JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:44 pm Look at all the BS that has been thrown up against the wall by the resistance that has proven out to be bogus.
Remember when Schiff told you that he had solid evidence that Trump was compromised by Russia ?
It's deja vu all over again. I'm not jumping to conclusions until more information comes out.
Dude. This was an issue BEFORE we knew this had anything to do with Trump whatsoever. The subject matter is 100% immaterial. It could be a nothing burger. That's irrelevant. Breaking the whistleblower law is the problem here.

You're trying to tell us that "it depends on what the whistleblowing is about". Doesn't matter. The law is the law.

You now have no ethical leg to stand on. Leaking is ok now. You get that, don't you?
What did I say a long time ago. Just not credible. All the nomenclature and historical recall is transparent. Dude is what he is. Grew up around him..... I know it when I see it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:44 pm Look at all the BS that has been thrown up against the wall by the resistance that has proven out to be bogus.
Remember when Schiff told you that he had solid evidence that Trump was compromised by Russia ?
It's deja vu all over again. I'm not jumping to conclusions until more information comes out.
Dude. This was an issue BEFORE we knew this had anything to do with Trump whatsoever. The subject matter is 100% immaterial. It could be a nothing burger. That's irrelevant. Breaking the whistleblower law is the problem here.

You're trying to tell us that "it depends on what the whistleblowing is about". Doesn't matter. The law is the law.

You now have no ethical leg to stand on. Leaking is ok now. You get that, don't you?
Right. Facts are 100% immaterial. .:roll:.
The DNI took it to the DoJ. Ever heard of executive privilege ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:54 pm

What did I say a long time ago. Just not credible. All the nomenclature and historical recall is transparent. Dude is what he is. Grew up around him..... I know it when I see it.
It depends on whether the whistleblowing is accurate & about something unlawful.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm

It depends on whether the whistleblowing is accurate & about something unlawful.
Your words are meaningless
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm Right. Facts are 100% immaterial. .:roll:.
Neither are anywhere in the law. You don't get to make stuff up, old salt, and act like it's real.

The law is, the IG has to find the complaint credible. He did. There's nothing about due process, juries, executive privilege, or any other made up Old Salt nonsense.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Why don't you give us another dramatic reading of Mueller's appointment letter, ...just for old times sake.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Why don't you give us another dramatic reading of Mueller's appointment letter, ...just for old times sake.
A disgrace
a fan

Post by a fan »

it depends on whether the whistleblowing is accurate & about something unlawful.
Also nowhere in the law. You're making stuff up. Dude. I complained about this BEFORE anyone knew what the whistleblower complaint was about. It doesn't matter that it's about Trump. All that matters is the law.

Either laws matter, or they don't.

You say they're dependent on party affiliation. I would have never thought you were this big of a Republican. That it's THIS bad with you.

That EVERYTHING. Laws, ethics, values....all of it....is party dependent with you.

Bummer.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Don’t miss Rudy with Chris Cuomo.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:15 pm Don’t miss Rudy with Chris Cuomo.
Somebody dug Rudy up? An all out campaign must have been launched.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:25 pmI don't know yet. We don't know the details.
Yes we do. Here they are:

The inspector general investigated the complaint and deemed it credible, forwarding it to the acting director as required, according to a letter from the inspector general released by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

Once the director receives the report, the law states he or she "shall, within 7 calendar days of such receipt, forward such transmittal to the congressional intelligence committees."

The date of that letter, attached, is Sep 9th.

They have, therefore, broken the law. Period. The content of the material, outside of the IG "deeming the complaint credible", is 100% irrelevant to the rules.

You have been on us about law surrounding the leaking of classified info for years now. You told us there were legal paths.

This whistleblower took this path. That path failed, and the Trump admin. broke the law.

You either take this stuff seriously (your comment about Turnberry), or you don't have a leg to stand on. You cannot champion the Trump Intel agencies to break the law, and at the same time get angry at leakers and demand punishment.

So which lane do you choose? Follow the law, or not? There isn't a third option.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... blower.pdf
who is THEY? as in THEY broke the law. Do agencies have multiple directors, or just one ? But, I'm sorry, what IS the issue , this time? Is THIS leak about AF golf course stays?

tough to keep up, what with every thread being about him.....and THEY
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:33 pm In all seriousness....I simply cannot find anything on the net where the IG is required to notify congress. All I could find was the process by which a whistelblower follows, who they report to...which is either the IG, their immediate supervisor, or a special counsel. Nowhere did it say Congress shall then be notified.

Why is everyone so wound up?
Why is everyone so wound up ? ...because Schiff threw in a piece of meat that attracted the attention of the TDS zombies.
They're in a feeding frenzy again, because everything else they try falls flat.
Take a look at Chris Cuomo’s interview of Rudy Giuliani tonight and it is obvious who is wound up. I’ll give you a hint - his initials are RG... Wild interview, and the Rudes is teetering on the edge for much of it...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Also: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/tr ... er-scandal

Note the following passage from the Ukrainian readout of a call with Trump:
[Donald Trump expressed the conviction that the new Ukrainian authorities would be able to quickly improve Ukraine’s image, concluding the investigation of corruption cases that have stymied cooperation between Ukraine and the USA./quote]
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:15 pm Don’t miss Rudy with Chris Cuomo.
Rudy pretty much admitted that he asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden’s son. That is soliciting campaign assistance from a foreign government ... aka, “collusion.”

Rudy’s goin’ to jail.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Right. Facts are 100% immaterial. .:roll:.
How can any presidential communication with a foreign leader be “privileged?” No president can keep a communication with a foreign leader hidden from Congress. If a foreign leader, who has no obligations of confidentiality to the United States, can hear it, then the United States Congress can hear it.

The Party of Stupid, indeed.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Further insanity from the same interview. Rudes says he has affidavits from Ukraine (5! people) that claim in January 2016 these people were brought into the Obama White House and tole to dig up dirt on Trump and Manafort. Only problem is tha Manafort was not to be hired by Trump’s campaign until March 2016...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:09 pm Further insanity from the same interview. Rudes says he has affidavits from Ukraine (5! people) that claim in January 2016 these people were brought into the Obama White House and tole to dig up dirt on Trump and Manafort. Only problem is tha Manafort was not to be hired by Trump’s campaign until March 2016...
Details, details .... ;)

You can tell Rudy is growing senile ... he can’t even tell an accurate lie.

DocBarrister :lol:
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Rudy is the worse lawyer I've ever seen. I wouldn't look to him to get me out of a parking ticket.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:18 pm Rudy is the worse lawyer I've ever seen. I wouldn't look to him to get me out of a parking ticket.
Only the best people...
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 pm who is THEY? as in THEY broke the law. Do agencies have multiple directors, or just one ? But, I'm sorry, what IS the issue , this time? Is THIS leak about AF golf course stays?

tough to keep up, what with every thread being about him.....and THEY
From my earlier post a page or two back....

The inspector general investigated the complaint and deemed it credible, forwarding it to the acting director as required, according to a letter from the inspector general released by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

Once the director receives the report, the law states he or she "shall, within 7 calendar days of such receipt, forward such transmittal to the congressional intelligence committees."

The date of that letter, attached, is Sep 9th.

They have, therefore, broken the law. "They" meaning the Acting Director of National Intelligence, Joe Maguire.

Return to “POLITICS”