Brownlax

Re: VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

Post by Brownlax »

Coach Tiffany speaking in NYC on 9/12!!

https://www.lacrossebusinessnetwork.com/?p=538
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

IL #9 rated 2021 Player, Cody Hart, midfielder, commits to Virginia. It didn’t hurt to visit during the Virginia football victory over florida State Saturday night. It was an Electric atmosphere in CVILLE.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Its still tough to tell with these western players.
The competition is definitely there nowadays.
But, I thought Quent Buchman was overrated based on what very little I saw locally.
On the other hand, Buchman could still develop.
On the other other hand, Sam Handley, mostly slipped under the radar.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:43 pm Its still tough to tell with these western players.
But, I thought Quent Buchman was overrated based on what very little I saw locally.
True for anywhere, but Who cares about Buchman here? He had 0 points last year so no idea and Notre Dame was weak. Virginia had a pretty fine AA middie from California in Rob Emery a few years ago. Players from the MIAA don’t always work out either so it goes with the territory. I do trust our staff more than IL in player evaluation so we have that. I do know that our commit’s team played a bunch of 2019 Long Island Summer squads and beat several including Garden City. Eventually, We shall see.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Emery was different.
Fortunately, I got to see Emery play quite a bit.
He’s among the top to ever come out of the west.
And the coaches did a great job IDing what Emery could do for UVA, and he did just that.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Virginia is listed on Air Force's schedule as playing on 3/1 at Virginia
https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/9/19 ... wilson-lax

Their last meeting was in 2004. I guess that was that fiasco for UVa when the went out west and lost to both Denver and Air Force near the start of the season.

I think 3/1 would have been the weekend UVa and Syracuse played.
Live Free or Die!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

blue angels wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:19 pm
10stone5 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:43 pm Its still tough to tell with these western players.
True for anywhere, but Who cares about Buchman here? He had 0 points last year so no idea and Notre Dame was weak. Virginia had a pretty fine AA middie from California in Rob Emery a few years ago. Players from the MIAA don’t always work out either so it goes with the territory. I do trust our staff more than IL in player evaluation so we have that. I do know that our commit’s team played a bunch of 2019 Long Island Summer squads and beat several including Garden City. Eventually, We shall see.
Your commit's team beat Garden City? When and where did that take place?
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm
blue angels wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:19 pm
Your commit's team beat Garden City? When and where did that take place?
Not my commit but National Lacrosse Invitational Summer tournament July 8-9 held at Ward Melville. They beat Harborfields, Garden City, Northport, Garnet Valley from Philly, & Farmingdale. They also played in a big tournament in Baltimore the next weekend and Hart made the all star team there. It’s Summer league but still impressive.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Interesting. Gotta check this comment out. Saw quite of few of the GC kids out east surfing and chasing wahines this summer.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 pm Interesting. Gotta check this comment out. Saw quite of few of the GC kids out east surfing and chasing wahines this summer.
A comment from the GC Lacrosse website:"I’d be willing to bet it was mostly JV kids given I saw several GC rising seniors on different club teams at two different tournaments that weekend".

That seems to me to be a more reasonable explanation.I'm chasing down the rosters for all the events that took place that weekend.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:01 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 pm Interesting. Gotta check this comment out. Saw quite of few of the GC kids out east surfing and chasing wahines this summer.
A comment from the GC Lacrosse website:"I’d be willing to bet it was mostly JV kids given I saw several GC rising seniors on different club teams at two different tournaments that weekend".

That seems to me to be a more reasonable explanation.I'm chasing down the rosters for all the events that took place that weekend.
No idea......but wouldn’t they all be age specific so u13, u15, u17, etc
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

Past weekend recent alum attackman Ryan Lukacovic graduated as a Navy SEAL and received a medal from the Sec. of Defense as the top performer of the whole Navy SEAL class. Way to go 5

From the Sabre
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

rasheed wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 pm Past weekend recent alum attackman Ryan Lukacovic graduated as a Navy SEAL and received a medal from the Sec. of Defense as the top performer of the whole Navy SEAL class. Way to go 5

From the Sabre
LUK the HONORMAN! His grandad would have been proud of him.HOOYAH!
Spec Navy Seal Budweiser.jpg
Spec Navy Seal Budweiser.jpg (4.83 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Virginia has added the #3 rated 2021 IL goalie, Mathew Nunes. Good start to 2021 along with #9 midfielder, Cody Hart. Apparently, 6 IL 5 star players visited UVA the weekend of their home victory over Florida State so hopefully more to come. IL rankings should be taken with a grain of salt but both early commits were heavily pursued by traditional Lax powers.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Nunes is the real deal. It is not unreasonable to hope that he could be a four year starter.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sheed - is that a new award of had it been around for 5 decades or?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Perhaps SHEED has a deeper understanding of the actions of the SECDEF in 2019. The top guy in my class, and as far as I know every other class, was given the title HONORMAN. My class graduated in 1969. Dick Couch was our HONORMAN.LUK was always a terrific young man. His status as class HONORMAN puts him in august company.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I had not heard the title in my discussions before. I thought I knew most. You were a SEAL on the early 70s? Thanks
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 pm
rasheed wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 pm Past weekend recent alum attackman Ryan Lukacovic graduated as a Navy SEAL and received a medal from the Sec. of Defense as the top performer of the whole Navy SEAL class. Way to go 5

From the Sabre
LUK the HONORMAN! His grandad would have been proud of him.HOOYAH!

Spec Navy Seal Budweiser.jpg
ENS Ryan Lukacovic is an impressive young man and consummate teammate on many levels indeed - for those who know him, it's no surprise he's a Navy SEAL Class Honorman. Well done.
DMac

Post by DMac »

A monumental accomplishment, you're one of a select few who make it through, congrats, young man.
Worth scrolling down to the phases to get an idea of what it takes to make it through, and then we only get an idea...an incredible physical challenge, but maybe even moreso mental.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... d_training

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”