JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:12 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S. Name one president who financially feathered his nest to the same extent Trump has....

Or, the question phrased another way....the the F troop truck would anyone want to stay at an expensive golf course/club next to a F fing RUNWAY. Or, put another way.......who the F would BUILD a golf course/club next to a runway, AF base ?
You're joking, right? PRedict goal post moving in terms of history, modern measures, etc. ANd of course, nuances of when money is earned. You already have, ignoring the REAL 43 PResident and his Halliburton stock ownership, zero bid contracts. To start. THAT is not important.

Who has been prosecuted for insider trading? STOCK act, lame as it is, is how old? exactly. And Obama made online searches disappear, you had to GO to DC to do any research. Unless you count those financial disclosure online, which apparently the journalists of the MSM just can't seem to find their way to.
Just the name of ONE sitting president will suffice. Try doing apples to apples....
Andrew's Harding, Jackson and Johnson. Nixon. Obama, Kennedy.....some say Grant.

But, you have define what you mean by "tRumps way" of making money off the Presidency. I really can't help someone who is not concerned that less than three years after earning "only" $500k, can purchase or hold mortgages worth $25 million. Nor question the unprecedented "advances" and the source of that income.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S. Name one president who financially feathered his nest to the same extent Trump has....

Or, the question phrased another way....the the F troop truck would anyone want to stay at an expensive golf course/club next to a F fing RUNWAY. Or, put another way.......who the F would BUILD a golf course/club next to a runway, AF base ?
You're joking, right? PRedict goal post moving in terms of history, modern measures, etc. ANd of course, nuances of when money is earned. You already have, ignoring the REAL 43 PResident and his Halliburton stock ownership, zero bid contracts. To start. THAT is not important.

Who has been prosecuted for insider trading? STOCK act, lame as it is, is how old? exactly. And Obama made online searches disappear, you had to GO to DC to do any research. Unless you count those financial disclosure online, which apparently the journalists of the MSM just can't seem to find their way to.
Just the name of ONE sitting president will suffice. Try doing apples to apples....
Andrew's Harding, Jackson and Johnson. Nixon. Obama, Kennedy.....some say Grant.

But, you have define what you mean by "tRumps way" of making money off the Presidency. I really can't help someone who is not concerned that less than three years after earning "only" $500k, can purchase or hold mortgages worth $25 million. Nor question the unprecedented "advances" and the source of that income.
So you got nothing...just what I thought. No other sitting president has made as much money off the US government as Trump.

I could give a fig what they do after they leave office...assuming it's legal.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm

So you got nothing...just what I thought. No other sitting president has made as much money off the US government as Trump.

Zion Williamson went from a 20x15 room to a palace.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm Andrew's Harding, Jackson and Johnson. Nixon. Obama, Kennedy.....some say Grant.

Dude, Michelle's book is the best selling memoir of all time. You know that, right? Obama's are pretty squeaky clean.

What did Nixon do?

Kennedy's were too rich and owned too much stuff for them to not have gained from his office. And Teddy's.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:44 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm Andrew's Harding, Jackson and Johnson. Nixon. Obama, Kennedy.....some say Grant.

Dude, Michelle's book is the best selling memoir of all time. You know that, right? Obama's are pretty squeaky clean.

What did Nixon do?

Kennedy's were too rich and owned too much stuff for them to not have gained from his office. And Teddy's.
Did you see the first documentary from the Obama’s production company on Netflix? It was excellent. American Factory.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I really can't help someone who is not concerned that less than three years after earning "only" $500k, can purchase or hold mortgages worth $25 million. Nor question the unprecedented "advances" and the source of that income.
The Obama's put their joint book rights out to auction. Four publishers entered the auction. Including HarperCollins, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp., and which is also the publisher for former Fox Newser Bill O’Reilly.

Penguin apparently won the bidding. Makes sense since Penguin had previously published BO's three prior books, all of which sold well and made money.

Michelle's book (which is included in the deal) was the best selling book in 2018 despite being released in November. Sales to date are over 10 million. At $20 per book, that's $200 million gross revenue to the publisher (and climbing). At a 10% royalty (standard), Michelle's book alone would justify a $20 million advance.

Given that BO's 2006 pre-election book sold 7.5 million copies, pretty reasonable to expect he's going to outsell Michelle.

TL/DR -- it is just good business. Based on the fact that people like the Obamas. A lot.

Try some facts next time, k? Cheers.

P.S. When the Very Stable Genius leaves the WH (hopefully in January 2021) he'll be free to (and most definitely will) auction his book rights to the highest bidder. TBD how many will want to buy that product. I'd buy Trump's book if it was actually a real/true insight of what was going on in the WH. But I wouldn't pay a penny if it turns out to be a BS scree of lies and grievances (which is what I'd expect).
Last edited by ggait on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Hard to compare the works of the Obama's vs the "Number 1 best selling business book of all time". :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:53 pm Hard to compare the works of the Obama's vs the "Number 1 best selling business book of all time". :lol:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trump-The-Art- ... Swf-taqhIC
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm

What did Nixon do?

