Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Orange Duce

Post by seacoaster »

No bottom to this guy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Below is a transcript from a nine-minute video of Trump’s remarks obtained by The Washington Post. Here, Il Duce is speaking with the folks who help represent the country at the United Nations.

The video begins as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Kelly Craft leaves the stage and Trump takes the podium:

“They tell you you’re going to be a star; the only way you’re going to be a star, no matter how you look or feel or talk, is when you make good deals. I found that out over the years, you’ve got to make good deals; otherwise it’s over. And [Craft] is going to make great deals.

I was with her now for three days, and she’s developed incredible relationships in a very short period of time and we appreciate it. (Looks at her) You’ll be out there. You’ll be in the firing line today for us. For instance, today I just heard while I’m coming up here, you know they have a whistleblower (laughter); he turned out to be a fake, he’s a fake, a highly partisan whistleblower. The lawyer contributed to Biden, they contributed to — the whole thing is — but more importantly, you know what the whistleblower [complaint] is? The same letter that we announced yesterday, which was perfect; I couldn’t have written it better if I wrote it myself. I could not have said or had a better conversation.

And we had a really nice gentleman in the president of Ukraine yesterday. And he was — he was good. They said, ‘Was he pressuring you?’ You know, these animals in the press. They’re animals. Some of the worst human beings you’ll ever meet. (An audience member yells: “Fake news!”) They’re scum, many of them are scum. You have some good reporters, but not many, I’ll be honest with you. And that’s one of the things we battle. (Looks at Craft) You’ll find out, but they’ll probably like you better than they like me, but I had to get us here, right?

They are total — just terrible dishonest people. And they were crazy — they couldn’t figure out, ‘What do we say bad about this conversation?’ Then it turns out they had senators, Democrat senators, who went over there and strong-armed the guy: “You better damn well do this, or you’re not going to get any money from Congress.” Oh, I see, that’s okay? And then you have Sleepy Joe Biden, who’s dumb as a rock. (laughter)

This guy was dumb on his best day, and he’s not having his best day right now. He’s dumb as a rock. So you have Sleepy Joe, and he goes up, and his kid, who’s got a lot of problems, he got thrown out of the Navy for problems. I mean, look, I’m not going to — it’s a problem, that’s a problem, so we won’t get into why and all that. But he got thrown out of the Navy, and now this kid goes into Ukraine, walks away with millions of dollars, and he becomes a consultant for $50,000 a month. And he doesn’t know anything compared to anybody in this room. Okay? He’s a stiff; he knows nothing. He’s walking away with $50,000, or as you would say in the old days, 50K a month. Not bad. Would anybody else in this room like to represent Ukraine for $50,000?

That’s on top (points to the audience and says, “You got the job”) that’s on top of hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars. But that’s not the best one. The best one was China. This came up. So now he goes to China, and I was with the head of Blackstone, which is the big deal. Steve Schwarzman. I said, “Steve, is that possible?” “No, why? Why? Who got that? Who got that?” I said. “Biden’s son.” “Ooh,” Well, then, you know, he says, “Maybe I shouldn’t get involved, you know it’s very political.” I say, “Steve, what happens when you come off a vice-presidential plane, it’s called Air Force Two, your father’s with you, you walk into a room in China and they give you a fund of $1.5 billion, billion; you make hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions of dollars off that. And that’s probably not all they gave him. They gave him plenty more, I’m sure. We might never find out.

And then they talk about me, and I didn’t do anything. I don’t know if I’m the most innocent person in the world. But, you know, you look at that — most presidential, I’m the most presidential, except for possibly Abe Lincoln when he wore the hat — that was tough to beat.

Remember we used to do that during the campaign. They used to say, when I speak, the crowd would be crazy, I’d go crazy — we would all go crazy. We’re going to have a lot of fun together . . . We’ve never had an empty seat. From the day I came down the escalator, with a potential unbelievable woman who became our first lady [applause] . . . the crowds love her, the people love her. But we’ve never had an empty seat — not one. I really believe that.

