D3 Mens Lacrosse
Pole16

Cabrini 2020

Post by Pole16 »

Thoughts on the defending Champs?!?!
DeepPocket

Re: Cabrini 2020

Post by DeepPocket »

They are losing 2 of their top 5 point earners (1 Krug and 4 Morgan), and Krug had over 30 points on the next guy down the list. Also gone is their starting goalie (White). I don’t know enough about their D to speak on it.

Taking nothing away from what they did last year:

Do I think they will repeat?
No.

Do I think they will be defending it on Championship weekend?
No.

However, they have broken through (in the biggest possible way). They will get those extra looks come poll time, which are so difficult to garner given the parity from #5 back. And they will also, in my opinion, feel the positive ripple effect from this for years to come in the recruiting department.

I would get used to seeing them on the various polls.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
richard

Post by richard »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:36 pm They are losing 2 of their top 5 point earners (1 Krug and 4 Morgan), and Krug had over 30 points on the next guy down the list. Also gone is their starting goalie (White). I don’t know enough about their D to speak on it.

Taking nothing away from what they did last year:

Do I think they will repeat?
No.

Do I think they will be defending it on Championship weekend?
No.

However, they have broken through (in the biggest possible way). They will get those extra looks come poll time, which are so difficult to garner given the parity from #5 back. And they will also, in my opinion, feel the positive ripple effect from this for years to come in the recruiting department.

I would get used to seeing them on the various polls.
Cabrini has been a top 15 team for longer than the last decade. They might be in a conference with the Little Sisters of the Poor but they ALWAYS go out of their way to beef up their OOC schedule. Colfer has been a great coach and does a great job of getting talent out of the Philly area. Krug and White might be gone but Cabrini is one of those teams that reloads. The NC will only help in that aspect.
I'm not so sure about them not being able to follow up last years breakthrough with another run.
There are lots of good teams that are capable of making a run but to definitely count Cabrini out is a mistake.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

richard wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 am ...to definitely count Cabrini out is a mistake.
Wouldn’t dream of it. Can’t definitely count ANY team out. To quote every announcer ever - “That’s why they play the game.”
Pole16

Post by Pole16 »

Great Video! Check it out...

https://youtu.be/Ft_mLGhtNao
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

Cabrini Alum Jordan Krug was drafted by the Philadelphia Wings in the NLL draft. 66th overall pick. Congratulations!!
Mullebetna

Post by Mullebetna »

So, who is slated to replace Krug this season ? - He was a force last season and will be difficult to replace-
ChazzLax23

Post by ChazzLax23 »

Mullebetna wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:05 pm So, who is slated to replace Krug this season ? - He was a force last season and will be difficult to replace-
In terms of the lefty attack position, I have no clue. In terms of production though, I expect it to be a true team effort. Taking a look at the returning attack, Klein is a true quarterback who has proven he can score if the slide doesn't come. I think the NCAA tournament was a coming out party for Tucker who showed he can score consistently against top defenses. They also have some great dodgers in the midfield with Gerzabek and Kostack. It's almost impossible to replace a 100 point player, but I think the cavs will be just fine heading into 2020.
ChazzLax23

Post by ChazzLax23 »

Here's the Cavs slate heading into 2020

https://cabriniathletics.com/sports/men ... e/schedule

Pretty similar schedule that we've seen in the past. With the Cavaliers being placed in the top 10 in the polls how are we feeling about repeating this year?
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Congratulations on a great season and national title. Cabrini has consistently been a top 20 program. They graduated a lot last year, so while I expect them to be playing in the NCAA tournament next year a repeat I don’t believe is in the cards. They are longer the hunter but are now the hunted. One would hope that over the short term it should improve their recruiting efforts. Both York and Salisbury beat them early in the season and York almost got them in the second game. Williams and Salisbury I think will be the finalists
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Looks like Cabrini will be hosting their own *mini* Mustang classic, March 20th Amherst vs RIT 3:30pm followed by York vs Cabrini 7:00pm.
ChazzLax23

Post by ChazzLax23 »

Cavs headed out to Franklin Field today to scrimmage Penn at 3:30. Would love some feedback if anyone is able to make it out there during this dreary Tuesday.
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

ChazzLax23 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:12 am Cavs headed out to Franklin Field today to scrimmage Penn at 3:30. Would love some feedback if anyone is able to make it out there during this dreary Tuesday.
Saw on IG they won 13-10
Pole16

Post by Pole16 »

Cavs open their season at Haverford today at 11:30.

Any input on todays game?

Im thinking they should easily take this one. The Fords program just isn't the same as it once was. Let's go Cavs!
SexyBaldMan

Post by SexyBaldMan »

I was at Cabrini/ Haverford game. I’m a Fords fan. Cabrini looked very good. Moved the ball very well and made the right play most of the time. Fords were overmatched quickly with 6-0 score end of 1Q. #22 was best offense player on field and #12 dominated the defense. FO were pretty even (which surprised me). No one player dominated goal scoring but they were fun to watch! Should be another strong season for Cabrini! Good luck rest of the season.
Whiskeydog

Post by Whiskeydog »

Looking forward to next Saturday. 2020 Cabrini/Lynchburg game will be epic.
ChazzLax23

Post by ChazzLax23 »

Whiskeydog wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:05 pm Looking forward to next Saturday. 2020 Cabrini/Lynchburg game will be epic.
I can't wait either! I didn't get to catch the Lynchburg F&M game, but looks like Lynchburg handled them pretty easily. A tough test for the Cavs early on the season but I'm going Cabrini 12-8.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Lynchburg wins it late in the 4th qtr.
Maggsedge

Post by Maggsedge »

Lynchburg gets the win here. 14-11 hornets.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Cheers to an excellent season and god luck following it up this year!
Vass(AA) and Delaney were big talented defenseman along with Riley White in goal graduated
Middies Watigurski, Wagner, Bill Morgan (AA) and Brooks who May have been the heart of last years graduated
Tough losses... not to mention Krug.
Lots of talent will step up on offense and Deluca will help down low. Looking forward to this battle
LYN offense should put up 14 and Defense should hold the Cavs to 12

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”