"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Deep State - aka "Intelligence" Community

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:39 pm Forever,
Add some substance man - you keep shouting conflict of interest; when some are saying - cheapest place around - at some point you need to add some flavor to the post. You have no idea what you are talking about or how the per diem per day works. BTW, I still have not gotten your PM.
You act like you are the only person who knows how to live on a per diem.

How hard is it to not spend what you don't have? Must have been real tough for some of your ilk to manage. BFD..don't spend what you don't have.

Enough already....you have made your points.

Regarding the p.m....grow the f'up.
LandM

Post by LandM »

forever,
You are the guy who said i should send you a PM - go back a few pages - if you are going to to get in facemasks and grab some head gear - stand the fuc$up. If not not, stand down. You have made your point and I have made mine - I see no conflict just a bunch of young underpaid folks trying to find a cheap/reasonable place to stay....as they should. Please explain the conflict - if it is because Trump owns is, won't be be the first and not the last.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 pm Please explain the conflict - if it is because Trump owns is, won't be be the first and not the last.
Great. Open season on the American government.

I'm floored by your understanding of what a conflict of interest is.

So let's say you start that booze brand of yours. Let's say you're based in Virginia, which is a control state, and all purchasing decisions are made by the State of Virginia. What you are telling me is that you're perfectly fine with placing my wife in charge of the purchasing decisions for the State of Virginia's alcohol program.

And when you try and release a product that competes with my distilleries products-----my wife says "nope, sorry. The State of Virginia doesn't need your product".

Get the problem? Please just say "yes". ;)
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 pm forever,
You are the guy who said i should send you a PM - go back a few pages - if you are going to to get in facemasks and grab some head gear - stand the fuc$up. If not not, stand down. You have made your point and I have made mine - I see no conflict just a bunch of young underpaid folks trying to find a cheap/reasonable place to stay....as they should. Please explain the conflict - if it is because Trump owns is, won't be be the first and not the last.
Head gear and face masks? No clue what you are trying to say. More assault threats??

I will stand up or sit down whenever I chose...very few can tell me to stand down, you for sure ain't one of them. :lol:

As you said, you made your points, I have made mine. Your compass says all good, mine says it's not. You can keep telling me it's as simple as living on a per diem, which for some unknown reason, you think it's something that only ex-military can grasp.

Why bother explaining? Tried and tried and tried, doesn't seem to help you grasp the obvious...Nothing left for me to say to you on this topic and certainly nothing will change your view.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:42 pm
LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 pm Please explain the conflict - if it is because Trump owns is, won't be be the first and not the last.

So let's say you start that booze brand of yours. Let's say you're based in Virginia, which is a control state, and all purchasing decisions are made by the State of Virginia. What you are telling me is that you're perfectly fine with placing my wife in charge of the purchasing decisions for the State of Virginia's alcohol program.

And when you try and release a product that competes with my distilleries products-----my wife says "nope, sorry. The State of Virginia doesn't need your product".

Naaah that is just how it is in business.
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

Try again,
AFan I think you have to look at each decision and the circumstance......I do no not see an issue when lowly paid paid people are staying at a cheaper room rate - I do not care who who owns it. It is not like DT is making a killing on the rate....where is he rippiping the taxpayer-off? He is probably losing money on the damn room between shuttle service, box lunch, hot breakfast in the AM and they probably shuttle the crew into town for some booze. Where is he making his killing off the US taxpayer?

As to your distilling question, no idea, I would have to to MY HOMEWORK to understand the issue.

Forever,
Never played lax - football, bb, and baseball. In college it was customary to grab the facemask, pull it up and the insert left palm onto opposing player chin and lift. Guess you guys never did that. BTW, not a billy bad but I feel very confident I can tell whomever whatever and I will not lose any sleep over it :o
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 pm AFan I think you have to look at each decision and the circumstance.
No, you don't. That's the entire point to conflict of interest rules and laws. There isn't such thing as a shade of grey. If it's grey, you err on the side of the American people in all cases.

So I ask you the same question I asked of old salt. And I can't believe I have to ask, but here it is:

What harm does it do to the taxpayer or to the USAF if Trump's hotel is put off limits?

Think it over, and get back to us. (hint: there's only one right answer)

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 pm.I do no not see an issue when lowly paid paid people are staying at a cheaper room rate - I do not care who who owns it. It is not like DT is making a killing on the rate....where is he rippiping the taxpayer-off? He is probably losing money on the damn room between shuttle service, box lunch, hot breakfast in the AM and they probably shuttle the crew into town for some booze. Where is he making his killing off the US taxpayer?
Simple. I can give you just one example. This airport was on life support by all accounts before the USAF showed up. What happens to the Trump Hotel if that airport closes? Take a wild guess.

Now do you think you can find some Brass hotshot in the Airforce who is willing to get a massive promotion by making sure the USAF keeps using that airport, even though there are more cost effective solutions elsewhere? Willing to ingratiate Trump by keeping that airport open? Kill any committees that look to solve the long term needs of the airforce that might lead to the planes being routed elsewhere?

This is a LAUGHABLE conflict of interest, that's black letter law for anyone doing business with the US Government. It's not even close.
LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 pm As to your distilling question, no idea, I would have to to MY HOMEWORK to understand the issue.
You need to do homework to determine whether or not you think it's a good idea to let my wife decide whether or not a brand gets picked up by the entire State of Virginia?