There was one case where we had a tremendous snowstorm and it was just about frozen; it was a monster storm. I don’t even remember how we got there. I said, ‘How’s the crowd?’ ‘It’s just about full, sir.’ I said, ‘What does that mean, like there are about two seats on top? Thousands and thousands could get there. So they show pictures of the empty seats. They don’t say this is the worst storm they’ve had in years. They show pictures of like nine empty seats, and it could’ve been people who just went to the bathroom.

I always say, just get the biggest arena. Good location if you can, but get the biggest arena. We did it the other night. Tuesday night we had two congressmen. One was possibly going to win. He was up by two. He won by about 27, I think, or something like that — a lot. The other one was down by 17. And they said, ‘Sir, don’t campaign for him, please.’ ‘Why?’ ‘Because if he loses they’re going to kill you in the press.’ I said they’re going to kill me whether I campaign or not. It’s not going to matter. It’ll make it a little bit worse. They’ll say, he worked and he failed. Trump failed. The guy was down 17 points, and he ended up winning by a lot. He ended up winning by a lot.

In fact the whole night, CNN built the most beautiful — $2 billion, maybe, they spent — no wonder they’re losing . . . they have no ratings and they’re building studios all over the place, but they had a studio. The studio was going to stay up for weeks. And toward the end of the night they were taking it down. The so-called stars were leaving. They’re not really stars, I’ll tell you. The stars were leaving, and they didn’t want to report it.

The candidate Dan Bishop won by a lot. He was down by 17, and they had lines a mile long. I mean, the lines going into those voting booths were unbelievable. And without the rally speech, and a couple of tweets, and Twitter stuff is good. We have, like, way over 100 million people on six or seven different platforms. It’s actually much higher than that, even, higher than just about everybody. And it helps. It helps. They have signs oftentimes when I speak. It said, please keep . . . This woman the other night, beautiful woman, she’s got a son: “Please keep tweeting, sir, it matters.” And it does matter, because we get our voice out. If we don’t do that, we don’t get the voice out.

I can’t say what a great job Kelly [Craft] is doing, and I can’t say what a wonderful husband he is [pointing to Joe Craft]. Look at how devoted he is. He’s a rich man, too. He’s loaded. What are you doing here? Why aren’t you working? He’s so proud of his wife he can’t leave his office. That’s really great, though, huh? Are you all proud of her? He said ‘very much.’ And he’s really a fantastic guy; he’s been a friend of mine for a long time. Before I met Kelly, I met Joe. And Joe impressed me because of his knowledge of energy. Now he could be paid. Okay, you’re going to pay a guy 50 . . . for him that’s not quite good enough, although he might. He might. It’s easy money, Joe, you have to say. But he would be an expert on energy; he would be a real expert. He would be somebody you would pay a lot of money to, but not Joe Biden’s son.

So the whistleblower came out and said nothing. Said: ‘A couple of people told me he had a conversation with Ukraine.’ We’re at war. These people are sick. They’re sick. And nobody’s called it out like I do. I don’t understand. People are afraid to call it out. They’re afraid to say that the press is crooked. We have a crooked press. We have a dishonest media. So now they’re devastated, but they’ll always find something. I’m sure there’ll be something they’ll find in this report that will suit their lie. But basically that person never saw the report, never saw the call. Never saw the call. Heard something, and decided that he or she or whoever the hell it is — sort of like, almost, a spy. I want to know who’s the person that gave the whistleblower, who’s the person that gave the whistleblower the information, because that’s close to a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? With spies and treason, right?”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I don't have the time to read through all this drek, so let me quickly address three themes here and skedaddle.

1. Most of the internet is just people screaming at each other with very little thoughtful reflection...the same here on this board. I never posted here and don't intend to often, but the insanity of the impeachment circus compelled me as a guy who has often voted Democrat to weigh in. The result of that is some here decided I was a fake, how could any Democrat actually pull a lever for Trump. Don't you just love how we have ended up at a point where no one can fathom any human being who doesn't toe the party line, whichever party it is?

