All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
frmanfan

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by frmanfan »

Why would you post a story about the decline of birds without mentioning the four leading causes of annual bird deaths? The stories I have read in the past week mention habitat loss, pesticides, and climate change. No mention of cats or windows (cat lovers argue that windows kill more), wind turbines, or electric power lines. These studies go back a decade, the numbers may be different but if so they are only higher than they were 7-10 years ago.

https://www.sibleyguides.com/conservati ... mortality/

https://www.fws.gov/birds/bird-enthusia ... -birds.php
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I don't understand how or why you mention climate change??

I see

1) Cats
2) Building Collisions
3) Vehicular Collisions
3) Poison
4) Electrical and Telephone Collisions

My problem with wind turbines is the type of birds they kill - large raptors that don't bounce back very well reproduction-wise

When all is said and done, I suspect that habitat loss is by far the biggest cause of death for ALL wild animals other than Rats, Deer and Coyote - who thrive under our way of living.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Um, maybe because that is what is being spread by the news.
Habitat loss and climate change are among the major factors impacting the decline of bird populations.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.5292081
More than 30% of our breeding birds are already declining and are in need of conservation action. The effect of climate change on birds will become more severe in the future unless we reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and protect the natural resources birds need to adapt to change.

https://www.massaudubon.org/our-conserv ... e/on-birds

While climate change played only a small role in the loss of birds, the researchers said it would likely become a bigger threat in the years ahead, as rising seas inundate coastal habitats and more frequent and severe wildfires lay waste to forests.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/u- ... cna1055961

I do wonder about the count. The decline is listed at 3 Billion since 1970, but cats and windows may kill that many every year by themselves (if you believe the studies).
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:45 am Who knew that our current UN ambassador is married to a coal billionaire....no wonder we have no presence globally when it comes to this issue.
Congratulations to Greta Thunberg, who just became the only white European that Trump has ever wanted to deport.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:04 pm
foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:45 am Who knew that our current UN ambassador is married to a coal billionaire....no wonder we have no presence globally when it comes to this issue.
Congratulations to Greta Thunberg, who just became the only white European that Trump has ever wanted to deport.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ho ... spartandhp I'm all for it. Maybe her return back to Sweden she can swim across the Atlantic. It is bad enough to be lectured by the chuckleheads here. You all folks are easy to not take seriously. When an angry 16 year old young skull full of mush wants to pee all over the worlds cornflakes... go back home young lady and learn something useful. It is so sad they brainwash them so young. :P
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:23 pm
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ho ... spartandhp I'm all for it. Maybe her return back to Sweden she can swim across the Atlantic. It is bad enough to be lectured by the chuckleheads here. You all folks are easy to not take seriously. When an angry 16 year old young skull full of mush wants to pee all over the worlds cornflakes... go back home young lady and learn something useful. It is so sad they brainwash them so young. :P
funny how women scare r's so much
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 pm
Women who demand to be heard...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Aren't you afraid of your wife.....'the power of the p---y' :lol:

She brings some valid points but needs to work on her delivery BUT it makes sense now.....from her wiki page:

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[11] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[12] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[12] and selective mutism.[12][13] While acknowledging that her diagnosis "has limited me before", she does not view her autism as an illness and has instead called it her "superpower".[13]
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Aren't you afraid of your wife.....'the power of the p---y' :lol:

She brings some valid points but needs to work on her delivery BUT it makes sense now.....from her wiki page:

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[11] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[12] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[12] and selective mutism.[12][13] While acknowledging that her diagnosis "has limited me before", she does not view her autism as an illness and has instead called it her "superpower".[13]
r's want Peace Prize, but they don’t give out Nobel’s for attacking underage girls, drug abuse and bankruptcy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Drug abuse by whom?

Hel1 BHO had 193 drone strikes...real peaceful that guy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Well at least they're educated and open minded. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm not an R so I would not know. :P Your kissing the arse of an angry 16 year old drama queen. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... ter-calls/ Did the little prima donna also declare us meat eaters guilty of ecocide as well... She is 16 years old... she has not learned enough in life to differentiate her arse from a hole in the ground. If either of my sons had attempted this stunt when they were 16 I would have gone up to the stage and dragged them off by their ear. If I had attempted this same stunt when I was 16, my mom would have dragged me off the stage by my ear. I remember 16, I thought I knew everything about how the world worked. I was blessed to have parents that reminded me all the time that at 16, I didn't know dicky doo. 16 year olds are much smarter today than we all were growing up. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:19 pm
When my sons were both 16 they were both well educated and open minded. That being said at 16 neither one of them knew their arse from a hole in the ground when it came to how the world works. I think the real first dose of reality comes when you cash that first paycheck and you try and figure out the math how gross pay is whittled down to net pay. :D Welcome to the world my sons
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 pm
When my sons were both 16 they were both well educated and open minded. That being said at 16 neither one of them knew their arse from a hole in the ground when it came to how the world works. I think the real first dose of reality comes when you cash that first paycheck and you try and figure out the math how gross pay is whittled down to net pay. :D Welcome to the world my sons
Some kids start out a little slow, some much faster.
But experience does indeed matter!
For some though "experience" does not actually make them wiser...

I think being dismissive of the passions of those who are coming up is a big mistake.
Embrace their passions, enable them to learn through experience, but the only 'flakes' are the 'snowflakes who are scared to let them engage.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:19 pm
I'm not an R so I would not know. :P Your kissing the arse of an angry 16 year old drama queen. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... ter-calls/ Did the little prima donna also declare us meat eaters guilty of ecocide as well... She is 16 years old... she has not learned enough in life to differentiate her arse from a hole in the ground. If either of my sons had attempted this stunt when they were 16 I would have gone up to the stage and dragged them off by their ear. If I had attempted this same stunt when I was 16, my mom would have dragged me off the stage by my ear. I remember 16, I thought I knew everything about how the world worked. I was blessed to have parents that reminded me all the time that at 16, I didn't know dicky doo. 16 year olds are much smarter today than we all were growing up. :roll:
If Greta Thunberg was out there telling the world that hurricanes happen because God hates abortion, the same people attacking her would be calling her the second coming of Christ.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Nothing at all to do with the girl, your kids or my kids - it has to do with different views. No one is lecturing you here...then you tell us you don't take us seriously.

What's your real point?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:03 pm
If Greta Thunberg was out there telling the world that hurricanes happen because God hates abortion, the same people attacking her would be calling her the second coming of Christ.
Nice try but she’s not, and they’re not.

Greta’s a whiny, precocious kid - neither expert in the science nor the potential social or economic potential ramifications that may be caused by GW/CC. She’s being used, and some people are sucking it right up.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:53 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:03 pm
Nice try but she’s not, and they’re not.

Greta’s a whiny, precocious kid - neither expert in the science nor the potential social or economic potential ramifications that may be caused by GW/CC. She’s being used, and some people are sucking it right up.
I agree, shame on her and others for wanting a clean planet. Freaking whiny brat, she should shut up and mind her own business!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Oh, the drama... Makes you wonder if this poor girl has any friends.

Next time I have the urge to tell my soon-to-be 16 yo to grow up and take things more seriously (there are times, believe me), I'll think of Greta and bite my tongue ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Meanwhile, back at the bird story, this has been a growing issue for years. But it too is controversial. They either are, or are not, the reason for the decline in birds. More study is needed!!
U.S. Faces Growing Feral Cat Problem
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... t-problem/

Return to “POLITICS”