JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:05 am So, in in 2014 Trump personally negotiated a deal with Prestwick Airport...not as POTUS, just as a businessman.

No problem there presumably, but what was the quid pro quo?
Whatever it was, Trump knows what it is.

For instance, is he getting a kickback on gas revenues, or is there some other benefit?
Doesn't make sense that he simply gave a discount at his resort for crews out of the goodness of his heart.
That's just not Trump.
But if that's all it was, no sweat.

Again, whatever the deal made, as a business man no problem.
It's not that complicated. It's a straightforward business decision. Offering rooms at a discount generates revenue sufficient to cover overhead from rooms that would otherwise be empty.

Prestwick's survival as an airport was necessary for Turnberry's success. Anything they could do to make it a more attractive destination was in their mutual best interest.

It's a rational, ethical business arrangement, put in place well before Trump was President.

It's also in the US Air Force's interest to have Prestwick survive & be available 24/7/365 for a myriad of operational reasons I've attempted to explain.
yeah........no one questions nor cares how the former first's (Obama's) can afford TWO 8 figure homes......thirty two months removed from the oval office. Pretty sweet deal, investing that Presidential salary...and only 8 years later you can afford $25 million in real estate. Go cry in the sand if you bring up futures, book deals, reality tv, whatever. You evah see anyone read, or talk about their books? Interesting that NO indepth coverage of the Michelle tour left the audience more vapid........and all were TOO frighty cat to evah admit it........doing Michelles best lipstick vogue. Enjoy, elvis's finest craft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbeMC7ZMnqw
Why do you care what a former politician and his wife are doing? You believe they are doing something criminal? They are basically entertainers now. How much was big Papi making to swing a bat? David Price is making $31MM this year....Adam Sandler made $57MM this year!!!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

A poster laid out where all that Obama/Michelle book money went a few pages back, RRR. Nothing weird about it.

And every single liberal I know----including my wife----has Michelle's Book. They're likely not far enough left for you, is my guess.

And I would have sent the missus and her Mom to Michelle's lecture tour if I didn't think the ticket prices weren't obscene. :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:05 pm This is what fact checking & research before publication looks like.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ump-resort
More conflating......
.:lol:. ...you didn't even have time to read it. Don't let facts dispel your conspiracy theory.
Its not about "propping up a resort".... the point is that government employees should not stay in a Trump property while on a government errand.

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.h ... &from_sf=1
They probably won't be in the future, That does not support the accusations in the MSM that the USAF is corrupt.
I don't care what the MSM says. I know right from right.. and wrong from wrong. You do to.
It looks like the USAF procedures to increase stopovers in Prestwick were put in place before Trump was elected.

The fact that some (still unknown) % of aircrews lodged at a Trump property (probably when closer lodging was full), likely went unnoticed, as operations continued as usual.

I strongly suspect that if any high ranking officers were aware of the Trump connection, they would have stopped it, unless lodging near Prestwick is so limited that not using Turnberry would have limited the ability to use Prestwick.

Flag Officers don't need these kind of hassles & will do everything they can to avoid them, if they see them coming.
Is the air force base withOUT the airstrip......IS....is that the one close to tRump golf course? The only thing different trump has done different than others is being VERY open about making money off of the Presidency. Only no one sees it. geezzz wide awake, i' m not sleeping...
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

LandM wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:37 pm afan,
Just to be clear - we played with highly classified information - it was not toys - - you might want to educate yourself - lots of shi$ goes on that you the taxpayer has no idea - educate yourself as best as you can
so...you want us to educate ourselves on something we know nothing of? Is that correct?

Also, why do you think it's clever...or PATRIOTIC...to make a boastful statement, mocking even, that we, the US taxpayer, fund turd YOU think we should have no idea about. I find this very odd. And take it from the kettle glass . Or, moved around a little........second word is just A.S.S., meaning me.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:05 pm This is what fact checking & research before publication looks like.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ump-resort
More conflating......
.:lol:. ...you didn't even have time to read it. Don't let facts dispel your conspiracy theory.
Its not about "propping up a resort".... the point is that government employees should not stay in a Trump property while on a government errand.