2. I posted that I don't hate Trump and one reason is the economy. a fan, as apparently is his wont to do on this board, decided that what I really meant was I am selfish because Trump's economy benefited me. Most business owners, of which a fan apparently (?) is at least a minority partner of, realize that indeed it does take a village to make a successful company, and what is good for me is also good for about 1,000 other colleagues, as well as at least 1,000 vendor employees, not to mention my broader family, 7 shareholders, many charities, and god forbid the US government and 12 state governments that all told absorb about 40% of my earned income every year. So yeah, Trump has been good for me, but you might want to sit down with a few others directly and indirectly in my ecosystem and ask them if I am selfish and we should all hate Trump.

3. Traipsing onto this board only solidified my thoughts regarding elitism and how it wrecks the ability to be human. One thing we teach our folks often is, we don't as humans have a great ability to see how others view us...it is an achilles heel built into our DNA to not understand what others see in us (the good and bad). As a company, we hire expensive life coaches to help our folks realize what the outside world sees in them. If guys like DocB and a fan could understand the pedantic arse-holery of their posts, I'd hope they tone it the eff down and possibly reflect how half the country sees life and not lay waste with casual insults.

otherwise, it is always best to have a little fun, but here, I don't see the fun at all. Hasta, and good luck!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 am I don't have the time to read through all this drek, so let me quickly address three themes here and skedaddle.

1. Most of the internet is just people screaming at each other with very little thoughtful reflection...the same here on this board. I never posted here and don't intend to often, but the insanity of the impeachment circus compelled me as a guy who has often voted Democrat to weigh in. The result of that is some here decided I was a fake, how could any Democrat actually pull a lever for Trump. Don't you just love how we have ended up at a point where no one can fathom any human being who doesn't toe the party line, whichever party it is?

2. I posted that I don't hate Trump and one reason is the economy. a fan, as apparently is his wont to do on this board, decided that what I really meant was I am selfish because Trump's economy benefited me. Most business owners, of which a fan apparently (?) is at least a minority partner of, realize that indeed it does take a village to make a successful company, and what is good for me is also good for about 1,000 other colleagues, as well as at least 1,000 vendor employees, not to mention my broader family, 7 shareholders, many charities, and god forbid the US government and 12 state governments that all told absorb about 40% of my earned income every year. So yeah, Trump has been good for me, but you might want to sit down with a few others directly and indirectly in my ecosystem and ask them if I am selfish and we should all hate Trump.

3. Traipsing onto this board only solidified my thoughts regarding elitism and how it wrecks the ability to be human. One thing we teach our folks often is, we don't as humans have a great ability to see how others view us...it is an achilles heel built into our DNA to not understand what others see in us (the good and bad). As a company, we hire expensive life coaches to help our folks realize what the outside world sees in them. If guys like DocB and a fan could understand the pedantic arse-holery of their posts, I'd hope they tone it the eff down and possibly reflect how half the country sees life and not lay waste with casual insults.

otherwise, it is always best to have a little fun, but here, I don't see the fun at all. Hasta, and good luck!
Adios. I'll respond quickly to each of your points as you pull on your coat and head out the door:

I don't know about "most of the internet," but I really don't think "here on this board" that we are screaming at one another with little thought or reflection. The issues into which you parachuted are bid, and important to folks posting here -- left, right and center. The issues make for a highly charged response sometimes, maybe oftentimes, and few of us behave perfectly, particularly when we see -- as we often do -- that we are not getting anywhere with this or that person. In the end, I like the interaction and the information imparted, even when it pisses me off.

I think a fan addressed your issues the way he usually does: politely and relentlessly. I read some of his comments to you as saying, in effect, "at a certain point you can't support a guy who engages in these sorts of acts simply because the economy is or seems to be doing OK." That's an opinion, from a guy who co-owns a company well-known to many of us here. No more and no less.

