2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: 2020 Elections - "You're FIRED!"

Post by Trinity »

Trump campaign is already colluding with a foreign power.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Trinity wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:20 pm Trump campaign is already colluding with a foreign power.
not defending or condemning either one, but do you mean kind of like Obama did when Trump was running?

or do you mean in some other way?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Being Rigged by The Don

Post by a fan »

Which foreign power did Obama collude with to go after Trump?

Are you talking about Hillary and the Brit spy?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Who cares!?! Since "they all do it" and they all do it "the same way", there's no basis for criticising ANY of them for such behavior.

That means we can fall back on all the beautiful stuff they accomplish while in office, and how honest, up-front and truthful they are with the American electorate, right? All the stuff they're doing for the Common Good of the country an' all...the faith in government they're inspiring and all the GREAT things they're doing to solidify the country's standing in the world.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

It still isn't clear to me who exactly engaged the brit.

And Dis, to your point, I don't know where I shake out on all this. The appearance (or act) of abusing power to take down you political foes is bad. But like most things, the details get confusing, because we also need to take out bad actors. Deciding when it is right based on who the target is, is NOT the right way to approach it. Bad actors in the government need to be prosecuted. The activities of little Biden were a very, very bad look. If it was nothing other than Joe's version of Billy Beer, I don't think I care. But If Biden was using the power of his office to go after people because they were investigating his son - THAT is really, really bad.

This should have been vetted when Obama was in the WH, and if he wouldn't do so because of the politics, then Trump should have done so immediately on taking office. More importantly, Congress should have demanded an investigation at the time, but they were too worried about positioning for the next election and protecting their own ability to "influence others"....

If Trump thinks there is a "there" there, better to find out now during the primaries, when Biden isn't running against Trump, but against Warren, Sanders, et al. That is the part some folks are conveniently forgetting. If Trump really wanted to abuse his power to win, he would have put this on hold until after the dems were full on committed to Biden. Doing something now, creates time for things to come to light before he is the nominee.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I recommend getting fully informed about the entire "Ukraine issue" that is being used here by Rudy and Don. It sure appears that they are attempting to gin up an issue - ala the "Hillary email" issue, that will stick like an albatross around the neck of their political opponent AND to divert attention from their own swamp-like behavior. I have read that investigating/prosecuting the "investigator in question" in Ukraine would have been WORSE for Hunter Biden's boss, not BETTER. In other words, their actions were what an international coalition that was attempting to support the anti-Russian, pro-Ukrainian government then attempting to get out from under the corruption that was endemic in that country. I am no expert on it, but allowing this Biden facet of the story to over-power the more obvious attempt at FORCING (extorting?) a foreign head-of-state is a pretty serious matter and needs to be investigated in full, no?

You gotta ax yourself what in the world would prompt someone in the IC to file a whistleblower action like this. If you want to fall back on the "oh, that's just another Deep Stater down with a case of TDS", you're welcome to it. Not saying you are, but many out there CLEARLY are...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Hoo, try out this reporting...it may answer some questions:

Reporters Should Stop Helping Donald Trump Spread Lies About Joe Biden and Ukraine

Despite the provocative title to the piece, the author appears to have a pretty in-depth understanding of the issue...

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Thanks. SMH - we need more editors, many more of them, that have integrity. So much slanted information out there.

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:36 pm This should have been vetted when Obama was in the WH, and if he wouldn't do so because of the politics, then Trump should have done so immediately on taking office
Seem to recall someone, somewhere on this site explaining, to no avail, that we need to change how our government is arranged....because there are conflicts of interest when you investigate the guy you work for.....

Asking the Executive Branch to investigate the Executive Branch-----and allowing the person getting investigated to fire the person investigating him was just about the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of. And I seem to recall pointing out that this hasn't been fixed, and this problem will happen again, and again until it is.

I was mocked. "That's not illegal" is what I got. Remember?

Biden wasn't properly investigated? Shocker.
old salt

Post by old salt »

HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:22 am So if this Ukraine thing ends up taking down Trump and Biden in a two-for-one special.

...and does so relatively quickly ....

does that inevitably lead to a Nov 2020 choice between Warren and Haley? please,please,please,please,please,please.....
Paleface Lizzy Warren is the whistleblower.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Don't be a racist pig.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Joe pulling the Bill Belichick interview style: https://www.instagram.com/unfiltered.politics/?hl=en

:lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

So if I were to vote for Haley neither a misogynist nor a racist would I be. Does 3% of her dna allow me to say the same if my vote would go to Warren, or do I just have misogyny covered with her? :lol: ;)
ABV 8.3%

Re: 2020 Elections - Hilllaryous will RUN

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Hillaryous Clinton back in the news.......gee, I wonder why?

Someone said she would run again. Biden is toast. Ukraine has sunk him. As it should.