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.h ... &from_sf=1
They probably won't be in the future, That does not support the accusations in the MSM that the USAF is corrupt.
I don't care what the MSM says. I know right from right.. and wrong from wrong. You do to.
It looks like the USAF procedures to increase stopovers in Prestwick were put in place before Trump was elected.

The fact that some (still unknown) % of aircrews lodged at a Trump property (probably when closer lodging was full), likely went unnoticed, as operations continued as usual.

I strongly suspect that if any high ranking officers were aware of the Trump connection, they would have stopped it, unless lodging near Prestwick is so limited that not using Turnberry would have limited the ability to use Prestwick.

Flag Officers don't need these kind of hassles & will do everything they can to avoid them, if they see them coming.
Is the air force base withOUT the airstrip......IS....is that the one close to tRump golf course? The only thing different trump has done different than others is being VERY open about making money off of the Presidency. Only no one sees it. geezzz wide awake, i' m not sleeping...
You are the only one that saw it.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S.

Or, the question phrased another way....the the F troop truck would anyone want to stay at an expensive golf course/club next to a F fing RUNWAY. Or, put another way.......who the F would BUILD a golf course/club next to a runway, AF base ?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S.
You tell me how it's the same?

https://onlinebusiness.american.edu/blo ... net-worth/
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S.

Or, the question phrased another way....the the F troop truck would anyone want to stay at an expensive golf course/club next to a F fing RUNWAY. Or, put another way.......who the F would BUILD a golf course/club next to a runway, AF base ?
Is it next to the runway? Why would anyone want to play golf on a landfill?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:40 pm
you replied before I edited this;

So, investors who made trillions on Presidential insider trading (what STOCk act? :lol: :lol: ), when big pharma or arga or energy (enron) or bankstering, often based on Presidential action, or certainly guidance, these very same people would reward, or in your case NOT reward, a sitting President. Certainly, the FTC investigates ALL campaign financial "missteps" , NOT just the ones other groups bring up :roll: :roll: because we ALL have seen campaign audits and how much market share the campaign spent on the greater Buffalo market. And to NOT saturate away Bills games with TV ads IS a campaign strategy? So, I guess, folks like shrub bush the still alive President, didn't suddenly become rich after leaving office? Have to shrug my shoulders to the obvious fing case of Dick (how did their parents know) CHeney.......and just hang my head and walk away. Never divested....not one red stock cent. but U know this.....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Is it next to the runway? Why would anyone want to play golf on a landfill?
:lol: :lol: Route 3 golf........stay away like it's the plague. Love playing the Shattuck. so many other non trump like courses.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:53 pm

So, investors who made trillions on Presidential insider trading (what STOCk act? :lol: :lol: ), when big pharma or arga or energy (enron) or bankstering, often based on Presidential action, or certainly guidance, these very same people would reward, or in your case NOT reward, a sitting President. Certainly, the FTC investigates ALL campaign financial "missteps" , NOT just the ones other groups bring up :roll: :roll: because we ALL have seen campaign audits and how much market share the campaign spent on the greater Buffalo market. And to NOT saturate away Bills games with TV ads IS a campaign strategy? So, I guess, folks like shrub bush the still alive President, didn't suddenly become rich after leaving office? Have to shrug my shoulders to the obvious fing case of Dick (how did their parents know) CHeney.......and just hang my head and walk away. Never divested....not one red stock cent. but U know this.....
They rely on a network and capitalize on their post office influence. Who cares. It's not illegal :lol: :lol: :lol: you want them to take a vow of poverty?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm

They rely on a network and capitalize on their post office influence. Who cares. It's not illegal :lol: :lol: :lol: you want them to take a vow of poverty?
I left my beer and had to head back and grab it.....sorry.....but, I mentioned something about Dick CHeney, and certain "other" companies. Remember, we elect only the finest. This man actually said, in 1999, that saddam Huessiin was their BEST customer. The beer tastes bad and regret returning for it.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm

I left my beer and had to head back and grab it.....sorry.....but, I mentioned something about Dick CHeney, and certain "other" companies. Remember, we elect only the finest. This man actually said, in 1999, that saddam Huessiin was their BEST customer. The beer tastes bad and regret returning for it.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-tru ... ud-lawsuit
old salt

Post by old salt »

More detail on why the AK ANG flight was routed vis Prestwick :
https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... esort.html

The mission in question began at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska on March 13, and included stops at Creech Air Force Base, Nevada; Portsmouth International Airport at Pease, New Hampshire, a dual civilian-military airport; Prestwick; and Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait, Thomas said.