As for your "traipse" onto this forum: Posting on these topics always risks appearing pedantic, and always risks appearing unreasonably hardheaded and resistant to other opinions and points of view. We are all grown-ups, all pretty educated, and none of us have to meet up face to face on this board and soften our opinions. It's the nature of this beast. Sorry you feel that your cameo here has been laid waste with casual insults. Godspeed.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Orange menace:

:twisted:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:30 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 pm JFTR, no humans would be reciting Shakespeare if they could lick their naughty bits either.
Can't blame a dog for that.
That’s right. They do it because they can.
Apparently my dog can't. He has given himself a terrible case of road rash, rubbing himself on the tarmac. Ouch.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

They do it because they can’t make a fist.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 am 2. I posted that I don't hate Trump and one reason is the economy. a fan, as apparently is his wont to do on this board, decided that what I really meant was I am selfish because Trump's economy benefited me. Most business owners, of which a fan apparently (?) is at least a minority partner of, realize that indeed it does take a village to make a successful company, and what is good for me is also good for about 1,000 other colleagues, as well as at least 1,000 vendor employees, not to mention my broader family, 7 shareholders, many charities, and god forbid the US government and 12 state governments that all told absorb about 40% of my earned income every year. So yeah, Trump has been good for me, but you might want to sit down with a few others directly and indirectly in my ecosystem and ask them if I am selfish and we should all hate Trump.
You realize that we read your posts on the Hopkins thread, right? Insults galore. But you want to clutch your pearls and act offended here? Yeah, ok.

You're selfish because you're blind to the fact that Trump's economy hasn't been great for everyone. You look at your company and your immediate acquaintances, and ASSUME that everyone is doing as well. Newsflash: farmers that are losing their generational businesses don't have a "life coach" to make them feel better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You call us Elitists, and then tell us you have a freaking "expensive life coach". FFS, man. How out of touch can you be? Next you'll tell us that we interrupted your tee time, or you ran out of Grey Poupon. I work with my hands every day, my man. And you have NO CLUE what everyone else here does. I can't figure out if you need to spend more time with your life coach, or less.

And 40% taxes? If I paid your piddly rate, I'd be a millionaire several times over. You're complaining to the wrong guy.

As for me, Trump is doing everything he can to stuff money into my pockets. What you are telling us, is that I should ignore things that are right and wrong, and simply sit back and enjoy the cash. F everyone else. I got mine.

Sorry, mate. That's a hard pass for me.

And by the way, why don't you tell us why you think Trump's economy is so great for you. I'll tell you why: because Trump borrowed trillions more than the Obama admin. did, and then cut taxes for the 1%. This is a wholly, 100% borrowed economy, that your kids have to pay back. And what you're telling me is you don't care, because things are great in 2019. How about you check back here in a few years when the bill for all this spending comes due? You'll act like it's the current's President's fault, because you obviously don't understand how our economy works, and how much damage Trump (and yes, the D's and R's who voted for that spending) has done to the fiscal health of our great nation.
Last edited by a fan on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“...ran out of Grey Poupon....”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:58 pm “...ran out of Grey Poupon....”
So he asked for some....

“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The latest Sharpie Incident...

:lol: :lol:
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

This thread has exploded since I last checked in, so I have missed some discussions.

Has there been any commentary on Trump talking about spies and treason and how we used to deal with spies?

He was apparently talking about the half dead zen or so people in his circle and Administration who shared, with the whistle blower, their alarm about what Trump was doing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

double post
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:29 pm This thread has exploded since I last checked in, so I have missed some discussions.

Has there been any commentary on Trump talking about spies and treason and how we used to deal with spies?

He was apparently talking about the half dead zen or so people in his circle and Administration who shared, with the whistle blower, their alarm about what Trump was doing.
His comments regarding WBs and spies and how we handled them is just an additional charge that could be tacked on to any Articles of Impeachment. He has done this before, threatening witnesses or potential witnesses against him. At some point even some Trump supporters have got to see this for what it is and recognize it as unethical and un-presidential, and totally Trump.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

More Evidence Trump & Giuliani Are Traitors & Russian Agents

Post by DocBarrister »

It cannot be denied, Trump and his “personal lawyer” Rudy Giuliani are traitors and Russian agents serving Vladimir Putin:

Rudolph W. Giuliani, whose actions as President Trump’s personal lawyer have helped set in motion an impeachment inquiry, is set to appear as a paid speaker at a Kremlin-backed conference in Armenia on Tuesday — an event expected to include the participation of Russian President Vladi­mir Putin and other top Russian officials.
Giuliani confirmed to The Washington Post on Friday that he plans to take part in a panel at the conference sponsored by Russia and the Moscow-based Eurasian Economic Union, a trade alliance launched by Putin in 2014 as a counterweight to the European Union.

