Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hey DMac, was this your friend’s son’s girlfriend??!!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/okl ... cnn.com%2F
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Back to school essentials for the 21st century kid!

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 am
thatsmell wrote:I think it's hard to ban a specific weapon as there will always be another model that comes out. WIth mass shootiungs being the crisis de jour in the MSM, I think the country ultimately will and should move to capacity limits. Probably similar to the laws enacted in one of the strictist states- MD. As a recreational shooter, I think that's a fair compromise. IMO, no one needs more than 10 rounds at a time. It's enough for any sporting clay game, hunting need, and self defense.
In most mass shootings, what is the capacity of the gun being used?
Real question, a year later......what was the MENTAL capacity of the shirtbags that shot people up?

Remember, that nut job that escaped from an Air Force mental "prison" was able to purchase a gun in Texas. NOT b/c Texas laws, but the Air Force simply "forgot" to process the "paperwork" (log in to webpage :roll: ) and put this arsewhole into the FBI/national database. Heck, if the airperson's name was booz allen, they would be promoted instead of .....
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm Hey DMac, was this your friend’s son’s girlfriend??!!

So.... the guns will just continue to head to this nutbags target all by themselves now that people DID the right thing and report this crazy person, and law enforcement DID their job....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dplpWIpofHI

Kids filmed (cellphone) a peer dying from a stab wound over a typical HS aged fight (girl).......recently.........

yeah, the social media culture has NOTHING to do with the unfeeling vapidness of todays youth. A few years back, a bunch of HIGH school kids put up a fecesbook (facebook) page, cheering, "YEAH, she's DEAD ! " after a girl they bullied, killed herself (Phoebe Prince, South Hadley MA....the pos state AG did NOTHING against these pos kids. was that the original ABC candidate, "it's not illegal to be illegal in Massachusettes", Marsha Joakley ? ) .....and SUDDENLY, fecesbook wants to censor webpages of the horrable :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm Hey DMac, was this your friend’s son’s girlfriend??!!

So.... the guns will just continue to head to this nutbags target all by themselves now that people DID the right thing and report this crazy person, and law enforcement DID their job....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dplpWIpofHI

Kids filmed (cellphone) a peer dying from a stab wound over a typical HS aged fight (girl).....yeah, the social media culture has NOTHING to do with the unfeeling of todays youth. Remember when a bunch of HIGH school kids put up a fecesbook (facebook) page, cheering, "YEAH, she's DEAD ! " after a girl they bullied, killed herself (Phoebe Prince, South Hadley ) .....and SUDDENLY, fecesbook wants to censor webpages of the horrable :roll:
Yep... I saw an AK-47 waiting for the bus at Fields Corner yesterday.
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

DMac is in the klink again.
Probably sorry he told people where his stash was.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I don't see the neck and face tattoos or the face piercings so I don't think so.
(just kidding)
The young computer savvy generation is just stupid when it comes to such things, they have to post everything about themselves to show their friends what they're doing, I'm convinced they don't give much consideration to the rest of the world being able to see it as well. I doubt this girl meant what she said but she might learn the hard way to not even jokingly say such things in today's world and maybe she'll even smarten up a little bit about posting herself with guns for the world to see.
Friend's son had to do the same despite my telling him he's a complete moron for even thinking that's a good idea. Had to show all his friends (and the rest of the world) that he got himself an AK47...that's real bright, eh? Just for an update, he's unhappy with the eight round clip, can empty that way too quickly. Think he'll have much trouble finding/getting a clip with much greater capacity?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am