Only thing is , will Hillary announce in Wisconsin?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:14 am Hillaryous Clinton back in the news.......gee, I wonder why?

Someone said she would run again. Biden is toast. Ukraine has sunk him. As it should.

I wouldn't be surprised by much from HRC, but I also wouldn't hold my breath on that one ABV.
That's just wishful right wing thinking.

I'm also not so sure that the Ukraine story won't ultimately redound to Biden's benefit.
His slippage is nearly entirely about Warren's clarity versus his seeming more mushy...at least to the view of Dem activists.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:18 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:14 am Hillaryous Clinton back in the news.......gee, I wonder why?

I wouldn't be surprised by much from HRC, but I also wouldn't hold my breath on that one ABV.

I'm also not so sure that the Ukraine story won't ultimately redound to Biden's benefit.
His slippage is nearly entirely about Warren's clarity versus his seeming more mushy...at least to the view of Dem activists.
Here come the ads....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 18976?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Please explain, in 50 words or less, why you think the very same thing you claim that makes trump a bad person (he is), conflict of interest, doesn't apply to the Biden clan? You do realize Joe Biden was VP as the time of Hunter getting that HORRIBLE CO2 emmitting $50k a month job.

https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-joe-b ... E81D8.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:32 am

Please explain, in 50 words or less, why you think the very same thing you claim that makes trump a bad person (he is), conflict of interest, doesn't apply to the Biden clan? You do realize Joe Biden was VP as the time of Hunter getting that HORRIBLE CO2 emmitting $50k a month job.

I'd look to the Ukraine prosecutor who re-opened the investigation after Biden (and Obama and the Europeans) forced out the corrupt prosecutor who was no longer investigating Hunter Biden's company and was ignoring corruption generally. The clean, aggressive prosecutor reopened the case and did not find any violations of Ukraine law, no corrupt acts under Ukraine law.

So, the firing of the weak (or corrupt) prosecutor was not in Biden's self-interest, his or Hunter's self-interest was irrelevant. Now, as to whether Hunter getting paid hugely (at least in my book) for a BD role in an energy company was appropriate or not is another matter. May or may not have been, depending upon what value Hunter brought to that board. But definitely not illegal according to the the Ukrainians through two investigations. We can imagine Hunter delivering 'value' that was corrupt, but Ukraine didn't find it...twice.

This does leave open to the question of whether the energy company got value somehow in return for putting Hunter Biden on its board. My hunch would be no, they got little of value other than a slight imprimatur of legitimacy...companies all the time put 'names' on their boards who do very little of actual value beyond the PR aspect.

Is it a little embarrassing? sure. But that was already known.
But the reason why I see it as possibly redounding to Biden's benefit is that I think that if the truth is ultimately understood, the gross overreach of the Trumpist FoxNation right wing fever swamp on this will lead to a backlash.

That said, sure feels like Warren or someone else may well be the Dem nominee anyway (unrelated to this matter).
Now, Trump may think that's better for him, but not if America realizes how unpatriotic and corrupt Trump truly is.

I'm not rooting for Warren, but it'll be a landslide.
Unless the GOP dumps Trump and brings forward someone like Kasich.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:05 am

I'd look to the Ukraine prosecutor who re-opened the investigation after Biden (and Obama and the Europeans) forced out the corrupt prosecutor who was no longer investigating Hunter Biden's company and was ignoring corruption generally. The clean, aggressive prosecutor reopened the case and did not find any violations of Ukraine law, no corrupt acts under Ukraine law.

So, the firing of the weak (or corrupt) prosecutor was not in Biden's self-interest, his or Hunter's self-interest was irrelevant. Now, as to whether Hunter getting paid hugely (at least in my book) for a BD role in an energy company was appropriate or not is another matter. May or may not have been, depending upon what value Hunter brought to that board. But definitely not illegal according to the the Ukrainians through two investigations. We can imagine Hunter delivering 'value' that was corrupt, but Ukraine didn't find it...twice.

This does leave open to the question of whether the energy company got value somehow in return for putting Hunter Biden on its board. My hunch would be no, they got little of value other than a slight imprimatur of legitimacy...companies all the time put 'names' on their boards who do very little of actual value beyond the PR aspect.
Have you watched the video of him extorting Ukraine? geez.....it really isn't this hard. pathetic
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:05 am

Have you watched the video of him extorting Ukraine? geez.....it really isn't this hard. pathetic
Yeah, keep listening to Rudy and the fever swamp.
He played hardball to clean up corruption, to no benefit of his own, just America's...you need to actually understand the timeline.
But you apparently want to ignore that?

And btw, the video is him describing how they'd played hardball and why. And that hardball was quite appropriate.
It isn't a video of any sort of extortion.

I wouldn't call the right wing's attempt to create a whataboutism "pathetic" as it's so nefarious and dishonest.
what IS pathetic is that intelligent folks fall for it out of desire to support the 'team'.

Return to “POLITICS”