JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:24 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 pm who is THEY? as in THEY broke the law. Do agencies have multiple directors, or just one ? But, I'm sorry, what IS the issue , this time? Is THIS leak about AF golf course stays?

tough to keep up, what with every thread being about him.....and THEY
From my earlier post a page or two back....

The inspector general investigated the complaint and deemed it credible, forwarding it to the acting director as required, according to a letter from the inspector general released by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

Once the director receives the report, the law states he or she "shall, within 7 calendar days of such receipt, forward such transmittal to the congressional intelligence committees."

The date of that letter, attached, is Sep 9th.

They have, therefore, broken the law. "They" meaning the Acting Director of National Intelligence, Joe Maguire.
The IG communicating with the committee is how Schiff knows of its existence. It is pretty clear that Maguire is being told by Trump not to comply, and Barr in all his thuggery has come up with a “reason” why the administration can ignore the law. Not necessarily a legal one, though...
old salt

Post by old salt »

Well, that didn't take long. The WP leak squad's got the Ukraine connection leak.
Nice job Schiff -- you won the news cycle & burned the whistleblower.
It's great hearing Brennan, McCabe & Rhodes do play by play.
Don't wait for the Biden-Ukraine connection to hit the fan -- make it about Trump first.
Our Deep State apparatchiks are good at their game.
Mueller didn't deliver but the Resistance fights on.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 am Well, that didn't take long.
Yep. That's what happens when you take away the legal path that you insisted was available for guys like Comey. Nope. Proving that the leaking of the crappy things that our government leaders do is the only way it gets ratted out. Comey now looks to be smarter than all of us....he knew the score.

You don't get to complain. Laws don't matter to you, so you should be happy that no one is following them. So now we get chaos. And it's about to get a whole lot worse.

Enjoy. Sure hope these people aren't in charge of important things like national defense or the health and education of our citizens.

And we're also about to get a whole lot of "so what, that's not illegal" from you and everyone else in Trumpland.

Biden Ukraine? :lol: :lol: What happened to conflicts of interest are super cool with Old Salt?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:23 am
Yep. That's what happens when you take away the legal path that you insisted was available for guys like Comey. Nope. Proving that the leaking of the crappy things that our government leaders do is the only way it gets ratted out. Comey now looks to be smarter than all of us....he knew the score.

You don't get to complain. Laws don't matter to you, so you should be happy that no one is following them. So now we get chaos. And it's about to get a whole lot worse.

Enjoy. Sure hope these people aren't in charge of important things like national defense or the health and education of our citizens.

And we're also about to get a whole lot of "so what, that's not illegal" from you and everyone else in Trumpland.

Biden Ukraine? :lol: :lol: What happened to conflicts of interest are super cool with Old Salt?
From Giuliani at 10:54 pm, 9/19/19 on Twitter:
A President telling a Pres-elect of a well known corrupt country he better investigate corruption that affects US is doing his job. Maybe if Obama did that the Biden Family wouldn’t have bilked millions from Ukraine and billions from China; being covered up by a Corrupt Media.
Ther is the beginning of the so what...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:33 pm In all seriousness....I simply cannot find anything on the net where the IG is required to notify congress. All I could find was the process by which a whistelblower follows, who they report to...which is either the IG, their immediate supervisor, or a special counsel. Nowhere did it say Congress shall then be notified.

Why is everyone so wound up?
Why is everyone so wound up ? ...because Schiff threw in a piece of meat that attracted the attention of the TDS zombies.
They're in a feeding frenzy again, because everything else they try falls flat.
Nope; deflecting again. Read a fan's posts; he quotes the relevant and unambiguous parts of the statute. This is not about the content of the complaint, or the target of the complaint. You want it to be, so you can trot out the stupid TDS line. "The law is the law." And the Executive Branch, in our government, answers on occasion to the Legislative Branch. And to think, you are the flag wavers.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 am Well, that didn't take long. The WP leak squad's got the Ukraine connection leak.
Nice job Schiff -- you won the news cycle & burned the whistleblower.
It's great hearing Brennan, McCabe & Rhodes do play by play.
Don't wait for the Biden-Ukraine connection to hit the fan -- make it about Trump first.
Our Deep State apparatchiks are good at their game.
Mueller didn't deliver but the Resistance fights on.
"That's a really stupid observation." 8-)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

If Pence goes down with Trump, Pelosi is President.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:40 am
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:23 am

From Giuliani at 10:54 pm, 9/19/19 on Twitter:
A President telling a Pres-elect of a well known corrupt country he better investigate corruption that affects US is doing his job. Maybe if Obama did that the Biden Family wouldn’t have bilked millions from Ukraine and billions from China; being covered up by a Corrupt Media.
Ther is the beginning of the so what...
Ahh guiliani, still living off NYCs improvement hoping no one has read Gladwells books, specifically the tipping point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Q9amzzjw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOk8YuNDkLM
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Ukrainian readout of the presidential phone call says explicitly Trump tied investigations & improving relations between the two countries, specifying completing “investigation of corruption cases, which inhibited the interaction between Ukraine and the USA.” CNN
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Very few specifics are known about the complaint, but here is what has been reported:

The complaint was made on August 12.

It came from an unnamed whistleblower who worked in US intelligence at the White House.

