oldbartman

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by oldbartman »

Some IL attention, and it's positive!!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... land/55348
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Also seems like a few schedule leaks in: 2/29 Vs Cuse, 3/31 Vs Cornell and 4/18 Vs Merrimack for St Day
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

That is a nice article OBM. Like the "free flowing offense" and emphasis on crease play. Will make the box guys happy. Overall a good commentary on the coaches and their values.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Between Knox and the 6’7” FR barthelme we should have effective crease players to work with.

Last strong crease players I can recall were Brown, McHenry and Kevin curtin.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

One of our prized recruits, Zach Delaney from Lafayette/Onondaga https://www.syracuse.com/sports/g66l-20 ... ayers.html.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Add to that, conner durkin at JD, Sam Ward at higham and this kid ad Bach and there’s a lot of offense in that class.

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolspor ... games.html

Plus that highly rated D man, Johnson from MN and others. We will graduate a lot w this Sr class but kind of looks like a relaod
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:04 am Between Knox and the 6’7” FR barthelme we should have effective crease players to work with.

Last strong crease players I can recall were Brown, McHenry and Kevin curtin.
It will be interesting to see how the coaching staff uses Barthelme. Looking at the videos, at St. Paul’s he primarily set up behind the goal and was a dodger/feeder.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Any word on the alumni game? Heard a lot of very recent grads planned on playing.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Heard the same, then heard the current team won, then heard that there were at least 3 injuries to the current team ... Not sure if they were serious, but we should be able to tell by who plays in Toronto.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Highlight video of John Herlihy, incoming frosh:

https://youtu.be/DyDreXHx-g0
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:51 pm Add to that, conner durkin at JD, Sam Ward at higham and this kid ad Bach and there’s a lot of offense in that class.

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolspor ... games.html

Plus that highly rated D man, Johnson from MN and others. We will graduate a lot w this Sr class but kind of looks like a relaod
Bach looks like a man playing with children:

https://youtu.be/MHdDIQOkQcM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They’re in like class d or something but he and durkin were in the top 3 in CNY scoring I believe. Not to mention Delaney. All CNY/WNY kids too
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:03 pm They’re in like class d or something but he and dueling were in the top 3 in CNY scoring I believe. Not to mention Delaney. All CNY/WNY kids too
Both Bach and Durkin play lacrosse in Class B. Delaney plays in Class D. I wouldn't let the divisions fool you though, since some of the best lacrosse (at least in Central NY), is played in the lower divisions. Delaney played on a fantastic Lafayette/Onondaga team that beat a team with a number of players the size of the cast of Braveheart playing with a 12-13 man rotation. Pretty difficult to do. Delaney can play. Interesting that both Bach and Delaney are h.s. quarterbacks. Delaney was All-CNY playing for Onondaga, the school that produced the great Mike Hart.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just great to see us getting more “backyard” talent. Seems like we drifted away from that a little in the tail end of Kerwick and TW years.
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

We look forward to seeing many Hobart folks as we honor Coach Urick this weekend:

https://www.reddragonnetwork.org/s/1612 ... nlSg%3d%3d
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

The second podcast is out. Worth the time to listen and here's an added bonus.

From an email from Coach Raymond.

Hobart lacrosse is off to Canada this weekend. The Statesmen will scrimmage Rutgers and UMass on Sunday, Oct. 13 at Upper Canada College in Toronto. They take on the Scarlet Knights at noon and the Minutemen at 2 p.m. The scrimmages will be webcast at ucc.gameonstream.com. The live video is free, but viewers are required to register to access the video
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If you check the web version of HWS athletics site the FR are up on the roster. As I understand it, 1-2 FR who are playing FB are supposed to also be playing lacrosse, specifically Blake Hansen from Hun and possibly Charlie Pierce from James Caldwell or Connor Gunn from garden city. 13 FR not counting any FB players. No Quinten Birch or Max Pinillis which is a bummer but obviously getting Yank to return looks like it might pay dividends this spring.

https://hwsathletics.com/roster.aspx?pa ... obile=skip

FR listed are:

Troy barthelme - St pauls, flip from Air Force
Soulemayne Ballo - LSM from Westminster Pg after Harlem
Mamadou Meite - another harlem then pg at Deerfield, hear he is very fast and got an education in lacrosse comp at deerfield
Mason romm - from VA, presume this is Max’s brother, originally committed to bucknell
Max horton - dman from Derryfield in Nh, hear he could be a hidden gem
Vincent Orlando - dman from bayport LI
Marcus trujillo - LSM aa from CO
Kevin Holtby - G from N.J., Wonder who establishes as #2 behind luccesi from a few options
John herlihy - mid AA from Lincoln sudbury pipeline
Adam davis - a/m from baldwinsville
Adam Shea - fogo from NC, heard good things about this kid who will be in the mix to replace Ped w Dickson, Vona, Mitrow and Blanchard
Jack grooms - mid from west hill (another Madonna?)
Bobby Baltzer - AA mid from CO. Had bad luck w injuries w Bechter and Birch, would like to see on of these aA miss from CO get a full career here

Can’t really easily identify anyone like some did w Knox, holden, Scott and Archer previously. (Or Mueller). But for some reason I’m expecting some real solid contributors amongst this group. If I had to guess maybe Herlihy, Shea, Romm, trujillo and Horton, but that’s just random wild speculation. SSDM and Fogo are areas we have the biggest need. Any good wing/FB guys will earn time and any kiddies who can shoot. But we know offense shouldn’t be as much of a focus returning six kids w 25 or more pts in Holden, archer, Knox, Madonna, Scott and Mott.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Anyone hear / see how the scrimmage went?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I saw maybe 1/2 or a little more.
Approx. 7 goals a piece (Hobart-UMass) that I saw, though Hobart may have gotten a last minute go ahead goal.
Early on, Hobart with some issues against UMass pressing defense, but then Hobart offense settled down.
Was looking specifically at Barthelme’s play.
Barthelme had a couple sets playing left wing attack and also a couple sets from behind, but nothing dramatic to report from him, other than Barthelme obviously towers over everyone else.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

FL-GO wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:48 pm Anyone hear / see how the scrimmage went?
It's available on demand if you want to view the games. Hard to tell in the UMass game which team was which but I am assuming we were in the white tops. i saw a 6-2 first period for the white team. Haven't watched the anything else yet.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”