JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:55 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:08 pm That's his Navy SEAL pedigree. He didn't leave his IG or WB exposed to crossfire.
But he is The Deep State... :roll:
The WB is, but the DNI is not. That's why the Deep State apparatchiks are trying to take him out.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:08 pm That's his Navy SEAL pedigree. He didn't leave his IG or WB exposed to crossfire.
The WB is, but the DNI is not. That's why the Deep State apparatchiks are trying to take him out.
Got it, the WB is bad. Trump is good
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:20 pm
"I don't know anything about the WB, but s/he is bad for whinging about Trump." Got it. Oath of office and stuff must be in the lost and found over at Langley or Fort Meade.
old salt

Post by old salt »

You're saying the Deep State is "bad" ? They're Heroes of the Resistance.

NYT reporting the WB is a career CIA employee.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:56 pm You're saying the Deep State is "bad" ? They're Heroes of the Resistance.

Fuhrerprinzip much?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:54 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:20 pm
"I don't know anything about the WB, but s/he is bad for whinging about Trump." Got it. Oath of office and stuff must be in the lost and found over at Langley or Fort Meade.
I am hearing the WB is a an old John Brennan com padre, embedded in the IC like an Alabama Tick.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Disagree. That's exactly what he did.

He went around the WB protocol, and told both the FBI and the White House Counsel (none of the Dems were smart enough to ask to list everyone he discussed this case with).

Wasn't his call to do that. It was the Intel Committees.

Now where do you suppose all this leaking came from?

He made a bad call. I do think he is an honest man, put into a difficult situation. If I walked him through what he did, and what that did to the WB, I'd bet he'd handle it differently.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 pm I am hearing the WB is a an old John Brennan com padre, embedded in the IC like an Alabama Tick.
That's not what the DNI said. He specifically said he/she wasn't part of the IC.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:56 pm You're saying the Deep State is "bad" ? They're Heroes of the Resistance.

You're the Deep State guy...even though I am convinced that spy-fi isn't that far off from reality.

What really stuns me the most has little to do with Trump, but the folks that have extremely different perspectives of honor, law abiding, ethics, conflicts etc. Is what it is...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm
tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:10 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 am I'm left shaking my head. Maguire comes across as an honest, non partisan man.

He's just not all that bright.

In what world is the President not a member of our Intel community? He is this man's BOSS,FFS.
Seriously a fan?... who's playing dumb now? Maguire was answering in a technical sense.
And he strikes me as someone who is unwilling to stick his neck out here and override the desires of either DOJ or the White House. I don't think it is fear in the sense that he is a coward about this, given that he is a former Seal, but rather a calculation that doing so in the current corrupt White House he would be effectively "crucified" for doing so.
He is a long time military guy who lives by chain of command. As I said earlier, I think he was in over his head. He can't be real smart if the first thing he does is ask the OLC what to do given the make up of that office. Got a feeling there is a lot more to that part of the story than is currently known.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 pm I am hearing the WB is a an old John Brennan com padre, embedded in the IC like an Alabama Tick.
That's not what the DNI said. He specifically said he/she wasn't part of the IC.
Faux News RWP speculation / fake news. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:08 pm
Show us the DNI's words upon which you base that assertion.
a fan

Post by a fan »

He said well over a dozen times today that the "reason" he didn't pass the complaint along was that the WB "wasn't part of the intel community".
old salt

Post by old salt »

The NYT is reporting that the WB is a career CIA officer, who was assigned to the NSC at some point & since returned to the CIA.

He may have been assigned to the NSC at the time of the call, making him no longer a member of the IC.
Thus, removing his complaint from the ICWPA time & reporting rqmts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Great. That means he has no WB protection. Sweet. Nice WB laws we have.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm Great. That means he has no WB protection. Sweet. Nice WB laws we have.
But hey, the DNI says he will protect him. Said it today in the House hearing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm Great. That means he has no WB protection. Sweet. Nice WB laws we have.
But hey, the DNI says he will protect him. Said it today in the House hearing.
.:roll:. ...he has the same WB protection any fed employee or military member has.
His complaint just isn't subject to the ICWBPA time constraints.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You sure about that? They pressed Maguire today, and he said that he didn't fall under the Intel Com. WB law....but added that he couldn't tell the which WB law the WB belonged to.

If this WB was the responsibility of another Department, Maguire should have handed the complaint over to them, no?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 pm You sure about that? They pressed Maguire today, and he said that he didn't fall under the Intel Com. WB law....but added that he couldn't tell the which WB law the WB belonged to.

If this WB was the responsibility of another Department, Maguire should have handed the complaint over to them, no?
That's why ODNI went to the DoJ for guidance.
DoJ said -- thank you very much. This looks urgent, we better do a criminal investigation, ...which they did.
The WB was heard, his complaint investigated & his ID protected.
The WB exercised his right to next take it to Congress.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You're skipping that he handed it over to the FBI and the White House counsel as well. He messed up.

And unless I missed something, Schiff (sigh) was too stupid to ask him what other departments he contacted about the WB.

And Trump is threatening people surround the WB.

Please tell me that you understand that the WB law is not being following, and is not working the way it was intended.

Return to “POLITICS”