JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

The DoJ handed it to the FBI & referred the DNI to the WH to see if Exec Priv applied.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

So he has to go to a WH that he knows is already hiding it?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Sheep dip. Trump lies and Salty prevaricates when the politics of the situation swerve from his political mindset. After all these years of posting, it is SO obvious that it’s the little r and d, con and lib, that informs his opinion about all things political. Pure unapologetic partisan. Deep State good when it thwarts Clinton and Obama...very, very bad when taking out Bush, Cheney or Trump. I read him like I occasionally listen to Limbaugh, Hannity and Ingraham...to see what’s rattling around in the frothy right.

Amusing.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

"The FBI" is Barr, oldsalt.

My point stands. Three separate entities that report directly to the President were responsible for decisions about a complaint against the President. Kinda a problem, don't you think?

The ONLY body that doesn't have that conflict? That's right. The Fing Intel Committee, which a child could tell you was the right place for the DNI to ask his questions and ask for guidance. A Bi Partisan panel that does not report to the guy that the Fing complaint was about. Easy decision.

It's day one. How long before someone figure out which CIA operative worked for the NSC? A day? Two?

Dude. You can still stand your ground about the libs being mean to Trump and still recognize the WB act failed.

And the DNI made that mistake. And yes, I think he's an honest man.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 pm You're skipping that he handed it over to the FBI and the White House counsel as well. He messed up.
Here we go again...did he "mess up" or did he break the law? Big difference.

If you declare that someone broke the law, you better be damn sure. Especially concerning such an honorable person.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Both. Just as I said before.

There aren't any penalties for breaking this law.

And because he broke the law, we're about 15 minutes from finding out who the whistleblower is. And again, I believe from what I've seen that Maguire is an honorable, honest man. Further, I believe he was put in a difficult place. But he's not a lawyer, and he broke the WB law. This, as I said, was a mistake.

And who judges if he broke the law? Across the board, people who are DIRECT REPORTS to the President.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven from the perspective of conflicts of interest.

I'm confident you know that.

And I want to point out one last time----I was po'ed about this, and posted my complaints, BEFORE we knew that the WB involved Trump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You guys all don’t get it. Rudy guiliani is a superhero and Democrats are a cross between Pol Pot and the cats being chewed in the mouths in Dante’s 8th circle. I mean we’re talking Superman and Wonder Woman’s love child.

Seriously though, it was becoming clear before this issue but prior to his ascent into the AG seat I had read or heard from some moderate type republican voices that Barr was a legit legal mind but it’s disturbingly clear he’s got a Trump branded milk ring around his lips, well worn knee pads (with a gold embossed T on them) and puts politician group over country (like sadly, supposedly dedicated service people like Obtuse Salt which horrifies me that military people don’t put their country first).
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 pm Both. Just as I said before.
Geez...actually seacoaster said that, not you. And surprising he got so lazy with language.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nothing on the steak dinner, eh? ;)

I'll take that to me that I've made my point well.....

While you're here, would you care to tell me if you're ok with Trump asking the President of Ukraine to investigate a political rival?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:16 pm Nothing on the steak dinner, eh? ;)

I'll take that to me that I've made my point well.....

While you're here, would you care to tell me if you're ok with Trump asking the President of Ukraine to investigate a political rival?
I don't eat steak.

As I've said since day one (way back on LP), if Trump has broken the law, throw him in the slammer.
a fan

Post by a fan »

He can't break a law while President, remember? DoJ told us that during the Muller fun. So that's out.

Can't share your opinion as to whether or not you think this request from Trump to a foreign leader was ok or not?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 pm Both. Just as I said before.

There aren't any penalties for breaking this law.

And because he broke the law, we're about 15 minutes from finding out who the whistleblower is. And again, I believe from what I've seen that Maguire is an honorable, honest man. Further, I believe he was put in a difficult place. But he's not a lawyer, and he broke the WB law. This, as I said, was a mistake.

And who judges if he broke the law? Across the board, people who are DIRECT REPORTS to the President.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven from the perspective of conflicts of interest.

I'm confident you know that.

And I want to point out one last time----I was po'ed about this, and posted my complaints, BEFORE we knew that the WB involved Trump.
The WB didn't like the answer he got from the DNI & FBI, so he went to Congress, with the support of the DNI, as was his right, all along.

His complaint was heard, investigated & his ID protected. So stop crying, just because the facts don't support the outcome you hoped for.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: What facts did I "hope for"?

Sorry buddy, you don't get to cry for your buddy Trumpy-wumpy on this one.

I levied my complaint BEFORE we had any details whatsoever on what the complaint was about. I was angry about the breaking of the WB law in and of itself.

His identity was protected? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you like to hear about another wager you're not going to take because you'll know you'll lose?
old salt

Post by old salt »

The IC WB law that did not apply to this WB, but he was heard under the WB law which does.
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, he wasn't. The DNI gave Barr and the White House counsel the WB complaint, and that's nowhere in the law. The law wasn't followed, and when we learn who the WB is...tick tock, the DNI's failure will be complete. And you STILL won't care.

Remember when I told you that it was Trump doing the leaking on the WB complaint, and you told me I was crazy?

Guess who was correct?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 pm Remember when I told you that it was Trump doing the leaking on the WB complaint, and you told me I was crazy?

Guess who was correct?
I was. We never heard about a whistleblower until Schiff went on tv, & demanded a public hearing with the DNI, while the Senate kept it quiet.

This was all a ploy to get the WB's telephone game yarn to the MSM, because he couldn't get his hands on the transcript to leak it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yep. And how did Schiff hear about it? Schiff didn't have it, remember? That was the entire problem.

So who leaked its existence? And who leaked the details of the complaint?

Maguire told us today when he told us which Departments he gave the complaint to.....

Yep. Barr. WH Counsel. FBI's Wray. Trumpland. Just as I told you.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:08 pm Yep. And how did Schiff hear about it? Schiff didn't have it, remember? That was the entire problem.

So who leaked its existence? And who leaked the details of the complaint?

Maguire told us today when he told us which Departments he gave the complaint to.....

Yep. Barr. WH Counsel. FBI's Wray. Trumpland. Just as I told you.
Why would Trump want any of this to go public ?

Who alerted Schiff ? Probably the WB, or one of the other players on the WB's telephone game, or a MSM reporter who was writing the stories about the delay in Ukraine aid. Much of the WB's complaint had already been published, without attribution to a WB.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:29 pm Who alerted Schiff ? Probably the WB
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FFS, are you just blind, or what?

Dude. There is zero: ZERO chance that someone would go to all this trouble and STILL leak AFTER letting dozens of people know who he is (or close to an exact match). He's days from being outed now. You're out of your mind to think that's even a possibility.

Let me help you. Remember when you said that Trump, in so many words, is a POS and unfit for office?

Great. Now what the firetruck do you think all those people working for him in the White House and the FBI and CIA think about Trump? Dealing with Trump up close, and watching his nonsense on a daily basis? What are the odds that some of them share your low opinion of Trump? Fairly high, right?

Got that picture in your head? Great. Now picture these people knowing that the DNI is burying the WB complaint.

Conclusion: Trump's own staff (using that term loosely to include other Departments) are leaking this stuff. All. The. Time. The resistance is Trump's staff.

Wake up, man. I've been telling you that this is a possibility for years, and now the DNI has confirmed it, at the very least in this instance. And given that fact, it's unlikely this is the first time. He told Barr, the WH Counsel, and the FBI. And all these guys are Trump appointees now. It's Trumpland.

And they hate Trump, too. Or at least, hate some of the things he does. That shouldn't surprise you.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”