Where do I sign for this deal? "Newsflash: a Fan's distillery is now the only distilled spirit available for sale in Virginia". :lol:

Come on man. This is Robert Fulghum, "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" level ethics here. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Debt service coverage. Avoiding a negative credit event is a benefit even if it’s break even on an operating level. There’s the benefit and you really should stand down on this point, you’re out of your element.

I just had a $69/day per diem last week while being hired to do due diligence on a bank in Florida for sale. I understand it quite well. Have also lived with fairly unlimited expense accounts (as long as o enjoy the benefit with the client, but a gift over $100 breaks the rules, talk about stupid by the SEC).

Conrad Dobler would’ve bitten half your fingers off. You don’t own the toughness award. I’m sure a generational peer like Chuck Bednarick would’ve put a Frank gifford like hit on you.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
LandM

Post by LandM »

I gotta read all of this stuff but that hit on Gifford was huge..........love those hits - to bad sally ball is played today :D
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 pmSimple. I can give you just one example. This airport was on life support by all accounts before the USAF showed up. What happens to the Trump Hotel if that airport closes? Take a wild guess.

Now do you think you can find some Brass hotshot in the Airforce who is willing to get a massive promotion by making sure the USAF keeps using that airport, even though there are more cost effective solutions elsewhere? Willing to ingratiate Trump by keeping that airport open? Kill any committees that look to solve the long term needs of the airforce that might lead to the planes being routed elsewhere?
Except the deals were already in place before Trump was elected.

You have no appreciation for how insulated military promotion boards are from that sort of influence,
or how much Congressional scrutiny officer promotion lists receive before they're approved.
You must have grown up as a member of the Patsy Schroeder Youth.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 pmSimple. I can give you just one example. This airport was on life support by all accounts before the USAF showed up. What happens to the Trump Hotel if that airport closes? Take a wild guess.

Except the deals were already in place before Trump was elected.

You have no appreciation for how insulated military promotion boards are from that sort of influence,
or how much Congressional scrutiny officer promotion lists receive before they're approved.
You must have grown up as a member of the Patsy Schroeder Youth.
Sad
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 pm You have no appreciation for how insulated military promotion boards are from that sort of influence,
No, I admittedly don't. Happy to be corrected. You're telling me that all promotions in the military are straight pool? 100% merit based?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 pm
Forever,
Never played lax - football, bb, and baseball. In college it was customary to grab the facemask, pull it up and the insert left palm onto opposing player chin and lift. Guess you guys never did that. BTW, not a billy bad but I feel very confident I can tell whomever whatever and I will not lose any sleep over it :o
Got it...so there is a history of cheating, explains why the compass is pointing south.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Conflict of interest.......certainly why New Hampshire hasn't legalized it yet. What business does the current governor own?
For that matter, what business does the STATE of NH own? booze.

Of, the screams of conflict of interest.....it's almost as if 8 years of enraging spending would get million of Americans ranting about Taxed Enough Already........which is really about spending. Of course, you think its race :roll:

AFAN, my memory must stink, because, again, I don't recall you caring one shot glass about conflict of interest from 2009 to 2017. Monsanto execs running the FDA? :lol: :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

It's as if Obama war on whistleblowers NEVAH happened........as if.

It's ONLY the hypocrites honey, just them.......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So is it ok then? Or you just like pointing out the other side is wrong too? I don’t see an answer from you on that core topic just rather what seems like a “moral relativism” defense of the behavior. Can you clarify your position on these conflict topics? Is it universally wrong or not?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:55 am

Conflict of interest.......certainly why New Hampshire hasn't legalized it yet. What business does the current governor own?
For that matter, what business does the STATE of NH own? booze.

Of, the screams of conflict of interest.....it's almost as if 8 years of enraging spending would get million of Americans ranting about Taxed Enough Already........which is really about spending. Of course, you think its race :roll:

AFAN, my memory must stink, because, again, I don't recall you caring one shot glass about conflict of interest from 2009 to 2017. Monsanto execs running the FDA? :lol: :lol:
https://www.organicconsumers.org/campai ... nment-ties
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 am So is it ok then? Or you just like pointing out the other side is wrong too? I don’t see an answer from you on that core topic just rather what seems like a “moral relativism” defense of the behavior. Can you clarify your position on these conflict topics? Is it universally wrong or not?
NO.....it's NOT ok. I don't belong to any of your sides, btw.

In other words, pointing out the hypocrisy from both "sides" IS the defense behavior.

Is the issue "conflict of interest" collective, (elected officials) or does it only apply to tRump?

When you say you are going to close Guantamino Bay (Obama) and DO NOT.....is that unethical, or just being a politician?

I can NOT answer your question without more clarification as to what YOU think a conflict of interest is and according to which rules/laws.
Does Roberts Rules cover it? House or Senate rules cover it? US law/code/ cover it?

But, in short, taats is NOT a defense of behavior. Quite the opposite. You wanna mis-remember the newness, and uselessness, of the S.T.O.C.K. act, be my guest. To ignore the long history that political parties get dirty in the conflicts of interest department.

You DO know who Mitch Mckonnell's wife is, correct? Interesting the Mitchie boy and zuckerbook of fecesbook fame BOTH own Vanguard 500 Admiral index fund shares. Who knew? :roll:

It's all right there in front of you........

Solutions? Add MORE US House of Reps (positive for a number reasons, starting with payoffs
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Who’s “your” side? I’m just asking because you keep jumping in and saying the same thing offering no opinion or belief on most of these topics, just repetitive

Return to “POLITICS”