I don't see the neck and face tattoos or the face piercings so I don't think so.
(just kidding)
The young computer savvy generation is just stupid when it comes to such things, they have to post everything about themselves to show their friends what they're doing, I'm convinced they don't give much consideration to the rest of the world being able to see it as well. I doubt this girl meant what she said but she might learn the hard way to not even jokingly say such things in today's world and maybe she'll even smarten up a little bit about posting herself with guns for the world to see.
Friend's son had to do the same despite my telling him he's a complete moron for even thinking that's a good idea. Had to show all his friends (and the rest of the world) that he got himself an AK47...that's real bright, eh? Just for an update, he's unhappy with the eight round clip, can empty that way too quickly. Think he'll have much trouble finding/getting a clip with much greater capacity?
Nope. It's senseless. I actually heard Colt announce that they are going to stop making assault weapons for consumers. Cited change in market dynamics. I am all for reducing the desire to have a weapon of war. The manufacturers will respond.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 am

(just kidding)
Nope. It's senseless. I actually heard Colt announce that they are going to stop making assault weapons for consumers. Cited change in market dynamics. I am all for reducing the desire to have a weapon of war. The manufacturers will respond.
The folks at Ruger that make the politically correct mini 14 must be very happy...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait

Post by ggait »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:25 am Back to school essentials for the 21st century kid!
Don't laugh. Bulletproof backpacks for kids have been selling quite well this fall. If your kid already has a back pack that she likes, you can get a bulletproof insert to slide in.

These will generally stop handguns and shotguns. But unfortunately AR-15 rounds will go right through.

https://hardwirellc.com/pages/bag-inserts
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Why would you send your child off with just back protection and not full body armor, including a helmet?
Fortunately Big Pharma's got plenty of ammo to protect the children from anxiousness and anxiety, but shouldn't we be doing a better job with the armor?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Introducing Old Navy Kevlar cargo shorts. Now in stock at 30% off regular price.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 am

(just kidding)
The folks at Ruger that make the politically correct mini 14 must be very happy...
Why bother with that when you do just print one and never have to worry about .gov knowing you have it. ;)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:10 pm Why would you send your child off with just back protection and not full body armor, including a helmet?
Fortunately Big Pharma's got plenty of ammo to protect the children from anxiousness and anxiety, but shouldn't we be doing a better job with the armor?
LOL, no kidding around- Thanks to the popularity of modern day ar-tist, Blue Face, plate carriers are now a fashion thing with the yutes.

Saw them in abundance at all the athletic and fashion stores while wasting some time on a work trip.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:10 pm Why would you send your child off with just back protection and not full body armor, including a helmet?
Why not just bring in some children from Afghanistan? They can teach their American peers how to dodge bullets being fired by right-wing ultraconservative domestic terrorists armed with assault rifles.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:44 am Introducing Old Navy Kevlar cargo shorts. Now in stock at 30% off regular price.
I’d buy those for my daughter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4RvWvgulc
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

I’ve been reading where some school districts across the nation are teaching active shooter curriculum which includes how to barricade a door and hold a potential sneeze of cough. Hopefully it will include how to create a will and choose a style of coffin.

Teacher: Billy, have you chosen an eternal rest chamber (coffin) yet?
Billy: Yes Miss Landers. The one that looks like a giant tater tot.

Is this any worse than the training myself and certainly others that grew up in the Atomic age experienced in getting under a desk with hands holding head if the Russians were to bomb us?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Another mass stabbing. This time in a Baltimore suburb. With a box cutter.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/09/ ... on-latest/

That on the heels of the mass stabbing in Florida, from a crazed pen-knife-man:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallah ... 2290244001

When will we ban these horrible instruments of terror?
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:40 am Another mass stabbing. This time in a Baltimore suburb. With a box cutter.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/09/ ... on-latest/

That on the heels of the mass stabbing in Florida, from a crazed pen-knife-man:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallah ... 2290244001

When will we ban these horrible instruments of terror?
Box cutters were designed to open boxes. They can poke holes in people, sure, but that's not their principal purpose.

Knives are designed to cut things. Your survival knife is not primarily a murder weapon. It is to cut stuff. Try to make a nice meal sometime without using your kitchen knives. These tools are not primarily for killing people.

Guns aren't designed for anything except mortally wounding people. Surely you see this?

Return to “POLITICS”