JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm Let me try this again,
The flight crew did NOTHING wrong - if you do NOT like it - change the regulations and the rules - they are innocent of all chargers;
If Trump as President wants to lower his gov' room rate why are you complain$ng about it - saves you money
So by your way of thinking, you'd have no trouble with Trump hiring Marillyn Hewson, the CEO of Lockheed Martin, as the head of Procurement at the DoD, right? And she doesn't have to give up her shares or her control of Lockheed in order to do this, right?

So long as Lockheed goes through what you deem to be "the normal bidding process", you see no problem with this?

Or hire an current exec from United to handle all domestic travel for Federal employees?

"So long at they're paying the government rate", there's no problem?

I'm guessing the Lockheed and United's competitors would like to have a word with you about your ethical assessment of your proposed procurement process. ;)

And have you asked yourself yet: who sets what that government rate is? Or sets what an acceptable price for a military airplane is?

You still don't see the problem?

Sorry to stay on this, but I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed by your position on this issue. And no, no one is blaming a bunch of twenty year old kids on a flight crew, as ardilla pointed out....Trump is the issue. This is not ok. Legal? I guess so. But it sure as heck shouldn't be legal.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm sure the USAF (& Prestwick airport) would welcome more hotels near the airport competing for their business.
They could then lower the per diem rate for that location.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm Did they vote? Was the indictment sealed? Inquiring minds want to know.
Do they have to report out before a trial is scheduled ?
The DoJ might be holding off, pending possible additional charges arising from the other investigations.
This single charge looks like a long shot in the DC District.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm I'm sure the USAF (& Prestwick airport) would welcome more hotels near the airport competing for their business.
:lol: So you want to cite "free market forces" as if they are at work here?

Who sets those per diem rates, and who is their boss?

And who decides that we need to use Prestwick? And who is their boss?

If you really, straight up think this is all good, I'm starting to understand why the Military doesn't follow generally accepted accounting practices.

And why there are no annual audits.

Eisenhower's warning, FTW......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:30 pm Image
Yep -- the Karmic Irony of a McCabe's likely indictment for the same alleged crime for which he entrapped Flynn.
Maybe if Mike Flynn was named Taquan Flynn and only had access to a public defender you would be right....counsel would be too inept to mount a defense. Don’t think Mike Flynn has that problem.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/e/entrapment/

https://www.quora.com/Is-entrapment-leg ... ue-process
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

LandM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm Forever,
I am 6 foot and 215 - do not call me "little fella" as I will give you the first three swings and knock you arse out on the 4th. Might want to know your target before throwing sally insults.
Have a great day.
Great post LandM... :mrgreen:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:29 pm Belichick just invited McCabe for a tryout.
Seems McCabe is now in position to sing a few songs... my, "how things have changed"...
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm Forever,
I am 6 foot and 215 - do not call me "little fella" as I will give you the first three swings and knock you arse out on the 4th. Might want to know your target before throwing sally insults.
Have a great day.
WR or DB? Unless you played heavier and maybe a LB?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm I'm sure the USAF (& Prestwick airport) would welcome more hotels near the airport competing for their business.
:lol: So you want to cite "free market forces" as if they are at work here?

Who sets those per diem rates, and who is their boss?

And who decides that we need to use Prestwick? And who is their boss?

If you really, straight up think this is all good, I'm starting to understand why the Military doesn't follow generally accepted accounting practices.

And why there are no annual audits.

Eisenhower's warning, FTW......
Per diem rates are determined by formula, based on costs of what are available at each location.
If there's an increase in the number of available rooms at a lower cost, it will drive the rate lower.
https://www.federalpay.org/article/per-diem

Per Diem rates are based on location and time of the year. Hotel prices often increase in the summer months so Per Diem rates will increase during those months as well. The federal government conducts cost of living surveys every year and uses this data set Per Diem rates appropriately.

Hotels in areas where official government travel is common will often offer discounted room rates that is equal to the government Lodging Per Diem rate. This is often a significant discount but is only offered on regular business days and the employee must present a government issued employee ID.
old salt

Post by old salt »

BREAKING NEWS Flash from the NastyNatashasphere:
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/sta ... gr%5Etweet

BREAKING: Preliminary results of the Air Force’s review of its use of Trump Turnberry shows that the service has lodged crews at the resort up to 40 times since 2015, a figure far higher than previously known.

Scoop with
@BryanDBender
To put that number in perspective, Nasty Natasha choose to omit -- that's just 40 of the cumulative 659 overnight stops at Prestwick since 2015, which she reported earlier.
Trump wasn't even in office until 2017. Next she'll stress that the number of overnights went up after Trump entered office, but she won't report that the total number of overnight stops also went up correspondingly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

At Vassar, Nasty Natasha was a poli sci & music major, but she's only 26.
CNN did the math for her :
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/12/politics ... ium=social

US Air Force review finds crews stayed at Trump hotel 6% of the time

(CNN)An internal US Air Force review of overnight stays by air crews during refueling stops at Prestwick Airport in Scotland found that military personnel stayed at President Donald Trump's Turnberry resort "approximately 6%" of the time between 2015 and 2019.

"We reviewed the vast majority the 659 overnight stays of Air Force crews in the vicinity at Glasgow Prestwick Airport between 2015 and 2019. Approximately 6% of those crews stayed at the Trump Turnberry," a US Air Force official told CNN Thursday.
The official added that "the review also indicated that about 75% of the crews stayed in the immediate vicinity of the airfield and 18% stayed in Glasgow."