According to an agenda for the event posted online, Giuliani is set to participate in a panel led by Sergey Glazyev, a longtime Putin adviser who has been under U.S. sanctions since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine five years ago.

... Giuliani’s decision to take part in the conference astounded national security experts. His scheduled appearance comes days after the release of a whistleblower complaint accusing Trump and Giuliani of pressuring Ukrainian for damaging information about Democrats.

For those of you who support the Party of Stupid, let me translate what this means:

The “fixer” and “personal lawyer” of the sitting President of the United States is taking money directly from the Kremlin.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Fredo Giuliani Cancels Kremlin-Paid Appearance

Post by DocBarrister »

Presumably, someone in the Trump Crime Family (aka the Trump Administration) thought it was a bad idea for Giuliani to take Kremlin money for an appearance next week. Giuliani abruptly cancelled the appearance. Fuggettaboutit.

What an idiot ... a real Fredo.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
a fan

Re: More Evidence Trump & Giuliani Are Traitors & Russian Agents

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm

... Giuliani’s decision to take part in the conference astounded national security experts. His scheduled appearance comes days after the release of a whistleblower complaint accusing Trump and Giuliani of pressuring Ukrainian for damaging information about Democrats. [/i]

Oh,I think it's a great F ing idea for the President's personal lawyer to attend. Makes total sense that he's there.

Maybe we can get Cohen out of jail, and he can go, too? It's almost criminal that he doesn't get to go.

Why send our diplomats or other pertinent and qualified people like Kushy-baby, when we can send two crooked lawyers, instead?

Hope they stop off at Prestwick, and get a round or two in. On us taxpayers, obviously. Because why not?
DocBarrister

Re: More Evidence Trump & Giuliani Are Traitors & Russian Agents

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:58 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm

... Giuliani’s decision to take part in the conference astounded national security experts. His scheduled appearance comes days after the release of a whistleblower complaint accusing Trump and Giuliani of pressuring Ukrainian for damaging information about Democrats. [/i]

Oh,I think it's a great F ing idea for the President's personal lawyer to attend. Makes total sense that he's there.

Maybe we can get Cohen out of jail, and he can go, too? It's almost criminal that he doesn't get to go.

Why send our diplomats or other pertinent and qualified people like Kushy-baby, when we can send two crooked lawyers, instead?

Hope they stop off at Prestwick, and get a round or two in. On us taxpayers, obviously. Because why not?
Heh.

Poor Fredo Giuliani ... all he was trying to do was get a small chunk of Kremlin cash ... ya know, something for himself.

Meanwhile, his (mob) boss, Donald Trump, is counting on getting the serious cash from Putin and his cronies (via “loans” from Deutsche Bank).

The Trump Organization is a mirage ... a mere facade for laundered Russian money. The Trump Organization has been dependent on Russian money for decades. And after Trump leaves (is removed from) office, the Trump Organization will still be dependent on Russian money.

Ever wonder how the Trump Organization stays afloat when every Trump property or business seems to be losing money or is shut down? Yep ... a steady flow of illicit Russian money via Deutsche Bank.

That’s why Putin owns Trump. That’s why Trump imperils even his presidency to help further Putin’s interests, as Trump did in his calls with Zalensky of Ukraine.

You see, Trump doesn’t view his presidency as his legacy ... it’s just his latest scam. He views the Trump Organization as his true legacy. It’s what he will leave to his children. It’s what will carry his name after he is gone. And to maintain that legacy ... that is, keep the Trump Organization afloat ... he will need illicit Russian money—Putin’s money.

That explains why Trump is a traitor and Putin’s Poodle ... why Putin owns Trump.

Anyway, I’m waiting for the day that Trump invites Giuliani to do some fishing on a pond at one of the Trump properties. Poor Fredo ....

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

Ever wonder how the Trump Organization stays afloat when every Trump property or business seems to be losing money or is shut down? Yep ... a steady flow of illicit Russian money via Deutsche Bank.
Kickbacks on contract jet fuel sales to USAF aircraft transiting Prestwick Airport.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Orange "mint":

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”