr and Kavanaugh...(though not a politician, that VDH guy is another guy that was unimpressive in the flesh).

I wonder who’s idea it was to use the secret server? How many other calls were also hidden in this manner and what has the POTUS discussed with Vlad when nobody is in the room. Further investigation is warranted.
Maguire doesn't deserve a medal for what he did, his decisions, but he is not a scum bag.
Nope. He bungled it but he does not appear to be a toady or a boot licker.
That's my read too.
Rock and a hard place, should/could have done differently, but ultimately it just slowed the wheels to the truth for a few weeks.
But no corrupt intent...at least I sure hope that's the case as I really do want to believe that good guys remain in service.
DocBarrister

Trump’s Treason

Post by DocBarrister »

Trump practically invited the Russians to continue their interference in American elections in support of him. That’s TREASON.

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.
The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the previous day had relieved “great pressure” on him.
A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to all but a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president’s comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Oh, and the Trump Crime Family (administration) worked to cover this up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Not according to McMaster. From the beloved Examiner. “Trump says nothing inappropriate in meeting with Russians.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mcma ... h-russians
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Maybe just a CYA from McMaster because if the Post reporting is correct he is in on the coverup as well...
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:27 pm Not according to McMaster. From the beloved Examiner. “Trump says nothing inappropriate in meeting with Russians.”
Just a Republican MSM proxie
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:42 pm
Trinity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:27 pm Not according to McMaster. From the beloved Examiner. “Trump says nothing inappropriate in meeting with Russians.”
This is great. The Examiner will be pleased to learn they've been accorded MSM status in this elite forum.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 pm
This is great. The Examiner will be pleased to learn they've been accorded MSM status in this elite forum.
a proxy, but a very poor one.

It's going to be very interesting to learn what else was hidden from view in the special server intended for truly critical classified info, not politically embarrassing or criminal acts.

We're hearing that one such is a transcript/summary of the Lavrov discussion, including Trump telling the Russians it was perfectly fine to have interfered in our election in 2016...

Gonna be fascinating to learn what he said to Putin and to the Saudis...others?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 pm

It's going to be very interesting to learn what else was hidden from view in the special server intended for truly critical classified info, not politically embarrassing or criminal acts.

We're hearing that one such is a transcript/summary of the Lavrov discussion, including Trump telling the Russians it was perfectly fine to have interfered in our election in 2016...

My bad. It’s just a Republican media proxie. ( no ms)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... e=Homepage

Even invoking The Federalist 65:

"Some of Mr. Trump’s defenders assert that no criminal statute prevents a president from soliciting foreign interference in American elections. But the law is clear that impeachment does not require a crime. In fact, the absence of a criminal statute to restrain this sort of abuse of authority only reinforces the need for Congress to act in accordance with the aims of the framers of the Constitution. As Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist No. 65, impeachment was provided as a response not just to crimes but to acts that were an “abuse or violation of some public trust.” During this administration, Americans have discovered to their sorrow the degree to which past presidents were constrained not by specific laws but only by tradition, character and an understanding of the framers’ intent. Mr. Trump has proved immune to such considerations."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:07 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:33 pm Think we need to start referring to the Trump-enablers as "Banana Republicans."
:)

DocBarrister :D
How dare you besmirch bananas in that manner! Or they’re republican masters!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Imagine being a US national security official who has been working tirelessly for the past two and a half years to try to defend US elections only to learn that the President of the United States personally told Russia he didn't care and your colleagues covered it up.”— Susan Hennessy

Trump usually denies it even happened, but not to the guys who did it. That would be dumb.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 pm

My bad. It’s just a Republican media proxie. ( no ms)
I learn something new every day:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=proxie
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

In early May, Rudy said the quiet part out loud:
“We’re meddling in an investigation...[T]his isn’t foreign policy...[T]hey shouldn’t stop it because that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government."

Bill Kristol.

Return to “POLITICS”