The crew returned to Elmendorf on March 19.

Despite the probe into possible irregularities, some cargo and tanker pilots were quick to note that the landings at Prestwick were not unusual.
Military.com separately spoke with two Air Force pilots who've both stopped at Prestwick in recent months.

"With the Global War on Terror and Operation Inherent Resolve drawing down, countries have become increasingly less accommodating with diplomatic clearances, quiet hour waivers etc. [and] Prestwick has none of those restrictions, and the U.K. allows pretty much blanket diplomatic clearances for us," said an Air Force instructor pilot who flies mobility aircraft.

The instructor pilot provided photos of his aircraft parked on the ramp at Prestwick in May.
He noted that he found it unusual Prestwick is the new "in spot," but added it has given some relief to other bases like Ramstein which typically see a heavy traffic of cargo aircraft and tankers, and Lakenheath, which already hosts an abundance of fighter aircraft.

"Now with Prestwick we can typically cut an East Coast stop -- which saves time -- and we relieve pressure on Ramstein," he said.
"Prestwick is a very, very common stopover and crews only stay at places at or under the lodging rate ... sometimes Turnberry is under the rate, and I wouldn't blame a crew for staying there," added a former active-duty KC-135 pilot who's made a few stops to Prestwick.

The KC-135 pilot said his stops there in recent months were because nearby RAF Mildenhall, U.K., home of the 100th Air Refueling Wing, was too busy to take on more tankers.
"And Ireland is really, really tough to get diplomatic clearance to land through," the KC-135 pilot said.

In April, an Air Force C-17 crew with call sign Reach 445 broke diplomatic protocol to land at Ireland's Shannon airport in order to get expedited medical care for a sailor in critical condition.

For the March Prestwick incident, Thomas said that a local agent on contract with the U.S. government "assisted with the reservations and indicated that there wasn't a room available closer to Prestwick Airport."

"The hotel was 54 minutes from ... Prestwick, but that is not a remarkable distance to travel to receive government-rate lodging," he said.
How many manhours is the Air Force going to have to waste, justifying every flight through Prestwick, to answer all the stupid questions from Congress & the fake news MSM. BS like this is what drives good people out of the military. The airlines are hiring.
Our Air Force is corrupt -- thanks MSNBC Mean Girls
https://twitter.com/DeadlineWH/status/1 ... 0914068481
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

John Bolton Resigns - The White House loses a voice willing to disagree with the President.

"John Bolton resigned as White House national security adviser on Tuesday, which must delight North Korea’s Kim Jong Un, Iran’s Hassan Rouhani, Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Venezuela’s Nicolás Maduro. America’s adversaries lost a rare internal restraint on President Trump ’s inconstant and transactional security instincts. The world is now a more dangerous place.

Start with the fact that Mr. Trump didn’t tell the truth about firing Mr. Bolton. “I asked John for his resignation” due to policy disagreements, Mr. Trump tweeted. The disagreements were real. But Mr. Bolton says he offered to resign Monday during a conversation with the President on Afghanistan. Mr. Trump said they’d talk again in the morning.

Mr. Bolton went home on what was the 17-month anniversary of taking the job and decided to resign. He submitted his resignation letter Tuesday morning, even as the White House announced he’d be briefing the media on antiterror measures. Shortly thereafter Mr. Trump tried to spin the resignation as his idea with his tweet.

None of this speaks well of the President, who fears looking bad for having lost his third NSC adviser in three years. James Mattis resigned last year as Secretary of Defense, only to have Mr. Trump force him out two months early out of spite. Mr. Trump ousted Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State via tweet after months of publicly undercutting him. Mr. Trump is a hard man to work for.

A President deserves advisers who will implement his policies, but there’s no doubt Mr. Bolton did that even when he disagreed. The troubling implication of Mr. Bolton’s departure is that Mr. Trump doesn’t really want to hear opposing points of view. He says he does, but he makes work intolerable for those who give him contrary advice.

The difference isn’t the simplistic media line—from the left and also on the isolationist right—that Mr. Bolton is a hawk who prevented Mr. Trump from pursuing peace around the world. The real issue is that Mr. Trump thinks every security issue can be boiled down to a negotiation, and that every other head of state wants to do a deal like he does.