Trump's pick to be the next Air Force secretary, Barbara Barrett, was asked during her confirmation hearing Thursday by Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut whether the Air Force should ban crews from staying at Trump-owned hotels.
"I'll take a look at the rules and regulations on that and evaluate what policy should be issued," Barrett answered.

The Turnberry resort is not considered to be in the immediate vicinity of the airfield, which has come under increased use from Air Force crews in recent years.
According to Air Force statistics between 2015 and 2019, Air Mobility Command aircraft stopped at Prestwick a total of 936 times, 659 of those stops involved overnight stays.
The number of overnight stops at Prestwick has steadily increased: There were 40 in 2015, 75 in 2016, 116 in 2017, 208 in 2018 and 220 through August 2019.

The Air Force says the reason for the air field's increased usage derived from flight directive issued to mobility crews in June 2017, which it said was "designed to increase efficiencies by standardizing routing locations, with Prestwick being among the top five locations recommended for reasons such as more favorable weather than nearby Shannon Airport, and less aircraft parking congestion than locations on the European continent."

Following reports of the hotel's usage the top leaders of the Air Force ordered a review of "all guidance pertaining to selection of airports and lodging accommodations during international travels."
The House Oversight and Reform Committee earlier this year launched a probe of the stays at Turnberry after aircraft would be directed to land at Prestwick.

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm Per diem rates are determined by formula, based on costs of what are available at each location.
Keep playing dumb. Keep Trolling.

I'm unimpressed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:32 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm Per diem rates are determined by formula, based on costs of what are available at each location.

I'm unimpressed.
Your Aunt could have explained it to you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 pm Trump wasn't even in office until 2017. Next she'll stress that the number of overnights went up after Trump entered office, but she won't report that the total number of overnight stops also went up correspondingly.
So what?

"That's not illegal", right? Isn't that your ONLY bar for how the world works?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

or they, could...umm....build a bunk room ......wtheck. Guess the brave WW2 pilots of all those bombers slept in a nice cozy bed, in a hotel with 3 thousand count sheets. Each an every time . And please don't speak of different times, if you know what I mean. Meaning, war time. Why is the United States military defending the UK? (why are they there at all ?)

Wow....the arrogance. We leave Europe.....and war will break out. Like it hasn't ? Something about "former" Yugoslovia. USS Liberty.......Ukraine girls.....
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm unimpressed.
She did. Wanna guess how mad she is about Trump making money off of Federal employees? And how many different kinds of wrong it is for him to do that?

You don't care because you're a Trump fan, and your values are wholly based on who we are discussing.

If they were mean to Trump? You want them to follow a strict moral and ethical code, and have been going on and on and on about how immoral your Deep State is.

But when it comes to Trump and his toadies? Not only do they not have to follow any codes....they don't have to follow laws, either, as you dismiss felony convictions as if they were tickets for jaywalking.

It's depressing to watch.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm unimpressed.
She did. Wanna guess how mad she is about Trump making money off of Federal employees? And how many different kinds of wrong it is for him to do that?

You don't care because you're a Trump fan, and your values are wholly based on who we are discussing.

If they were mean to Trump? You want them to follow a strict moral and ethical code, and have been going on and on and on about how immoral your Deep State is.

But when it comes to Trump and his toadies? Not only do they not have to follow any codes....they don't have to follow laws, either, as you dismiss felony convictions as if they were tickets for jaywalking.

It's depressing to watch.
Well. The US Navy trained me. It's well known that we're even more corrupt than the US Air Force.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am The people can be trusted, and government is there to secure, not create, their rights.
From the former Governor of Lousiana?

The ENTIRE reason anyone lives in that State anymore is the largesse of the FEDERAL government.

What a crock of nonsense. Can I have my tax money back from these States? Please?

And the black citizens of Louisiana have had their rights "secured" for, what, 30 years now? :roll:
[/quote]

We should be championing this .....more like 50 years........securing of rights for blacks. We could be like so many other countries, secular or not, is THAT what you would prefer?

We could always build cracking towers in YOUR neighborhood......always complaining about customers, or at least potential ones. Just silly. tRump is the only one making money from the government, didn't your father work for the second largest revenue producer, based in Denver. those mine sharks.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:02 pm forever,
How is your boy McCabe doing about now - conflict, lying, leaking - pick a topic that your ethics seems to cover
Hold on there little fella'....what Trump is doing and what McCabe is accused of doing, are apples and oranges.

What part is confusing you?

R3 wouldn't answer my direct question 2x...have you ever had a job where conflicts of interest mattered?
As an elected official, yes. A Board member, yes. Non-compete, yes, but not the same I guess. Jobs where conflict of interest couldn't be explained, or ask permission, etc.

What do you mean by "mattered" regarding conflicts of interest? Jail time? Fired? Warned? Ignored, because you're the boss?

No conflict of interest for Obama and google's market take over. None at all. taats, but you're still sucking on a D or R binky
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:08 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:02 pm forever,
How is your boy McCabe doing about now - conflict, lying, leaking - pick a topic that your ethics seems to cover
Hold on there little fella'....what Trump is doing and what McCabe is accused of doing, are apples and oranges.

What part is confusing you?

R3 wouldn't answer my direct question 2x...have you ever had a job where conflicts of interest mattered?
As an elected official, yes. A Board member, yes. Non-compete, yes, but not the same I guess. Jobs where conflict of interest couldn't be explained, or ask permission, etc.

What do you mean by "mattered" regarding conflicts of interest? Jail time? Fired? Warned? Ignored, because you're the boss?

No conflict of interest for Obama and google's market take over. None at all. taats, but you're still sucking on a D or R binky
Obama must have screwed your girlfriend....you are obsessed

Return to “POLITICS”