The whistleblower alerted the inspector general of the intelligence community, an internal federal watchdog.

The complaint was prompted by a phone call between Trump and a foreign leader, according to several outlets.

According to The Post, during the call, a "promise" was made. No specifics have been made public.

According to The Post and The Times, the complaint involves Ukraine, though it's unclear how.

The complaint did not stem from a single conversation, according to a Times report of remarks by the inspector general at a closed-door House Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... apo-2019-9
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump probably knew he was being monitored and repeated Obama's saying ' I will have more flexibility after elected'. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:04 am Trump probably knew he was being monitored and repeated Obama's saying ' I will have more flexibility after elected'. :lol:
Or he said, "Look, we are holding around $250,000,000 in aid [authorized by Congress] back until you agree to investigate Hunter Biden, in order to discredit his father's candidacy in the upcoming election; I really need your help on this -- I'm sure you understand what I am saying -- and I assure you we will be a beautiful friend to Ukraine, beautiful. But I really need this before I OK the $250, you know? And I can send my personal attorney over to help get this deal done."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:12 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:04 am Trump probably knew he was being monitored and repeated Obama's saying ' I will have more flexibility after elected'. :lol:
Or he said, "Look, we are holding around $250,000,000 in aid [authorized by Congress] back until you agree to investigate Hunter Biden, in order to discredit his father's candidacy in the upcoming election; I really need your help on this -- I'm sure you understand what I am saying -- and I assure you we will be a beautiful friend to Ukraine, beautiful. But I really need this before I OK the $250, you know? And I can send my personal attorney over to help get this deal done."
Bingo. And note that the phone call was one day after Mueller testified before the House - Trump at this point thinks I can get away with this "collusion/collaboration" thing so let's have at it.

But as is typical for criminals of Trump's type - you keep doing it until you are caught...
a fan

Post by a fan »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:33 pm In all seriousness....I simply cannot find anything on the net where the IG is required to notify congress. All I could find was the process by which a whistelblower follows, who they report to...which is either the IG, their immediate supervisor, or a special counsel. Nowhere did it say Congress shall then be notified.

Why is everyone so wound up ? ...because Schiff threw in a piece of meat that attracted the attention of the TDS zombies.
Nope; deflecting again. Read a fan's posts; he quotes the relevant and unambiguous parts of the statute. This is not about the content of the complaint, or the target of the complaint. You want it to be, so you can trot out the stupid TDS line. "The law is the law." And the Executive Branch, in our government, answers on occasion to the Legislative Branch. And to think, you are the flag wavers.
I was also complaining and justifiably angry about the violation of the Whistleblower act BEFORE anyone, including old salt, knew the whistle being blown on Trump. I DON"T CARE that Trump is the subject of the whistleblower. What I care about is that after all the whining about leaking, and how Comey and the "Deep State" had legal avenues to get their information to the relevant authorities, we find out that that's a lie.

They have nowhere to go but the press. And it is now open season for them to do so.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 am

I was also complaining and justifiably angry about the violation of the Whistleblower act BEFORE anyone, including old salt, knew the whistle being blown on Trump. I DON"T CARE that Trump is the subject of the whistleblower. What I care about is that after all the whining about leaking, and how Comey and the "Deep State" had legal avenues to get their information to the relevant authorities, we find out that that's a lie.

They have nowhere to go but the press. And it is now open season for them to do so.
I just don’t know what happened to right from wrong. Particularly from people THERE that lived by or are deeply familiar with the concept of honor. It’s unbelievable but I am not surprised. Trumpists through and through is all it amounts to....

DEPLORABLE
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

My favorite part about Trumpland is that with every complaint rational citizens make, Trumpland citizens dig their heels in even more. They think a complaint against Trump is further proof that Trump is super-dooper, and everyone else is crazy for criticizing anything he does.

They think that because "the libs are mad", Trump must therefore be doing something right. They don't care if Trump is doing things contrary to their lifelong values.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

the fact that one branch of government thinks it can violate the law because it doesn't like who chairs a committee in another branch is terrifying. Anyone ever hear about this thing called checks-and-balances?

The government has gotten way to cozy with itself.

Trump didn't work, so I guess our only remaining option is the guillotine. :shock: :ugeek: :mrgreen: 8-)
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s pretty clear the president either believes, or is trying sell the county in his omnipotence as Supremacy. Would be kind of funny if he lost the election and then sued.

I’m basically assuming he’s going to be personally toast, if not criminally, everyone will run from him including his circle of sycophants, the day he’s out of office.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

And, right on cue, the theme in Trumpland on social media is "why was our intel monitoring the President"?

They don't care that the whistleblower law was broken, and what that will do for future leaking of intel. They don't even give it a thought. Someone was mean to Trump, and we can't have that.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:45 am And, right on cue, the theme in Trumpland on social media is "why was our intel monitoring the President"?

They don't care that the whistleblower law was broken, and what that will do for future leaking of intel. They don't even give it a thought. Someone was mean to Trump, and we can't have that.
Exactly; ill-informed toadies uniting on message:

First Trump cues the Adoring Crowd:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/matthew-w ... outrageous

And the crowd begins to mew:

https://www.mediamatters.org/geraldo-ri ... state-punk

Return to “POLITICS”