The terms matter less to Mr. Trump than the art of the deal. Mr. Bolton had the thankless task of telling Mr. Trump that a bad deal is worse than no deal, and that strategic ground must be prepared in advance and over time if you want to get a good deal.

In this role Mr. Bolton saved Mr. Trump more than once from his worst negotiating instincts. Mr. Bolton was one of those who argued in February that Mr. Trump should walk away from a bad deal with North Korea’s Kim in Hanoi.

He also was a lone Administration voice advising against signing a deal with the Afghan Taliban. Mr. Trump wants to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan, and it was the President’s idea to invite the Taliban to Camp David on the week of the anniversary of 9/11. Mr. Trump spared himself substantial embarrassment by cancelling the talks at the last minute, thanks in part to Mr. Bolton’s counsel.

For all of his tough talk, Mr. Trump doesn’t seem to want a tough foreign policy. His desire for deals is the reason he flatters dictators and strongmen on the other side of the negotiating table despite their records.

Mr. Trump has told his advisers to tone down criticism of China’s Xi Jinping on Hong Kong and the re-education camps in Xinjiang. Mr. Trump is reluctant to impose sanctions on Turkey for buying Russia’s S-400 missile system, despite a clear violation of NATO commitments. He’d like to loosen sanctions on Mr. Putin’s Russia, and he’d be pleased to sit down with Messrs. Rouhani or Maduro.

As he heads into a difficult re-election campaign, Mr. Trump should be sending a signal of reassurance and steadiness. Instead the world sees disarray inside the Administration and a President given to policy-making as impulsive as his Twitter feed.

The question now is what Mr. Bolton’s departure means for U.S. foreign policy for the next 14 months. The political pressure will build for some foreign-policy achievement as Election Day approaches. Yet to get North Korea, Iran or Russia to agree may require concessions that damage U.S. interests.

Another danger is that Mr. Trump’s behavior is increasingly self-isolating. He thinks individuals are expendable, but the advisers he has lost represent constituencies that ought to be on his side. Generals Mattis and H.R. McMaster, his second NSC adviser, represent the military. Mr. Bolton speaks for the Jacksonian wing of U.S. foreign policy that believes in a strong defense of American interests around the world. Mr. Trump should be cementing these loyalties, not undercutting them."
a fan

Post by a fan »

This is Bolton's chance to make epic money.

Publishers MUST be engaged in a bidding war over a tell-all from Bolton.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Who was willing to disagree with the former President ? Val or Eric? :roll: Did you care when he fired Mattiss? More American hypo..........

What did Bolton and tRump disagree on? Bringing our troops home? All of them.....remember, 75% of our "fighting force" are expensive private contractors.

Imagine if the MSM talked about that, 24/7 instead of boring us to tears covering tRump's Alabama hurricane claim. Even though three of us DID see that path in the weather channel path predictions. Even the Sunday shows talked about it, with smugness. paid shills.

Why are so many so called liberals war mongers ?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S. Name one president who financially feathered his nest to the same extent Trump has....

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S. Name one president who financially feathered his nest to the same extent Trump has....

You're joking, right? PRedict goal post moving in terms of history, modern measures, etc. ANd of course, nuances of when money is earned. You already have, ignoring the REAL 43 PResident and his Halliburton stock ownership, zero bid contracts. To start. THAT is not important.

Who has been prosecuted for insider trading? STOCK act, lame as it is, is how old? exactly. And Obama made online searches disappear, you had to GO to DC to do any research. Unless you count those financial disclosure online, which apparently the journalists of the MSM just can't seem to find their way to.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 am

You're joking, right? PRedict goal post moving in terms of history, modern measures, etc. ANd of course, nuances of when money is earned. You already have, ignoring the REAL 43 PResident and his Halliburton stock ownership, zero bid contracts. To start. THAT is not important.

Who has been prosecuted for insider trading? STOCK act, lame as it is, is how old? exactly. And Obama made online searches disappear, you had to GO to DC to do any research. Unless you count those financial disclosure online, which apparently the journalists of the MSM just can't seem to find their way to.
Just the name of ONE sitting president will suffice. Try doing apples to apples....

Return to “POLITICS”