Did you see the first documentary from the Obama’s production company on Netflix? It was excellent. American Factory.
No, not yet. It in my queue, thanks!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hard to compare the works of the Obama's vs the "Number 1 best selling business book of all time".
Just another big fat lie from the big fat liar prez.
An analysis by PolitiFact found that other business books sold many more copies than The Art of the Deal. While it was impossible to find exact sales figures, a range of possibilities based on known claims and facts were given, and when compared to six other famous business books, The Art of the Deal ranked in fifth place according to the analysis; the first place book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, outsold it by a factor of 15 times.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
LandM

Post by LandM »

rcubed;
Let's give it a whirl. Your boy and hero Smedley must feel great that he is published and making a buck off his war efforts. 99.9% of the people have not and would not. Contractors make the money.....the little guy not so so much.

Here is why the government does not tell the taxpayer certain things - they do not want a bunch of freaking nutballs trying to attack troops. I have actually seen a burning tire thrown off an overpass trying to hit hit a vehicle driven by a guy in uniform. Storm Area 51 - see how that goes.

You make silly statements - you are supposedly a former Marine - I am sure you can figure this out.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Nothing???? I gave you seven names.

How is tRump making money off the US Government? Sources? Even so, is THAT illegal? How many elected officials are business owners? Make fortunes while in office? It just doesn't apply to Presidents. Oh, right, you're just talking Presidents. Isn't there a waiting period to become a lobbyist after leaving office for members of Congress?

At the end of the day, what is tRump doing that is illegal? Jealous that he is making money legally?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

LandM wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm rcubed;
Let's give it a whirl. Your boy and hero Smedley must feel great that he is published and making a buck off his war efforts. 99.9% of the people have not and would not. Contractors make the money.....the little guy not so so much.

Here is why the government does not tell the taxpayer certain things - they do not want a bunch of freaking nutballs trying to attack troops. I have actually seen a burning tire thrown off an overpass trying to hit hit a vehicle driven by a guy in uniform. Storm Area 51 - see how that goes.

You make silly statements - you are supposedly a former Marine - I am sure you can figure this out.
Who, in the USA, is attacking troops? Beyond McCarthur and Patton attacking troops, with troops.

You mentioned 4 star generals that you know........the little guys for sure. :roll: :roll:

I figured it our when I read at dawn we slept after getting it for a present during festavis or lite bright baby heyzooss fake birth day freshman year in college.

But, you are correct, NO little guy makes the bucks......that's why we only have ONE enlisted person on the Joint Chiefs.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Nothing???? I gave you seven names.

How is tRump making money off the US Government? Sources? Even so, is THAT illegal? How many elected officials are business owners? Make fortunes while in office? It just doesn't apply to Presidents. Oh, right, you're just talking Presidents. Isn't there a waiting period to become a lobbyist after leaving office for members of Congress?

At the end of the day, what is tRump doing that is illegal? Jealous that he is making money legally?
If you cant understand the thinking on your own or after following along, I have nothing for you.

Have you ever worked under any conflicts of interest rules?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

It's simple, is tRump breaking any laws or not?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

FATLEONARD.........our intel community had NO clue, apparently. Did Admirals and CHief Petty's steer the fleet to "certain" ports or not? Yup...it's ONly Trump......it's ok that Obama has $100 million in the pipeline........for no good reason other than people want to read their story. Good for them. Just don't tell me their innocent. Remember, bill ayers was just a guy in the neighborhood. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzSrJGS0ZnQ
old salt

Post by old salt »

Charlie Sykes on MSNBC :
" Imagine what a second term would be like, when a President Trump realizes -- I can bend all these agencies to my will. I can tell the Air Force where to refuel...If Donald Trump figures this out, it can get a lot worse " .:lol:.

...just imagine the kickbacks.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

What did Nixon do?

Guess Nixon was squeeky clean too ;)

Of course it's the best selling book of 2018.....and is such a short time too? Amazing-on has 86% rated "Becoming" as 5 star material. Conspiracy theory insert here.

Your wife owns the book......have YOU read it? It's horrible. Better than her senior Princeton thesis though. Ghost writing works.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm Charlie Sykes on MSNBC :
" Imagine what a second term would be like, when a President Trump realizes -- I can bend all these agencies to my will. I can tell the Air Force where to refuel...If Donald Trump figures this out, it can get a lot worse " .:lol:.

Who authorized jet fuel price reduction for google? Using the US Government pumps........WHO?

exactly

hypocrites. Go war, go.

https://www.latimes.com/business/techno ... story.html

google help Obama win? Still a fragile system, which is great. Better take down the interweb, people are thoughting.
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:43 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm Charlie Sykes on MSNBC :

Who authorized jet fuel price reduction for google? Using the US Government pumps........WHO?

exactly

hypocrites. Go war, go.

https://www.latimes.com/business/techno ... story.html

google help Obama win? Still a fragile system, which is great. Better take down the interweb, people are thoughting.
...did some contract flight ops for NASA. Corrupt, good old boy outfit.
Shielded from FAA oversight that regulates & inspects commercial operators.
No surprise the commercial sector has overtaken them in the space race.

Return to “POLITICS”